Welcome to Gaia! ::

Krule Keke's Significant Otter

Apocalyptic Rogue

41,915 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Abomination 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
Hikaru Tsukina

She was giving a recap for what was going on in the panel for those who are interested. You don't have to believe her and she is not required to give us proof.

"Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!"

It's a bit hard to have a discussion when there is no source/proof within the OP.

"Ph’nglui mglw’nafh Cthulhu R’lyeh wagh’nagl fhtagn."

Big Noob

Rhea Byrne
Rosalia Muller
Oh yeah! Did anyone ask about fishing and its wonky captchas?

Codemonkey's addressed this already.

Ah, thanks Rhea. Serves me right for not reading them SF threads properly. OTL

Program_Virus's Husband

Manly Wife

This does not surprise me.
emotion_facepalm
I don't seen how this economy is healthy when the only way to honestly even make gold is by giving real money to the site and all they're doing is pushing more cash items instead of actually getting around to fixing bugs around it and even bettering it/ updating it in a good way.
8/
Kinda wish I could have attended the convention this year, but sadly since I'm states away with no money..I could not make it emotion_8c

Feral Fairy

15,665 Points
  • Team Rina 200
  • Campaign Manager 500
  • Cool Cat 500
Ainne Maire
I think that's the real issue; that the Gaian market isn't such a stomping ground for free vendors anymore
It still is. Vendors good enough to excel then can still excel today. Perhaps the only difference is that it takes longer for new vendors to accumulate initial capital, but just drop $5 and the possibilities are limitless from there (other methods include being lucky with Dumpster Dive/anon gifters or be friends with the right people). Vendors aren't the ones hit hardest by the economy, it's the free users who don't/can't vend and rely on the site's internal gold-making mechanism to make gold. If it's Gaia's business strategy to cull the numbers of this demographic in favor of paying customers, well, that's their prerogative along with all the risks and benefits.

Dead Hellraiser

Calelith
Hikaru Tsukina

She was giving a recap for what was going on in the panel for those who are interested. You don't have to believe her and she is not required to give us proof.

It's a bit hard to have a discussion when there is no source/proof within the OP.

Not to mention, the fact the user's hiding behind a mule makes me a bit skeptical, too.

Krule Keke's Significant Otter

Apocalyptic Rogue

41,915 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Abomination 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
Rhea Byrne
Calelith
Hikaru Tsukina

Not to mention, the fact the user's hiding behind a mule makes me a bit skeptical, too.

That doesn't help.

Kid-Jak-A-Lynn's Husband

Diamond Diamond

42,050 Points
  • Glacial Champion 350
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Battle: Level 10 250
Kain-Senpai
Awe!
That's OK. Mine love to lick and chew on my feet, too. Annabelle LOVES stinky feet. XD

I think I have a Annabelle on my friends list...

and now things got Weird.

Mysterious Trickster

Kid Jak
Kain-Senpai
Awe!
That's OK. Mine love to lick and chew on my feet, too. Annabelle LOVES stinky feet. XD

rofl
That's too funny.

Diamond Senshi

26,650 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Romantic Fortune Seeker 100
  • Object of Affection 150
Raining Pinwheels

There will also be revamps of item inventory and chat, so yay!

None of that about the cash/economy surprises me. stare BUT - this bit about the item inventory being updated?! Made my night! thank you for sharing emotion_hug

Intergalactic Sweetheart

Alocrescent
Imrae Myett

I love people like you. Dumpster Dive is way more fun and interesting nowadays.

Aww~I buy those 100 packs of stuff and almost anything I get under 100mil I just donate. Partly out of laziness to sell, and partly so others have a chance at some stuff they couldn't afford. crying

You are so awesome and sweet.

Kid-Jak-A-Lynn's Husband

Diamond Diamond

42,050 Points
  • Glacial Champion 350
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Battle: Level 10 250
Kain-Senpai
Kid Jak
Kain-Senpai
Awe!

rofl
That's too funny.

rofl

not for Annabelle! xd

Gryzzle's Darling

Dapper Fatcat

18,675 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Conventioneer 300
Loyals is getting updated every two weeks or once a month. They are still figuring out a date. Also manga update for a while. And summer event.

Mysterious Trickster

Kid Jak
Kain-Senpai
Kid Jak
Kain-Senpai
Awe!

rofl
That's too funny.

rofl

not for Annabelle! xd

No, she loves it. XD She goes to town on them feetsies.

Feral Fairy

15,665 Points
  • Team Rina 200
  • Campaign Manager 500
  • Cool Cat 500
Hitokiri Hitaru
Loyals is getting updated every two weeks or once a month. They are still figuring out a date. Also manga update for a while. And summer event.
Oh, you're at the panel as well? 3nodding

The SentineI's Prince

Enthusiastic Explorer

11,975 Points
  • Married 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Magical Girl 50
Ainne Maire
Little Gai
Ainne Maire

I... I feel like this whole post is meant to be satire...

Nobody lacks THAT much empathy, even in a virtual economy.

It's not that I lack empathy. I'm not saying I'm all for this new real-cash dominating market. I'm just saying the economy isn't unhealthy.

You should re-read the 4th little paragraph if you think I'm being insensitive or whatever.

7 years ago, I could buy a $10 cash item for 1 million gold; which would take me about 10 days to earn if I was solid and steady about getting that gold for the item. Without having to sell anything I already love in my inventory.

Today, a $10 cash item ranges anywhere from 500m gold to 5b gold on the market, which would take me 27 years to earn at 50k a day (for the 500m mark) without spending my food money for virtual enjoyment, or selling my inventory.

Are... we seeing the problem yet?

I've also been watching items jump around like beans in the market--WITHOUT the help of RIG releases.

An item that was selling for 15k last week suddenly has an average price of 90m now. Without any rhyme or reason to it.

That's... healthy?

No, it's broken. Broken more than it ever was before marketing thought it was a good idea to spill trillions of gold into the economy; knowing that there are users desperate enough to buy them.

Anybody new to this site and without disposable income and all the time in the world to sink into bug hunting, fishing, or gold grinding in the broken world of ZOMG has no chance of making their avatar look as amazing as they'd like--which is part of the main appeal of the site. Just my current outfit alone is vastly out of reach to a newcomer!

If that's healthy, then I'm apparently stupid.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff