Welcome to Gaia! ::

Siggy Image Link Code Fixed - New Code listed on the front page. Check it out!

Sweet! 0.48275862068966 48.3% [ 28 ]
Urm ... Kay? 0.51724137931034 51.7% [ 30 ]
Total Votes:[ 58 ]

Kawaii Warlord

Asturias Destiny

User Image
                                                          Dₐᵣᵢᵤₛ Dᵣₒₗₖₕₐᵣ

{[(𝙊𝙤𝘾: )]} - 𝙇𝙤𝙘𝙖𝙩𝙞𝙤𝙣: Unknown Section - Dart Vessel - 𝙈𝙤𝙤𝙙: Stressed, Tired, Weak - 𝘾𝙤𝙢𝙥𝙖𝙣𝙮: Victoria

A soft glance behind only brought more questions noticing the scratch marks halting at the connection pieces. Kneeling down with a finger tracing along the connection with one hand and the other reaching into his satchel, pulling free a square tile-like device, its features smooth as Darius attempted to turn it on. The tablet flickered to life, objects and shapes twisting about in the corners as the device stuttered with some kind of interference threatening to kill it. "I've got a feeling this way is a safer bet. We're not as heavily dependent on technology as our friends are, it's not causing much interference but there is still enough to bring some worry." Standing back onto his feet, tucking the tablet back home, he gave a somewhat mild suggestion. "Look at the ground, no scratch marks on this side," Raising a ringer just below Victoria's feet, which was littered with them. "It's enough to cause interference anyways, something that we just do not have. If we can find the core, it could be the safest place for us to catch our breath."

A habitual checking of the pistol in his hand came before he holstered it, his weary hues looking ahead, down the twisted circular hallway, then back to the doors Victoria mentioned. Watching the energy pulse towards them only tugged at his intuition that it was a head, looking back to the doors mentioned, he contemplated checking there as she suggested. Pinching the bridge of his nose, eyes closing tightly as he fought off the battle fatigue as it settled into his mind, "I'm not sure which is the safer bet, truthfully speaking. I just don't know." Leaning back along the curved wall, he shrugged at the doors there, "Could be more beast behind those doors. The real question is, can we keep going? I barely can keep my mind together to string this sentence." His fingers twisted at a knot along his metal bracer, feeling the burn of the bite radiate through his forearm, clenching the shakes into submission before looking down the opposite way. "I can at least see better down there, than right here." A couple of distant cries came as a reminder to the duo, that they were still being hunted. The question was, how long till more of the beast came? Were the ones on the train finally on their trail once again? Only one thing was clear, they wasting precious seconds on this split junction.

Lore Dump

Bashful Nymph

10,725 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
Pandolyn

Victoria Ann Black

Wearing: [x]
Company: Darius

She would watch Darius quietly, her gaze following him as he crouched down to trace the connection. Victoria would continue to watch as he began to toy with a tablet. She could see the interference on the screen, listening as he began to talk again. Any interference was bad, she knew that. She could hear the hint of concern in his tired voice as he stood back up. She would follow his gaze back to the ground. She would simply shrug her shoulders as he suggested finding the core.

She would continue to watch as he looked both directions. The pinching of his nose showed the true level of fatigue. Victoria would let her head tilt as he leaned against the wall. "It's pretty clear that you can't keep going at this rate. We need safety so you can rest." She would say simply. Twirling the knife idly in her fingers, she would nod towards the direction he was clearly preferring. Away from the doors. She heard the screeches. Her gaze would drift briefly, noting they were still aways away, but time wasn't exactly on their side. "We're wasting time. Let's go your way. Hopefully it won't take us long." She would reply, her gaze drifting down the bare hallway.

Kawaii Warlord

Asturias Destiny

User Image
                                                          Dₐᵣᵢᵤₛ Dᵣₒₗₖₕₐᵣ

{[(𝙊𝙤𝘾: )]} - 𝙇𝙤𝙘𝙖𝙩𝙞𝙤𝙣: Unknown - Dart - 𝙈𝙤𝙤𝙙: Relieved - 𝘾𝙤𝙢𝙥𝙖𝙣𝙮: Victoria

The pair walked further into the alien tunnel for what felt like a couple of hours, following a series of twists and turns that slowly bled from the core of the vessel. Darius' attention was shifting all over the place as the energy pulsed around them in its measured tempo. The cries from the beast seemed to die down, muted behind a secret murmur that lingered in the air, Darius stopped with a touch of consternation along his features and a sense of disorientation of time. "We would have heard something by now if they were able to enter this portion of the ship." Plucking a calorie stick from his mouth, he dropped the abandoned bag he stumbled across a couple of turns ago.

Plopping down onto the ground, he felt his whole body deflate into relaxation, a heavy sigh breaking loose as he welcomed the sweet comfort. "I say, we risk it for the biscuit." Sticking the twig back into his mouth, he moved the bag under his legs, with a pistol ready in his lap. "Now, I'm pretty sure we both have some questions for each other. My only question is, how the ******** did you just appear here? I've seen some crazy tricks in my time, that one - that was just as confusing as..." He gestured to the hallway they were in, equally confused as to how this vessel was actually operating.

Unfastening his red axe from his hip, resting it beside, he then checked his wrist as he waited for Victoria's response. The smell alone was enough to warn of an infection already making itself home, which explained his sweating. Pulling free one of the sealant packs, he disassembled the casing and pulled the cartridge free. Its faint green appearance, sloshed inside as Darius ripped the needle off and poured a small portion onto the bite; hoping it'd be enough to manage through it. "Thank you for bringing these. Probably the best friend to have in any tight situation, never leave home without a few."

Lore Dump

Bashful Nymph

10,725 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
Pandolyn

Victoria Ann Black

She kept silent while they wandered blindly down the halls. It all was starting to blend together at this point. It was more important to listen for threats at this point anyway. As the hours passed, she would notice the cries and clawing sounds becoming more and more muted as they went deeper into this part of the ship. She was pretty sure they were safe from that threat at this point. Darius was apparently on the same page. Victoria would stop in her tracks, briefly watching him sit down before taking it upon herself to do the same.

Lowering the shotgun gently to the floor, Victoria slipped her arms out of the backpack straps before lowering to the floor. The backpack would land in her lap for the time being as she let her back rest against the wall. His question hit her ears as she opened one of the side pockets of her backpack. "Kaijax kindly gave me a 'gift' via the little stone masked in my pocket. Piece of the Philosopher's Stone. I was wondering where you were while playing with it while drinking at the bar in Mistica. Next thing I know, I was here." She would explain as she withdrew a small pack of several large pieces of beef jerky and a blood pack.

Setting the bag directly next to her, Victoria would start on the blood bag first. She knew she hadn't fed probably longer than she should have went without feeding. She could feel the thirst itching at the back of her throat, which was quickly gone once the blood hit it. She would nod her head gently at his thanks. "Of course. That bag is essentially a full mobile supply room. It's got everything in there. There is antibiotics and such in there as well, if you need any for that bite." She would say as Darius opened the packet and let it drip over the bite. "I usually make sure to have easy access to this sucker in case of an impromptu mission. Today's only plan was to get drunk alone at Mistica, so it was still at the flat." She'd say as she moved on to the pack of jerky.

Kawaii Warlord

Asturias Destiny

User Image
                                                          Dₐᵣᵢᵤₛ Dᵣₒₗₖₕₐᵣ

{[(𝙊𝙤𝘾: )]} - 𝙇𝙤𝙘𝙖𝙩𝙞𝙤𝙣: - 𝙈𝙤𝙤𝙙: - 𝘾𝙤𝙢𝙥𝙖𝙣𝙮:

The calorie stick swiveled about in his mouth as he listened, somewhat surprised with Kaijax's involvement, while not surprised at all, since that weasel manages to be the perfect aid to a problem when you least expect it. "That flickering rock you have? That's a piece of the philosopher's stone?" He was merely stupified at his own question, let alone how she just appeared right when he about to die. A soft chuckle came with a shake of his head, tucking his hair behind a pointed ear. "I'm sometimes if he does things intentional, or unintentional, at the right moments." He openly mused with a shuffle of the calorie stick in his mouth.

Nodding along to her words, while he forced himself to stay awake, he made note to get one of these bags for himself. Moments like these have become more frequent in recent weeks, leaving him to question the true motivation behind these attacks through the galaxy. "How were things there? Back at home-base? I'm pretty sure Arinna is at the other end of the galaxy and Kari should be on Cerel dealing with out symbolic summary to the council." He tapped his chin, seeming curious to how that is going, more so for his own species.

Bringing his attention to the present, he bit off a piece of his stick and checked the bite. "Never-mind actually. How are you doing? As you said, you were expecting to get drunk, not get thrown into this wonderful ship of pleasantries and fun." Even spending years living like this during the war, he never could find a way of summarizing his experience; even though he was reliving the very moment, more grateful for the unexpected saving grace of this alien section.

Lore Dump

Bashful Nymph

10,725 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
Pandolyn

Victoria Ann Black

At his question about the stone, Victoria would chuckle and nod her head. "No clue how he came upon it. That was the first time I'd seen him in a year or two. Something like that." She'd murmur lightly. Her gaze would return to the jerky pack in her lap. Ripping off a small piece, she would put it in her mouth as Darius continued to muse. Of course he would ask about home. Though she wasn't sure what home was anymore. "Quiet, mostly. With you guys gone on your missions, the Count and Countess have turned their focus to more present concerns. Not sure what those are exactly. Have seen anyone it in quite some time." She'd finish as she tore off another piece of jerky.

The bat on her shoulder would nuzzle against her neck. Both as an attempt to reassure her and to charge up its energy stores. Realizing she had been toying with the piece of jerky in her fingers, she would toss it into her mouth, her gaze drifting back to Darius as he asked how she was. "I'm alive, so I guess that's something? Been on my own the last couple years. With you gone, the rest of the group MIA on other missions, I've just been floating around. I pop back into Mistica once in a while in between contracts. See if anyone is around or pops in. But mostly to drink. Drinking and working is all there has been to do the last couple years, really." She'd say with a light shrug of her shoulders. "What got you to this point? What's the story with this place?" She would ask in an attempt to change the subject.

Kawaii Warlord

Asturias Destiny

User Image
                                                          Dₐᵣᵢᵤₛ Dᵣₒₗₖₕₐᵣ

{[(𝙊𝙤𝘾: Sorry, thought I hit send >.< )]} - 𝙇𝙤𝙘𝙖𝙩𝙞𝙤𝙣: Unknown - Dart Vessel - 𝙈𝙤𝙤𝙙: Better, Sore, Weak, Tired - 𝘾𝙤𝙢𝙥𝙖𝙣𝙮: Victoria

"A philosopher's stone?" Darius asked, puzzled at such odd-sounding words, "You just think stuff and things happen?" Again it was from Kaijax, anything that came as a gift became a headache with the tiny details to the likes of what was described. "Honestly thought you would have gotten the memo not to take anything from Kaijax. Quarvis is still trying to get the rash out from one of his gifts." He tried to hide his chuckle with a cough as he leaned into the curve of the wall, letting it cradle his upper body.

"Couple years? Been that long huh?" Scratching his head at the loss of time, left him pondering his limited amount here in this reality. Shoving the mortality check to the side for now, he simply nodded along as she spoke. His brows arched up at her question, a hand patting at his side. "After our little visit at the ship site, taking that busted power tool to a friend on Siema. He explained that it came from a fortress world out on the edge of core space - the start of the wildlands." Sitting back he fought with himself to mention the details of getting into a hairy dog fight and crashing his ship on the planet; saving it for another time he motioned for a water bottle.

" As for this place," He looked around at the alien architecture as it appeared to be seamless, smooth, with light rings lined evenly and parallel from each other racing down the hall. "Not what I thought. During the Kielstrava war, HKO used ships built around these designs to slam into the city from orbit to get troops on the ground." He shoved the sounds of the horrible noise to the side, ignoring the smells as they resurrected in his nose - quelling it with a deep sigh. "When I snuck onto this ship, I realized something was not right almost immediately. Damn thing took off. Then our friend over the speakers ended up slamming a blade through my stomach and kicking me down an elevator shaft. Then the hunt started, and four days later. You show up-." Blinking, still in absolute disbelief that it happened, "Literally out of thin air."

Lore Dump

Kawaii Warlord

{[(OoC: Seriously sorry >.< Thought I hit send and didn't)]}

Bashful Nymph

10,725 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
Pandolyn

Victoria Ann Black

"Piece of it, yes. And that's the only thing that's been happening so far. I'm going to need to do more research when we get back." Victoria would say simply as she continued snacking on her jerky. "I didn't think I did, I just looked at it, but I guess the stone connected to me on its own." She would reply in between bites of jerky. She caught the chuckle, a hint of a smirk tugging at the corner of her mouth. He needed the laugh.

She would nod her head faintly at his question. She would listen as he explained what happened. Seemed like he had been having a rather interesting turn of events. He had been through a lot, it seems. "Glad you've stayed alive ..." She would say quietly, holding his gaze for a long moment before look back down at her lap. There was one small piece of jerky left, so she popped it into her mouth.

Once she was done with the bite, she would glance back up to Darius. "I've been worried about you. And I've missed you. A lot." She would say simply with a light tilt of her head. Her hands were fidgeting in her lap as she watched him.

Kawaii Warlord

Asturias Destiny

User Image
                                                          Dₐᵣᵢᵤₛ Dᵣₒₗₖₕₐᵣ

{[(𝙊𝙤𝘾: )]} - 𝙇𝙤𝙘𝙖𝙩𝙞𝙤𝙣: Unknown - Dart Vessel - 𝙈𝙤𝙤𝙙: Sore, somewhat rested, confused - 𝘾𝙤𝙢𝙥𝙖𝙣𝙮: Victoria

Darius nodded with a touch of concern about the stone, the implications of a thought projected the wrong way could bring some unwanted issues for them both. Noticing the water bottle in the bag, he whisked it free from its pouch and drank from it. "Well, for now, keep it tucked aside. We don't know what it can do, alright?" He hoped his concern was transparent, twisting a bite from the stick as his attention scanned the other end of the hall.

Darius felt awkward hearing her words, not exactly one to be close with others, let alone in risky environments. Looking down at the bite in his arm, seeing the gel from the sealant slowly work the infection out of the wound, a bit of relief came as he looked back up to Victoria. "Victoria, I-"

The vessel rattled violently, with the ship groaning as it twisted, the lights flickering as the pair were suddenly tossed from one end to the other. Grabbing Victoria by the arm, pulling her close just before their entire world slammed into the other end of the hall. Opening his eyes, he noticed they were sitting on the ceiling of the ship, creating a unique sense of vertigo. "Are you alright?"

Lore Dump

Bashful Nymph

10,725 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
Pandolyn

Victoria Ann Black

Victoria would frown ever so slightly. She could hear the concern in his voice about the stone. "That was the plan. It hasn't left my pocket since I put it in there. And it's not coming out unless it is a dire emergency. I know the drill ..." She said flatly as he drank from one of her spare water bottles. She would look away, careful to keep her features neutral as she started adjusting the pockets of her backpack, it was very important to check her supplies at the moment.

Before she could think of a response, the lights did a jig and the ship decided to start spinning. Before she could react to the movement, Darius had her before the landed on the ceiling with a thud. Once things were stable, she would quickly slide away from his touch as she stood up. "Yeah, I'm fine. And forget I said anything. I know all of it is one sided and should just keep things to myself." She would say lightly as she looked either direction down the hall.

"Probably should move along for a bit. Who knows what that was about." She would say, briefly glancing at Darius. Returning her glance to her bag, Victoria would slip each arm through the straps, adjusting them a bit before grabbing the shotgun off the ground as she took a few steps the way they had been headed before their break. The new view was trippy, but nothing she couldn't adjust too.

Kawaii Warlord

Asturias Destiny

User Image
                                                          Dₐᵣᵢᵤₛ Dᵣₒₗₖₕₐᵣ

{[(𝙊𝙤𝘾: Yokay, I think five more post and we can hit the end of this and roll back to thew mistica <3 )]} - 𝙇𝙤𝙘𝙖𝙩𝙞𝙤𝙣: Alien Addition - Dart Vessel - 𝙈𝙤𝙤𝙙: Slightly Rested, Wounded, Stressed - 𝘾𝙤𝙢𝙥𝙖𝙣𝙮: Victoria

"Vic, that isn't what I meant. Once this is over, we can touch back on this, we just need to survive it." Straightening himself out as he grabbed his bag, he winced at her words with a frustrated sigh, swallowing his self-inflected pain, he started to keep pace with her as they ran down the hall. The energy of the ship seemed to be going in the opposite direction of where it was going originally, another shudder rattled throughout the ship before a series of cries rang out, reminding the pair of the horror that lingered around them. "Seems our friend is trying to push us out. Seems like we're not allowed a break.." A touch of complaining only added fuel to his fire, twirling his red axe free, a snap of his black flame, and the object shifted into an arm blade, retracting its deadly point.

His solid gold hues noticed an odd pull of the energy inside the walls, pointing to the left of the hall, he guided them towards a shaft that had a faint red light pulsing inside, twisting and swirling at the bottom of the pit, too far down for Darius to get a clear reading on. "Are you able to make out what's down that shaft? Energy seems to be reacting to the area." He asked, looking inside the shaft for any cables to possibly ride on.

Lore Dump

Bashful Nymph

10,725 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
Pandolyn

Victoria Ann Black

[[ OoC: Sounds good! ]]

Victoria thought it best not to say anything. This wasn't the time or place to be having any sort of conversations. Let alone important ones. She knew better than that. If there was awkwardness, it was muted by the rippling energy and echoing cries reminding them where they were. There was no time for that either if they wanted to survive. She easily kept pace with Darius, her shotgun at the ready with a dagger with easy reach. Just in case.

At Daruis' comment, she would simply nod, her gaze darting briefly behind them to stay alert of their full surroundings. Her blue gray gaze would follow his golden gaze as he guided them to the left and a faint red light. Crouching to get a good look into the shaft, she could see the swirls of energy in the pit below. With a faint frown, Victoria would reach out with her senses with a light tilt of her head. The center of the energy would begin to take shape. "I think it's the core we were looking for. Obviously not one hundred percent sure since I don't know the specs or blueprints of this part of the ship .... but by appearance, that seems to be what we are looking at." She would explain as she glanced at Darius.

Kawaii Warlord

User Image
                                                          Dₐᵣᵢᵤₛ Dᵣₒₗₖₕₐᵣ

{[(𝙊𝙤𝘾: Holy s**t Im drunk af )]} - 𝙇𝙤𝙘𝙖𝙩𝙞𝙤𝙣: Unknown - Dar Vessel - 𝙈𝙤𝙤𝙙: Curious - 𝘾𝙤𝙢𝙥𝙖𝙣𝙮: Victoria

He held his red dagger in one hand, then with the other, he used his shirshori to draw out every ounce of metal he had on his body. "Something tells me, it's about to get weird." He muttered as he bonded the metals to each other before flinging the red dagger into a spot just above them.

Stepping into the shaft with the metallic rope neatly bonded to his body, he looked down before tossing his bag down to the bottom. His expression tilted with wonder as he witnessed the contents of the bag freeze mid-fall. "Shunka..." He muttered as he figured this was about to become a pain in the a**. "Seems gravity got flipped, literally. Well, normally I'd ask you out on a date before getting this close." He stepped to the side, allowing her to jump onto his back.

Lore Dump

Meanwhile

User Image

𝕜ꪖⅈ𝕛ꪖ᥊

{[(ꪮꪮᥴ: )]} - ꪶꪮᥴꪖ𝕥ⅈꪮꪀ: Library - ꪑꪮꪮᦔ: Bored - ᥴꪮꪑρꪖꪀꪗ: Alone sad

Kaijax was fiddling with a book, scribbling whatever he felt was correct in the ancient manuscript. When he finished he just tossed it aside before turning to the next book in the library; still attempting to solve the recent wonder of what's her name just vanished without magic assistance on top of it. "Was it the stone?" He asked out loud as he skimmed the pages of a book labeled something about hermits, gently setting it aside before plucking another. "Why must I be such a pawn in my own games?" He asked allowed, in hopes someone was near by; giving up he looked up with a bit of a frown, "Oi! What did she do!? I gave her the stupid rock! You did not just play me!?" Kaijax asked the operator, yet nothing came as a reply, "Typical, just does things and leaves me around to solve how." He muttered to himself before taking a drink from a bottle he stole from Victoria.

A strange sensation rippled from afar, robbing Kai's attention as he aimed the bottle towards his mouth, pouring the contents over himself and the floor. Goosebumps washing in like waves as his psyche flared to life, sensing something ancient stir awake, "T-That....that's not right...." He felt a tinge catch in his throat as a cold heat focused along his forehead, he actually felt Arinna for a moment - yet, not here? tossing the wasted bottle into a trash can. Kaijax grabbed the kaleidoscope from earlier and scanned for Arinna; checking where he thought he saw her before. Only to realize that he was wrong, matter of fact, he was actually seeing his own foot. "Oh, oh, nonono." That sensation boomed once again inside Kai, the rippling sensation demanding an answer as it rattle his consciousness, "Your kind should be gone!" Grabbing his head, eyes wide with out right terror. Fumbling for his flute with pure panic, he needed to get to Arinna before it was too late.

Bashful Nymph

10,725 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
Pandolyn

Victoria Ann Black

Victoria would watch quietly, her gaze moving between Darius and what he was doing and the core down below. The metal trick was pretty fascinating, but so was the bag now floating in midair down below. She wasn't sure what the plan was in the first place, but most of all, how that plan was even gong to get accomplished with the new issue of gravity. Glancing back to Darius, a hint of a smirk tugged at the corner of her lips. "Rain check for when we're back." She would muse jokingly as she adjusted her gun strap so it was more secure on her shoulder. She would then gently wrap her arms around his chest securely before wrapping her legs around his waist and letting her head rest against his shoulder. This way his arms were free and she could easily access any of her stuff if she needed. "Alright. Shall we get this sci-fi show on the road?" Victoria would say lightly with a chuckle.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff