Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dangerous Ladykiller

13,050 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Nerd 50
One user (I don't know who or where I saw it) , made a small comment about a gift that he/she received and how hurtful it was. That user was gifted coal.
I know a gift is a gift, but the person who gave that user coal as a gift was a jerk. If you wanted to give bugs, trash, or ink, cool. But they intentionally bought that user coal to be mean. Sometimes, gifting can be rude.

Anyway, moving on! >___<
I tend to always say thank you when I get a gift. I don't get gifts often, so when I do get them, it's always a really nice surprise!

I usually only gift around the holidays , but if I see someone questing something small, I'll just get it for them. No biggie.

Loyal Exhibitionist

I've gotten some gifts in the past, but most of them were junk, freebies or Buck Teeth needed for the Tooth Fairy achievement or something. I'm like "Okay, why did you even bother?". But, hey, at least free is free. I can always dump them into Dumpster Dive when I get around to it.

I did get a Secret Retreat and Pink Breeze, though, so it wasn't all bad. And, yes, they were on my wish list. It's very nice to see your wish list get shorter due to the generosity of other people!

EDIT: Wow, just got a Love's Warrior from a generous Gaian. Thanks!! emotion_bigheart

Sahri's Partner

Dapper Mage

I don't mind anon gifts, though sometimes I wish I could thank the person directly. I don't think I've ever given an anon gift; when I gift someone, I'm usually either giving them something off of their wishlist or else something I know they would like, and I know it's selfish of me, but I'd like them to know it was from me (not because I want or expect a gift back, but because I want them to know that I was thinking of them). sweatdrop

I think the only time I find gifting in general awkward is when someone gifts you something that isn't anything on your wishlist but isn't total junk either (it has enough value to be sold on the MP and either has no "sell back" value or else the sell back value is a lot lower than it's going for on the MP). Do I sell it on the MP and risk them seeing it and being offended that I'm selling their gift? Is there a proper period of time to wait until selling it? I don't really know what the online etiquette is for this. (This is worse when it's a gift from someone who is not an anon.) I suppose I could just take the time to hunt for someone who has the item in question on their wishlist and gift it to them. xD

Liberal Fatcat

- Do you get mad over people complaining for getting 'junk'?

Well Im so sorry its not an angelic halo! mad I would just get annoyed at them. Shut up and enjoy it. Someone took the time out of their day to look at you.

- Do you say always thanks for a gift, regardless of it's content?
Always. Doesnt matter what it is. I try to say thank you during my next few posts, just in case they check out my history.

- Do you anon only during events?
Pretty much. I havent had the funds set aside for Xmas, but Im making up for it for Valentine's Day.

- Do you post in anon threads?
Yep. If it looks lively, i'll post around.

- Do you like Anons?
Yes I do! My favorite anons are during Valentine's Day. Randy anons are randy. emotion_dowant
I admit, Im an active anon during that event, and (hint hint!) Im very romantic but very shy. redface

- Did you ever gift something without giving it much of a thought?
Cant say I havent.

Liberal Fatcat

And to the anon who just sent me Pogo Ponies, thank you! heart

Magnetic Lunatic

The only gift I get peeved about is like, aquarium item trash with no resale value and a 1g marketplace value. That's not a gift. That's saying "Here, throw this out for me". It happened a lot during last year's Christmas event because it had a gifting requirement...I mean, clearly those people didn't think you wanted it. I'm glad they didn't have that req this year, it really drowned out the thoughtful anons. Other than the aforementioned items, I don't care about price. I like the people who have stories or personalized messages!

I do try to say thanks in posts...never sure people see them. I post in the anon threads, but I usually have a hard time keeping up with a convo while gifting.

I give gifts at other times...not so often though, I kinda forget. I always think about my gifts but I still get it wrong sometimes. It happens.

Little Dead Soldier

I got coal once too...I think it was just that anon's theme. Other people posted that they'd gotten it around the same time. I dunno, unless the message said "I hate you", it could have been the theme guy.

Evolved Hunter

I think part of what matters is the intent. I was complaining about the excess of anon threads during the Pie Hard event and someone anon gifted me a Bear Pie chided me saying I'd get something better if I wasn't so grumpy. rolleyes

Too bad I didn't ask for anything. I don't do that subtle begging s**t - that was the whole point of me complaining.

Sparkly Friend

18,200 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
٠•●♥ ƹ̵̡ӝ̵̨̄ʒ ♥●•٠·

I gave a couple of anon gifts this Christmas- I know that they're not like super good gifts, more than 1M+, but they were all I could afford to give. sweatdrop

I dunno, I don't think I've seen anyone complain about the gifts I've given lol.
I don't really care though, because I still feel those special kitty feels.

I've been given quite a few gifts this Christmas, and I love them all. Even if some of them were worth 10k, because I know I've been thought of. ^^

Dapper Swapper

Not always, just mildly disappointing in the rudeness it displays. If its a nice gift.. then yes. if they dont like it they can sell it. If its my gift they complain about. Yell hes ill be mad. Because i dont anon 'junk' D8 I tend ot give whats on the persons wishlist. If they don't like it they can shove it and take the s**t they dont want off their wishlist.

If I can, yes. Sometimes I forget though.

I anon about same. Just when I feel like it.

No.

- Do you like Anons?
Yup. Even the silly ones that hand out sandwitches. Recieving goofy anons is much better then something spensy IMO.

Yup all the time.

clarion's King

Super Model

Little Dead Soldier
One user (I don't know who or where I saw it) , made a small comment about a gift that he/she received and how hurtful it was. That user was gifted coal.

Yeah, troll gifts happen a lot. It's not always easy to take it as "oh, someone noticed me". Now you suddenly have to ask yourself, is this what the public really think of me? Being given throwaways is a bit backhanded, especially if the gifter has ramped it up to be more than it is.

____

Manners exist on both sides. If you want a good reaction, give a gift that you'd want to receive yourself. That doesn't necessarily mean that it has to be stupid expensive, but you can tell when a person has given some thought about what they're giving (for example, an 1800g handheld pumpkin for Halloween makes sense and can be useful).

Fashionable Vampire

Do you get mad over people complaining for getting 'junk'?
YES YES YES YES. Goddammit, these gifts are going out of the generosity of one's heart and you b***h about how it could be more expensive? No. Get out of the forum now please. mad

Do you say always thanks for a gift, regardless of it's content?
Mentally, yes. I'm not one to want to post publicly about it.

Do you anon only during events?
Only in the rare occasion in which someone is begging. I Anon to teach them a lesson and tell them not to beg.

Do you post in anon threads?
Only if they need help in maintaining order and the non-begging.

Do you like Anons?
Honestly, I kinda get suspicious at times with anonymous gifting. So many thoughts swim through the head on whether it's a legit present or a hacked present. What did the spend on it? Who are you so I can give something back? crying

Did you ever gift something without giving it much of a thought?
Actually no. I'm often thinking it out.

Eloquent Explorer

10,250 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Tycoon 200
It's better to recieve gifts than none at all
Even if it's an amigo hat rofl

Winner

I don't get mad when given junk but I understand why people would be mad. Because when I have inventories full of crap I'll randomly gift the junk to people because lol~ it's not always a "nice gesture" but more like "I can't deal with this crap and gifting it to someone is probably funnier".

Sure why not.

I anon only when I feel like it, events change nothing.

Nope.

- Do you like Anons?
I'm neutral.

I prefer anon gifting anyway but when I gift to someone they have to have... some exceptional quality to them. Either be it kindness, intelligence or sincerity. But I don't just gift to anyone.

Mega Bit

I don't get mad, but I do dislike it. Appreciate the thought rather than the item. I had once put lawn gnome figure and flamingo plushie on my wishlist just to remind myself to get them (this was before alchemy and they were in the range of 1g-20g) and someone anon'd both of them to me. Honestly, I was super happy because it was the first time someone had gifted me and it was also thoughtful since they had checked my list. That is why I don't like people complaining over 'junk' because at the very least they took a moment to think about you.

Yes, always.

No, I tend to give randomly. And actually I don't necessarily give more during December as none of my festivals or holidays are during this time period. I just give at random.

Not really, I find it kinda awkward. I've posted in anon threads maybe all of twice or thrice.

- Do you like Anons?
Sure

I prefer to give something thoughtful, even if it is small.

Trash Genius

i like gifts, gifts are fun to open. the gift the person
above you threads always make me happy, cause
i get to open a thousand coloured boxes and i
don't care what the price tag is on them, i love the
gifts anyway.
right now i could use a new cell phone anyway irl.
i think i just killed my little galaxy ace 2x

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces