Welcome to Gaia! ::

Widow

Sparkly Zealot

19,000 Points
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
I joined in '08. I'm 40. xd And I know for a fact there are plenty of folks around here older than me.

Victim

yeah i think across the site what you'll see is 20 somethings who joined when they were teens and never left
gaia hasn't done a great job recruiting new members but this crowd sticks around for some reason

i think i was 13 when i joined in 07 and i'm 20 now

Questionable Shapeshifter

This account was an abandoned account my sister gave me, I'm rather new here actually.

Let's just say I'm old enough to give you drugs...and enemas...and blood tests...and catheters rofl

Alien Elder

27,440 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Candy Fiend 150
  • Candy Massacre 50
Usagi_Shiro
This account was an abandoned account my sister gave me, I'm rather new here actually.

Let's just say I'm old enough to give you drugs...and enemas...and blood tests...and catheters rofl

I don't think everyone appreciates medical humor sis

Gregapeg's Wife

Spicy Sweetheart

I'm an adult in fact, not theory. emotion_awesome

But yeah, a lot of the content is geared towards a younger crowd; Gaia doesn't ostracize its older user base, though. In fact, it embraces us. I still have plenty of fun interacting with the site and with other users (regardless of their age). But there are plenty of users my age or older to satisfy my adult cravings, too. There's something for everyone if you know where to look and what you want.

Sparkly Cupcake

I joined in '03 when I was 30 3nodding (on another account) I am 41 now smile still going strong and I've watched Gaia evolve into what it is now. I still love this site though many don't understand what us older Gaian's do here or like about this site I think it's a different thing for each of us. I think I never out grew playing with dolls lol and dressing up wink

Determined Trash

51,950 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Confectioner’s Sweetest Confession 100
I'm 26 myself. whee To be honest I don't know of many really young users, specially cuz as far as I know we don't have a huge influx of newbies and they usually tend to be younger I think. A lot of us Gaia vets were young when we joined but now... not as much.

My son, whose 6, called me an adult the other day and I started to laugh... I dunno why but I feel separated from the 'adults' that are my parents or people similar to them. I'm like... adult lite? I don't know.

Friendly Dreamer

I'm 32 and have been here since 2003.

Mythrill Knight

80,800 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Stargazing Knight 500
  • Shopkeep's Apprentice 500
I joined when I was like 12, but now I'm 21 xD

Wild Bookworm

Usagi_Shiro

Hellooooh nurse! lol Umm...your avatar doesn't inspire me with confidence sweatdrop

Conservative Vampire

10,150 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Yep. I joined when I was 13 and now I'm 23. It's way worse than it used to be.
Back then, people weren't posting raunchy things and the mods did their jobs. But time brings a change I guess.

10,275 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Elocutionist 200
I joined when 14 - 24 now.

I'm hardly ever active anymore. I log on on average every couple weeks to a month, and sometimes post.

It's more just.. there's no draw. I'm an adult now and my interests have changed substantially from when I was active here. Gaia's just not a priority. Nor do I really find it that fun. I loved the events and the story and being up to date on the community. Now it just moves too fast but at the same time is insubstantial. I miss a few days and I have no idea what the heck is going on, but it's not actually anything interesting anyways? If that makes sense to you, then you're probably in the same situation as me. Also the whole inflation / g Cash priority thing is just un-fun when you don't pay.

Anyways, I still like Gaia and all, I just feel like it's not really my jam anymore.

Aged Fox

I joined here back in 06, I was 20 years old back then. Look at me now. 29 years old and still on here. Geez I've never even taken a hiatus. I've logged in for pretty much everyday for 8 years.

Devoted Member

I joined when i was 18 years old in 2005... and now I am 27.

Lot!on's Husband

Tiny Donator

14,475 Points
  • Married 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Sausage Fest 200

Personally I think anyone over 35 still using this every day is... a little much.
Unless you have a certain type of job here, as in artwork or even being part of the staff. [like a temp forum mod]

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff