Welcome to Gaia! ::

Liberal Fatcat

I dont think so. Maybe middle-class or upper middle class. Then again, with all this gold all over the place, I dont know what qualifies as rich and super rich anymore. I have very few items that are over a hundred billion in worth and I always find myself buying items under 5 billion gold.

SwampyBunny's Husband

Skilled Entrepreneur

9,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Profitable 100
TL;DR 700T+ in items and I feel poor. Why? Items are useless now days seeing anyone can buy anything overnight due to the gold generators in the cash shop.

Nothing is worth anything anymore. The economy can only be fixed if the gold generators are removed from the market. The rest of the promotional's are fine, but anything that grants billions of gold is simply unacceptable.

I've felt like I've lost more money than gaining over the years even though the prices have gone up gold is worthless. Anyone can invest $50 into Gaia Cash and get around 500b-1T and simply buy whatever the hell they want.

I personally am outraged by this but there's nothing we can do as long as people keep falling for it.

There was one single day that I used for experimentation regarding this "gold generation" in the cash shop and this was so easy that it wasn't even funny. You just dump a small amount of real life cash into Gaia and gain billions of gold.

I don't think I'll be buying anymore Gaia Cash until the gold generation is removed.

Eros's Kouhai

Toxic Collector

Friendly Fox

30,225 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Full closet 200
Ahaha! Nah, I don't call myself rich. I may consider myself lower-middle class, but aside from Gaia, I live a comfortable life with a few consoles, a laptop, plenty of Steam games, and some awesome friends I can talk to when I like. I guess you could call that feeling rich (considering today's economy), even if I can't really go anywhere.

Gaia was my online home for a whole, but it's getting quiet as people leave and begin taking on lives of their own (which I can understand). I'm almost to the point where I'm over Gaiaonline, to be honest. I have friends that make me happy just hearing them and gmod servers I have a lot more mobility in. Gmod and Skype do a much better job at blurring the line that separates people. That's not to say I like my friends here less. They're still very precious to me.

Hallowed Prophet

I don't feel wealthy at all. I don't have a huge invo and my gold isn't as plentiful as it used to be.

I'm happy that I'm pickier with items now than I was previously, since it means that I can afford most of them. There are always a few though, that will be out of my range unless I really devote myself to questing.

But I guess since I'm happy with what I have I don't have cause to complain. emotion_c8

Enduring Hero

I don't feel wealthy on this site at all. At most, lower-middle tier.
Gold-wise, a fair amount; I can maybe buy a MC off the MP within a week or two of its release. Item wise-- not very many but they tend to be the 'decent priced' items.

Overall, i'm getting rather detached from this site.

Loyal Paladin

Not really no. And I can't get my most desired items on my wishlist.
I'll likely be most content when I get buy all of what's on there.
But since it'll be a bit impossible feat, I just socialize with friends instead of pursuing them.
i have 4 billion and i'm okay with that

Pierced Unicorn

31,665 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
You know, honestly, I'm not rich as far as items/gold go. (I went through my inventory and manually added up how much all the items under the Equip tab were worth [that are worth a minimum of 1B], and came up with 4.6T. I didn't have the patience to add ALL the items up for I'd have clawed my eyes out. *cries*).

Of course that's a lot more than I'd have ever imagined; I remember when I thought an account being worth 100M+ was some insane goal, and I was incredibly proud when I successfully quested for an item worth 1m. Heh

But I digress... Gold just isn't worth much anymore. I can buy a lot of items I want, but I don't think I ever really gain wealth, if that makes sense. I'm okay with that though. I just like making avatars.

Surl E Dean's Fangirl

Invisible Lunatic

23,025 Points
  • NPCon Fanatic 500
  • NPCon Attendee 100
I only have about a billion gold so no. Plus I don't buy GC so that's a double no. xd

R1NDO's Buddy

40,250 Points
  • Rightful King 500
  • Superior Hero 500
My inventory is worth between 15 and 20 trillion and I feel like I am middle class at best.
I am very happy with my items though. There are really none that I want and can't afford. I think if you can buy pretty much any item you like without having to liquidate your whole inventory or sell anything you really love, you're wealthy.

Omnipresent Traveler

38,250 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
In terms of gold and items, I'd say I'm about as poor as the day I started out on Gaia since even with all the stuff I've accumulated over the years there's just too much of it that holds sentimental value that I'm unwilling to part with. Similarly, any gold I do manage to accumulate typically gets spent almost immediately on the things I've been holding out for so my gold balance is often pretty low in general. Even with billions of gold in my account, after adjusting for inflation, it really isn't worth any more now than it would have been back in 2005.

However, when it comes to my actual experiences here on Gaia, I'd say I'm sitting on a treasure trove of role-playing history alone. At the same time, however, my wealth of friends has largely dwindled in recent years and my activity as similarly stagnated as my old circle has drifted away from the site. That being said, I still do what I do and I quite enjoy doing it so at least there's still that.

I'm satisfied with what I have, being a lurker by nature and not having much of an interest in most of the more "popular" items on the site. I can typically afford the items I truly want (which are few and far between to begin with) and I try to make good use of what I have. For the most part, though, I just try to have fun. Whether that be by dressing up my avatar to represent my RP character or simply to mess around by combining items in unexpected ways, abusing narrative causality to thoroughly harass fictional characters, or posting random philosophical nonsense, I mostly just try to have a good time. And at that I definitely feel like I've largely succeeded.

Twinky Dave's Senpai

Unleashed Dragon

A few years ago I would have said I felt extremely wealthy, but after watching my most precious treasures get re-released into oblivion and the cost of everything else skyrocket...I feel poor. I watch the pages of my inventory dwindle. Nearly all of my collections are now incomplete due to recolor rigs with the most ridiculous drop rates.

Oh well. It's depressing but I find myself logging in less and less. sweatdrop

Divine Snack

I find it quite disturbing that people divide themselves up in social classes.

This is just a forum site.

Nor can you say that you are wealthy, since you do not even actually own the gold and virtuals items held in your inventory. Gaia can take/remove the virtual items and gold from your account at any time they want, even without warning and permission of your part.

Aged Prophet

8,900 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
You think you're rich and then you try and buy art 😰😰

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers