Welcome to Gaia! ::

How do you deal with announcements?

I open and read each one! 0.043103448275862 4.3% [ 10 ]
I click through them quickly scanning the pictures for things of interest. 0.59051724137931 59.1% [ 137 ]
I cycle through them to get rid of the bubble but don't look at anything. 0.18534482758621 18.5% [ 43 ]
I don't even click the bubble. . . ever . . . 0.18103448275862 18.1% [ 42 ]
Total Votes:[ 232 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

-Yasha Alchemist's Husbando

Hopeless Trash

I mostly just quickly click through them, since it's usually just gold generator promos.. I still like to read EI stories though, and look forward to those every Friday. Other than that, yeah, I pretty much just wanna get rid of the little bubble next to my avatar.

Saxy Coder

I treat 'em like the morning announcements at school emotion_zombie
  1. Click it
  2. See what the announcement is about
    - If it is a gold gen, see what jackpot is then navigate elsewhere
    - If it is an item rig, check the GCD for item list (if not done earlier)
    - If it is a new item or bundle (LQI/Recolor/Etc.) look at the creepy avatars the advertising department decided to use and laugh
  3. Maybe add a few item(s) to wishlist if there are orange or gold items

Desirable Dark Elf

I open all the announcements to check for freebies or events. I look at the pretty pictures and move on. I rarely read the text.

mrgreen

Tiny Pumpkin

I quickly scan through them, reading the headline. I come to the forums for my information. It's much more put together. ninja

Charmed Rabbit

19,450 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
I always open the announcements. I just skip over the gold generator and CI messages but I like looking at the new items (even if I'm not interested in most of them). It's a relief that, since yesterday, they seem to have cut back on the frequency of their announcements. Getting 20 a day is really too much. crying

13,550 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Hero 100
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
Half of them are repeats anyway.

Beloved Seeker

7,550 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Profitable 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
I feel like I have ocd with those bubbles. Each time a new one pops up it annoys me
and I MUST click it, if only out of habit. I really wish they'd stop the spamming though.
It does get on my nerves.

Romantic Werewolf

15,950 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Threadmaster 200
I skip right through the gold RIG ones, and pause only briefly for new items and bundles. I just come to the GCD, since the announcements aren't clickable to the MP, and the CS is obnoxious to use due to no search function and the dressing room background.

IRL Fairy

12,350 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Invisibility 100
  • Magical Girl 50
Well under normal circumstances, I would usually glance at the one making the announcement. if it was Cash Shop I'd skip it. if it was Admin, I'd take a look and see what was happening. if it was Cash I'd stop reading. If it's Loyal or event related. I stop and read.

But, my account has been buggy lately. So it'll skip announcements, along with many other things. So I skip whatever it skips and just go to the GCD for guidance as to what I missed. lol

However, I did turn off announcement notifications on my mule account, since it's a mule and I don't need to see the same announcement twice. But I still see them there. s i g h

O.G. Gaian

26,090 Points
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Survivor 150
not anymore, if something interesting pops up then it'll show up in the GCD :3

Stone-cold Cat

20,840 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Citizen 200
yeah i read the title and if it is something interesting i read it.
but not usually.
I just click and get rid of them

Mysterious Trickster

Just a quick glance to see if there's something I want. 9 times out of 10, I don't want anything. Which is great, considering I'm saving up for Otakon.

Elemental Harmonizer

47,075 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Harmony of Elements 500
  • Storybook Royalty 500
I haven't bothered to look at the announcements for like three months since the last time I checked them, nor will I look at them today. I know from my experience that most of them are just unwanted cash shop announcements.

Peaceful Nymph

19,150 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Magical Girl 50

I don't want to sound like I'm shamelessly advertising but I use Better Gaia, I like to open announcements but not click on every single time for the next one to come so I just use the app to load em all in one go (same page). Is even better now that the cash sale promos aren't spammed that much, so the announcements popping up are either new items, features or idk NOT about a cash sale.

Tiny Friend

Bless BetterGaia. I honestly don't know what I'd do with out it.
Probably stop going on Gaia.

After I open them all I give a scroll if I feel like it.
Sometimes I'm glad I do because I would have missed out
the free two links Gaia gave us recently.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff