Welcome to Gaia! ::

How do you deal with announcements?

I open and read each one! 0.043103448275862 4.3% [ 10 ]
I click through them quickly scanning the pictures for things of interest. 0.59051724137931 59.1% [ 137 ]
I cycle through them to get rid of the bubble but don't look at anything. 0.18534482758621 18.5% [ 43 ]
I don't even click the bubble. . . ever . . . 0.18103448275862 18.1% [ 42 ]
Total Votes:[ 232 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Hallowed Witch

Jessuma
I quickly scan through them, reading the headline. I come to the forums for my information. It's much more put together. ninja

This, right here spells it out perfectly. I find getting my information from the forums is much more useful than the announcements themselves.

I tend to scan them quickly for freebies or items that we haven't seen yet. Or sales that I think are worth looking into. But lately I've saved up so much GC from doing the offers it's piling up as there hasn't been much of interest.

I think mostly I still look forward to the MCs and monthly RIG announcements. Everything else is just filler.

Dominant Lover

13,075 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
I just skim to see if any image interests me. Gaia is ******** ridiculous with announcements now!!! You gotta love it when a site feels the need to spam its users to hell and back again.

Consumer

14,925 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Grunny Harvester 150
Lol i havent opened announcements in a while..
I'm glad that they cap at 10 though.. would hate it if it just kept going XD

Wheezing Member

I think I replied to this topic already.
oh well.

I skim the ones with new items or recolors, for the sole purpose of keeping my monster item list thread updated.

The only ones I actually care about are RIGs (buy ALL of the cheap items!) and gold shop updates (HAH)

Also I'm always on the look out for
"So-and-so has resigned blah blah blah
Please welcome our new team lead: So-and-so"

"oh, Torse, you are such a biiiitch"
'Shut up, gurl, I know it'

emotion_awesome

Wheezing Member

Utenko
I just skim to see if any image interests me.

I adblocked some sort of cash related gif in the header...

and now none of the announcement images show up. :d

its a bit annoying to guess at what was just released.
but it also makes it easier for me to pick out the bold words and figure out if there was an actually decent update or not.

Mega Noob

I still do! Ever since I got the bettergaia add-on it allows me to load all the announcements on one page instead of making me click through them all, which was one of the main reasons why I never looked at the announcements before.

Now I can skim through everything on one page, see if anything interests me, and then move on. Helped me get a couple of the freebies given in the past couple days. xd

High-functioning Lunatic

19,050 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Brandisher 100
I click through the announcements for a couple reasons:

- To be rid of the bubble next to my avatar's face.
- See if there is actually anything interesting in the Premium Shop. Sometimes there is and I do indulge once in a while...
- Check out if there are any Gold Shop of Loyal's Bazaar updates; this is the only way I really know. These are the announcements that I do like the most.

Its as simple as that, honestly. Now that the Gaia staff are alerting us about GCash flash sales through the icon in the header, rather than plaguing us with endless announcements, things aren't so bad. Also, too, clicking through the announcements isn't such a terrible hassle as you get to pick and choose which ones you actually care about.

Slumbering Tengu

I just check titles these days
If it's anything other than new items or EI updates I'll simply click past it
but I have been paying attention to anything with GoFusion in it though
because of the recent stunts they've been pulling with the grant links

even then half of the time I already know the day's new items by checking the GCD
the announcements are rarely actually that useful these days but
I make sure to always clear them though because leaving them is an eyesore

Timid Cat

35,900 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Winged 100
I open the announcements for the .00000000001% chance it has anything to do other than GC.
If it is then I read through it.
Otherwise I just keep clicking till the bubble's gone.

Dapper Gatekeeper

10,600 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100
I tried reading through them when I first came back. There is such a ridiculous amount of them though I don't even bother any more. I just click through to get rid of that blasted bubble.

Questionable Prophet

Nope. I certainly do not.

I do use BetterGaia however, and it has a feature that clicks through all announcements in about 5 seconds for me.
I'm begining to reconsider doing this though, and thinking about letting them stay capped at 10.
Someone made a good point in another thread, that Gaia can see how many clicks their adds are receiving.
Maybe if we all stop clicking, that will actually send a message they can understand.

Beloved Fairy

34,050 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Lapin Patrol Avior: Victory! 50
I mostly open and keep clicking through them. I end up missing non-cash announcements that way, but I figure if it's super important, someone will post about it in GCD!

High-functioning Lunatic

22,150 Points
  • Team Moira 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Conventioneer 300
I mainly click them just to get rid of them, although if it's an EI Report that I'm particularly interested in, then I will read it further. Most of the time it's just about something in the Cash Shop, so unless I'm really into what they're selling (I rarely am, but sometimes) then it's click, glance, move on.

Star

I never look at them anymore, unless I get annoyed and want to remove the "10 announcements" thing.

Timid Bunny

no, just no..., they are toxic, better stay away from those, i havent seen an announcement in months... =w=

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff