Welcome to Gaia! ::

Loiterer

(Former) Gaia staff: Just because you are no longer staff doesn't mean you can't go to Gaia Online IRL meetups! I'm sure many gaians would still love to meet you! 3nodding

Green Gaian

I wish them the best of luck in their future endeavors.

Shirtless Hellraiser

16,625 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Cheercrusher 50
Existential Existence
Meeeeeeeeeehhhhhhh.

Meeehhhhhh. bleeeehhhhh. okay...

it's just sad. crying

i will miss Pan the most crying He is such a great communicator with users, with the technical side of explaining site issues, especially.

damn man

I'm sorry you are feeling sad emotion_hug I'll pass along your comments to Pan, just so he knows how awesome you think he is 3nodding

Angelic Healer

It's sad to see them all go, they were some of the most talented and greatest minds here on Gaia. I will really miss seeing their work but I hope they continue to stay on Gaia and interact with us. To all of you I wish you lots of love and luck on your future endeavors. emotion_hug

Intellectual Bookworm

17,325 Points
  • Alchemy Level 9 100
  • Torii Attendant 100
  • Bookworm 100
truly sad emo reminds me of what happens in 'up in the air' movie
least we still have siskataya emotion_bigheart

Eloquent Cutie-Pie

17,000 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Senpai's Notice 100
sad day... domokun stargate

Questionable Hero

24,325 Points
  • Healer 50
  • 20 Wins 100
  • Hunter 50
Well, I want to say a 'good bye, thanks for all your hard work; good luck with the future!' to those leaving.
But I also want to say 'welcome to Gaia, enjoy your stay! to all the newcomers as well. They're gonna need to fill in some big shoes.

Familiar Lunatic

"we're sure you understand why"
Giving me more credit than I deserve emotion_awesome

I kid, I kid. I'm shocked, saddened, puzzled, and worried. And confused.
Thought that last one's not new >.>"

I guess some amount of info is on the way... in the mean time my well wishes where appropriate, in particular to any lesser known "background" people. They're awesome and invisible like ninjas ninja

Professional Novice

User Image
Aww. That's a shame. I hate to see staff leave. It's hard to find good help these days. ^^;

I'll definitely miss them. =(

Malevolent Receiver

7,450 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
Bornes
(Former) Gaia staff: Just because you are no longer staff doesn't mean you can't go to Gaia Online IRL meetups! I'm sure many gaians would still love to meet you! 3nodding

Do you feel comfortable showing up at the company christmas party, after you've been fired from the company?

B)

If they can swallow that, they're a better man than I. :<

Destructive Bunny

Thanks for the notice Sisky, and I'm glad you are still on the staff. If you had left too there will be no one else good at PR left.

I'm also glad swarf is still with us too, as if he'd gone too there will be no one else who knows how to run zOMG.

JK and pan will be dearly missed.

I have one question, although I'd understand if you can't answer. Does this have anything to do with HoC not doing well on Facebook?

Angelic Nitemare

This just seems like it came up very suddenly.

Change is one thing, but this doesn't feel right at all. I looked over the list of ones that we know about, and....Pan, Buki, Prism, JK...these aren't just random staff.

These are people that we as Gaians not only have come to know, but respect as well.

Something isn't right in those offices. I thought I imagined it when I visited, but...you guys don't have the livelihood the place was once known for.

I know Gaia Interactive is a business. No one is debating that point, but I think someone there lost sight of what Gaia is. it's not about selling items and crunching sales figures.

Gaia was founded when a couple friends got together, and shared the love of a common interest and invited others to join in. Along the way, more people were brought in as the site grew, but it didn't lose that spark that made the site special.

But the past few years, it's been harder and harder to justify actions taken by those who get to make certain calls. I get that layoffs happen to keep a company afloat, but these people were not known for being bad workers, and are incredibly well known in the user community.

And Many of them come from the HoC team too, from what I have been hearing. I might be wrong about it, but it sounds like someone's being tossed under the proverbial bus.

No...It's not sounding good at all.

Revered Inquisitor

I am just worried that these moves will lead to the massive downfall of nearly all the games on gaia (intended or not)... which I assume a fairly decent sized part of the community is largely here for.

It really sucks for those laid off... hopefully they can quickly get back on their feet and do work elsewhere. Definitely gonna miss quite a few of the ones I know have been let go.

Guys, seriously... if there is a thread or a post around here that you don't like... leave it be. Spreading hate and trolling people has no place in this community. Certain people may have been in the wrong, but when you troll or hate on them you get in the wrong too. Don't prolong it or add to it; let it go. If it is blatant trolling, a misplaced thread or anything that violates the ToS, report it and move along. Don't feed the trolls and don't add to the hatred. This is a nice, clean and happy community. Please, don't dirty it.

I am Gavyn the Mighty and I approve of this message.

Original Survivor

Sucks you can't get into more details, think you guys will ever be able too? Just want to know more about why so many had to be let go.. Nothing serious will come from this right? Like disappearing games, even more delays in updates, I assume somethings will be effected by this.

I'm going to miss [ JK ] the most, he helped me and my wife during a drastic struggle and it hurts to see him leave. crying

siskataya
Also siska, if I may, I'd like to revisit a concern/favor I asked for a few months back via PM. If it's ok with you.

Benevolent Cutesmasher

14,050 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
User Image
User Image

Really hope everyone is ok I understand why these things happen, but as a regular user and customer of your site I really want some actual information on why and want ot know Gaia is'nt going to shutdown. We neeeeeeed some in depth assurance Sisky!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff