Welcome to Gaia! ::

Lucky Saint

15,000 Points
  • Alchemy Level 8 100
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Fandoms.
The love and bain of everyone
So with that siad, how do you feels about Gaia's Fandom?
I kinda like Gaia's but compare to others, like the MLP one, it comes in 2nd.

/)

So gcd, whats' your opinion about Gaia's fandom and it's oddity.
I admit, I'm one of thoes people who snip a lot. BUT I BE BORED

Thankful Vegetarian

10,400 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
I'm not quite sure of the topic, like what a lot of users seem to like?
Okay um, I see a s**t-ton of users who like Doctor Who, and a whole bunch of weird anime I've never heard of. Seeing so much interest in, imo, odd s**t is a little annoying.

Lucky Saint

15,000 Points
  • Alchemy Level 8 100
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Heartlines
Okay um, I see a s**t-ton of users who like Doctor Who, and a whole bunch of weird anime I've never heard of. Seeing so much interest in, imo, odd s**t is a little annoying.
No, what do you think about Gaia's fandom.

Thankful Vegetarian

10,400 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
8-Bit Revolution
Heartlines

What? gonk
Like...people who are fans of Gaia?

Lucky Saint

15,000 Points
  • Alchemy Level 8 100
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Heartlines
8-Bit Revolution
Heartlines

What? gonk
Yup!
Like what do you think about their behavior and etc.

Sorry if that ain't clear, it's too early for me. sweatdrop

Thankful Vegetarian

10,400 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
8-Bit Revolution
Heartlines
8-Bit Revolution
Heartlines

What? gonk
Yup!
Like what do you think about their behavior and etc.

Sorry if that ain't clear, it's too early for me. sweatdrop

It's fine, I just woke up a bit ago.
Well I think a lot of users are too stark raving mad about the site. People always get pissy when you say it's "just pixels" but it's the truth. Also I see certain users who write topics the size of novels and I just think "Why do that...?".

Suooki's Significant Otter

O.G. Codger

5,400 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Jack-pot 100
I love those videos. The Medic has the best one, but I digress. Being a fan of something is fine, but, you're right, people do get a bit crazy with the whole being a fan thing. There's a fine line between fandom and obsession, though. Some people seem to cross over it very easily without knowing.

Tipsy Reindeer

If I get what you're trying to say, I find that there are two crowds to the gaia fandom (and probably most other fandoms). One half is the batshit insane "gaia can do no wrong/gaia is ******** awesome, how dare you say otherwise" zealots, and foam at the mouth at the very mention of anything gaia. The other just doesn't give a s**t and is much much more mellow- they're fans but they aren't gonna rub it into your face.

I haven't seen much of the former, only a few perhaps in the SF but I haven't been there in quite a while. A good portion of the GCD seems to fall into the latter category. Overall... I guess I like the fandom? It's hard to have an opinion about the fandom you're a part of... It's not something I've really thought about before, it doesn't come up a lot.

Demonic Citizen

User Image

Gaia is just like any other 'fandom' to me. I don't really associate myself with the fandom, but I'm not afraid to say I like it or talk to other fans. Simularily, Gaia's following is just like every other fandom: There's some pretty cool people, the idiots, the attention seekers and some people who take things too far. Though what I like about Gaia's 'fandom' is there is less of the latter three compared to most fandoms.

User Image

Friendly Seeker

Lol, I know the thread title song ...... without watching that video. Haha.

Dedicated Loiterer

14,625 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Champion 300
  • Ultimate Player 200
I'm one of Gaia's fans I assume. I'm more willing to defend the site than attack it. But I don't think anything is perfect and thus neither is this site.

I've always hated extremes though. I can't stand the person who says Gaia is an evil business spawned from the ninth level of hell to make our lives miserable, or that Gaia has been delivered on the fluffy pillows by the holiest angels in the light of purity.
When Gaia becomes more important than actual things happening in the world, then we've got a problem. Otherwise, fandom is only inevitable to happen for any game, website or topic.

Dapper Werewolf

Ive gone to Comic Con a few times to see the Gaia panel ,overall not many odd ball super kawii desu types were there when I was.

Salty Pirate

46,975 Points
  • Grunnyland Dabbler 50
  • Grunnyland Collector 150
  • Grunnyland Expert 250
Eh. Gaia convention meetups are really obnoxious, and the plot's sucked lately so I took all the fanfiction I wrote in the past down.

So I guess I have nothing to do with Gaia fandom any more.

I used to defend this site against detractors a lot but I just can't do that any more because, well, it isn't that great any more = /

In a relationship with RedstarGalaxy

Wistful Fairy

42,740 Points
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
  • Gaia Merch Box Achievement 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
Don't misunderstand me, I love Gaia and I really, really, really do enjoy the site and all it has to offer, BUT... I ABSOLUTELY loathe the Gaia fandom cat_stressed

I mean, maybe its because the GCD (or SF, Q&A, Heaven, etc) are just not the ones going to the Gaia convention meet-ups and, instead, the GD/CB/LD/etc are is the problem cat_xp
But, whatever the case maybe, I avoid the fandom cat_sweatdrop

Personally, I consider myself a major con-circuit goer and, as a result, there are three fandoms that you just avoid if you take attending conventions seriously: Gaia, Homestuck, and Minecraft; You can love all you want via the Internet, but they should be avoided at all costs at Cons... Which really sucks given how badly I want my Conventioneer achievement too cat_emo

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff