Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dedicated Lunatic

Zeklomontu

Sutoraifu Cloud

Light cautiously watched Artemis, then stood still for a moment as he stood up. The pup finally crawled out from under the bush and softly padded over to Artemis's feet. She kept her tail close to her haunches, her fluffy ears drooping apologetically. It was obvious she wasn't really in trouble, but it was clear she felt bad about biting him so hard.

But then a rustle caught her drooped ears, and she lifted her head to catch the scent of a newcomer. Looking about, her vermilion eyes caught one of her crows flying around to curiously survey a large bird that looked like some sort of yellow elephant bird with reins attached to it. It looked like an awkward thing to ride, but some people preferred riding strange things. The wolf pup turned her head to barely catch a blond-haired man enter the inn. She sniffed again and looked up at Artemis.
Artemis looked down at her and shook his head, chuckling a bit. He looked over at the entrance of the inn, noticing a man walking in. He glanced down at Light before heading inside, to welcome the newcomer and to clean up his hand. When he got inside, he headed over to the bar, walking behind it to the sink. He looked over at the newcomer and smiled warmly at him. "Welcome to the Krahe Moon Inn." He turned on the sink and started to wash off his hand.
There sure was a lot of tigers around here. Aileen couldn't help herself but feel a but... Unoriginal, if that's how you can put it. "Interesting." It did peak Aileens curiosity. Something was itching at her from inside her skin, but she ignored it as best as she could. The tigress stood up and looked towards the inn, then back at the way she had came from. She didn't exactly feel as hungry as she did thirsty. "Aye Silver, is it okay if I rent out a room to take a shower, find some cloths and I'll pay you when I find a job?" Job. The word came out as if it were foreign to Aileen. It made her chuckle to herself.

Dedicated Lunatic

::[[ No Cloud? Okay then... ]]::

Light followed Artemis to the sink and hopped up on the counter. At first she seemed just fine, standing next to the faucet and taking a drink from the flowing water while it was still cool before Artemis would undoubtedly change it to a warmer temperature. Then once she took her drink she laid down, her paws hanging over the edge of the sink. She breathed heavily through her nose as if it were hard to breathe, her ears drooping tiredly. The color in her eyes had faded slightly and her gaze focused on nothing at all.

Silver looked up at Aileen and pushed himself to stand. Whatever the guest at the pond was up to, she would undoubtedly be just fine. It certainly was odd that there were so many tiger creatures, but to Silver each one was very unique even in race. Assuming Aileen was ready to go inside, he began to tread his heavy paws back toward the inn. He swished his tail as she said she would pay for everything, physically dismissing that offer. "You're welcome to whatever room you like, no payment necessary. If you insist on some sort of payment, you could always help with the few guests that wander in. Sound fair?"
Artemis watched Light drink the water coming from the faucet, waiting until she was done to heat it up. When she finished, he heated up the water and started to clean off his hand while he watched her, noticing she was looking odd, really tired. "What's wrong? Do you want to get some rest?" After washing his hand, he found something to wrap his hand in and started to wrap it, a process he was well used to.
"Sounds awesome!" Aileen grinned over at Silver, spinning before she began to skip back to the inn. It must have been a while since she slept inside, it's going to be hard to get used to again. "Though, I hope I don't scare anyone away." It was quite possible. If someone creepy had walked in she might act ferocious and bite his head off. But what are the chances of that happening?

Dedicated Lunatic

The pup only nodded. She felt drained, tired, almost nauseous. It came over her so fast, she didn't really know what was going on. Light felt bad though. Artemis just came back and here he was, already having to babysit her sorry a**.

Silver easily followed Aileen, shifting back into his more human form as he walked. Soon his four legs were two and his mental voice became a physical voice. It was a bit easier to talk that way at times. He chuckled and watched Aileen, amused that she was so cheerful to be here.
"I don't think there's anyone to scare off anyway."
Artemis nodded and smiled warmly at her, completely understanding that she was tired. From what he had seen and what he was told, she hadn't done this much in a long time. He finished wrapping his hand up and turned the water off. "Alright. Let's go to your room." He walked over to her and carefully picked her up in his arms. He walked out of the bar area and made his way to her room, remembering how they had gotten from there. When they arrived at the room, he went straight over to the bed and laid her down, sitting down next to her.

Dedicated Lunatic

Light said nothing, becoming a ragdoll in Artemis's arms. By the time she was set on the bed, she already appeared to be asleep.

But Light and Artemis weren't alone in the room. Light sleeping was always the best time for Jakkino to appear. Otherwise there might be even more trouble than there already was. Jakkino's ghostly form faded into view out on the balcony, a polite distance away. "She should be happy right now. But she still seems lost."
Artemis let out a small sigh, lightly resting his hand on Light while he watched her sleep. He hoped that he wasn't too late in coming back.He wished he could help her more than this, but he didn't know what to do exactly. One would think after living so long and going through all he went through, he would have figured most things out by now, but he wasn't even close to anything important. So lost in thought, the soul weaver barely registered that someone spoke nearby. Looking over towards the sound, he saw a ghost on the balcony. He didn't think too much of it though, he couldn't say he was surprised by it. Though, what the ghost said was much more interesting than the ghost itself. Artemis nodded slowly and looked down at Light. "That's true. I'm trying to help her, but it looks like I'm not doing very much."

Dedicated Lunatic

"She got a new scar while you were away. Quite nasty collars those were. Do you remember how limp she gets when hit?" Jakkino had a round-about way of talking, like his father Sayne. Much like his father, it was because he had all the time in the world to spare. Time passed slowly when you were a ghost with boundaries. He watched Artemis petting Light, wondering if she even registered his touch in her subconscious. She seemed so numb, so different.
Artemis let out another sigh when the ghost mentioned another scar and the collars that caused it. However, he shook his head to his question, not ever recalling a time when she was hit whenever he was around. That wasn't something that would have been remotely tolerated around him. "I can't say I recall any incident when I was around."

Dedicated Lunatic

"That's right...You weren't quite yourself when that happened." Jakkino recalled to himself when Artemis had been trapped in a metal cage to keep from harming himself and others. He remembered watching in anguish as Light tempted fate when she relieved Robyn of watch duty only to enter the cage and tempt her own fate and demise. He never knew how much Artemis remembered from that time, though he wouldn't be surprised if he hardly remembered at all. "The collar scars of course, were not caused by you. You see, only the Ihwaz have those collars. The spikes pierce deep into the flesh and deplete the body of blood, which is how Purgatory demon magic works. Not a day goes by that I do not see the day they came for her."
It took a moment for Artemis to figure out what the ghost was talking about, but once he did, he understood. Of course he had no idea. He didn't remember anything during that certain time of the year in his life, that's how it was every time. He had to suppress a growl of anger when the ghost talked about who gave the scars to her. He knew, one day, he would find a way to make up for all that has went wrong in her life and get revenge on those that caused it. But he knew it wasn't anytime soon, making sure she was alright was his top priority. "I understand. I'm sure I would feel the same as you if I had to witness that."

Dedicated Lunatic

Jakkino could only imagine Artemis's guilt of not even remembering wrongdoing Light in his destructive state. He didn't know what was worse: Knowing you did something terrible and remembering every moment or knowing but not remembering one bit of it. Despite Artemis swallowing his anger and frustration, Jakkino still sensed it flare up. Luckily Jakkino in his current state could not be touched by any physical or supernatural force due to the sad truth that his soul now lie elsewhere, locked away where even he could not free himself. He did not despair however, it was better that he not be able to manifest and make history repeat itself. "It would be even worse if you played a part."

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff