Welcome to Gaia! ::

How do you deal with announcements?

I open and read each one! 0.043103448275862 4.3% [ 10 ]
I click through them quickly scanning the pictures for things of interest. 0.59051724137931 59.1% [ 137 ]
I cycle through them to get rid of the bubble but don't look at anything. 0.18534482758621 18.5% [ 43 ]
I don't even click the bubble. . . ever . . . 0.18103448275862 18.1% [ 42 ]
Total Votes:[ 232 ]
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Given Gaia's current status quo of more spam is better, I was curious to know how many people still cycle through the announcements and how much they really focus on each one. This is the GCD, the place where people obsessed with Gaia hang out. By default we are a bunch that tends to want to know about what is going on. So GCD, how do you treat announcements?

Zephyr Ceferino's Princess

Fluffy Kitten

I give everything a quick glance, to see if there is anything interesting. I tend to miss stuff like the charm pack freebies. I didn't notice either until someone posted about them in the forums.

Tiny Alchemist

I open, look for events and stuff, and scan for freebie links. I guess it would probably be more efficient to look at the announcement thing on the main page to look for events, but I really do hate that bubble being there.

dancing_ice's Fangirl

Honestly, I get the news quicker here in the GCD in regards to new items and such. But I click through the announcements because it bothers me somewhat to see that bubble on the header. xD

Witty Bibliophile

11,975 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
Yes. If only to be rid of the bubble by my avi's head. I stopped reading them a long time ago.☼
I have never read the announcements on this site, the entire 6 years i've been here.
Never even read the EI stories or anything, but i can't stand the bubble being there, so i always click through them and glance for things that catch my eye, which is pretty often.

Tipsy Genius

Yes. If the title/picture is relevant to my interests (new item, EI report, event, sale, etc.) I read them, otherwise I just open it.

IRL Glitch

24,725 Points
  • Olympian 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100

I open all of them but I mostly skim or don't read it at all. Most information is available in the GCD...I don't think I've ever read an entire announcement.

Firebreathing Dragon

23,425 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Comrades in Arms 150
  • Dragon Master 50
I do mostly to get it off and I do find some of antics that Jet/Cygnus say amusing.

Undead Deadeye

I just click through them to get rid of the bubble.

I go to the GCD if I want to see what's new.

Twilight Aria's Husbando

Man-Hungry Connoisseur

20,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
I use BetterGaia to open all the announcements I have on one page, then I skim them quickly for anything that catches my eye. I don't really read them since I just lurk the GCD for news. ninja

Demonic Abomination

40,775 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Battle: Level 10 250

I usually click through to clear them and glance at the image since the majority of it is frills and gold gens which are of no interest to me.

Sparkling Star

13,000 Points
  • Hero 100
  • Summer Celebrant 150
  • Streaker 200
        User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.tiro finale!
        yes! hahaha
        im mostly in it for the things jet and cygnus do in the cash shop.

Hardcore Unicorn

7,825 Points
  • Team Moira 200
  • Party Animal 100
  • Supreme Supporter 500
I usually click through my announcements each time I log on, and as they appear when I'm logged in. I don't like having a notification bubble in my header if I can help it--- call me a purist, but that's how I roll wink
I don't read every word of each announcement, I generally look only long enough to get the general idea of what each one may be about.
I only check the cash shop if I have money to spend.

Madam Ace's Compadre

Shady Man-Lover

yes, i read all of them except for GGs because they usually are just one sentence where it says "amazing discount/offer"
these stuff are written by artists, no good letting their efforts go to waste

it's more interesting than GCD sometimes too lol

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas