Avengers or Stars Wars?

Avengers 0.33160621761658 33.2% [ 64 ]
Star Wars 0.24870466321244 24.9% [ 48 ]
Both 0.3160621761658 31.6% [ 61 ]
Neither 0.10362694300518 10.4% [ 20 ]
Total Votes:[ 193 ]
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Romantic Lunatic

Ok, so I get back from just watching the Avengers at a 12.01AM showing, I check my internet stuff and log on to gaia to see this bloody video post. Since there's not a lot to do at three in the morning I watch it. To my surprise it's two dorks (no offense) going on about whether Star Wars is better than the Avengers just because it's being released on a day obscurely connected with a catch phrase. Of course the Star Wars fan did most of the talking .. this apparently wasn't the debate the comic nerd was looking for.

I was practically raised on Star Wars so yeah I'm a big fan of the story, the characters and all that, but I love super heroes for the same reasons practically.To me it's just silly, both rock equally and it's be like comparing Lord of the Rings to Tron .. just shouldn't be done.

Apples and bloody orange people .. and I'm gonna snooze, probly check back on this later.

PS: I don't use words like dork or nerd in an insulting way, just a relevant one. I'm a nerd too after all .. just one that thinks this kind of debate is moot.

Sexy Assailant

Same here. It's silly to have a nerdy 'turf war' over the two.

Mist3r Thr33
Ok, so I get back from just watching the Avengers at a 12.01AM showing, I check my internet stuff and log on to gaia to see this bloody video post. Since there's not a lot to do at three in the morning I watch it. To my surprise it's two dorks (no offense) going on about whether Star Wars is better than the Avengers just because it's being released on a day obscurely connected with a catch phrase. Of course the Star Wars fan did most of the talking .. this apparently wasn't the debate the comic nerd was looking for.

I was practically raised on Star Wars so yeah I'm a big fan of the story, the characters and all that, but I love super heroes for the same reasons practically.To me it's just silly, both rock equally and it's be like comparing Lord of the Rings to Tron .. just shouldn't be done.

Apples and bloody orange people .. and I'm gonna snooze, probly check back on this later.

PS: I don't use words like dork or nerd in an insulting way, just a relevant one. I'm a nerd too after all .. just one that thinks this kind of debate is moot.

Apocalyptic Warrior

27,375 Points
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Partygoer 500
  • Battle Hardened 150
Either way, they both rock. Well Star wars did until Lucas decided to 'fix' bits here and there when it really wasn't needed.

Say, would you mind making me a trickster?

Divine Anubutt

27,850 Points
  • Skilled Snowfriend Architect 100
  • Daring Investigator 50
  • WilyTrickster 50
i was raised on super heroes <3 but i do like both >.> now all we need is a justice league movie and all will be right with the world <3

8,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Generous 100
  • Popular Thread 100
Avengers ^^

Apocalyptic Sweetheart

31,525 Points
  • 20 Wins 100
  • Cheercrusher 50
  • 50 Wins 150
i kinda like dem both starwars is epic but i like marvel heros as well i havent seen the avengers movie jet but the tailers look good .

Intellectual Risk-Taker

14,675 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Tricksters can you quote me :p I love loki and Thor

Intellectual Risk-Taker

14,675 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Nowe Valentine
i kinda like dem both starwars is epic but i like marvel heros as well i havent seen the avengers movie jet but the tailers look good .

User Image

Cluttered Cleric

20,375 Points
  • Healer 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Nudist Colony 200
Mist3r Thr33

I can say the same, though I think that they are doing this just to make these items and promote these movies.

Peaceful Lunatic

Very apt metaphor there. Apples and oranges are both fruit, and Star Wars and Avengers are both sci-fi (and stretch the genre some). Otherwise, they're very different.

Still, an amusing little diversion. I know Star Wars better than Avengers, though.

Shameless Loiterer

8,450 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
Very true words. It's pretty much just splitting hairs...

I am a big fan of both, discounting the um... first 3 "episodes" of Star Wars (not really a purist, Anakin just irritates me).

I think I'd like to be an Rebel for Star Wars though, just coz of Harrison Ford >3

Also, their kick-a** music, thanks to John Williams.

Explorer

User Image
Why is this a GCD topic? O_oUser Image

Explorer

DeBeauvoir

I am a big fan of both, discounting the um... first 3 "episodes" of Star Wars (not really a purist, Anakin just irritates me).

I think I'd like to be an Rebel for Star Wars though, just coz of Harrison Ford >3

There you go~

Shameless Loiterer

8,450 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
Ven Loraine
DeBeauvoir

There you go~

Why thank you, sir. ^^

Professional Novice

User Image
I think it's just an excuse to play this forum game again. I don't think the opponents or the outcome really means anything. ^^

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff