Welcome to Gaia! ::

Avengers or Stars Wars?

Avengers 0.33160621761658 33.2% [ 64 ]
Star Wars 0.24870466321244 24.9% [ 48 ]
Both 0.3160621761658 31.6% [ 61 ]
Neither 0.10362694300518 10.4% [ 20 ]
Total Votes:[ 193 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

I was almost about to say you can't compare one great movie to 6 great movies (3 of which being amazing). But then I realised Marvel Cinema actually has 6 now and is going to release at least 3 or 4 more in the next 3 years. Well, Star Wars was groundbreaking in its time. Some even thought the special effects and just nature of the story was too far fetched. But this is good! Change, innovation, refreshing! Although I was born after the original trilogy was released. The special effects in all the Marvel movies are quite what you see everyday in all movies that are released. But I won't base my judgement off this. It's probably very difficult to achieve any greater than what special effects now, which is already great as it is!

Story wise Marvel didn't really do it for me in Captain America, The Incredible Hulk, and Thor. So I base most of my liking off of Iron Man, and he is the most prominent one in The Avengers Movie. Heck, Tony Stark takes away the show completely.

I guess in Star Wars the prequel trilogy were obviously not as good as the original, but they were far more engaging and thrilling than the three Marvel movies I listed above.

Because I grew up with Star Wars being watched in my house as a kid, and then watching the prequels coming out in the cinema really gives me a child bonding to the Star Wars franchise. Not only that, but the story of Star Wars itself is innovative, not done before sorta thing. Whereas I'm guessing Marvel comics were also refreshing and new-in-storytelling but I was never into them as a child. And so I'm going to have to choose Star Wars. (On a side note, I became interested in astronomy from Star Wars and am actually aiming to do a major in astronomy when I go to uni!)

Romantic Lunatic

Idia
Mist3r Thr33
Idia
If you love them for the same reasons, how is that apples and oranges?

You can love the taste or story of two things the same amount without them being the same. Just like apples and oranges. Peel one, carve up the other. XP Ect.

Yeah, but you haven't really talked about the whole idea of apples and oranges. You can also compare things you like for the same reasons if you love them the same amount.

X) You mean going into why each one is epic?

CherryRo's Waifu

Cuddly Lunatic

Avengers for the wiiiin. Waiting to see it though. =3
Mist3r Thr33
Idia
Mist3r Thr33
Idia
If you love them for the same reasons, how is that apples and oranges?

You can love the taste or story of two things the same amount without them being the same. Just like apples and oranges. Peel one, carve up the other. XP Ect.

Yeah, but you haven't really talked about the whole idea of apples and oranges. You can also compare things you like for the same reasons if you love them the same amount.

That is a similarity, making them NOT apples and oranges.

Aged Humorist

9,250 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Invisibility 100
  • Person of Interest 200
Avengers all the way!!!!!

Romantic Lunatic

Idia
Mist3r Thr33

That is a similarity, making them NOT apples and oranges.

Funny, but wrong. X)

Unbeatable Protagonist

29,625 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Waffles! 25
  • Diedrich Supporter 50
Personally, I find both... alright. I will say though I'm more familiar with the Avengers moreso than Star Wars.

Moonlight Sweetheart

52,925 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Coloring Champion 0
  • Snowball Sharpshooter 50
DeBeauvoir
Very true words. It's pretty much just splitting hairs...

I am a big fan of both, discounting the um... first 3 "episodes" of Star Wars (not really a purist, Anakin just irritates me).

I think I'd like to be an Rebel for Star Wars though, just coz of Harrison Ford >3

Also, their kick-a** music, thanks to John Williams.
Rebellified. wink

Friendly Survivor

Ahaha, I told someone about this 'war' going on here, and they were like 'they're making you pick between the two?! Really?'.

It is silly, and no it doesn't make a lot of sense. I think that's the point though, I don't think it's meant to be taken seriously. XD It's all just for fun and laughs really.

Shameless Humorist

yes. the nerds need to band together.

Shameless Humorist

iBarty
Avengers all the way!!!!!

says the former imperial. xd

Magical Warrior

Hey, didn't Yoda like hide on that one swamp planet for like twenty years while all the rest of the Jedi were being killed, and he didn't lift one finger to help them?

Weaksauce, man.

Invisible Trafficker

8,450 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
I really want the chest core... XD SOMEONE GIVE IT TO ME~

Sparkly Nerd

8,300 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Survivor 150
  • Nerd 50
Zero_Maverick Hunter
I really want the chest core... XD SOMEONE GIVE IT TO ME~

If you didn't already get them, for the Avengers' post Loki, and for the Star Wars' post Darth Vader or Yoda. Then check your inventory. C:

Invisible Trafficker

8,450 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
Lol Loki is the bomb 3nodding

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers