Welcome to Gaia! ::

Greetings GCDers, I bring words of tidings from Fanime and the Gaia Online Panel.
For obvious reasons I am using a mule to save my main from possible issues.

When asked about the Gaian Economy, the reply was that it was viewed as "healthy" and that apart from a few zeros being added to the prices, there is no change. The economy is actually growing and nothing is going to be done about it.

It is also very telling that the panel itself was depressingly empty. Two years ago, it was impossible to get into the Gaia panel, whether that has to do with its location at the Fairmont as opposed to the actual convention center is up to you. Also, I just wanted to alert you, the cash problem does not seem to be viewed as much of one by your fellow attending con users. Possibly only two people asked about it.

Also, fat chance of you getting your accounts back or your tickets answered.

On the bright side, there might be leopard or dragon animal skins...though those will probably be cash shop items. There will also be revamps of item inventory and chat, so yay!

Because I am attending con, my answers will be sporadic, but I will do my best to try and get back to you.

Please know GCDers...I tried.

Highlights
- Summer Event: Animal bases vs Humans?
- Inventory Arranger in Queue
- New Chat messenger thing in queue. It sounds like the found some company to help with that.
- Didn't know that some Gaia items got added to Tentacl, that's acutally kind of cool.
- ZOMG...from what I understood...its too much to fix at the moment and they would rather update other things on the site.
- Loyal updates possibly every two weeks or once a month.
- VIP club thingy to con goers
- Manga to be updated for a while! (yay)
- Lots of suggestions written down in admin notebook.
- Possible gold earnings on various things to be tweaked? (But to what extend?)

If any other Fanime peeps remember something I forgot, please let me know.

Princess Nerd

20,175 Points
  • Master Librarian 500
  • Storybook Royalty 500
  • Magical Girl 50
Ugh, I wish whoever was in charge of PR wouldn't act like they don't know what is going on. I personally ran into Helsing last Sac Anime (his room was right next to mine) and he said "Gaia isnt what it used to be" when I mentioned the economy.

Loyal Fox

35,525 Points
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Avant Garde 200
  • Fashionable Fancy Dress: Fearsome 100
  • Fashionable Fancy Dress: Cute 100
IDk if they are going to pull the same thing for gencon or not but I will be there to find out.
Hi-Potion

The developers know exactly what's going on. The marketplace just is not an issue to them.

There might be an increase in how much gold we get for posting, but that's only to be considered. As for how much it will actually be...who knows.

Sparkling Transmutator

What a shocker... that would be their response on the economy. Healthy, huh?
Now excuse me while I go spend $1,000 on a loaf of bread at my local grocery store.

Heroic Exhibitionist

I read it as FAMINE PANEL.

dramallama

Royal Rabbit

Hi-Potion
Ugh, I wish whoever was in charge of PR wouldn't act like they don't know what is going on. I personally ran into Helsing last Sac Anime (his room was right next to mine) and he said "Gaia isnt what it used to be" when I mentioned the economy.

Sad thing is, weather or not there is an issue, PR will almost always say 'everything is fine' in the public eye. Gaia is making money, all is well with them and those that use cash. The others however...;3; -continues to donate to dumpster dive-

Lonely Loiterer

They probably think it will kill them if they say otherwise. rolleyes Or the fact that they did it on purpose

Dangerous Loiterer

I'm sure everything is fine as long as they don't take into account the satisfaction of their users. Which, as we all know at this point, they don't. I mean, people keep spending money, so they can't POSSIBLY be unhappy with the direction the site's been taking, right? emotion_facepalm

Bara Doge's Queen

Omnipresent Senshi

This does not surprise me.
They never had any intentions to fix the economy and they're shutting down any possible ways of making them address the issue.

Heavenly Seraph

43,325 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
And I presume they have a nice Bridge in Brooklyn to sell us that we can use to get to our new Arizona Marina condos?? rofl

In a relationship with VICTUURl

Hardcore Man-Lover

Healthy for their wallets, yes. emotion_awesome
Someone needs to grill them about the new inventory arranger.
Purinii
Healthy for their wallets, yes. emotion_awesome
Someone needs to grill them about the new inventory arranger.

That's actually in the queue of things that are getting done soon.

Muscular Shade

43,775 Points
  • Sunny Side Up 100
  • Snack Artist 250
  • Conquerer of Familiars 350
Raining Pinwheels
Greetings GCDers, I bring words of tidings from Fanime and the Gaia Online Panel.
For obvious reasons I am using a mule to save my main from possible issues.

When asked about the Gaian Economy, the reply was that it was viewed as "healthy" and that apart from a few zeros being added to the prices, there is no change. The economy is actually growing and nothing is going to be done about it.

It is also very telling that the panel itself was depressingly empty. Two years ago, it was impossible to get into the Gaia panel, whether that has to do with its location at the Fairmont as opposed to the actual convention center is up to you. Also, I just wanted to alert you, the cash problem does not seem to be viewed as much of one by your fellow attending con users. Possibly only two people asked about it.

On the bright side, there might be leopard or dragon animal skins...though those will probably be cash shop items.

Because I am attending con, my answers will be sporadic, but I will do my best to try and get back to you.

Please know GCDers...I tried.

Wait the Fanime Gaia panel was nearly empty?! eek
Last time I went, the room was so packed a that a fire marshall would have had a heart attack just by the mere sight of it.

It's kind of sad that it seems like the staff thinks the economy is "healthy". I mean, it's not just that there's inflation, it's that the economy's so freaking unstable too. sad

Feral Fairy

15,665 Points
  • Team Rina 200
  • Campaign Manager 500
  • Cool Cat 500
Raining Pinwheels
Elaborate on this, please?
Raining Pinwheels
That's actually in the queue of things that are getting done soon.
At least this is good news.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces