Welcome to Gaia! ::

The girl who answered the economy problem felt really flustered at the question and was fidgeting a lot after that question. I think they know that the economy really does suck, but they're not doing anything to fix it.

Alien Invader

If by healthy they mean full of devalued gold, then sure.

I really wish they would have taken a straight forward approach with us. Said it was time Gaia became more sales dependent--could have even given that a positive spin saying more money for Gaia means more opportunities for Gaia and therefore Gaians, but instead of being treated like valued customers we're treated more like naive children.

And some of us are. Their lack of communication has spawned such turmoil amongst Gaians that many are as naive to think that someday maybe Gaia will stop releasing gold generators if we ask enough.

I'm at least glad the inventory arranger update is finally possibly maybe a thing in the near future. It'd be nice to have a functional way to store and organize all these items I'm expected to pay for.
Lockany
Hitokiri Hitaru

I was one of the few who whooped at someone mentioning the economy, but the silence in the crowd made me feel stupid.

But I was black beret who won the sweater and asked if the would considering altering the gold rewarded for posting in the forums since no one is getting really rewarded for that anymore.

I clapped, not sure if that helped at all. xD

I was pretty shocked...I'm not sure if others were afraid or just indifferent toward the matter.

It's okay. I was the one who started the applause. I was going to ask about the economy because it is the reason why I came to the panel in the first place along with free stuff.

I also asked about increasing the gold on zOMG during Q&A. All I got is that they're never going to touch zOMG ever again. zzz. Much disappoint. Much sad.

Hungry Immortal

38,775 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Cookie Collector 400
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0
I don't even care about the economy as much as I did before; for starters, it is obviously for selfish reasons - the inflation allowed me to get items I could only dream about before; but that selfish reason being said, I don't see why others couldn't accomplish the same. It is not like I've been sitting here for days, vending and trying hard to earn gold. It has become easier and even though the new users might feel overwhelmed, the truth is that nobody got rich within a first month on Gaia. A bit of work and investment is all it takes, and I'm not even saying that as an actual "work" but more like "go play fishing games and earn millions in one day". xD
So yeah, I guess I can see why they'd say economy is fine. While it isn't really, and I would still prefer for the sake of the whole community for the economy to restore, I don't mind the current state much sometimes I wonder if we're making too big of a deal out of it. neutral ( Don't get upset at this, I know very little of the way economics work, so I'm speaking of the little that I know. xD )

I'm looking forward to the inventory arranger, though! It is nice to hear it is being worked on.
I do wonder what happened to that major housing update, though. o,o

Loyal Exhibitionist

Oh boy. There's a new gold RIG - the Golden Piggy Bank. It has a payout of up to 25 billion.

rolleyes

13,550 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Hero 100
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
Hasuki Aatisuto
Oh boy. There's a new gold RIG - the Golden Piggy Bank. It has a payout of up to 25 billion.

rolleyes

The economy should be completely ruined by the time the 1 year anniversary of FB rolls around. emotion_facepalm
Lockany

That is fine, I respect your view. I understand that users do not and will not have direct input into the site operation, but users are making conscious choices doing what they are doing, whether it is AI-ing listings or buying gold generators, which neither of one is anything new.

I've seen this term get tossed around quite a bit in regard to the marketplace, and I have to ask:
What the heck is an 'AI-er' or whatever you call it? Is it someone that deliberately sells items above the norm or something in an attempt to get the price of the item to go up?

Cluttered Fatcat

9,250 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Market Browser 100
METALFumasu
Lockany

That is fine, I respect your view. I understand that users do not and will not have direct input into the site operation, but users are making conscious choices doing what they are doing, whether it is AI-ing listings or buying gold generators, which neither of one is anything new.

I've seen this term get tossed around quite a bit in regard to the marketplace, and I have to ask:
What the heck is an 'AI-er' or whatever you call it? Is it someone that deliberately sells items above the norm or something in an attempt to get the price of the item to go up?

Artificial Inflation. 3nodding

O.G. Codger

20,150 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Bloodsucking Bros 250
  • Battle Hardened 150
GOD DAMMIT, GAIA

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Posessed Completionist

lolololol no surprise.

they're not going to stop until it's too late...they arn't very good at nipping problems in the bud. Last time the economy got ridiculous on here they had to hire an outside economist to figure it out and it resulted in the 2% tax, which at the time very few were actually pleased about. I seriously doubt they'll do that again too.

13,550 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Hero 100

Festive Celebrator

The Gaian Economy is healthy and getting healthier each day, with more and more zeroes adding... but of course, we have nothing to worry about because zeroes hardly count, right?

I am waiting for the one gold generator to rule them all... The one that will finally give the economy the kiss of "health."

It will be probably the one following the trillion gold generators... Or the ones after that. smile

13,550 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Hero 100
So healthy, we have three 25 bil GGs at once. rolleyes

13,550 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Hero 100
And now, a GC sale, who's surprised? stare

Quick Reply

Submit