Welcome to Gaia! ::

Aged Hoarder

I considered making this thread! XD

I'm definitely dressed for the event. I like having a holiday or event to go off of when designing my avi. I wasn't quite ready to give up my last avi, but crazy pink nurse was barely appropriate. Which is funny, since I haven't even chosen a side for the event yet.

I only keep the even items if I like them. It's becoming less and less likely I do. But I hold onto them a bit until after the event or next year, to get proper worth out of them. Which is better than my hoarding used to be, since I had actually hoarding every event items I participated in from 04 to 13 before starting to sell them last year.

I haven't even chosen a side for the event yet. I'm in the middle, with my dragon. X3 I'll probably pick kitsune, though, considering I'm wearing the mask. It's funny, I had all these items, I didn't need to buy anything, but sometimes when I'm dressing up, like for St. Patricks this year, I had to get my hands on green I had never owned before...

Valiant Jackling

I rarely dress up for events. Usually when I do it's for Halloween. My problem is I can never seem to make holiday-themed avatars I care for. Halloween is easy because most people just think spooky or demonic, and there are hundreds of items to work with.

Easter and Christmas are more problematic. There are specific colors and items to give the theme and I rarely seem to be able to make outfits I like with those holiday-related items I have.

As for random events like this summer one... eh, I'm just not jiving with it... that and I love my current avatar too much to want to change it right now. Lol

-What do you do with items you get from events? Hoard them? Wear them? Toss them out? Why?

Most of the time I keep them. On a rare occasions I'll dump things because I seriously hate them or have zero-use for them and don't see their value going up any time soon to warrant the clutter.
User Image

-Do you dress up for events?
I sometimes dress up for events, usually I am just too lazy to dress my avatar up for an event or I forget to.

-Do you have go-to items or colors for yearly events like Halloween and Christmas?
I always have black on my avatars, so i try to incorporate colors along with the black for which ever holiday I plan on dressing up for.

-What do you do with items you get from events? Hoard them? Wear them? Toss them out? Why?
Event items just end up rotting away in my inventory. I don't bother trading/selling them off.

-Are you dressed up for our current event? Why or why not?
In a way, yes? I usually keep my avatars skimpy, so I don't have any kimonos, fans, or masks equipped.
I do have the Matsuriko no Pinku headpiece equipped, if that counts?

-Is your attire meant to symbolize which team you chose for the Spirit of Summer event?
No, it isn't. I am on team Kitsune and I have mostly bunny items equipped.

-What sorts of items would you like to see for our big yearly events? (Ex: Easter, Halloween, Christmas)
I would love to see more stockings and shoe clips in future events.

Feral Hunter

12,800 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
I always try and dress up for the event, or at least the first couple days of it.

In a relationship with t3h marth

Versatile Shapeshifter

aw you look super cute op

i dont normally dress for events but lately ive been in a huge avvie block and i personally love dressing oriental on my avvie so i whipped something out

Invisible Worshipper

I don't dress up for all the events...
This year I did dress up for the beach event (for like a day).
Dressed up for this one and actually like the avatar I came up with so it'll stick around for awhile.
But I always, ALWAYS dress up for Halloween and Christmas/Winter.

Pure-hearted Lunatic

22,650 Points
  • Lapin Patrol Kastra: Victory! 250
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Hero 100
I am always changing my avatar, so new events and holidays definitely provide inspiration, whether it be color (e.g., red and green for Christmas) or theme (e.g., spooky for Halloween). Actually, I was going to do a different style for my current avatar, but once the summer event started, I just had to dress up for it instead whee (It will definitely change before the event is over, though ...)

As for the items from an event, I hoard them all, but I won't really go out of my way to use them. Like any other item, if I like it/it fits with my outfit, I'll use it, and that's all there is to it. Right now I have the hairpin from the Spring Fling event equipped; I think this is my first time using it.

My favorite event items are probably the small accessories like that. I would especially love to see a wider variety of hand items.

King Noob

- - -
I sometimes dress up for Halloween. I use to dress for easter and christmas too, but not so much anymore.
When I do dress up for an event, I go all out. My avatar looks nothing like my signature style. Last halloween, I was a tiny alien piloting in the head of a gaian-sized android.

I'd like to think my current look is fitting the event going on now, but I don't know. My current look really just makes me wish there was a Day of the Dead themed event. That would be pretty sweet, I think.
- - -

Dapper Puppy

There are, generally, only two different times that I will dress my avatar up. The first is for christmas. I always love getting my festivities on then. Then there are town events. If there is an event promoting the four towns against eachother, I have to be showing off my Aekean pride.

Other than that, it really depends on the event.

Magical Fairy

I don't know how to *not* dress up for events.

Pure-hearted Werewolf

22,600 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Millionaire 200
I dress up for almost every event. I love Ito be apart of it and have my avatar reflect it! heart
I never dress up for events.I keep my Dante look. However, I putthis tail and ears on for shits and giggles.

Sparkly Shounen

15,150 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
ALL the time!

I come from an era when ppl would even dress their avvies in PJs at night time. Maybe it's changed now but lots of ppl used to view their avi as a character in Gaia's world and so it would be effected by what's going on. So I dress up for all the holidays and events that happen here, even things like the volunteeers rebuilding H&R Wesley. My avvies aren't just pretty dolls to dress up, they're characters. My [animal] avatar doesn't quite have the same fixed character yet but even when I change his skin I view it like he's putting on a costume for the event.

Timid Fatcat

I just had to dress up for this event c:

Slumbering Tengu

I will almost always dress for events, however how long I stay dressed up depends on the theme
Halloween I can make a new awesome themed avi every day of the event because I love Halloween
Christmas quite a bit less, so I'll either get distracted and change or not have as many outfits

This summer's theme, this here is my jam, my bread and butter
to not dress appropriately would be a crime

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas