11,400 Points
  • Frozen Solid 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Amemya
VVithnail
Amemya
VVithnail
I used to have one or two but can't even remember the passwords for them anymore! If I had all that gold I would still be a scrooge and keep most of it. After purchasing a few choice items in the exchange, of course.

Mentally swimming in gaian gold does sound tempting. Invite me over if you ever get that rich? c:
I can't help but spend my gold emotion_facepalm
Haha I have that problem whenever a good RIG gets released. I'll be a big dummy and spend some gold on it only to lose 90% of the time.

Same here! Most I get is old cheap crap though.
I tried the last rig when they promised most older crap was filtered out. Turned out to be blatant lies as out of 40 tries, I only got 3 (cheap) items actually related to Starlight Redemption emotion_facepalm

Wow o.o that is unreasonable, I mean I don't like the re-release of rare old items but for them to lie about that...they've lost even more of my respect and honestly, I felt that that was impossible. (especially after remembering the reaction to the Japanese Tsunami of 2011 and the recent cash cash cash sales now)

Tricky Treasure

Broken Faerie Wings
Gamine
Amemya
Gamine
I assume this is another "first time cash buyer's" bonus?
I still think they're going the wrong direction with these. Offer bonuses to people who regularly buy and spend cash (aside from just giving them access to a store where they get to spend MORE cash!), customer loyalty is priceless.

It is.
And I agree. Offers like these might offend regular cash buyers. I think that loyal spenders should get similar bonuses - but that would really kill off the MP imo. :/
I think they tried to give loyal cash spenders an exclusive with club verge, but I've heard it's too exclusive for the average GC spender >w<

I think there are ways to reward long-time buyers without breaking the economy too bad (moreso than it's already broken, at any rate sweatdrop ). BOGOs, coupons, discounts, any number of little things that don't necessarily give anyone a huge advantage in the Market but are nice bonuses nonetheless. It's a delicate balance though, for sure.

You could get a 1000 point achievement for entering/being in Club Verge the first time. I doubt people care that much about achievement points but it is a nice incentive

I'm surprised there isn't a CV achievement/title set already.
Broken Faerie Wings
Amemya
VVithnail
Amemya
VVithnail
I used to have one or two but can't even remember the passwords for them anymore! If I had all that gold I would still be a scrooge and keep most of it. After purchasing a few choice items in the exchange, of course.

Mentally swimming in gaian gold does sound tempting. Invite me over if you ever get that rich? c:
Haha I have that problem whenever a good RIG gets released. I'll be a big dummy and spend some gold on it only to lose 90% of the time.

I tried the last rig when they promised most older crap was filtered out. Turned out to be blatant lies as out of 40 tries, I only got 3 (cheap) items actually related to Starlight Redemption emotion_facepalm

Wow o.o that is unreasonable, I mean I don't like the re-release of rare old items but for them to lie about that...they've lost even more of my respect and honestly, I felt that that was impossible. (especially after remembering the reaction to the Japanese Tsunami of 2011 and the recent cash cash cash sales now)
Don't want to be a Healer? Too bad - you're a Champions of Light member now!

Generous Lunatic

11,400 Points
  • Frozen Solid 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Tasheren
Broken Faerie Wings
Tasheren
I went ahead and tried it on my mule, and the reward granted there was just ONE flynn's booty, not 25.

I guess Gaia did succeed in making me spend cash on an account I'd never spent it on before, though.

Seriously, not even one bundle of 25 but a single item?

Yep. Just a single Flynn's Booty item.

I guess I'll need to fill out a billing inquiry form.

Yeah do so, it might get a point across to them.

Astral Dreamer

Amemya
VVithnail
Amemya
VVithnail

Yeah I gave it a shot after hearing it was "cleaned out". I think I got more junk than I ever have out of a rig.

Hallowed Healer

Gamine
Amemya
Gamine
I still think they're going the wrong direction with these. Offer bonuses to people who regularly buy and spend cash (aside from just giving them access to a store where they get to spend MORE cash!), customer loyalty is priceless.

It is.
And I agree. Offers like these might offend regular cash buyers. I think that loyal spenders should get similar bonuses - but that would really kill off the MP imo. :/
I think they tried to give loyal cash spenders an exclusive with club verge, but I've heard it's too exclusive for the average GC spender >w<

I think there are ways to reward long-time buyers without breaking the economy too bad (moreso than it's already broken, at any rate sweatdrop ). BOGOs, coupons, discounts, any number of little things that don't necessarily give anyone a huge advantage in the Market but are nice bonuses nonetheless. It's a delicate balance though, for sure.

Delicate balance for sure!
Gaia's CEO should spend more time listening to the suggestions made by its users. I think your suggestions might be actually really good things.
Like for instance, a shop card. You spend money, you save points. X points = 500 GC for instance.
It would not ruin the market completely but still make the users spending their money feel like they gain something. And maybe create events that you can spend GC and earn more points than when you usually spend cash for example. It works for department stores.

Generous Lunatic

11,400 Points
  • Frozen Solid 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Gamine

I'm surprised there isn't a CV achievement/title set already.

Definitely, I mean I'm assuming a lot of people will complain about that fact but it really won't have much of an effect on the economy

Hallowed Healer

[NPC] Gideon
Don't want to be a Healer? Too bad - you're a Champions of Light member now!

/silly Gideon. I am already a healer stare
Wait, what is this now? 0__o;; I thought the Flynn's Booty thing was over and done with.

Tricky Treasure

Amemya
Gamine
Amemya
Gamine

It is.

Delicate balance for sure!
Gaia's CEO should spend more time listening to the suggestions made by its users. I think your suggestions might be actually really good things.
Like for instance, a shop card. You spend money, you save points. X points = 500 GC for instance.
It would not ruin the market completely but still make the users spending their money feel like they gain something. And maybe create events that you can spend GC and earn more points than when you usually spend cash for example. It works for department stores.

A point reward system would be awesome! You could redeem them for exclusive items, or straight cash or that month's sealed envelope or something. Again it wouldn't have to be anything ridiculous or over the top (i.e. spend 10 bucks get a free Club Verge item!), I would be far more excited about small incentives you get for smaller, regular purchases than huge bonuses that you have to already spend a lot of money for.

Generous Lunatic

11,400 Points
  • Frozen Solid 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Punkin Chai
Wait, what is this now? 0__o;; I thought the Flynn's Booty thing was over and done with.

Seriously, this "trust everything you read on gaia" is getting worse than "trust everything you read on wikipedia"

Hassli's Spouse

Demonic Sex Symbol

30,990 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
******** gaia.

Stop releasing the booty. Jesus Christ, Gaia. Stop. You are ******** us.

Hallowed Healer

Broken Faerie Wings

Well, a re-release of the older and more desired RIG items would have been really lovely, but no one really likes the junk. I am completely against re-releasing older MC's though. I thought the sale of the halo - despite its skyhigh price- was blasphemous towards the original intention of the original users who supoorted the site in 03.
A bit more charity - if they could afford it- might not hurt their image.

Anxious Cleric

12,250 Points
  • Married 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Toy Drive Tycoon 400
So, is it "25" or "1"?

Trying to gather gold for my charity, but I'm not gonna spend money for just 1 flynn's booty. sweatdrop

Generous Lunatic

11,400 Points
  • Frozen Solid 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Amemya
Broken Faerie Wings

Well, a re-release of the older and more desired RIG items would have been really lovely, but no one really likes the junk. I am completely against re-releasing older MC's though. I thought the sale of the halo - despite its skyhigh price- was blasphemous towards the original intention of the original users who supoorted the site in 03.
A bit more charity - if they could afford it- might not hurt their image.

Oh definitely
God, charity, were you here with the tsunami relief thing? That's when I really started getting vocal against gaia.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff