Welcome to Gaia! ::

Siggy Image Link Code Fixed - New Code listed on the front page. Check it out!

Sweet! 0.48275862068966 48.3% [ 28 ]
Urm ... Kay? 0.51724137931034 51.7% [ 30 ]
Total Votes:[ 58 ]

Kawaii Warlord

Asturias Destiny

User Image
                                                          Dₐᵣᵢᵤₛ Dᵣₒₗₖₕₐᵣ

{[(𝙊𝙤𝘾: This was actually kind of difficult to write >.< I hope it's clear enough. )]} - 𝙇𝙤𝙘𝙖𝙩𝙞𝙤𝙣: Elevator shaft - Dart Vessel - 𝙈𝙤𝙤𝙙: In pain, tired, strained - 𝘾𝙤𝙢𝙥𝙖𝙣𝙮: Victoria

Using the fabric from the extra cloth he had on himself, with his shirshori he created straps that secured Victoria's grip before stepping into the shaft. With his black flame wrapping around his hand, the pair scaled down towards the floating bag, with its contents scattered in the still air. "This is going to feel strange, just whatever you do. Do not puke." With a flick of his wrist, the black flame shot up the line, reached the knife, and decoupled it from the wall. The pair hit the equilibrium point with a strange oof that felt like falling onto a bed as soft as a car; kicking from the wall, Darius started to generate motion, swirling as he coiled the knife back to his hand.

Repeatedly kicking the wall, adding more to the spin till he launched the blade towards their intended destination. A quiet clank confirmed its connection and Darius started to pull them both up further, this time with gravity going against them. With his shirshori's flame working the line to assist with his motion of pulling them toward the swirling of energy just ahead. Stopping at what seemed to be just a few floors from the original bottom, Darius peered at a wall that had a faint slit going down the center. "I think that's a door." Nodding his head at the wall, resting his feet in the corner, he tried to hug the wall as close as he could, "Think you can slip some metal in that line? I maybe able to force it open with my shirshori."

Lore Dump

Bashful Nymph

10,725 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
Pandolyn

Victoria Ann Black

Wearing: [x]
Company: Darius

Victoria let her gaze drift briefly downward as Darius secured her grip with some cloth. She knew he was just being cautious so she didn't say anything. At his comment as he stepped into the shaft, she would chuckle. "I'm good, promise." She would say before they began to drop, Her eyes would close until she felt them hit the equilibrium. She would open her eyes just in time for them to start kicking off the wall.

She would watch idly as they kicked off the wall several times until she heard the clink and watched as he pulled them upward. As they hugged the wall, Victoria would follow his gaze, as he mentioned the door. "Seems to be." She would muse quietly. At his question, Victoria would nod her head lightly. "Probably. I have all sorts of metal mased items in there." She'd muse as she freed one of her hands. Reaching into one of the pouches on her belt, rummaging for a minute before withdrawing a large, empty, flattened metal bullet casing. "There it is. It's my lucky charm. Feel special that I'm letting you use it." Victoria would say with a chuckle as she did what he asked. "Hopefully it helps."

Kawaii Warlord

Asturias Destiny
((OoC: Please see spoiler if you want to lead them around the corner in your next post ~))

User Image
                                                          Dₐᵣᵢᵤₛ Dᵣₒₗₖₕₐᵣ

{[(𝙊𝙤𝘾: )]} - 𝙇𝙤𝙘𝙖𝙩𝙞𝙤𝙣: Shaft - Dart Vessel - 𝙈𝙤𝙤𝙙: Stressed, Tired - 𝘾𝙤𝙢𝙥𝙖𝙣𝙮: Victoria

"Let's just hope that its luck doesn't run out." He mused as he took the bullet casing from her hand and tried to wedge it into the slit. Attempting to use his flame to reshape the casing into a small bar, while keeping them secured and not falling back down. Darius managed to open the door a tiny bit, with a satisfied grin and a sense of confidence he extended to piece just a bit further. "Once you're confident you can squeeze through, go. I can only keep us held here for so long mind you." His face flushed an odd blue as he spoke as if he was physically strained by the amount of effort being used to open that door.

It took another couple of minutes before he managed to extend the opening as wide as he could, a meager five or so inches, leaving only a fair glimpse inside the strange corridor with a red light pulsing around the corner. A slight slip came from above, a strained grunt came with a twist of pain as the rope dug into his forearm, pinching his wrist with fingers already numb. "Take the rope and secure it to something." He knew he would only have a small window before his grip gave out, his shirshori already being pushed to its limits which were clearly showing with the exhaustion lurking under the surface.

Lore Dump

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

This is a magika engine, there is a darite (a type of mineral Darius is familiar with) crystalline ring being used as the focus for the magical energies that are powering the entire ship. This type of technology cannot exist, or shouldn't exist. Darius will be baffled, and more so confused than ever when he sees this.

There is a research camp set up here, abandoned - equipment, gear, etc still laying around. Decades old, the equipment bears the insignia of the governing power pre-kielstrava war.

Bashful Nymph

10,725 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
Pandolyn

Victoria Ann Black

Company:
"Don't jinx it..." Victoria would muse back, watching quietly as Darius worked. She could feel his energy straining, making Victoria frown in concern. They hadn't rested long enough, but they weren't in a position to do much else. Literally. Hearing his instructions, she would nod her head lightly. "I don't need much." She would say simply as he finished getting it to five or so inches. Taking her shotgun off her shoulder, Victoria would gently lay on the ground between the doorway before nudging it with her foot to get it out of the way. Releasing on arm from around Darius' chest, she would slip one arm out of its backpack strap. With that, she would weasel her way through the gap, letting her backpack slip down into her right hand so it would follow her through the gap with an easy tug.

Taking the rope, Victoria would secure it to a protrusion next to the door. "It's secure. Hurry." She would say to Darius as soon as it was secure. Once he made it through the gap, Victoria would give him a worried once over before moving her to their surroundings. The hallway seemed to only go one way. Slipping her bag back on her back before bending down to grab her gun. "Let's see what we've got, shall we?" She'd muse before rounding the corner. Victoria would stop in her tracks, her eyes darting from what seemed like the core they were looking for to what appeared to be an abandoned research camp before she would look back to the core. "It's a crystal of some kind. Seeping with magical energy. I haven't felt anything like it before ...." Victoria would finish as she glanced to Darius. "Darius ... what the hell have we gotten ourselves into?"

Kawaii Warlord

Asturias Destiny

User Image
                                                          Dₐᵣᵢᵤₛ Dᵣₒₗₖₕₐᵣ

{[(𝙊𝙤𝘾: )]} - 𝙇𝙤𝙘𝙖𝙩𝙞𝙤𝙣: Abandoned Campsite - Dart Vessel - 𝙈𝙤𝙤𝙙: Relief, Tired, Slight pain - 𝘾𝙤𝙢𝙥𝙖𝙣𝙮: Victoria

Tugging the knife down once he slipped inside, he tailed behind Victoria, pinching the bullet casing from the door. With a quick twist, he shaped it back to its former state as he turned the corner to find himself staring at the impossible. Darius watched as he saw the system at work, a large massive ring sputtering with a red mist-like form of energy, splashing neatly around the material it held.

"This-this should not exist.." His attention drew in closer with a couple of steps, watching as it pulsed with raw mana, pouring into the engine systems below; creating a nuclear reaction between ethric energy to material energy systems. "Something that is far beyond our nature," Breaking his attention away, looking towards the abandoned campsite, "There's a camp over there, everything seems to be intact still, could have an idea of what this is."

Walking out of the hallway, he stepped out into a massive domed section, looking up he saw hundreds of jagged rods aimed towards the red ring in the center. The camp was neatly tucked along the side of the rods, using its side as an anchor for the tents to be pitched to, equipment of various sorts hung neatly between two tents; which their contents inside remained neat and orderly. A thick layer of dust caked most things throughout, even the paper work which Darius picked up curiously, "Paper? His words printed his confusion clearly, wondering who and why someone would use paper of all things.

Nonetheless, he scanned its contents, his bewilderment growing with each line passed, "This is a research team from the Governing Council. Pre-war. Seems they found, what they assume to be anyway, an Indrol engine. Which-" Looking back up at the ring with a modest concern, "Which would make sense. Legends say they were able to do stuff like this, combining the material to the celestial - it's how they conquered the galaxy billions of years ago." Yet the thought pressed a heavy weight onto his shoulders, how many of these were there? Were there others with similar technology? Others with these abominations? A tight line drew along his lips as the dreaded questions came, thoughts peeling back to the war when the swarms would flood through the tight spaces in the mega-city; closing his eyes he stuffed the contents of then away.

A deep sigh released as he placed the papers down before looking into the third tent, which seemed to act as a storage space for medical equipment, munitions, clothing, weapons, and an empty cabinet for food and water. Something of which, Darius felt a tinge of panic, wondering if that was the fate of those who set this campsite up, a question pondering if this was a fate the pair would meet as well. "Got guns in here, medical stuff as well - I don't believe those things will come here, the place hasn't been disturbed for decades it seems."

Lore Dump

Bashful Nymph

10,725 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
Pandolyn

Victoria Ann Black

Victoria would accept the returned bullet casing quietly, slipping it back into the pocket it was in on her belt. She would let her gaze move back to Darius, watching his expression go from awe and confusion. They were in the same boat. "I know it shouldn't. And yet... here it is, right before our eyes." She would respond simply. Victoria would follow his gaze back to the camp. "Definitely might." She would say to Darius simply as she followed him out of the hall way.

She would follow him silently, her gaze wondering as they went. Reaching the camp, Victoria would let her fingers run lightly over things as she passed them. She noticed the papers just before Darius asked about them. "Hard to hack paper." She would say simply as she rifled through a stack of documents. She would listen as Darius did his deductions. She would nod along to let him know she was listening as her gaze drifted back to the energy source. "So it seems. Let's do what we came here to do so we can get out of here. This place is a tad creepy." She would finish simply.

Kawaii Warlord

Asturias Destiny

User Image
                                                          Dₐᵣᵢᵤₛ Dᵣₒₗₖₕₐᵣ

{[(𝙊𝙤𝘾: )]} - 𝙇𝙤𝙘𝙖𝙩𝙞𝙤𝙣: Abandoned Campsite - Dart Vessel - 𝙈𝙤𝙤𝙙: Tired, Stressed, Worried - 𝘾𝙤𝙢𝙥𝙖𝙣𝙮: Victoria

"At least we don't have a swarm up our a**." He playfully reminded her as he dusted off a physical map, his fingers attempting to figure out their location. "We are not leaving. If this is actually Indrol technology, I mean -" He gestured to the mana engine as it whirled to life, sending a ripple of energy out and through the channels, breathing continuous life into the ship. "We don't have a single idea what this does or can do. Whoever wants Arinna and I dead, could possibly have more of these." He gave her a concerning look, wondering if this was something that crossed her mind. "If this is their only one, why don't we just steal the damn thing?" A black flame flicked to life, leaving an impression of their location on the map, judging from the layout focusing on the design of the power system. Lines dividing floors, sections, and corridors on the original system; leaving the addition seeming fairly generic.

Darius ran a finger along a single shaft, going roughly thirty to forty floors towards what appeared to be either an armory or barracks floor. "I've only seen the monsters, no personnel of any sort - except for the jackass I fought with either." Grabbing one of the rifles, he checked its battery, seeming surprised when it flickered to life and began its sequence of charging a round. "Go up the floors, crack the door, and see if there's anyone. Hit the bridge just above the deployment hanger beyond the barracks, and we might be able to just vent the entire ship of all lifeforms." Already laying out a rather direct plan of attack, collecting a few charging packs and connecting them to his belt, he looked up to Victoria. "Chances are we'll encounter more of those swarms and a higher chance that one of us will be attacked by jackass. If he shows up, just run. Let me handle him and try to get into the bridge and figure out how to open all the airlocks. The faster we deal with the swarm, the faster we get out of this alive."

Picking up another one of the kinetic rifles, he showed Victoria how to turn it on, load it in a new charging cell, charge the rifle, and read the information on the screen. "The magika from the engine pretty much made all the charge packs somewhat drained, so you can only shoot off a few heavy blasts or a couple of volleys. Slap, Sprint & Charge, Shoot, Repeat. Keep your shotgun for when they pop up ahead." With a quick snap of his flame, he modified the rifle to fit on like a brace, allowing for one-hand reloads that fitted nicely with its shortened white and grey barrel.

Lore Dump

Bashful Nymph

10,725 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
Pandolyn

Victoria Ann Black

Victoria would give him a light chuckle in return. "Fair." She would say simply in response as she watched him play with the map. Victoria would listen as Darius went on about how they weren't leaving. "It crossed my mind. How are we going to steal a ship within a ship, exactly? With a horde of murderous whatevers that can appear at any point. And lets not forget the creep running the showing." She would muse with an arched eyebrow.

She would watch as Darius made a route on the map. As he spoke up about the missing crew, she would glance at him again. "Maybe the crew are the monsters." She would say thoughtfully as she watched Darius pick up a rifle. She was just as surprised to see it power up. She would listen as he rambled out his plan. It was crazy, but it might just work. There was always another way to get them out alive, but Darius seemed determined to get control of this ship and take it back. "Sounds like we have a plan, then." She would say as he picked up another rifle.

Victoria would watch as he showed her how to use it. It was similar to some of the newer tech in her bag. She would simple nod her head. "I think I handle it. Done so so far." She said with a playful smirk. She wanted to kiss him, for good luck or just in case, but she didn't. She knew better. Instead. She'd use the opportunity to stash a bunch of charging packs in her belt and adjust her weapons so she could easily switch between the two. "I'm ready when you are."

Kawaii Warlord

Asturias Destiny
Pandolyn

Victoria Ann Black

Victoria would give him a light chuckle in return. "Fair." She would say simply in response as she watched him play with the map. Victoria would listen as Darius went on about how they weren't leaving. "It crossed my mind. How are we going to steal a ship within a ship, exactly? With a horde of murderous whatevers that can appear at any point. And lets not forget the creep running the showing." She would muse with an arched eyebrow.

She would watch as Darius made a route on the map. As he spoke up about the missing crew, she would glance at him again. "Maybe the crew are the monsters." She would say thoughtfully as she watched Darius pick up a rifle. She was just as surprised to see it power up. She would listen as he rambled out his plan. It was crazy, but it might just work. There was always another way to get them out alive, but Darius seemed determined to get control of this ship and take it back. "Sounds like we have a plan, then." She would say as he picked up another rifle.

Victoria would watch as he showed her how to use it. It was similar to some of the newer tech in her bag. She would simple nod her head. "I think I handle it. Done so so far." She said with a playful smirk. She wanted to kiss him, for good luck or just in case, but she didn't. She knew better. Instead. She'd use the opportunity to stash a bunch of charging packs in her belt and adjust her weapons so she could easily switch between the two. "I'm ready when you are."

User Image
                                                          Dₐᵣᵢᵤₛ Dᵣₒₗₖₕₐᵣ

{[(𝙊𝙤𝘾: )]} - 𝙇𝙤𝙘𝙖𝙩𝙞𝙤𝙣: Outside the Camp - Dart Vessel - 𝙈𝙤𝙤𝙙: Tired, Stressed, Ready to go - 𝘾𝙤𝙢𝙥𝙖𝙣𝙮: Victoria

With a tight nod, Darius collected tiny bits of metal as the headed towards the construction elevator, away from the pulsing core. He performed his typical hand trick with them, a metallic bar flowing between his fingers, following the commands of his wrist like a general giving order. The black flame danced through his fingers, around the palm, cycling in a rhythmic pattern. "Remember. Eyes forward, keep running." With a flick, the bar shifted into a bracer along his forearm just as they arrived.

With a solid kick to the lifeless machine, his solid golden iris searched for any signs of energy, shifting his attention upwards, then to Victoria. "There's no way I'm going to be able to get us both with my shirshori, wear us both out not even halfway up." He assumed as his foot rolled a series of cables, "I'll be back in a few, stay in shouting distance. Alright? The place may seem empty, but..." Giving the pulsing orb a worrying glance, he didn't know what other types of surprises could be lurking.

Picking up the line that feed down a twisting corridor of the jagged pieces connected to the magika engine, he could feel the sense of the energy that came from that engine; a subtle chime alerted him the battery life was draining. Discharging the low battery and tucking his rifle to the side as he navigated the eerie maze. Turning around a sharp bend, he came across the cable severed from the generator that... was connected?

Its bulky size rested at an angle with hundreds of wires welded into the wall, its blue and green lights still showing its just disconnected, the motor inside gently humming with life. "Egg heads were siphoning power." An amused chuckle came as he examined the cable, discovering the chew marks only silenced whatever amusement he found. "Guess we're not alone here..."

Using his shirshori, he reconnected the cable to the generator's output bay, the lights flicking to a soft yellow and a soft whine before changing to white. Instantly, the camp's lights, computers, security, equipment and other powered items roared alive. Even the elevator rattled itself awake, its orange warning lights signaling high above, only encouraging him to dash back to Victoria, hoping she's already called it down.

Lore Dump

Bashful Nymph

10,725 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
Pandolyn

Victoria Ann Black

Victoria would watch quietly as he collected bits of metal. She would continue to watch as he did his little trick. Preparing. Not a whole lot they could do to prepare anymore than they have. If they got out of this alive, she would be rather surprised. Hearing his voice, she would stop fiddling with the gun in her hand and would meet his gaze. "I remember." She would say with a simple nod of her head.

Victoria would watch as he gave the elevator a swift kick. "Pointless to wear you out. You need your energy for what's to come." She would say simply before giving him a nod. "I'll stay put." Victoria would reassure before he wandered away to investigate the situation. She would wait, her gaze drifting around, listening for any sound out of character. She didn't like waiting.

It didn't take long for the lights and power to flicker to life. Including the elevator in front of her. Victoria would let her free hand move and press the call button. Hopefully it wouldn't take long for the elevator long. This place gave her the creeps.

Kawaii Warlord

Asturias Destiny

User Image
                                                          Dₐᵣᵢᵤₛ Dᵣₒₗₖₕₐᵣ

{[(𝙊𝙤𝘾: )]} - 𝙇𝙤𝙘𝙖𝙩𝙞𝙤𝙣: Up s**t's creek without a paddle - 𝙈𝙤𝙤𝙙: Dismayed, Shock - 𝘾𝙤𝙢𝙥𝙖𝙣𝙮: Victoria

A distorted scream rang in the vast chamber, the sound making its way toward the pair as the elevator started with its gears grinding against the metal. Howls rang from above as the large platform almost skipped a gear, a piece of its cover falling fifty feet below, crashing in a large pile of disregarded scrap. Darius only increased his pace, seeing a red mist wicking into the air and slowly vanishing the higher it climbed; the sight only brought a sense of dread, reminding him of the animals on Enoss.

Grabbing the rifle, and checking his charge, he climbed up along the wall, hoisting himself over it and back to Victoria. "We should start climbing now." A loud splattering crashed onto the elevator control console, one of the monsters from before lay lifeless and impaled on the metal box, glancing up, Darius saw more falling. "You've got to be ******** with me." He swore as he brought his rifle up, switching to single fire, he started shooting at the ones climbing down the wall.

Popping the spent cell out and replacing it with a quarter-charged battery, he froze at the looming shadow that grew behind them. The grotesque being stood a staggering eight to nine feet tall, several arms dangling loosely and in tandem with its broken jaw, exposing the rows of twisted mangled teeth. Its skin, leather and scarred, had traces of the same red energy from the mana core the duo saw earlier, a whisp of the red mist poured onto the ground as its nine eyes locked onto them.

Surrounded and facing an abomination tainted with the most severe form of magika poisoning Darius has ever seen. Flipping the selector on his rifle, he unleashed his remaining charge on the monster's chest - an ear-shattering scream forced Darius to cover his ear before one of the arms slammed into him, pinning him onto the wall. The only bit of luck the pair had, was with the swarm above turning on themselves as they drew closer to the magika engine; the platform wasn't even halfway down as Darius used his flame to help push the monster's maw back.

Using a piece of metal he found earlier, he tried to wedge the shifted piece into its mouth, dodging the spikes trying to impale him. With a roar of pain, he managed to cram the piece in its mouth, quickly being tossed to the side as the beast frantically struggled to remove it. "MOVE!" He shouted, pointing to a ladder along the side of the platform dock.

Lore Dump

Bashful Nymph

10,725 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
Pandolyn

Victoria Ann Black

The scream would hit her ears as the grinding of the gears got rolling. It was already starting. Her gaze would briefly skip over the falling piece before she looked above the elevator to the full wave headed their way. She would hear Darius climbing up the wall before his voice hit her ears. "Let's stay optimistic. We've gotten through worse, right?" She'd muse quietly as she readied her gun, her robotic bat leaving her shoulder, now at the ready.

Victoria would follow suit, raising her own rifle to start picking them off one at a time. Headshot. Headshot. Her bat was charged and shooting energy echo blasts, taking down 3 to 4 at a time. Releasing the spent cell, she would slam a fresh one in and continue firing as Darius froze. That one was bigger than the biggens they dealt with earlier. Due to the core, perhaps? She would have to worry about her questions later. As she turned her rifle at the large one, Darius was already firing. Before she could react, Victoria was slammed into a nearby wall, a grunt and a sharp gasp escaping her lips. Pushing away from the wall, Victoria ignored the pain in her right side, just below her ribs.

Blood would slowly start to trickle as she stepped away from the wall fired a few shots at the large one just as Darius managed to use a piece of metal in its jaw to get himself free. Ignoring the pain, Victoria would turn and sprint towards the ladder. Holding the rifle over her shoulder, she would lose shots as she went, being careful not to hit Darius. The bat would continue to fire its blast to give them enough cover to get to and start climbing the ladder.

Slamming into the ladder, Victoria would grunt in pain as she started to climb, skipping several rungs at a time as she forced herself up. With her rifle in one hand, she would fire shots past Darius at the biggen and crowd below to help her bat hopefully keep enough distance between them for to get to the top. What seemed like ages, Victoria felt her hand it floor. With a cry out in pain, Victoria would force herself up the last bit, landing on the hallway floor with a thud and a grunt before she forced herself to her feet. Grabbing two of the grenades off her belt, Victoria would chuck both down below past Darius. One aimed at the biggen's gaping jaw as it roared after them, and the other at the crowd below. Reaching down a hand, she would reach for Darius to help him clear the last stretch before turning to run.

Kawaii Warlord

Asturias Destiny

User Image
                                                          Dₐᵣᵢᵤₛ Dᵣₒₗₖₕₐᵣ

{[(𝙊𝙤𝘾: )]} - 𝙇𝙤𝙘𝙖𝙩𝙞𝙤𝙣: Platform heading towards the barracks floor - 𝙈𝙤𝙤𝙙: You can take a pretty good guess - 𝘾𝙤𝙢𝙥𝙖𝙣𝙮: Victoria and a whole mess of trouble

Darius kicked his feet back and away, scrambling to get back onto his feet with his rifle shooting off at the monsters climbing down the wall, fighting with each other over the meal below. "Just go!" He shouted, seeming pissed she spaced the rule he's repeatedly mentioned, stay moving. A loud metallic snap came from behind as the beast freed its savaged maw, a deathly roar bellowed out as four more limbs burst from its side.

Long narrow blades protruded from its palms, equaling its entire arm's length, already closing down towards Darius. Taking in a deep breath, he used his shirshori to teleport just above Victoria, ripping her up by the collar of her shirt before the mutated beast's attention shifted toward her. Shouting with pain at the cut that formed along his cheek, he could feel his blue blood already running down his side from the jump ripping an old wound open. Drawing in all of his energy, he used his shirshori to transmute the ladder, pulling them both up towards the platform.

Throwing both of them onto it, Darius slammed and bounced towards the edge as the smaller beast fell onto the platform between them both. As a beast leaped towards Darius, he rolled over and watched as it slid off the side and down to the bottom. Scrambling over to the motor of the platform, he then used his shirshori once again, forcing the machine to reverse its course and start lifting them towards the floor they needed.

The dark flames roared to life around his body, drawing every single one of the monsters towards him as he willed the machine to climb back up. "COVER ME" He shouted as he tried to make sure the damn thing didn't break and send them plummeting back down as the motor screeched in agony. He was swearing to himself to get himself one of those bats as he watched the little thing swipe out several along the wall, thanking the champions that it was at least easy pickings this time around.

The whole platform started coming to a creeping crawl as a sudden weight pulled at it from below, three of the bladed arms and hands slammed into the corner of the platform, and the mana-poisoned beast climbed to meet the already surrounded duo. "SHUNKA!" He shouted as he slammed his darite metal into the motor, mentally praying to whatever god there was that it would hold.

Lore Dump

Bashful Nymph

10,725 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
Pandolyn

Victoria Ann Black

Victoria would keep shooting, her back to Darius, her bat continuing to take out large groupings with its charged shots. It was when the platform lurched and starting moving up at a snails pace did she move her gaze off the horde. The biggen was back. And it looked angry. Keeping one gun trained on the mob, she trained the other on the biggen. Darius would need the continued cover to keep the platform running or they'll be dead.

Firing a few large charged shots at the biggen's head, it would turn its angry gaze on her. With a roar, it would charge. Rolling out of the way just in time, Victoria would land on her back with a grunt as she trained her gun at its back. Rolling to her feet, Victoria would shift and duck just in time to miss getting crushed and sliced in half, fighting to maintain her balance on the edge of the platform. With another roar, it would charge at her again. She would duck and roll, dodging 2 of the bladed arms as she spun to take another shot. The third stabbed her right through her right shoulder. With a scream, Victoria felt herself being lifted off of the platform.

The biggen would roar in her face, Victoria attempting to use the opportunity to take one shot at its other arms and another in its face. The distraction worked and she was thrown to the ground face down, sliding a few feet away. With an angry snarl, it would begin to charge her direction again as she tried to roll out of the way. She didn't make it in time as the biggen's foot pinned her to ground. She wasn't able to get her guns at a good enough angle, her bat was barely keeping the other waves at bay. The weight of the nine foot creature pressing against her chest was bringing blackness to the edge of her vision. Her blue grey eyes would darken as she let go of her guns, gripping the creature's foot, she would push up with a loud scream. Darkness would briefly envelop the creature just before it screeched in pain.

Blood, gore, and various body parts would soon rain down on her as the creature exploded, the black wave of energy rippling in all directions. Any creatures in the immediate area would have the same fate as the biggen, the platform being rained on with blood and various body parts. Darius and her bat would be unharmed by the energy wave. Fatigue would wash over her, blackness dancing on the edges of her vision again. With a groan, Victoria would roll over, slowly pushing herself up to her feet. Hopefully this gave them enough of a pause to get to the right floor. "Darius!?" She would murmur, stumbling towards the motor to make sure he was okay, barely staying on her feet.

Kawaii Warlord

Asturias Destiny

User Image
                                                          Dₐᵣᵢᵤₛ Dᵣₒₗₖₕₐᵣ

{[(𝙊𝙤𝘾: )]} - 𝙇𝙤𝙘𝙖𝙩𝙞𝙤𝙣: Lift - Heading towards the Barracks and Medical floor - 𝙈𝙤𝙤𝙙: In pain - 𝘾𝙤𝙢𝙥𝙖𝙣𝙮: Victoria

As the blast knocked him onto the ground, the parts and gore falling from all around, he heard Victoria's voice cry out. His whole body felt like a collection of threads that were pulled and slammed back together as he struggled to get back onto his feet, looking over to Victoria; struggling to stay up. "Vic!" A sensation dropped inside as he scrambled to her, his eyes could see the splattering of her blood in a few places, with a pool quickly forming at her feet. "Damn it" He muttered through his gritted teeth as one searched in her bag for the sealant serum and the other caught her.

"Do not move anymore, alright?" The concern was clear in his tone as he pulled the injector out, already loaded with the gel-like substance, removing the cap with his teeth, he scanned for the most critical wound. "This is going to be painful, it'll pass in due time. Alright?" Before he could give her any chance to reply, he slammed the injector into the shoulder wound.

Every wound, every scratch, every broken bone, and even the slightest headache began to intensify by a thousand. The cells in her body began to accelerate her healing systems with a paradoxical pace that only seemed like pure science fiction. She would feel the intense heat of every injury beginning to heal, and a blinding light would form in her sight, leaving her to possibly question if that was her dying and seeing the light at the end of the tunnel or the amount of pain her sensory organs were receiving; fortunately, it was the latter for her.

Darius held her tight, lest she fell and made things worse for herself, "Focus on breathing, do not bite me neither. That - huge no with me." He felt some urge to bring that as he dragged her with him towards the motor as it whined, placing his foot on the darite metal that secured the motor from giving out. With his flame plucking the metal and forming an ankle bracelet on himself, he sat down and held her close as the healing kept going, expecting her to more than likely pass out.

The intercom sputtered to life, an unknown language announcing something his ear couldn't translate. Looking towards the magika engine, his eyes went wide as it started to rotate, energy being drawn in as it spun faster. The intercom continued with what he assumed was a countdown from five, four, three, two, and one. A discharge of energy shot into the engine, and a whipping sensation slammed into the duo, slamming Darius into the lift's railing, gasping with a sense of pain from the sudden blow, "Shunka! He swore as he felt the metal bar pin itself along his back; looking down at Victoria, he could see the sealant already finished its job on her, "You good?" He asked, making sure she was conscious as he scooted forward and off the railing as the lift slowly climbed to the upmost floor they needed to go.

Lore Dump

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces