Welcome to Gaia! ::

Weather Report: Cool autumn winds blow multi-colored leaves and the smell of apples and pumpkin spice down the streets of Durem.

. 1 100.0% [ 22 ]
Total Votes:[ 22 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 1055 1056 1057 > >> >>> »|

High-functioning Bibliophile

9,800 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Timid 100
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Iris slowly opened her eyes. While her eyes were closed there was a flash of light and it made her uneasy. She decided to move on with the object in her hand. She carefully unwrapped the item on the table to reveal an Aquarian Tarot card deck. It laid face down on the patched cloth that was now unwrapped and smoothed out on the table. To Iris this deck was the most precious thing to her and she treated it as such. "Hello Dragonsong." She said in a warm voice to it. Carefully she picked it up and started to shuffle the deck. It was almost meditational to her. She took deep calming breaths and closed her eyes. If anyone could see on the cloth they would notice two well worn cards laying on it from a different tarot card deck. Anyone able to see magical residue would notice those two cards were a lot stronger than the deck Iris was currently holding.

Godly Demigod

15,990 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
*Hito sighed as he rubbed the back of his head.*

"Its not ment to be quick shop keep. Its used more for a distraction.Plus demons find the holy light unbearable.Heh...My Gales arm has a lot of tricks my man.Some better than others."

*Hito sheathed his scythe as he placed his hands in his pockets and walked with a cool flare about him.*

"Sometimes you just gotta buy time.*smirk*"

Dangerous Dabbler

5,300 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Brandisher 100
She rubbed at her eyes, with her right hand while her left clutched the cursed book tightly to her chest. The after image of bright blue stung her vision despite the the store's return to normal light. Sera shook her head, hair falling loose from behind her ear as she sidled her way towards the table with the mysterious woman still concealed in her cloak. She sat, placing the ill worn book on the table in front of her as her vision began to clear.

"What's in the bag?" Sera asked, lifting her chin slightly to motion towards the small object that the mysterious woman had removed from her cloak.

She found herself faltering for a moment, Rosso's words not lost on her as she slowly turned her gaze to the shop owner's own. There was no way he could have known what she was...

Unless...

She shook her head a little, making a mental note and returning her attention to the woman and the cards that she had placed on the table.

"You read tarot?"

9,800 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Timid 100

Iris still shuffling the deck looked up and smiled at the woman. "Yes I do. I guess I am a dabbler in many arts but master of none. I also like amulets and potions but I cannot do too much of those. Spell casting is only a bit better. Tarot however I really enjoy. Would you like me to do a reading for you?" She asked the woman with a warm smile. She stopped shuffling to discover what the young woman's answer will be. Iris enjoyed reading new people as long as they were willing. She refuses to read unwilling people since they tend to draw bad luck to themselves when they force a reading.

((OOC: if anyone wants Iris to do a reading send me a PM and we will work out the details of how it will go.))

((Edit OOC: for some reason I cannot respond to your PM SeraBevin. I can read them however. So if you are interested just send me a message of what your character expects from the reading and what she wants to know. [Personality info always helps too]))

Dangerous Dabbler

5,300 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Brandisher 100
Sera bit her lip, eyeing the cards with a guarded interest. She had never had her cards read, though she had always found herself wondering if there was more substance behind their mystique. She slid her hand forward, not quite reaching the book she had pulled off the shelf with her as her gaze lingered on the cards for another moment.

"I dunno," she intoned before shaking her head and looking up at the woman with a bit of apprehension.

It had only been recently that her heritage had come to light. Up until then, Sera had always assumed that the strange occurrences and sudden changes around her had been some kind of strange coincidence. However, the more she explored, the more evidence came to light that exposed her for the half-breed angel that she really was. She dropped her gaze, hand sliding back off the table and into her lap as she shook her head again.

"Thanks for the offer, but..." She opened her mouth, words stalling on her tongue. She knew what she was... but the mystery behind her parentage still terrified her.

9,800 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Timid 100

Iris smiled kindly and continued to shuffle the cards. "That's alright. If you change your mind let me know. I would be happy to help you read them." She says while returning her attention to the deck. As she shuffled the deck her eyes would occasionally flick to the two cards left on the cloth from a different deck. Even though they were face down Iris knew exactly which cards they were. Eventually Iris focused completely back to Dragonsong, her deck, and took the deep calming breaths again.

Dangerous Dabbler

5,300 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Brandisher 100
The young woman hesitated, gaze flicking nervously to the shop owner before she returned her attention to the woman shuffling the cards before her.

"Wait..."

Sera paused, uncertain with herself as she took in the sight of the cards once again. This could be her chance. This could be her one shot to finally discover not only if her suspicions were correct, but to discover her true lineage as well.

"I think... I think maybe, I do want a reading."

9,800 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Timid 100

Iris nodded. "Alright. First I want you to shuffle Dragonsong and allow your mind to focus on your questions. Let me know when you want me to start." It was important to emphasise a reading is not to be rushed. She handed over the deck and picked up the two different cards. One was the Empress card the other was the High Priestess. Iris allowed herself to meditate with these two cards while the young woman shuffled her deck.

((OOC: if anyone wants to talk to or interact with Iris now is the time XD))

Rosso Mohan's Waifu

Demonic Werewolf

User Image

Lucy had awakened up in the room that no one but herself and Ross was allowed in. She uncurled herself from a ball to stretch out. Her crimson eyes blinking several times until they were use to the dark. She couldn't remember at all how she got there or where she was truly at until she could hear voices from above her. She rose to her feet after finding her corset to slip back on.

As she found the stairs she tried to recall the last thing she remembered. As she climbed the stairs she caught the smell of books. Old as well as new ones. She paused there on the stairs thinking. The last thing she remembered was her wolf taking over her body. It was like watching a horror movie that she couldn't look away. "Ross!?!?" She whispered in horror. The wolf had attacked him. "The roof!! Oh god!!" She ran up the rest of the stairs. Thankful that she didn't put her boots back on. She was unsure how much time had pasted since the night on the roof. Was he even okay? She found her way out but found the door locked. Sure how to unlock it was right there but Lucy didn't have time for locks. She took a step back and brought her leg up to her chest. With a hard thrust outwards she kicked the door open. It would open with a bang that everyone would hear.

9,800 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Timid 100

Iris's head shot up from meditating at the sound of the loud bang. She looked around but didn't see anything. Frowning a little she listened for any other sounds that may tell if the situation was threatening or not. Just to be on the safe side she grabbed the large pouch she had placed on the table. Tarot cards were not the only thing it had held.

10,225 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
User Image
A shout could be heard before a repeated phrase was being shouted, getting louder and louder as the source came closer and closer to the shop. "Door open! Door open! Door open! Door open!" A voice shouted and the door opened, a blur riding in. The figure tumbled before landing hard against a book case, the mass of books falling off the shelves. There was a giant paintbrush hovering in front of the pile as a head emerged, climbing out of the pile a little. "Ow... That is the last time I let a goblin fix my brush..." She mumbled, rubbing her head.

Angelic Hunter

Ross wandered away from the man with a shrug of his shoulder.

He watched as the door swung open violently and something crashed into the room. The door gently shut with the sound of chimes. He watched the angel sit by the cloaked woman. He cards were outstanding, clearly not a simple tarot deck. He'd have to check them out at some point, find out what exactly they were. But at the moment, he had to find out what had just blasted like a rocket through his building.

He passed down a hall of books and objects. It was there he found a younger woman holding a large brush. He watched her stand and dust herself off.

"You... Okay?"

Not but a few seconds did he say the words before a loud crash came from the basement. His eyes shot to the basement stairs.

10,225 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
User Image
Looking up, she saw someone there and she let out a nervous laugh, pulling her large brush and trying to hide it behind her. "I-I'm okay. Um... Let me..." She waved her hand over the pile and everything flew back up onto the shelves they were knocked from. Everything was back to where they were before she had come crashing through. "Sorry about that... I am still getting used to flying my brush. See... Around the age of ten, witches leave home and have to live on their own for at least a year. Unfortunately I started mine a bit late...six years late... Still haven't really gotten very good yet..." She let out another nervous laugh, hoping the guy there wasn't mad or kick her out. She hadn't been able to find a place to live or a job yet. Her magic wasn't exactly like other witch magic, her family line was...different.

Hallowed Conventioneer

5,925 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Signature Look 250
User Image

Mana Usagi

Mana had somehow ended up in Halloween town not that he even knew at the moment. His mind was gone, trapped under a lot of mental programming and sent on a mission by some unknown buyer of objects. The six year old child scanned the store front with pale red eyes and entered the shop. Books everywhere and some odd items could be seen. The child just went over to the counter and waited quietly as his mind went over his commands.

Scanning scanning...currently stable mind.

Dangerous Dabbler

5,300 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Brandisher 100
Sera startled, the flurry of action in the once quiet store catching her completely by surprise. Her eyes danced around the room, fingers lightly gripping the seat beneath her as she absorbed all the activity. However, it was the loud bang that caused her to jump slightly, eyes wide and alert as she tried to find the source of the noise.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff