• Citizen 200
  • Married 100
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
Dan Phantom Maxwell
Sirea Angelie
Dan Phantom Maxwell
Sirea Angelie
Jilmita

Jil sips on her drink as she listens to Dan. "Well, the plan I have so far is making the bar a bit bigger and dividing it into stations. So we would have a coffee station and a smoothie one, etc. This will make storage a bit easier to handle. Also, I think we should have an outside area to enjoy drinks and meals." She sips on her Irish coffee. "I can get Sister Dryad or sister Alraune to come over and make the garden area. The outside seating area should have a garden."

Jil nods her head in agreement. "No, I'm one hundred percent with you on this. I do understand it was a hard choice, we have talked often about it and how you saw the bar as a home." She then lets out a soft breath. "Although I still feel as if some may be a bit more reluctant to move out. Even with what you say. Maybe you should start charging for daycare services as well as the cost of the room." She said it half-heartedly in case nobody liked the idea.

Jil thinks as she listens. "It's like I have heard before, the hardest magic is the type you don't use at all." She then holds up a hand as she winks. "Hey, my dad is a wizard and I do have it in my blood. Although not that strong I have to admit and thanks to my Siren half it's tied to my voice, singing rather. So I can't learn magic." She takes a moment to think about this next part. "Yeah, I can understand that. We have done a lot to help people out before, right? We all pitch in with whatever we had before."
"That I can understand. I still feel that way myself, though I've already started moving things over to the manor as well as Xena and Zelda. They're just as reluctant on moving out themselves. They basically grew up here so it's harder on them." Sirea said with a frown. "If we were to start charging for daycare, we would need someone who's willing to handle watching over the kids. Also it would be the parent's responsibility to inform us of any special needs their child would need to have as well as any particular ailments. Failure to do so, they will be held accountable if something happens to their child or if they cause a serious problem in relation to their special needs or ailments. However, my other concern is that Haffa's is a dangerous spot in itself. While it has its share of attacks and devastation, it also has seen its share of death. I can't guarantee a child would be completely safe here, let alone my own's safety." She said as she looked away for a moment, thinking about when Xchtol killed Xena and Zelda. "If they're still willing to bring their kid over, they would have to sign a waiver due to such potential risk."

She then gave a nod. "I want to bring that back again...everyone united to protect this place and town with everything they have, not run away to some magical getaway knowing people are risking their very lives." She said. "It makes us look weak and easy to push over. We gotta change that. We have to remind them all that Haffa's is strong, and won't go down without a fight."

On the subject of Jil's idea, Sirea tilted her head slightly in thought. "We do have that herb garden in the back area. Perhaps we can add to it with more flowers for aesthetics?" She then looked at Dan. "Thoughts?"

"This is all you guys. I don't even work here." Dan said raising his bottle.
"And? You have the run down on how this place works, whether you work here or not." She said.

"True. I guess. How about a designated fighting area. Now I'm not saying a place where we gonna direct every villain who comes in to go there. I mean for more....friendly fights and maybe if a barfight tries to break out, making the two drunks go beat the s**t outta each other in the ring." He looked at Jil. "That's all I got unless you want to add a taco bar," he said with a grin.
She seemed to take a moment to think on the idea of a fighting area. "How about somewhere in the basement level? If I recall right, didn't Shadow once made a room for training? Maybe we could use that for our fighting area?" She asked. "I know we do have alot of people here who do love a good spar or two, though of course, that would mean we would have to limit a few things to keep things fair, and for safety for those involved, but for the safety of the bar and its patrons. How about this: No magic, powers, or even weapons are to be used while using the fighting area? Yeah, we may have those who want to go beyond, but it might be a bit overkill for certain people if we allow those in the ring."

Romantic Dreamer

dark_serena07
Dan Phantom Maxwell

Sirea Angelie

Jil laughed sotly after hearing Dan then shook her head. "Sorry, drinks only. No taco or even a salad bar." As she hears Sirea she glances over. "Well, I know a spot I'm never going near." She glances around then shrugs her shoulders. "What? I'm no fighter. I've never been thrilled about having to fight."

---------------------------------------------

((Can't resist joke!))

From the stairs a voice could suddenly only be heard. "Mom! Where are my lucky roller skates?! You know! The pair with "Saturday Night Fever!" printed on the side!" Niede, well, the reborn version of her had finally hit ten years old and her past self had been giving fashion advice. Unfortuantely it had not caught up with the times.

President Rabbit

10,350 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
Jilmita
dark_serena07
Dan Phantom Maxwell

Sirea Angelie

Jil laughed sotly after hearing Dan then shook her head. "Sorry, drinks only. No taco or even a salad bar." As she hears Sirea she glances over. "Well, I know a spot I'm never going near." She glances around then shrugs her shoulders. "What? I'm no fighter. I've never been thrilled about having to fight."

((Can't resist joke!))

From the stairs a voice could suddenly only be heard. "Mom! Where are my lucky roller skates?! You know! The pair with "Saturday Night Fever!" printed on the side!" Niede, well, the reborn version of her had finally hit ten years old and her past self had been giving fashion advice. Unfortuantely it had not caught up with the times.

"Guess it's safe to assume that one clearing in the forest with the training dummies has been razed over then." She shrugged before her ears perked at hearing Niede. She walked over to the stairs. "Did you try behind that box in the back corner of your closet?!" She called back.

Nine-tailed Fox

26,950 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Married 100
Jilmita
dark_serena07
Dan Phantom Maxwell

Sirea Angelie

((Can't resist joke!))

She shook her head slightly. "Never said it was for everyone. Back during Haffa's earliest days, we've attracted alot of fighters, Nightwing being among those along with the fact that our founder is a saiyan. So it would be something for those who want a good spar or get the fighting rush out of their system."

Romantic Dreamer

dark_serena07
Sirea Angelie

Jil nos her head to Sirea. "I know and I understand that. I just wanted to voice my opinion. Good luck getting it so people don't blow up the place .... again." She had heard the stories about the place being blown up every now and then.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Niede was at the top of the stairs, she was wearing baby blue bellbottoms, her top was a floral design and looked light and airy, the sleeves started opaque but as they went to her hands they flared out as well and became semi-transparent. She was wearing a pair of clunky platform shoes that did make her look taller, maybe now she would look the height of her Dad. "Oh! I thought I did, I'll check again." She went back into her room and checked. She groaned softly. Why did her mom always know?! It must be magic she decided.

She grabbed a backpack and then went downstairs. "I'm going Roller Skating for a few hours. Work up an appetite for supper. My past life helped me pick out this outfit, she said my threads were out of sight."

President Rabbit

10,350 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
Jilmita
dark_serena07
Sirea Angelie

Jil nos her head to Sirea. "I know and I understand that. I just wanted to voice my opinion. Good luck getting it so people don't blow up the place .... again." She had heard the stories about the place being blown up every now and then.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Niede was at the top of the stairs, she was wearing baby blue bellbottoms, her top was a floral design and looked light and airy, the sleeves started opaque but as they went to her hands they flared out as well and became semi-transparent. She was wearing a pair of clunky platform shoes that did make her look taller, maybe now she would look the height of her Dad. "Oh! I thought I did, I'll check again." She went back into her room and checked. She groaned softly. Why did her mom always know?! It must be magic she decided.

She grabbed a backpack and then went downstairs. "I'm going Roller Skating for a few hours. Work up an appetite for supper. My past life helped me pick out this outfit, she said my threads were out of sight."

Serena looked Niede over and nodded with a smile. "Have fun and don't hesitate to call if you need help."

Timely Phantom

Sirea Angelie
Dan Phantom Maxwell
Sirea Angelie
Dan Phantom Maxwell
Sirea Angelie
Jilmita

Jil sips on her drink as she listens to Dan. "Well, the plan I have so far is making the bar a bit bigger and dividing it into stations. So we would have a coffee station and a smoothie one, etc. This will make storage a bit easier to handle. Also, I think we should have an outside area to enjoy drinks and meals." She sips on her Irish coffee. "I can get Sister Dryad or sister Alraune to come over and make the garden area. The outside seating area should have a garden."

Jil nods her head in agreement. "No, I'm one hundred percent with you on this. I do understand it was a hard choice, we have talked often about it and how you saw the bar as a home." She then lets out a soft breath. "Although I still feel as if some may be a bit more reluctant to move out. Even with what you say. Maybe you should start charging for daycare services as well as the cost of the room." She said it half-heartedly in case nobody liked the idea.

Jil thinks as she listens. "It's like I have heard before, the hardest magic is the type you don't use at all." She then holds up a hand as she winks. "Hey, my dad is a wizard and I do have it in my blood. Although not that strong I have to admit and thanks to my Siren half it's tied to my voice, singing rather. So I can't learn magic." She takes a moment to think about this next part. "Yeah, I can understand that. We have done a lot to help people out before, right? We all pitch in with whatever we had before."
"That I can understand. I still feel that way myself, though I've already started moving things over to the manor as well as Xena and Zelda. They're just as reluctant on moving out themselves. They basically grew up here so it's harder on them." Sirea said with a frown. "If we were to start charging for daycare, we would need someone who's willing to handle watching over the kids. Also it would be the parent's responsibility to inform us of any special needs their child would need to have as well as any particular ailments. Failure to do so, they will be held accountable if something happens to their child or if they cause a serious problem in relation to their special needs or ailments. However, my other concern is that Haffa's is a dangerous spot in itself. While it has its share of attacks and devastation, it also has seen its share of death. I can't guarantee a child would be completely safe here, let alone my own's safety." She said as she looked away for a moment, thinking about when Xchtol killed Xena and Zelda. "If they're still willing to bring their kid over, they would have to sign a waiver due to such potential risk."

She then gave a nod. "I want to bring that back again...everyone united to protect this place and town with everything they have, not run away to some magical getaway knowing people are risking their very lives." She said. "It makes us look weak and easy to push over. We gotta change that. We have to remind them all that Haffa's is strong, and won't go down without a fight."

On the subject of Jil's idea, Sirea tilted her head slightly in thought. "We do have that herb garden in the back area. Perhaps we can add to it with more flowers for aesthetics?" She then looked at Dan. "Thoughts?"

"This is all you guys. I don't even work here." Dan said raising his bottle.
"And? You have the run down on how this place works, whether you work here or not." She said.

"True. I guess. How about a designated fighting area. Now I'm not saying a place where we gonna direct every villain who comes in to go there. I mean for more....friendly fights and maybe if a barfight tries to break out, making the two drunks go beat the s**t outta each other in the ring." He looked at Jil. "That's all I got unless you want to add a taco bar," he said with a grin.
She seemed to take a moment to think on the idea of a fighting area. "How about somewhere in the basement level? If I recall right, didn't Shadow once made a room for training? Maybe we could use that for our fighting area?" She asked. "I know we do have alot of people here who do love a good spar or two, though of course, that would mean we would have to limit a few things to keep things fair, and for safety for those involved, but for the safety of the bar and its patrons. How about this: No magic, powers, or even weapons are to be used while using the fighting area? Yeah, we may have those who want to go beyond, but it might be a bit overkill for certain people if we allow those in the ring."

"Nah. I want this maybe in a building attached to the bar. Maybe a walkway from the kitchen door to a building. I want people to be able to go all out. Powers and whatever. Just let it all out." Dan clarified. Hearing Serena, he shook his head. "Hell no. Whatcha think I been using to get out agression. Only place I know where the dummies put themselves back together."

Timely Phantom

Jilmita
dark_serena07
Sirea Angelie

"They are most definitely groovy," Dan said with a chuckle.

Invisible Prophet

Name: Jacob Eadwald
The whole idea of walking everywhere was really a tedious strain on one’s constitution. And yet here was a six-foot-tall gentleman, wearing out his good leather boots on the most basic act of human transportation. Just to leave his vehicle to approach the structure he had been directed to. Seriously. Why would anyone build a bar in the middle of the forest when somewhere in town with the general population would be far more profitable? Oh well, it mattered not to him, for he wasn’t there to judge. He was there to find someone.

Thus, entered Jacob Eadwald, dressed in a fine attire that was clearly designed by one of the more elitist fashion houses of the world. More tastefully fashionable than ridiculously obscure and only found on the runway. His chiseled chin, sculpted nose, and high brow indicated the kind of selective breeding his familial connections adhered to, with his raven hair trimmed short and swept to the side. The only thing that might look remotely off about his hair was the grey streak that one normally did not find in someone as young-looking as this pompous human.

With his chin held high and his eyes looking down his nose, Jacob made his way to the bar with his cell phone in one hand. He idly thumbed at the screen with a bored expression on his face while he ordered something to drink without directly looking at anyone in particular.

“Jim Bean, straight.”

His voice sounded as though he breathed through his nose. Not obnoxiously like Steven Urkel, as the pitch of his voice was significantly deeper. But there was a quality to it that sounded as though he was congested.

Nine-tailed Fox

26,950 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Married 100
Dan Phantom Maxwell
"Nah. I want this maybe in a building attached to the bar. Maybe a walkway from the kitchen door to a building. I want people to be able to go all out. Powers and whatever. Just let it all out." Dan clarified. Hearing Serena, he shook his head. "Hell no. Whatcha think I been using to get out agression. Only place I know where the dummies put themselves back together."
"Though there's gonna be a problem with that. 'Going all out' with powers and all will not exactly end well with certain parties involved. I for one am not up for having to deal with constant piles of dead bodies in a building like that. You gotta remember there are those who have no powers and magic, and that would put them at a complete disadvantage against those who do. If we're gonna have this fight arena, I want this to be fair for all involved." She said as she looked at Dan before glancing over to Jil. "That's part of the reason why I'd rather limit the use of powers and abilities, aside from the fact I want to make it fair for those who lack such abilities. Again, there's been too much reliance on magic and powers that our enemies are using that fact against us. Besides, it wouldn't exactly hurt for them to challenge themselves to see how far they can go without their powers...to see how they can go all out that way."

Romantic Dreamer

dark_serena07
Dan Phantom Maxwell

Sirea Angelie
Disenchanted Muse

Niede hugs her mom and then taps her ear. "I got you on speed dial just in case." She then smiles at Dan's compliment. "Thanks! I do have to admit liking being taller thanks to the boots." She then steps out before putting her roller skates on and putting her platform shoes in her backpack. She was not allowed to wear the roller skates indoors. With that done she sets off.

-----------------------------------------------------

Jil nods her head as she listens. "Yeah, that's probably for the best then. It would be pretty hard to contain some things, right?" She turns her attention to the man who just walked in after getting his order she salutes him with her mug of Irish Coffee. "Names Ji, I'm the bartender. One Jim Beam, neat coming right up." She does not even have to look as she first grabs a glass and then a bottle. She pours the bottle into the glass and then sets the bottle down. "Nice choice, although I have to admit to being a SoCo gal."

Invisible Prophet

Jilmita

“Pleasure, Ti.”

The man said absently with a wave as his eyes remained glued to his phone’s screen as he continued to thumb-tap and swipe at it with his other hand. When Jil serves up his drink, he disinterestedly picks up the glass and takes a sip. His nose scrunches with a cringe and he spits the fluid back into the glass before examining it.

“Ugh. This is not Jim Bean. Why did you serve me Hennessy?”

He pushes the glass away from him and turns to gag, his body convulsing in a way that would give the impression that he was having a rather negative reaction. Shaking his head and drawing a handkerchief to his mouth, the man rolls his eyes and steadies his breathing some before waving the awful beverage away.

“Never mind that. I’m looking for someone. Short, pointed ears, otherwise nondescript. Used to work for my uncle as a maid until the government seized his assets. Been trying to round up all of his former servants so they can come to work for me, what with how hard it is to find good help these days. Think her name started with a Y…or maybe it was a W. Definitely one of those lilting letters.”

He said sounding a mix of bored and disparaging, as if a task like this was beneath him and yet here he was doing all the searching himself instead of hiring someone to look for these people for him.

Nine-tailed Fox

26,950 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Married 100
Jilmita
dark_serena07
Dan Phantom Maxwell

Sirea Angelie
Disenchanted Muse

Niede hugs her mom and then taps her ear. "I got you on speed dial just in case." She then smiles at Dan's compliment. "Thanks! I do have to admit liking being taller thanks to the boots." She then steps out before putting her roller skates on and putting her platform shoes in her backpack. She was not allowed to wear the roller skates indoors. With that done she sets off.

-----------------------------------------------------

Jil nods her head as she listens. "Yeah, that's probably for the best then. It would be pretty hard to contain some things, right?" She turns her attention to the man who just walked in after getting his order she salutes him with her mug of Irish Coffee. "Names Ji, I'm the bartender. One Jim Beam, neat coming right up." She does not even have to look as she first grabs a glass and then a bottle. She pours the bottle into the glass and then sets the bottle down. "Nice choice, although I have to admit to being a SoCo gal."
"Yeah, majority of us would be a bit too overpowered if allowed to use our powers to the fullest." She said, shaking her head before swiveling an ear upon hearing the newcomer Jil was serving. She raised an eyebrow upon glancing over at the man's direction, noting his mannerisms toward Jil. Mannerisms like that of a pompous snob. Then came the part when he mentioned he was looking for someone. From his description, it sounded as though he was searching for Lian. "First you insult my bartender with your failing taste buds, and expect us to help you to find someone while too busy messing on Facebook?" She placed her hands on her hips while her the tip of her tail tapped on the floor. "People come and go here. Where they go, that's their business. How can you be sure if these people actually want to work for you even if you were to find them? Sounds to me they would've came to you by now if that were the case."

Invisible Prophet

Sirea Angelie

Failing tastebuds? Jacob glanced up from his phone’s screen with an arched eyebrow before his lips blossomed into a sickeningly charming smile.

“I was born with above the average number of tastebuds, ma’am. I pick up on more distinctive flavors and undertones than most canines.”

As he spoke, he took a good long look around. He noted the supernatural essence of the people gathered. A whiff of the air told him that the green-skinned man was pickled in whiskey and likely not in his right mind. A plausible excuse for his misguided suggestion of attaching an arena to the bar. The pompous arse then went to pick up the glass of the beverage in question. Peering sternly at the curvature of the glass’s bowl and taking another sniff of the aroma lingering from it caused the man to tsk.

“Would it be safe to say that you owe loyalty or favoritism to the bartender who isn’t sober enough to tell the difference between a stemless wine glass and a glencairn? Because pouring bourbon in the wrong glass does have a tendency to alter the taste. However, to the discerning palate, one can still tell that this is not Jim Beam.”

After all, the fact that Jil didn’t bother to look at what she was grabbing after spending however much time sipping Irish Whiskey would give anyone reason to believe that she may not be in complete control of her actions or awareness. Alcohol is a known inhibitor, even to supernatural beings and their half-human hybrids.

“And Facebook is sooo last century. Most social media sites are these days. Filled with so much unnecessary drama and toxicity. It’s any wonder if there are people out there that know how to enjoy the lighter side of life anymore.”

Jacob continued in his usual bored tone.

“I can tell that the girl I’m looking for was here pretty recently. Her distinctive perfume of lavender, lilac, and mulberry still lingers faintly in the air. The aroma of whiskey seeping out of that gentleman’s pores does well to mask it to those whose sense of smell is not nearly as refined as mine. The rest of my uncle’s staff were happy to have their previous jobs returned to them once I found them and offered to double their salary. I require the best of the best, and they were like a well-oiled machine. One big happy family last I saw them. Well…”

He paused briefly as he recalled one unfortunate event.

“…aside from that time when their head cook nearly killed my cousin. The poor dear had such terrible food allergies. I remember the cook was so excited about the cherry jubilee he was preparing. I’m told that he sampled the brandy and cherry liquor a little too much while prepping the desserts. He was eventually let go for negligence when he attempted to serve my cousin some kind of cobbler that had been contaminated with whatever it was that she had been allergic to. If her lady’s maid hadn’t plucked the plate straight away from her before dipping her fork into the dessert, my cousin would have died from anaphylactic shock instead of from treason against the government! As you can see, I desperately need that kind of security and sense of duty for my own children. Everyone else I’ve interviewed for the job has been…a little disappointing.”

A reasonable cautionary tale that might imply why Lian left after witnessing how drinking on the job was accepted at the bar. As she had stated, it was a completely different hazard in comparison to the expected drunken bar fights. In some cases, far more lethal. With Sirea previously mentioning concerns about people’s children, their medications, and related ailments, wouldn’t she also be just as concerned about the adults with sensitive allergies who come to drink here? And if one of her own employees was responsible for causing such medical hazards because their job was so boring that it drove them to drink, then not only was the bar liable for negligence but their liquor license would be revoked.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff