Welcome to Gaia! ::

<3 </3

Should they bring engraving back so people can engrave jewelry again?

Yes Please! 0.84 84.0% [ 84 ]
No its Lame! 0.16 16.0% [ 16 ]
Total Votes:[ 100 ]
1 2 3 4 5 6 >

MyGinjaNinja's Queen

Sparkling Witch

16,025 Points
  • Budding Witch 250
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
I miss the days of when we used to be able to engrave items, why did they get rid of that feature? crying

My engraved message: I hope this will remind you of our love. You are mine and I am yours. Now and forever.

Party Gaian

20,425 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Alchemy Level 8 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
I don't know why they took away that feature, but i remember all the heartfelt notes my friends left me in my watches and necklaces and now they're all gone. it's like someone burned my yearbook.

i guess jewelry sans engraving makes it easier to trade but we've got soulbinding now, we should be able to have engraving back...

Tipsy Roisterer

i hate her.
I don't know why they took away that feature, but i remember all the heartfelt notes my friends left me in my watches and necklaces and now they're all gone. it's like someone burned my yearbook.

i guess jewelry sans engraving makes it easier to trade but we've got soulbinding now, we should be able to have engraving back...

You can still read the engraving, you just have to look at the item in your inventory list.

I'd love to see the feature return, it was nice getting items with little messages permanently attached to them.

Trash Witch

Engraved Silver Bracelet
I've still got an engraved silver bracelet my friend gave me when I was like ..14?
Back when engraving was actually a thing - and considered EXPENSIVE.

I hope they bring something like it back in the future.

MyGinjaNinja's Queen

Sparkling Witch

16,025 Points
  • Budding Witch 250
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
i hate her.

I agree i almost cried when i read my locket, i had an engraved ring and bracelet but now its no more sad

MyGinjaNinja's Queen

Sparkling Witch

16,025 Points
  • Budding Witch 250
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
Raya Kioma
I've still got an engraved silver bracelet my friend gave me when I was like ..14?
Back when engraving was actually a thing - and considered EXPENSIVE.

I hope they bring something like it back in the future.
it would be rather wonderful

Space Werewolf

Engraved Silver Locket
I've still got a Silver Locket I engraved for myself.

I can kind of understand why the feature was removed; we do have an improved gifting system now that allows for messages, but it would be kind of nice to be able to customize certain items. ...I can't actually think of any new items in particular I'd want to get engraved, though.

Invisible Exhibitionist

42,475 Points
  • Toy Drive Tycoon 400
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Engraved Gold Bracelet
I was gifted this in my very first year on Gaia, for my birthday. That friend has long since gone off to other things, but I'll always treasure this little trinket. heart

Shepherd Sorey's Partner

Melodious Mage

13,425 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Doggone It! 100
Oh wow that was a thing? That's so cute what the heck!

Undead Deadeye

Engraved Silver Bracelet
I have a bracelet that an ex gave me. I have honestly no idea what it even says, and sometimes I want to sell it but I can't bring myself to because as much as I hate to admit it, it still holds a bit of sentimental value.

I kinda miss the feature. I never got a chance to engrave anything myself because it was so expensive.

xRedHatx's Wife

Original Grunny

26,065 Points
  • Trick or Treat 100
  • Generous 100
  • Supreme Supporter 500
I have an engraved bracelet my now husband gave me. I'll never sell or get rid of it. I liked the feature.
My real wedding band is engraved with our initials and wedding date.

Calculated Gekko

20,250 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Winged 100
  • Abomination 100
I remembered that I had an engraved locket that I bought for myself, just to test the feature. I don't know what I did with it, but it's not in my inventory anymore.

I don't have anything sentimental about my locket, but it would be very nice to bring that feature back.

King Noob

Engraved Gold Bracelet

- - -
Still got me one.
I wear it always. I like that you can't see it.
It says : "Myself; my only true friend."
...Don't give me that look, I didn't write it.

It was absolutely one of my favorite features. I don't understand at all why they took it away.
Still,I also like having this trinket from the past now. It's part of a dying race. Of jewelry. A sentiment from times long past.
- - -

Mewling Kitten

Wow, this brings back memories. I remember getting a silver ring (or wast it a silver bracelet?) from my ''ex'', but that's in my hacked account. I'm not sure did I sell it afterwards, because I found out he cheated on me. So much for the true love. rofl

Mega Noob

I have an engraved necklace that I bought on the marketplace when they were more common. It was actually cheaper than a normal silver locket, and actually has a pretty awesome message, "Merry Christmas from a good friend.".

I want them to bring it back, but then again...I'm sure "naughty" things were being engraved, which is why they stopped it. rofl

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff