MAKE FRIENDS WITH IT! *grabs goose costume* 0.10591133004926 10.6% [ 43 ]
TWEET IT! *grabs phone* 0.029556650246305 3.0% [ 12 ]
MAKE A STUPID POLL ABOUT IT! *...* 0.10837438423645 10.8% [ 44 ]
*honk honk* 0.33990147783251 34.0% [ 138 ]
Total Votes:[ 406 ]

Thirteenth Gatekeeper

Ulysses K Devlin

π•Έπ–Žπ–“π–Šπ–—π–›π–† π•Έπ–”π–—π–™π–Žπ–˜

Minerva felt her own stomach aching at the mention of food, it threatened to growl as she contemplated how to go about the day. "Oh for certain, they do a marvelous job of breakfast here. I'm quite partial to the Belgian Waffles, smothered in berries and clotted cream." For a voracious carnivore she had come to develop a fair bit of a sweet tooth, it was long in the making but it finally happened. She grinned up to Ulysses, having him to thank for her appreciation of his realm; she'd have burned them all out of impatience long ago.

"Hmm, a walk through the mountains could be promising. Now that daylight is plentiful the view will be much more spectacular." There were many lovely escarpments along the trails that lead into surrounding valleys, as well as a few shallow caves he might find interesting. Minerva nodded to herself at this chain of thought, it was decided.

"I suppose that calls for some proper clothing, doesn't it? Can't go tramping about the mountains in high heels." She didn't want to leave the comforts of his side just yet, nor did she feel up to taming her now wild hair back into it's ironed straightness from the night before, so for the moment Minerva contented herself with breathing in his scent and nuzzling all the closer.

Minerva_Mortis's Husband

Greedy Businessman

9,950 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
Minerva Mortis

He looked down at Minerva, his mouth falling slightly open.

"Belgian waffles? You? Well look at that, miracles do happen. That does sound wonderful though. Belgian waffles, fruit and cream, a cup of coffee and... perhaps some protein? Eggs, bacon..."

He nodded in thought, his hand rubbing his chin in thought before being placed on Minerva again..

"Yes that sounds wonderful. Maybe find some game trails or even better some of the local fauna. See what beasts find stomping grounds in the mountains."

He laughed, looking at Minerva again.

"No, I don't suspect that boxer-briefs are suitable for trekking through the wilderness. I think the locals would have words to say about me as well."

He twisted the cap over the water bottle and set it off to the side on an end table. Chuckling as Minerva held him closer, he gently ran his nails over the nape of her neck and a bit into her hair.

"But not yet I suppose. Are you still sleepy or just stalling?"

He spoke teasingly, though he himself was postured quite comfortably.

Thirteenth Gatekeeper

Ulysses K Devlin

The look of surprise on his features was priceless, having known her former distaste for anything remotely sweet it was almost expected. Minerva just grinned up at him, nodding in agreement at the mention of the bitter love that was coffee. Perfect.

His fingers teasing her hair and neck distracted her from the talk of beasts and trails, though they did not leave her mind entirely. Reclining her head to look up at him she giggled at his teasing, indeed, sleep threatened to affirm it's grasp on her. "A little of both, you're just so comfy! I don't know how I managed to get off that couch last night." Laughing softly she fought off the urge to yawn. "I best be getting up, else I may attempt to sleep through the day." A common occurrence for her considering her aversion of direct sunlight.

Minerva_Mortis's Husband

Greedy Businessman

9,950 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
Minerva Mortis

He smiled nodding.

"Well unfortunately for you, I am a morning person."

He laughed as he slowly pulled from Minerva and dropped his feet to the floor to stand. He gave one more stretch.

"Mmmgh, ahh. Yes, I think a light breakfast and a brisk walk will do fine. In fact, I am a bit excited. Who knows, I may find myself another cave in these mountains for a new hideout. Start up some rumors about beasts in the caves again."

He laughed and walked to his luggage to grab one of the sorted clothing bundles.

"I am also a bit cold. I had gotten used to your warmth... I think I took it for granted."

He held his arm up which had goosebumps and his hair stood.

"Do you keep it cooler in here or is it just me?"

Thirteenth Gatekeeper

Ulysses K Devlin

The only response he received at calling himself a morning person was a brief comical look of disgust. She could not figure out how he did it, Minerva detested dawn's early light, the brightest and most foul in her eyes, considering it would cause them to burst her hatred was well founded.

When Ulysses made to part from her embrace she gasped softly, making efforts to hold onto him and clinging gently until he'd removed himself from the bed, propping head up on an arm as she watched him stretch. "Love the view." She remarked with a smirk before catching his talk of claiming a cavern in the mountains and laughing. "The townsfolk here are not so easily discouraged, there is a reputation of mischief about. Start a rumor of beasts in caves and you may find yourself with unwelcome guests." She cautioned.

Watching from the bed as he rummaged through his belongings she nodded to his question of the heat. "I usually do, though I had bumped it up a few degrees before your arrival. Is it too cold in here? I can always raise it." At last she pulled herself away from the comfort of the mattress and slid on over to the thermostat, poking at it's buttons a few times before moving on to her wardrobe in order to procure some clothing.

Minerva_Mortis's Husband

Greedy Businessman

9,950 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
Minerva Mortis

He tossed his clothes onto the bed and began separating the bundle.

"As long as you're comfortable I should be fine. Though at night we should turn it down once more so I don't cook between you and the comforter. Then it would be like... a campfire on a winter night."

He laughed as he threw on his shirt, pushing his arms through the sleeves.

"Hm, I suppose I wouldn't want a mob of pitchforks and torches paying me a visit. You make a good point... It would be more fun though."

His pants were now on and his belt was being looped around his waist. He stooped down to his luggage and grabbed a small box before making his way toward the bathroom, the little box and clothing under an arm.

"Anyway if today's cave adventures are anything like our first one, then we're going to have fun indeed."

Thirteenth Gatekeeper

Ulysses K Devlin

Minerva was sifting through her own clothing as he spoke about the heating, more than willing to comply later and return the climate control to previous settings before bed. Settling on an orange dress shirt with longer than usual sleeves and matching pants with checkered patterns she shimmied herself into the bottoms with the shirt slung over her shoulder. Turning to watch him head off for the bathroom, Minerva's cheeks were red and there was a smug grin on those lips. "One can only hope." If last night was any testament she knew that they were bound to have a great time one way or another.

Sliding into the orange shirt she then went over to a small closet near her door and removed a pair of black boots with copper buttons and a mustard yellow hat which was tucked beneath her arm as she moved over to the bed and made to pull on the footwear. She had a mild curiosity as to what was kept in the box Ulysses brought with him to the restroom, but put it off as toiletries.

Minerva_Mortis's Husband

Greedy Businessman

9,950 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
Minerva Mortis

He hummed to himself while in the bathroom with sounds of objects moving on the sink's counter. Before long he reemerged with a new outfit on. He smiled at Minerva.

"Well I realized that I no longer have an excuse for unruly hair without my hat. I can't just hide it under my cap so I must get used to keeping it orderly again."

He looked over Minerva with an approving smile.

"Very nice. Refined, but practical for a tromp through the mountains."

He motioned to his own clothing.

"This suits me and at the very least the boots will make the difference. Though this is as good as it gets with the clothing that survived Ragnar's assault."

He shrugged with a light laugh.

"Of course coordinating the colors of I do have won't be difficult."

Thirteenth Gatekeeper

Ulysses K Devlin

She remained seated on the bed as she waited for Ulysses to emerge from the restroom, twirling her cap on an index finger idly. When sights landed on him again the hat slipped from her grasp and flopped to the floor, Minerva felt her heart skip a couple beats at the refreshed man before her. She'd never seen him with his hair groomed, he'd always had hat hair if his head was not covered, did he ever look good!

She laughed softly with him and nodded in thanks, eating him up slowly with her gaze. "I may have to thank him for that, I am finding it immensely difficult to take my eyes off of you. So dashing." Lifting from the side of the bed she scooped up her hat and gave her pockets a brief pat down, making sure she'd not forgotten anything before making her way over to his side and snaring his arm to hold.

"Breakfast then some spelunking, what a way to start the day. With such a handsome man at my side at that, I must be the luckiest woman in this realm." She spoke fondly and gave his arm a gentle squeeze of a hug, if there was anything else he needed Minerva would wait for him to collect before guiding them downstairs at a casual pace.

Minerva_Mortis's Husband

Greedy Businessman

9,950 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
Minerva Mortis

He was patting his own pockets as Minerva walked towards him. He smiled as she took his arm.

"Ragnar has an eye men's fashion perhaps? And thank you for your compliments."

He casually pulled a pair of white gloves from his pocket and slipped his hands into both one by one.

"I am ready when you are Minerva."

He walked with Minerva down the hall and downstairs into the lobby conversating.

"It occurred to me that I have gotten my hopes and expectations up in our room. Though assuming from your agreeing that they do serve the items we spoke of." He laughed "This place is very lavish to ask for waffles, don't you think? Might be more appropriate to ask for, uh... parfaits or something... toasted bread with some cheese and jam. Either way, I've set my heart on waffles and I will be sorely disappointed should we not have that option."

Thirteenth Gatekeeper

Ulysses K Devlin

Minerva laughed and nodded, "Of course they do! The cooks, be they brass men or not, are fantastic and have yet to foul an order. Apparently there had been a human cook here before, but when business slowed down he moved away." Descending the grand stair into the main lobby she glanced about at the spindles in question, their form and functions fascinating her to no end.

When she led them into the bar room off the side of the lobby she flagged down one of the brass men and gladly placed an order for two plates of waffles with berries and cream, along with a black coffee. "I only hope you enjoy them as much as I have in the past, I never thought I'd end up with a favorite breakfast food, but these things are amazing." Minerva felt as though she may be over selling the waffles, but she really liked the fluffy fried bread. Taking a seat at a table next to a window she took her hat off and set it off to the side, then rest her elbows on the table and set chin on hands, those extra long sleeves hiding her digits as they cradled her head.

Minerva_Mortis's Husband

Greedy Businessman

9,950 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
Minerva Mortis

He laughed, "Maybe it's me then. I don't think I've ever had to trust a machine to do anything for me. I've an old-fashioned mind I suppose. On the other hand, it's just waffles. No hard task there."

When he had sat down with her he added Bacon, a milk and a glass of water to his order. He couldn't help but smile at Minerva's excitement for these waffles. His own posture was relaxed with an arm on the table in front of him, tapping his gloved fingers in a soft rhythm on the table.

"Oh darling, I adore waffles. Almost as much as I adore you, so if you get this excited over this establishment's waffles then I think I will share in that excitement. I don't think it could go wrong here."

Thirteenth Gatekeeper

Ulysses K Devlin

Minerva blushed, having let herself get carried away over her love of waffles. That Ulysses adored her for it made her feel less silly about it, smiling back she sat up straighter and wiggled her hands out of the ends of her sleeves to push fingers through her hair, moving bangs out of her face. "I don't see how it could, I'm sure they'll turn out just fine." She had yet to have a displeasing meal at the Rosewood and hoped that did not change anytime soon.

Once their beverages arrived she took a long drink from her coffee, the bitterness of the dark liquid waking her senses fully. "Mmmmh." Looking up to him from over the rim of the mug she smiled sweetly. "Now there's one thing I never tire of, coffee. Such a vast variety of roasts and types of beans, I doubt I'll ever be able to try them all."

Timid Seeker

Minerva Mortis

Ulysses K Devlin

Chiffon had been sitting and chatting with a couple of other tenants for a while when she noticed a couple walking down the stairs to the lobby. She wouldn't have paid them much attention except she couldn't help but notice the man in red. A lot of red. The sight of his red clothing immediately recalled the words of that crazy bum. Oh what did he want her to say? It didn't matter but what did matter is that some crazy guy out there was looking for someone in red and this man seemed to match the description. Chiffon turned to the people she was talking to, "I need to do something now, but it was pleasant talking to you. I hope you enjoy your vacation, take care!" Chiffon was a little nervous approaching a couple of strangers but she wasn't willing to take any risks if it meant someone else's safety. The couple had sat down and were chatting so she took a deep breath before sliding up to the side of the table with a friendly smile, her cheeks tinged pink. "Um, excuse me. Hi, I'm sorry to bother you two. My name is Chiffon and I couldn't help notice you walking down the, uh, the stairs there. Anyway, um, this is going to sound strange and I don't want to alarm you but last night I had a run in with a crazy person, like, totally mental. I think he was homeless or something, but he said something about looking for someone who wore a lot of red and you," She made a general motion at Ulysses before clasping her hands together, feeling somewhat awkward in front of the nicely dressed couple. "You seem to fit that description seeing as you... yeah. So I just wanted to pass that on to let you know to be careful. He was a pretty big guy and like I said I ran into him at night so if you are planning on staying out late tonight just be careful. Or maybe change your clothes up so--- well I don't want to tell you what to wear but... anyway, I'll leave you alone." She looked at Minerva and smiled "Also I love your outfit, it's like it matches the wonderful weather here." Chiffon allowed herself modest laugh here, also realizing she had been talking almost non-stop at this poor couple. She wondered if she was coming as crazy herself.

Thirteenth Gatekeeper

Ulysses K Devlin

Minerva was pleasantly enjoying her coffee and Uly's company when they were approached by a young woman, and when she started talking out of the blue a smile grew upon her lips, this poor girl was so flustered with herself!

As she went on however it was apparent what was going on, the crazy homeless man threatening a man in red was clearly Chiska. Apparently he'd taken to harassing the locals ontop of raiding bedrooms, she let out a small huff of frustration at this news, but continued to smile to Chiffon, appreciative of the gesture. She would let Ulysses remark on this caution for his safety, her attention turning fully to the elven woman with glee at remark of her own attire.

"Why thank you dear, the weather has been lovely now that the snow line has receded for the summer. I do like to dress proper for my adventures." She beamed up at Chiffon and waited to see what Uly would have to say.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff