7,925 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
User Image
Ⓓor

You found me when no one else was lookin'
How did you know just where I would be?
Yeah, you broke through all of my confusion..

Dor gave the woman a smile as she sat.. "Evening, Welcome to Crimson Mist.. How can I help you tonight?" She stands from her seat behind the bar and sets her half empty glass aside.. "We have anything you could want in the way of drinks and if you are hungry the staff can make anything as well..

The ups and the downs and you still didn't leave
I guess that you saw what nobody could see
You found me, you found me..

"Pint of bitter," Eva replied roughly, her voice gravelly from long days spent in silence. Eva leaned forward slightly, in anticipation of her beer. A hand, clad in fingerless gloves ran through her hair. It had been a struggle for Eva as of late. She was unknown in this land, her name meant nothing. She let the hand drop back down on the bartop and she stared at the counter. To anyone, she would appear to be just a worn down person in need of rest and recuperation. It wasn't far from the truth. Her hand slipped into the battered jacket she wore and out came a gold coin. She set it on the bar top, a token in exchange for the drink.

Gracious Survivor

7,925 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
User Image
Ⓓor

She nods and smiles to the woman before turning to find what she'd asked for.. She fixes the woman's drink and sets it before her then pushes the gold coin back to her.. "I do this for the company not the gold.. Though my mate might take it, I refuse.." She says it with a smile but very firm.. If the woman insisted the gold would instantly be sent to the local animal shelter.. "So what brings you to such an out of the way place dear?"

"Lost my ship," Eva said, recollecting the coin, her hand sliding it into the pocket where it joined what few others there were. With her hand returning to the bar top, she let lose the pack, where it dropped onto the floor with a loud thud. Her hand gripped around the glass and she took the bitter ale to her mouth, swallowing the liquid in long gulps. With the glass a quarter empty and its contents settling rapidly, Eva unholstered her pistol from her belt and set it on the counter. She disliked sitting with the weapon at her side.

Gracious Survivor

7,925 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
User Image
Ⓓor

"Ah.. I see.. How did you do that?" She asks as she picks up her own drink once more and takes a sip.. As the weapon is set on the counter Dor eyes it thoughtfully.. "A very nice piece.. Seen a lot of use?" Obviously it had but she was trying to make conversation..

"By having your jump core shot when accelerating to FTL. I'm lucky I didn't have my atoms splattered over a five light year chunk of space. Anyways, when my core was hit it caused an overload. Fried the nav computer. I tried to crash land here but without the computer it was more crashing than landing. I punched out before I hit the ground," Eva paused for a long while, "Been looking for the crash since."

Eva was quiet until the woman asked the question. The pistol had indeed seen a lot of action, but it would not have been a model the woman was familiar with. Lifting it in her hand, she could feel its weight. In some cultures, weight was a sign of strength. She set it down again.

"Been with me from the beginning. I nabbed my first kill with that pistol," She remarked, a cold malice in her voice at the mention of death. Eva had been killing far longer than the sane person should. At this point it was about the hunt, about the thrill of hunting that which hunts you. She let her thought die as she took another long gulp from the glass. "So yeah... you could say its seen its share of use."

((Sorry if my posts are slow, I'm youtubing on the side. I'm Sammy btw.))

Gracious Survivor

7,925 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
User Image
Ⓓor

She blinks at the woman after hearing her explanation.. Dor had expected something more along the lines of sinking ships in the ocean.. Not a spaceship thingy.. "Ah, I see.. Well not really but I have heard odder tails.. I don't recall anything falling from the sky lately, except maybe lightning? Although you are free to search our land if you wish.. Or perhaps try the sea behind us?"

She finishes off her black russian and makes herself another.. She also sets a pitcher of beer next to the woman's glass, it would say cold till the last drop was gone.. Hearing the explanation or rather lack of one about the weapon she shrugs.. Dor didn't know much of weapons from offworld so this was a new one no doubt.. "Ah.."

(( No worries, I am babysitting.. ))

Vicious Hunter

The roar of an engine could be heard approaching from the distance. As the sound drew nearer, anyone in the establishment would hear the vehicle pull up, shut off, and a moment later hear the door slam shut. The doors opened and a brute of a man stepped through. He stood at about six and a half feet and on top of this he had the build of a professional wrestler. His close cropped black hair and stubble of a beard matched the tanned look of his skin. A grey button up shirt with the sleeves rolled up around his biceps revealed arms covered in tribal tattoos, a pair of beat up dark jeans, heavy boots and dark sunglasses rounded out his look. As the doors closed behind him he started forward, the heals of his boots sounding heavily against the floor. He stopped at an empty table, sitting down and removing the sunglasses, dropping them on the table to reveal a pair of fiery blue eyes. The man in general had the look of someone meant to be on some ancient battlefield, a barbarian out of old storybooks. This barbarian lifted a menu and began skimming through it, deciding what he wanted to eat.
"Knowing my luck, it probably sank in that damn ocean. Or self destructed. Hell, either one are my luck," She spoke slowly, as though to herself. She could feel the effects of the alcohol already. Always a lightweight. Ignoring the definite symptoms, she gallantly took another swig of the drink. Leaning back, she reached down and lifted her pack. It seemed like fabric, but held a rigid frame. It seemed heavily padded.

"You have rooms here," She asked softly, the noise of an engine causing her to inherently feel anxious. In her long line of work, the sound of an engine often meant reinforcements. She forced another swig down her throat, her face remaining resolute and calm. She was never fond about asking for help, but alas it seemed unavoidable. Eva had almost no money, and very little to barter with. The only thing she had was skill, and she was ready to levy her talent in exchange for some shelter from the elements.

Gracious Survivor

7,925 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
User Image
Ⓓor

The roar of an engine had Dor's brows lifting just a fraction, it was a sound rarely heard in their out of the way place.. As the woman speaks a slow smile crosses her lips and she nods.. "Sure, we have rooms down stairs.. You are more then welcome to stay with us for a while.." She lifts a key from under the bar and places it before the woman.. "It's room five on the first floor below.. My name is Dor, and my mate who is around here somewhere is Daemon, just let us know if you need anything.. Scuse me a moment.."

She steps out from behind the bar and walks over to the man with a smile.. "Evening sir.. Anything I can get you?"

Vicious Hunter

He looks up at her, his eyes taking in form appreciatively before moving to her eyes. He set the menu back down on the table and leaned back in his chair.

"Can I get a steak done medium rare with mashed potatoes on the side. Oh, and a pint of whatever's on tap please.."

There was a slight accent to his words,his voice was deep but there was an almost calming effect to it.
Eva crossed her arms, staring out toward the window as the woman left. With a cold sigh, she took another swig of her drink, her eyes lazily dropping to the contents of her mug. Her head spun lightly and she forced herself to resist the urge to pour the sour beverage down her throat. She needed her mind as clear as possible. She turned slightly and eyed the ancient warrior. He was large, likely strong and fast from training. However, despite all of these traits, Eva judged she could kill him without too much trouble. Her mind compiled all of this data as her gaze tore away from the man, to settle back at her gun. A tremble ran down her hand, but she resisted once more. She need not go off the handle when she was trying to secure a job.

Gracious Survivor

7,925 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
User Image
Ⓓor

Being eyeballed didn't bother Dor one bit, she loved the attention and threw on a saucy half smile as he finally met her black eyes.. "Steak done medium rare and mashed potatoes it is.. If you'll just give me a few moments my staff will have it out here for you in a jiffy.." She turns and heads back to the bar, her hips swaying with every step.. Sure she was mated with Daemon but they both knew she would flirt with anyone mildly attractive.. She wouldn't cheat on her man but, nothing wrong with a little fun.. She stops to place the order in the kitchen then heads behind the bar.. Behind the bar she pours him a cold glass of beer, then carries it, along with a pitcher of the same back over to him.. "Let me know if you need anything else while you wait.."

Back to the bar she goes to sip on her drink and look over her two customers..

(( Sorry it is dinner time so I am slow to post.. ))

Vicious Hunter

He offered a smile when the woman returned with the glass and pitcher.

"Thanks.."

He watches her walk away with a smile and brings the glass to his lips. He drank deeply, emptying half the glass in one go. Setting the glass on the table with a contented sigh his eyes move to the only other person in the bar. He offered the woman a slight nod in greeting before turning his attention back to his beer.
Eva caught the nod out of the corner of her eye. She tilted her head back. It was a universal greeting. A sign of no hostilities. Her attention turned to her mostly gone pint. Tipsy off a pint. This was why she stayed clear of drinking. Her gaze spun to the woman, the bar tender. The place seemed under staffed. Just the woman and know protection. She tapped the bar, hoping to get the woman's attention.

((Blah, bad post.))

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces