Welcome to Gaia! ::

4,800 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Citizen 200
User ImageHe laughed softly, nodding. "If you insist that it was no problem. At least allow me to return the favor, should you ever need it. Much like yourself, I don't like to watch people suffer. I suppose it's the priest in me." he said, listening to the faintly familiar accent. The sound of it was familiar, but he couldn't tell the region, nor the name of the accent itself. "Your voice is pretty. Would you happen to be related to Desiree? Is she your great aunt?" he asked, curious. Desiree seemed young to him, but now that he knew she was a vampire, it was understandable.

Dapper Ladykiller

11,250 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Lend me your hand and we'll conquer them all..

Aurelia returned from the kitchen with Keita's tea. She had also brought a small cup of milk and a bowl of sugar cubes as she had forgotten to ask how he took it. "here you are" she said, placing the items in front of him. She leant against the back wall of the bar, being careful not to disturb anything as she crossed her arms around her waist. She waited until there was a lull i nteh conversation to ask "Did i hear you say your name was Keita?"

((sorry i took so long, laptop was stolen by serberus crying ))
..But lend me your heart and I'll just let you fall.

Liberal Wolf

8,625 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
User ImageUser Image
Desiree looked at Xen curiously. "Even if you are bought by someone, you will remain on the market?" She listened as Xen spoke, idly flipping through the clothing racks as she focused on everything that Xen said. "I suppose most couldn't live through that." She looked at Xen again. She had such a sweet, kind face, and was a very generous woman. "It is hard for me to see you as a murderer," Desiree commented. "You are quite a mothering figure to the people in the tavern." She chuckled slightly before adding, "I even see you as a mother at times."

Renee shook her head. "You don't have to pay me back. Really, it's all in a day's work," she said with a laugh. Renee smiled sweetly at Keita's compliment. "Thank you. Yes, I'm Desiree's niece, though I didn't even know she existed until about five days ago. I'm technically her eighth niece," she explained.

Desirable Businesswoman

User Image

"Yes...I will remain on the market even if someone buys me....my experience and my price goes up..." She shrugged. "I'm used to it now." She then tilted her head at Desiree and chuckled. "Never judge a book by it's cover...behind my innocent face if that of a monster...but that is life...you do what you have to to survive." she smiled. "And I do act like a mother alot...but that's mainly because I will never have a child...I decided that long long ago...I wouldn't make a fit mother..." She nodded

4,800 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Citizen 200
User ImageNodding as he took his cup from Aurelia, Keita put a cube of sugar into the cup, letting it dissolve slightly before he started to sip it. "Yes, it is. If you like, you can also call me Kei. I don't mind either name. And thank you kindly for the tea." he said, smiling to her.

He looked to Renee and laughed again, smiling. "As it is with me. I like to help when I can. I like to feel useful. I've traveled alone for nearly three years now, so being able to sit and have company is a welcome change. I prefer to keep busy, it keeps my mind off of things."

Taking another sip of the tea, he sighed happily, closing his eyes. "It's certainly good to feel welcome in a warm place after so long. Perhaps I'll speak with the owner about a room, I feel like I may learn things about myself and the world around me. It'll certainly be an interesting experience, and maybe it'll even help me to develop my gift. Thank you for the company, Aurelia and Renee. It's most refreshing."

Liberal Wolf

8,625 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
That's right, I'm a perfect devil...
User Image
Desiree picked out two more pairs of pants and a pair of capris as she listened to Xen. "Even being used to it, it is still horrible. If it would take your name off of the market, I would purchase you and allow you to finally be free from the trade," she said sadly. She nodded. "You are right. It is like myself. Behind my beauty and grace I am a blood-drinker," she said with a bitter smile. "I suppose you and I are creatures of irony." She shifted through more clothes, not finding anything else that would appeal to Renee's taste. "That is a wise decision. At least you have put the child's well being into consideration."
...Tell me how bad I am. It makes me feel so good!

Desirable Businesswoman

User Image

Xenthara noticed that she stopped looking through the clothes. "Well I'm not fit to even be a wife....so i put two and two together." She smiled. "Plus i have everyone at the Tavern to take care of now so no big deal." She laughed lightly. "Come on...lets go pay for those and then head to another shop...you pick this time." She smiled and began heading towards the check out line.

Dapper Ladykiller

11,250 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

"That's quite alright" she responded to Kei's thanks. She scratched at her still steadily bleeding wound as she listened to him speak. She smiled as he spoke about staying longer at the tavern "Be careful though" She teased "I was alone for many years before i came here and now i can't seem to leave" She looked like she begrudged it but her voice held fondness.

Liberal Wolf

8,625 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
Perhaps normality...User Image
Renee smiled, chuckling. "Perhaps priests and witches aren't that different." She looked at Keita, shock hinted in her eyes. "Three years? I can see how being around people would be a refreshing change."
... is always an illusion.

Liberal Wolf

8,625 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
That's right, I'm a perfect devil...
User Image
Desiree nodded, following Xen to the register. "What makes you believe that you would be an unfit wife?" Desiree set the armful of clothes down before a cashier, who began to ring up the items and place them in bags. The woman cashier continued to glance up at the two girls wearily as she silently did her job. "What else would Renee need?" Desiree asked Xen. Many things had changed since Desiree's time. She knew that the child would need a crib, bottles, and diapers, but what else?
...Tell me how bad I am. It makes me feel so good!

Desirable Businesswoman

User Image

"well in the events of the past month...between the collar....the coma....me lossing control and nearly killing myself by blood loss....and if i ever snap and loss my sanity...then i would be nothing more then the heartless killer i really am....who would want to be married to someone like me?" She smiled at the cashier and paid for the items. She then grabbed the bags. "And we'll head to a baby store....that's next and then a present for your niece...you know her better then i do....maybe we should make her room more comfortable for her." She smiled at Desiree.

Liberal Wolf

8,625 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
(( brb. Shower time<3 ))

4,800 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Citizen 200
User ImageHe looked to Aurelia, seeing her wound. Keita tilted his head slightly, looking at her. "Are you alright? Is there anything that I can do for you to help your wound?" he asked, watching the blood flow. "I'm sure I'll enjoy it, here. If the rest of the people are as welcoming as you two have been to me, I wouldn't mind staying here." he said, his mood beginning to brighten as he thought of residing here.

He looked to Renee and nodded, still smiling slightly. "I see no difference in the two, besides the choice of lifestyle. Though, I'm not your average priest. In my village, I was the only priest there. Our village is secluded and small, tucked far in the remote area of the mountains. One child every generation is born with the ability to see spirits and communicate with them. When that child comes of age, they are trained to become the village priest. But, because such a child hadn't been born for a long time, the old priest had passed away of illness, and when I was only six, I was sent into training to become the priest." Keita spoke softly, the memories bringing slight pain to him as he remembered his childhood.

"My position was to absorb the sins of the villagers, to take the evil spirits from their body and take them into my own. Hatred, lust, murder, envy. Sins of all forms reside within me, the sins I had taken from the villagers. When my village was destroyed, everyone was killed, and so I left the mountain and traveled, learning what I could about my gift and the world around me. That was three years ago, when I was nineteen. And here I am today. Fate is a mysterious thing." His first true memory of his childhood was the first time he had absorbed a sin from one of the villagers. The mental and physical strain it brought to him at such a young age had nearly killed him, but he fought to bring honor to his people, to uphold his duty and protect his family and friends. Despite the memories, he smiled, shaking his head of the thoughts, looking to the two women. "I may not be able to offer much, but I promise to do everything I can to help if I'm needed."

Dapper Ladykiller

11,250 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Aurelia blinked and looked down at her chest before cursing "damnit". she muttered to herself as she pulled a cloth off a low shelf and held it to her collar bone. She smiled at Kei "Nah, happens occasionally. Stupid thing wont heal" Her expression sobered as she remembered just how many years it had had to heal. She smiled again at Kei, snapping out of it before listening to him speak. Her mouth opened as he explained about taking the sins from the other villagers. "And they give this responsibility to a child? she asked, a little incredulously. She tilted her head to one side as she looked into Kei's teacup, thoughtful for a moment. She looked back up at the boy a few moments later "Are you hungry?" she asked before she turned to Renee "Either of you?"

Liberal Wolf

8,625 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
User ImageUser Image
Desiree went quiet, understanding Xen's point about marriage. She followed Xen as the exited the store and walked to her car. "Okay. There are so many different contraptions for children today, I don't know what we should get," she confessed. It was true, though she had only known Renee for five days, she knew her well, partially from talking with her, and mostly from reading her thoughts. "Perhaps she would enjoy a place to keep her supplies," she said with a gentle smile.

Renee nodded, listening to Keita's words intently. "Isn't there any way to dis-spell the sins?"

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff