Welcome to Gaia! ::

Which of the following post styles do you prefer?

Very short posts 1-4 lines 0.11812627291242 11.8% [ 58 ]
short posts 5-10 0.27494908350305 27.5% [ 135 ]
medium posts 10-30 lines 0.42973523421589 43.0% [ 211 ]
Long posts 30+ lines 0.091649694501018 9.2% [ 45 ]
Novella's 0.085539714867617 8.6% [ 42 ]
Total Votes:[ 491 ]

Desirable Raider

9,875 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
User Image

Enjoying the way the wine washed the inside of her mouth, bitter bite followed by bubbly sweet and set off by creaminess of the cheese. It was very good. To curb the bitterness of it all the grapes were perfect for it. As she listened to Lance she tilted her head at him "Why didn't you take over? Have you no interest in such a thing?"

Desirable Raider

9,875 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
onyx2047
User ImageUser Image

Both Lesi and Leon thought that they had ought to help "Help who? I hope you mean the guy on the ground!?" she said in that manner that was like: you be talking crazy if you think a guy like metal would want or appreciate our help! "No...I think not. It is the same premise as before way back when with you lesi. I cannot risk unwanted eye's and authority to be sniffing around my ship. You guys don't seem to realize that the only reason we've got things so damn good down here is because we keep our door step clean so to speak. If we helped and out of the good grace of the people they praised us and found out where we were from....found out that Metal frequents there...put it together. The authorities would always be on our necks because...well..." she didn't finish her sentence though because coming right up behind her was the damn devil himself. 'Well that was a surprise' his voice came curling into her ear sending chills down her back.
'Yeah well...I am just full of them aren't I? I second Lesi's question though metal...just what the hell happened?" she asked now that they had gotten well out of view. Lucky for them everyone was clamoring around to help the beaten guy on the ground anyways. Too busy to pay attention.

They would continue to walk on board the Asper and when they got on deck Onyx would turn to Leon and take her things from him. "Thanks a bunch! We should go for a good swim after. Oh can you give this bag here to Jenica for me? Thanks" she told him with a smile. "Be right back" she said to the lot of them before taking her own things back to her room. After putting it all away she would return to the deck and flop into a chair at one of the fire pits. She would crack open one of the bottles of wine she had picked up and poured herself a glass and sipped it. It was very very good. She was excited to have her little meeting with the vineyard owners. Onyx would crack open all the goodies she bought and slowly began to nibble on them. She was still waiting for an answer from Metal of course. She wasn't quite ready to just let that one slide without some sort of an explanation. Not because he needed to justify himself to her or anything but out of sheer curiosity in how that one had even happened.

Chatty Fatcat

9,450 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
User Image
Name: Leontias Métaliene

He turned to Onyx who had just asked him to give Jenica the knives that she had brought for her. It wasn't a problem really, at least not to him. He was already heading to Jenica, for he had something to give to her as well.

While he was out Leon had decided to get something for his new Teacher. It was somewhat of a tradition for him to do so, back when he was a lad. The usual teacher liked the occasional pome type fruit, which on his planet was usually an intoxicant. He wondered seeing that eating the items were considered illegal during work force, if old Mr. Abenathe was technically eating on the job. He recanted this however and decided to focus on what was important.

Giving Jenica her gift.

He asked the teller at the clothing store about his Girl friend. For some reason, the clothing storeowner smile grew, and she took him to the lingerie section. For some reason, he felt a bit awekward about going into the section with mostly all girls in it. He felt even worse when he finally got the lingerie, for most of the girls seemed to be giggling at him, once he left the store.

Back on the ship however, he felt a bit of relief certainly he just hoped it’ll be something she liked. “Hey Jenica I’m back!” He yelled. Some strange reason, his voice sounded strounger than usual, It was so strong once could almost feel the boat shake a little. He covered his mouth, he suddenly remembered why he always spoke so quietly. His voice projects himself quite well due to his natural ability as a Malmosi, and on this planet, due to the air density it was…dangerous.

He scanned the room for Jenica, at the same time making his way to the bar.

Desirable Raider

9,875 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
User Image

Upon hearing her name she turned her head towards the door to see Leon. "Ah Leon...did you have a nice time out with Lesi and Onyx? Lockeport has turned into quite a large town huh? Much better now that it's all redone. I just wish that all the good new materials hadn't run out before having a chance to get to this area. At least it's been expanded though right?" she said making talk with him. "What's that you got there?" she looked to the bags in his hands.
                                "Did ya get yourself some swim trunks?" she asked smiling at him.

Chatty Fatcat

9,450 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
User Image
Name: Leontias Métaliene:

“Yeah it’s actually a right luvly tahn, a bit better than wot it 'ave a looked like wen I first got 'ere.” He was actually glad that it had turned out so well. IT seemed almost peaceful to want to go through there now, he might have to travel to town a bit more. It took him back to his memories of his small home town in Malmosi’s the old Tellers and bakersmiths. It saddened him, his face dropped into a small frown for a quick second. “Reminds me of home almost, back then…Stuff like that used to make me feel so safe…” It seemed like rambling, which was why he stopped when she mentioned the clothing.

He put on his smile and looked back up at her. “I did indeed, and remind me never ter go shoppin' wiv them again…This…Speedo they tried ter get me were 'orribly uncomfortable.” His face broke into a smile, but it was forced and an obvious sweatdrop was doing down his head. He swore that it was underwear the way it was shaped and formed. He never wanted to see a pair in his life again, and he hoped he didn’t have to.

He looked down at the bags and smiled. “Oh, me and Onyx got something for you. He gave her both bags and smiled. “I hope you like them both…” He had a giant smile on his face, his teeth showing their sharp canines to her.

Desirable Raider

9,875 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
User Image

She giggled at him "Well I am glad! Maybe sometime we could go into town together? I am after all one of the survivors, this is my hometown. To be honest...I ... don't have that many friends. It's why I work the hours that I do...keep busy ya know?" she said but touched his hand as he seemed to get all sad and frown.
                                "Leon?" she'd ask softly wondering if maybe it had been something she had said. He snapped out of it though rebounding back to a cheery version of himself. He had handed her two bags claiming that both he and Onyx had got her something.
                                "Presents?!? For me?!?" she opened the first bag that was from Onyx and laughed. Ah she remembered. She said upon seeing the knives. The fly swatter was obviously just something they needed. She then grabbed the other bag, the one from Leon and tore out the tissue paper and froze. A deep shade of pink streaked across her face in a blush. She blinked a few times and then looked up at Leon. "I..." she was so dumbfounded she really didn't know what to say.
                                Jenica then pulled out the item, even in front of Lance and set it to the counter. She then pulled out the set of knives oni brought back for her and set them beside the lingerie. Lastly she pulled out the fly swatter. Holding it up in her hand her other hand sort of Vana-white the other items. "Is someone trying to tell me something here?" Lingerie, knives, and a fly swatter. Serious kink or a set up for a really awful joke?

Chatty Fatcat

9,450 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
User Image

He smiled wider when she held his hand, it was nothing for her to wrry about. He didn’t feel he should burden her with his emotional problems anyway. He was suddenly glad his smile had swayed the conversation back to the gifts. He’d be in a tight spot otherwise. He was happy that she liked the knives as much as she did. He just hoped his present was just as well received

He saw the reaction to the lingerie her face went pink, just about around the sam areas his face would go white. Of course, it was the human blood vessels, and she was blushing. Did that mean he did something wrong? He gulped and grew his own blush, this one was white and it seemed to be a bit smaller than Jenica’s maybe because he was more confused than embarrassed.

“Uhh, the bleedin' store clerk said that Girl friends liked Lingerie, right, so I fought since yor a girl…and I believe a friend…Yer’d like if I got that for yer...strange that yer humans luv undergarments as gifts…”

He didn’t realize how ridiculous he sounded, of course he didn’t realize how embarrassed she was either. So he continued to dig his hole.

"So do you like it?"

Desirable Raider

9,875 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
User Image

She lowered her fly swatter and upon hearing Leons explanation, face palmed in relief. "ooooh! I see now. Leon...oh my Gawd" she said shaking her head and putting the fly swatter and knives back into the one bag. Grabbing the lingerie she held it up to show him slightly holding it against her body. She looked down at herself and then back up to him.
                                'Well...white does seem to go well on my skin color...but...Leon...' she held the garment down at her side now and was giving Leon a look. It was the look of heartfelt emotion.
                                "You silly goose. This kind of undergarment is called Lingerie. It is used for a different kind of girl friend. The kind of girl friend your more intimate with...a ...mate...a...partner." she tried to explain to him. She wasn't too sure how things worked on his home planet. "It's a very personal thing actually. It's my belief that such a thing shouldn't really be shared with anyone else but that special someone. Not unless of course your a two dollar whore and your the kinda guy who likes whores..." now she was rambling. She shook her head. Looking at the garment she was stuck. Should she have him return it and put the guy through the embarrassment of doing so? Or accept it? She bit her bottom lip a little, munching.
                                "I will accept this gift Leon but...next time, since we don't know one another well, you should either ask Onyx or myself what i'd like. It's just...safer for both of us that way." she placed the item back into the bag and came out from behind the counter and over to him. She wrapped her arms around him in a big thank you hug and kiss on his cheek.
                                "Thank you though, the thought is what counts." she said to him.

Chatty Fatcat

9,450 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
User Image

He was glad that she at least like dthe gift, however she began going into territory that he was unsure of. When she began to talk about intimacy and human reaction, Leon Simply blinked. “Uhh intimacy? different kind girlfriend? wot the sense make?” He tilted his head, and proceeded to scratch the side of it. Humans and their strange customs, what does any of this have to do with reproduction? That was she made it sound like, and how does one even determine if they felt this…intimate way with a person.

“Yor matin' ritual seems unnecessarily complicated…” He said looking down at the ground, suddenly speaking on his own races mating rituals caused him to blush. “We just agree wiv us certain partner weffer reproduction is the right fin' or not. keeps evryfink in check and the planet populated. That is wot yer earfflings use matin' for correct?” His races weren’t necessarily one for affection, actually it was something he didn’t know much about until coming here. Other than friendships, the Malmosi didn’t really have much in terms of relationship building.

He wanted to laugh when she said something about asking Onyx about gifts. However, he didn’t feel it was a good idea, something about her voice scared him. It sounded so strong yet sensitive, something that he even as a bard could not explain. He was relieved that she at least accepted the gift, but suddenly was surprised when she locked him into a hug. His eyes widened, and went even wider when she placed her lips on his cheek.

One person had decided to do that to him already, and it managed to confuse him, even now it confused him even MORE. What exactly was this, and why did it feel so warm when it was performed.

Desirable Raider

9,875 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
User Image

She pulled back from him and looked into his face. She gave him an expression that read that she wasn't impressed with the things he had said. "Oh yeah? If things were so complicated and confusing to you why the hell are you blushing?" she said challenging him. He didn't understand my a**. It might have seemed unnecessary to him but she knew he understood her words.
                                "Let me put this on then and let's see who starts agreeing and wanting to "reproduce". Boy spaceboy you reeeeeeeally have a lot to learn" she told him as she slipped away from him. Jenica would put the Lingerie back into the bag. She tried to not let his ignorance bother her, to not let what he said damage her own personal feelings of self worth and all. She wanted to lash out at him and ask him how his kind could be so damn boring! Attraction always mattered. No matter the species other wise you'd be running around humping everything, living or other wise. So it was utter bullshit to her to think that Leon and his kind didn't have a form of selection process. Blllllaaaaah why was she even getting into this with him!? Jenica would swing back around behind the bar and place her bags back there with her.

Chatty Fatcat

9,450 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
User Image

“Confusion, I’m blushin' because yer weren’t the first ter kiss me, right, and I’m just as confused then as I'm now…” He didn’t get the concepts of a kiss. The meaning it had for certain earthling individuals either, was it an invitation of sort, or was it a show of affection, if so what kind? Too many questions to ask, and he feared that this female would not be giving him the answers yet.

When she threated to put on the Lingerie, he raised his eyebrow and a smile peeked on his face.
                                                  “Great, I’m not exactly sure if I got yor measurements right any way…” He judged from observation her current human measurements. He also asked Onyx for the advice, but she merely laughed at him, she did eventually tell him, but he was still confused about her laughter. He didn’t make the effort to ask her though, for she was already teasing him about the speedo’s and he was certain to not ask about anything else.

“Boy spaceboy you reeeeeeeally have a lot to learn.”

She didn’t help by adding to his confusion of the current situation. They did rate females on a scale of attractiveness, but more of physical compatibility when it came to what they wanted their offspring to look like. It was petty even to him it was petty but it certainly worked for his people. He wasn’t aware however how much earthling romance, and Malmosi reproduction clashed with each other. Stepping on this planet and seeing how the rules changes and how one act of random kindness could be seen as something...completely different. IT was enough to have him feel even more homesick than he already did.

When she walked back to the bar, he sighed, ruffled his hair, and spoke again.

"It's not that I don't understand it, I don't git it, right, It seems, fragile ter build a relationship on that..." He'd only heard news reports on human relationship. The various amount of ended relationship, and divorces. It made everything in the case of earthling relationships seem fragile, as if the foundation itself was ruined by what seemed to be a dead spark. "How do earfflings JUDGE attractiveness"

Desirable Raider

9,875 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
User Image

She sighed, her weight shifted to one side. "I suppose it's all just a bunch of bullshit isn't it. With humans...it doesn't always work that way, you know the whole "Oh i choose you because I want my kids to have blue eyes" thing. I have seen it where the couples kid came out with brown eye's because the woman's great grandmother had brown eye's. So to me...choosing a mate based upon attributes makes zero sense." she explained to him. It would seem that the pair of them was confused about one anothers planetary customs.
                                'Though I am willing to admit that our way is far more complicated." she added. She wouldn't say anything to her being the first to properly kiss him. That was more embarrassment than she could handle right now. She had put everything away and was fighting to get away from the topic of the gift. That included who he consulted for it and what size it was. He asked how they judged attractiveness. That was a hard one.
                                'I saw this program once that explained it in a scientific way. Whatever stimulates our brains. It's the thing that makes you look twice. It's the way a person could smell, the way they talk, their attitude, the way they make another person feel. There is a lot that can go into what makes someone attractive." she told him.
                                "I am not a scientist. I just know what I like. Let me ask you this. Do you think I am attractive? and if so why? further more if you don't think I am attractive....why not?" she asked him.

Chatty Fatcat

9,450 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
User Image

Do you think I am attractive?

That was actually a tough question for him to answer. He really only knew one way how to think about this. He felt he was being put under the bus, his eyes wavered a bit, then fell to a neutral face. He coughed. Not knowing how to judge any other way he used suggestions from her explanation on the scientific sense. “I fink yer’re a great gal to talk wif, if that’s anyfink on the case of attraction…” He didn’t quite feel like he was getting it . “So in that case, I would say I do feel some attraction…” He twiddled his fingers. Not only out of confusion, but sheer embarrassment that she was able to put him on the spit like this. Worse now that he was essentially critiquing her. Though he had nothing exactly horrible to say about her, he just thought she’d take what he said the wrong way.

“Yer also 'ave a nice way of stylin' yor 'air, right, I fought the long 'air were a bit much, but this shorter 'air, right, It fits yer a bit more…” He said He was already digging himself a hole so he saw no reason to not go any further especially since she asked him. “Or at least it fits wot wee I know about yer.” He shrugged, she knew pretty much all there was to know about him, but he knew little about her.

“Makin' me 'ave a look twice…Well…Yer 'ave a nice smile, and Yor voice right commandin', but 'onestly I like it that way.” He paused and leaned back toward is seat, he also crossed his legs in effort to relax himself a bit more in this rather uncomfortable situation. “Also, Yer 'ave a right noticeable...Shape...” He wished to leave it at that.

“However, personality wise, I don’t fink I know that much about yer ter make a clear judgement, but judgin' from this ‘Scientific’ Stance, ffen…I would be lyin' if I said I weren’t a wee bit attracted…”

Desirable Raider

9,875 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
User Image

Well...she did ask him didn't she? She smiled and nodded at him when he was finished speaking. "So there you have it. Now you know what can drive a human to be attracted to another human. The rest is about how well you get along with one another. When you have to share your living space with someone, and you don't get along well...this can get ... bad. That's a whole other issue though. It's all apart how did you say it? Compatibility. Sadly for us it's not just for reproduction purposes Leon. It's because we humans like to have nice things. Both for ourselves and to show off. In some ways there's nothing wrong with that. For example. It can be a nice thing to be shown off because someone thinks your beautiful or handsome. If your truly proud to be seen with that person because you love them. It's a bad thing when you don't really give a crap about that person and your just using them to make yourself look good. Understand?" she tilted her head at him.
                                "Like I said. I agree...we are more complicated. But different people like different things. We don't all think the same and like the same things. So...yeah..." she laughed and shrugged her shoulders.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff