Welcome to Gaia! ::

Timid Cat

35,900 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Winged 100

I always dress up for events, if they interest me that is. If I couldn't give two cents for the event I usually just dress casual.
But then there's times like with the upcoming Halloween event and boy howdy did I make an outfit for it quickly. Then almost collapsed when they released the red Thief item recolor with the exact arm pose I wanted with the original outfit.
Colors usually vary depending on the event's theme. For Halloween it always Orange or Red. For Christmas it's always Green or White/Gold.

I am dressed for this summer event, though I could care a little more to do it once we know of any achievements or event items that aren't that crapshoot of a function or cash shop related.

Y'know what I'd really like to see come this Halloween event items? Items that are Gold/Purple and White/Blue. Colors that go with the two teams that will be battling each other for Humanity's ownership/sake. Either that or keep the Gold/Green and Black/Blue and not just decide to throw that out and make every other color set but those.

Shirtless Felis catus

24,950 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
I don't usually bother dressing up for events, but I couldn't resist putting something together for this one.

Aemon Targaryen's Partner

Tiny Lionheart

I usually dress up for an event when it first begins, but if I'm not really into the event I'll end up changing back after a day or two.

Predestined Hoarder

I'm really surprised at how many people dressed up for this event seeing that it is quite limited in theme (japanese, ninja, festival, kimono, fox, raccoon are keywords for most avatars I'm seeing today).

It isn't really the type of event I would typically dress up for but I had a new Fille (horribly hard to match even the texture of it) that I wanted to try and I thought it would fit the theme well. I only had the old Fox ears/tail and was not going to invest in new ones that would be overpriced and gather dust after the event.

The items I already had hanging around my inventory. One thing I hate about dressing up for events is how expensive the items that fit the theme or match the freebies become. This is why I usually don't dress up for Christmas.

Halloween is much more free, you can pretty much do any costume type theme for Halloween

Familiar Trickster

I try to dress up for events.

Diligent Defender

39,725 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Who watches the watchers? 25
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
I enjoy dressing up for events because it challenges me to put together items in ways I normally wouldn't. I tend to be more generic on the themes though so I don't end up looking just like everybody else. I'm going to try to change my avatar everyday for the event, though if I find something I love, I'll stick with that for longer.

Hellraiser

58,025 Points
  • Battle: KO 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hellraiser 500
I usually do dress up for events unless I don't really have anything or I don't feel like taking part in it (angry glare at the current event due to no word on achievements or items other than daily grants and the cheep sunglasses in the wheel spin game and high dissatisfaction with the event in general), Usually when there is a battle, I dress like my team such as with The Don (Halloween 2012) I went as a dark elf or I usually take on a gothic twist if the holiday is a "lighthearted" one like Christmas or Easter. I do also dress up for mini events if I have the items like the Magic Girl mini event we had earlier this year or last year's Dragons Be Here.

I don't have any go-to items but I do have a lot of gothic, horror items so I always go there partly to stand out in a good way, partly because I don't want to buy a whole new outfit. I usually hored my items as momentous unless I get duplicates or [Animal] items which I sell because I'll never use them, so why not get some gold and help someone who missed the event? For the big yearly events, I'm happy with what they are but I would love to see the freebees be as elaborate as the Apocalypsmas (Christmass 2012) ones or a full outfit like with last year's Jack gear.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff