Welcome to Gaia! ::

Alcopops's Pardner

Bloodthirsty Bunny

33,440 Points
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0
  • Miasmal Lake Champion 500
  • Miasmal Researcher 200

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

We all know that trillions is what ACTUAL wealth on this site is, but one thing we always come across is the definition of wealth in the first place. So, what makes you feel wealthy? Is it the time you've been on this site, your gold, the items you have, or your experiences? Considering what makes you feel wealthy, do you consider yourself wealthy on Gaia, be it literal or figurative?

Also, let's discuss classes. Do you think there is still a class system in place, even with all the easily available premium items and variations of those items? We still throw around the terms "high class", "middle class" and "low class", but they, particularly middle class, can be really hard to define.

For funsies, estimate how much your inventory is worth... since tektek isn't really working in that department ;o;

To answer my own questions, I think being wealthy on this site is being able to reach your original goals, so basically having a lot of the items you want and maybe even a little bit left over. When you stop feeling desperate about having an awesome avatar and when you become comfortable, for me, is when you're wealthy. By that definition, I do feel wealthy, because I haven't made too many changes to my inventory and I really like what I can do with the items I have. I love the community on here and I have some friends, but that's a different feeling.

I feel that classes are very hard to define, at least middle class. Some people say if you have an inventory worth over 5b, you're middle class, but some people feel like an inventory worth over 100b is middle class. I feel like we might have a GIGANTIC middle class, with a small amount of low-class and maybe a bit larger high-class. I have no real clue, but I'd love your opinions on what counts as "being well-off but not loaded".

No clue how much my inventory is worth, but I should totally go count up the items when I'm bored later.

Slick Southpaw's Compadre

Problematic Gunsmith

31,800 Points
  • not released 500
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Chief Technical Officer 500
This is a tricky one, because I don't consider myself to be super wealthy, but I've also managed to get almost every item I've wanted on site. I guess I'd put myself at upper middle class or something. I can generally scrounge up the gold to get most items I want, with a few obvious exceptions (project tickets, basically).

For me it seems like upper class wealth is being able to get an item right when it's released regardless of cost, or being able to outright buy a major project ticket without having to save for it. Maybe that's a skewed estimation, as I've been lucky enough to end up in the possession of a few major items, but that's the viewpoint I've got out of it anyway.

My inventory is not worth very much, unless some of the random items I've gotten out of rigs are suddenly worth something lol Anything I equip I won't part with, so I don't consider those to be part of my worth, and the majority of the rest of my inventory is items I don't think most people want, haha.

Ice-Cold Abomination

14,325 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
We're fine with being worth nothing these days.

Inflation is a constant and we're too lazy to keep up.

Hassli's Spouse

Demonic Sex Symbol

30,990 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
I would say that I am not wealthy, but that I have wonderful friends who are willing to help me when I need something.

I usually end up getting things that I seriously go after (that spot in the manga, items I have quested, etc.) not because I know how to work the system, buy low and sell high, but really because I have an amazing support network on here that helps me get to whatever goal I currently have.

I never sell items really, so I always feel quite poor. But I have a lot of items.

Bright Rogue

13,300 Points
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Battle: Knight 100
AterAliquis
We're fine with being worth nothing these days.

Inflation is a constant and we're too lazy to keep up.

Word.

I guess I *could* have just about anything I wanted, if I were willing to trade or sell off the bits of my inventory that I didn't really need, but honestly? I don't think I care that much anymore...

I'm pretty much at the place where it doesn't matter one bit to me what the Market or the Exchangers think I'm worth. I'm only interested in items for my own amusement, and as long a I have the resources to fuel that? It's all good. I'm as well-off here as I need to be.

Watervoir's Husbando

Carnivore

I feel wealthy in the sense that I'm richer than I could've ever really imagined myself to be several years ago. I don't feel rich or super rich, but I'm comfortable! I have enough wiggle room to buy things I want for myself and others without worrying too much about an item's price.

I'm incredibly lucky because a lot of my wealth comes from my friends. My best friend gets me things that I'm questing for because he's an incredibly kind and generous person at heart. A lot of the things that I now own on Gaia would've stayed as pipe dreams forever without his help. 3nodding

Slumbering Tengu

Haha there's no way in hell that I'm wealthy
but I'm happy, I can enjoy a rather slim wishlist
which is more than other people can boast
but that's probably because I'm crazy picky with items
I've been known to snub an item simply for not including white in the arm mod rofl

I've always considered myself middle class (lower middle class to be specific)
but that's mostly because in my mind you're either extremely rich (upper class)
or extremely poor (lower class) and everything in the middle is just middle class

I think last time I looked my inventory was worth like 2 Trill
so not enough to even get a halo but I enjoy my items more than a halo
so ******** you halo, I don't need you *shakes fist*

Romantic Garbage

Unholy Spark

42,875 Points
  • Haunting Echo 75
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Wintersday Bard 50
Nope. The most I've ever had at once was 615 billion, and I felt wealthy then, however that was only because it was at the time when gold was being devalued again so more was available to me for a short time. So very quickly I felt poor again after 615 billion became the average price of a new RIG rare item. I've got about 150 billion left and I feel like I've got pretty much nothing to work with gold-wise.

Item-wise I'm pretty set, though I won't have any of the popular new items until months later when they're not as popular.

King Noob

- - -
Well. Aside from those old forgotten items that have had zero listings for decades, there's nothing I want that I can't get.

Aside from a baby golden ticket...

I don't usually want much to begin with. So that helps.
Soon i'll have recolored this ******** and my life will be complete.
So yeah, I feel pretty rich. I celebrate this by spreading the joy.
- - -

Divine Muse

I feel very wealthy.

I have 19 pages of inventory and I still can't figure out what to wear half the time. I might only have 1b but I don't need to "Keep up with the Joneses" and have every item that JUST came out.

I'm very content with what I have already.

Invisible Exhibitionist

Gaia's economy is reminiscent of Germany after WWII. Bread cost exorbitant amounts. So money really isn't worth anything here.

My invo is super old, and I just lucked out by stocking up on chance items before abandoning this account four years ago. I tektekd it a few weeks ago it was almost 3tril.

Eloquent Lunatic

7,500 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
No. I feel dirt poor. Before the inflation, I would see an item and they were usually reasonable enough to buy I would. I used to do art to fund myself. Now I'm back, and when I see an item I want I have a mini heart attack each time I look the the prices.... I'm still not used to inflation prices.

I'm thinking about doing art again but I'm still trying to find out what it would be worth now.

Alcopops's Pardner

Bloodthirsty Bunny

33,440 Points
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0
  • Miasmal Lake Champion 500
  • Miasmal Researcher 200
gum disease
I feel wealthy in the sense that I'm richer than I could've ever really imagined myself to be several years ago. I don't feel rich or super rich, but I'm comfortable! I have enough wiggle room to buy things I want for myself and others without worrying too much about an item's price.

I'm incredibly lucky because a lot of my wealth comes from my friends. My best friend gets me things that I'm questing for because he's an incredibly kind and generous person at heart. A lot of the things that I now own on Gaia would've stayed as pipe dreams forever without his help. 3nodding

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

That's one nice result of the horrible inflation, at least. Even though a lot of items are way up in the sky and impossible to obtain, with all the items there are, there is bound to be SOMETHING for you in your price range. Because of that, I feel much more wealthy than I did in the past. That's probably because I actually am. xD Accidental vending go!

That's awesome of your friend! I've had one that's helped me a lot with my Godina and Little Lucie quest. She was able to get me two items I was working towards getting and I was just super thankful. I wouldn't have really completed my quest if it weren't for her. *ignores the last item i still need*

Shieux
No. I feel dirt poor. Before the inflation, I would see an item and they were usually reasonable enough to buy I would. I used to do art to fund myself. Now I'm back, and when I see an item I want I have a mini heart attack each time I look the the prices.... I'm still not used to inflation prices.

I'm thinking about doing art again but I'm still trying to find out what it would be worth now.

I think once you get used to all the insane prices, it's not so bad anymore and you'll be able to catch up somehow. Art's a great example, and if you get back into it, I wish you luck! I have no clue what average prices are anymore. When I last did art, 3mil was the average. That's... obviously not the case anymore. xD You could probably ask about it and someone will help.

LadyShi's Husband

Handsome Noob

i'm rich in friends.. yes

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out