Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anxious Shapeshifter

7,250 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
She helped the girl up, stifling more chuckles as she was told falls happened often to her, as well as wondered what she meant by she thought it would be different. What might have been going on in her head? Her smirk form before now was some amused smile which she transformed into a more friendly one once another had shown up before the two. Mara analyzed her quickly, noting the feline appendages and such of the character before speaking... well, after Bambi spoke that is. "Mara Silent-Storm." She nodded her head, standing at contraposto with her right leg bent slightly. "I seem to have gotten lost... but I'm not in a hurry. This place has room and food?" She questioned, tilting her head to the side quizzically. Again, Mara noticed something move out of the corner of her eye and suddenly felt goosebumps trail up her arms - though not visible under her jacket. She icy blues shifted for a second, only to snap back and switch from Bambi to the Yuni.

Hilarious Fatcat

9,025 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Dressed Up 200
Yuni's specific Heartless buddy peeped its unblinking eyes eyes out of the girl's own shadow, scuttling to stand at her ankle. Twitchy little fellow, too. The Nekojin giggled and rubbed her hands together some, as if they itched to cook something. The petite teen beckoned them to come further inside, tail wagging behind her.

"'Course we got food and room! Come on in. I'll setcha two up with food and drink." She said, glancing down to the shadowy creature. "Go set up the kitchen fer me, Buddy. I'll be in in a second."

The Heartless saluted to Yuni before crawling towards said room. Yuni turned her attention back to the pair, smiling still.

"Bar's this way. What can I cook for ya two today?"

Golden Gatekeeper

“Ah right…um…Mara-“ Silent-Storm? Bambi gave Mara a queer look, imagining her with a Native American feathered headdress conjuring up a storm of heat lightning…complete with drums keeping the rhythm as the red head bounced from foot to foot in some ancient ceremonial dance.

Another blink and a slight shake of her head, before she turned to find something crawling out of Yuni’s shadow. Her silent paused continued, wondering if she was imagining the creature or not…until Yuni actually spoke to it and it in turn responded. A couple of blinks. “Wait…you can see that, too?” She blinked some more…her face growing pink again, figuring she just sounded rather stupid again.

It took her a moment to regain movement in her legs again…waiting until she was certain she could walk so not to fall over yet again. Following after Yuni, she took a seat at the bar and thought about what to eat. “Um…I think I would really like to have a chicken potpie, please.” She requested, sliding her satchel from her shoulder so she could hang it from the back of her stool. “Um…would you mind telling me…um…” She looks toward Mara again…still envisioning her with the feathered headdress. “…I mean us…more about this manor, please?” She asked, her fingers fidgeting with the sleeves of her shirt.

Anxious Shapeshifter

7,250 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
She knew her name usually made people wonder, so it was no surprise that Bambi paused repeating it. In fact, it was something Mara most liked about her name, it was unusual just as she was. Mara stared at the thing that crawled from Yuni's shadow quite obviously. What was that? Where in the hell did it come from? Demon spawn, ghost thing, or just creature? Mara's fists tightened at her sides suspiciously. That creature made her think of bad luck for some odd reason, but she tried to push it out of her head. When Yuni talked to it, Mara looked up with a bit of surprise in her eyes. "Is that... your pet?" She hesitantly asked, pointing as it scurried off. She took a few steps closer while examine how it crawled away. "Peculiar.." She mumbled to herself. She then looked at Bambi who asked if they also saw it and Mara lifted a brow. By the way, the name Bambi... well it sounded more like a nickname to her than something someone would name their child, but the girl did have a bit of an innocent appearance. It just made her think of a faun looking at the girl! It almost seemed a perfect fit..
Her mind was quickly changed to her empty stomach as it gave a rather nasty growl. She sheepishly grinned and followed after Yuni to the bar. "I'll take your best spicy dish. Don't worry about temperature, I like things hot." The woman said with a smile. Mara quickly took a seat at the bar and swiveled around to look at everything, almost looking as if she was memorizing the place for some reason or another... Her attention yet again switched to the other two once information about the inn was brought up. "Yes! I would like to know where I landed, I don't recall ever knowing about this place before... Yet again, I'm not usually around these parts..." She shrugged with an honest indifferent look.

Hilarious Fatcat

9,025 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Dressed Up 200
"Chicken potpie, 'nd somethin' super spicy..." Yuni noted down in her brain while leading them into the bar room, making her way to the kitchen door. She propped it open to better allow conversation as she worked, a few of those ant-like creatures already inside setting things up and such. She laughed at these things being called her pets.

"Oh, nuh. They're called the Heartless, what the manor's named after. I heard they used to be people, but they lost their hearts and became whatever they are now. Shadows, or somethin'. But they're pretty friendly, they won't hurt ya. They jus' really like me." Yuni giggled and looked over to the two, feline ears twitching. "The owner's name is Saria, and I'd hope she'd be down to greet ya two sooner or later. But we'll see."

Yuni disappeared in the thrum of the kitchen, talking with enough volume to be easily heard.

"What I figure, this place is kinda old. But really homey. We got a few rooms, though I dunno which are free. We got a ballroom, a pool, and... jus' found the library."

Golden Gatekeeper

The sheer volume of the noise that came from Mara’s stomach made Bambi jump…having imagined that some alien creature had popped out to rip everyone and everything to shreds in the attempts to feed itself. Bambi definitely had that ‘deer in headlights’ look to her eyes at that point in time. She looked as though she was about to break out into tears at the sight of the alien stomach monster gnawing on Yuni’s tail.

A blink when Yuni spoke up to reveal that she was not being eaten, but instead was talking about the little creatures that were helping her in the kitchen. Bambi took her index finger to push her slack jaw up in an attempt to close her mouth. Which was worse…now she was imagining people having their hearts torn out of their bodies and being transformed into little ant like shadow creatures. Her hand would shakily grip the portion of her shirt over her heart.

“Just found the library…?” Was it not easy to find? She blinked, imagining that the library had been lost and it took years of searching to find it…completely with an Indiana Jones theme music as Yuni wears his hat and carries his whip while running from a boulder threatening to squash her. “Was it lost?” Stupid question Bambi! “I mean…of course it wasn’t lost, and surely I’m not assuming that you lived here your whole life! It was just an odd way to phrase it!” She said quickly, trying to regain some sense of competency in her train of thought. “Just forget what I asked.” She said before lowering her brow to the bar counter in an attempt to how flushed her face had gotten.

Anxious Shapeshifter

7,250 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Mara nodded and watched the creatures through the propped door to the kitchen. How strange they were and to think they were once people! Wait.. they were once people? Who lost their hearts!? Mara's hand quickly clutched her own heart - or where it was over her chest - and furrowed her brows while giving a sort of pouty face. She knew there was something odd here! Had karma come to bite her in the butt again!? She cleared her throat and nodded slowly. "Their hearts... What in the gods..." She muttered, feeling those goosebumps run down her arms again. But then the mention of a mysterious owner and a library recently found. This made Mara raise a brow and one corner of her mouth turn up a little. Secrets in this building, eh? That was exactly the potential this treasure hunter was looking for! Not that she really came here for treasure, but investigating and possibly getting something more at the end was always a nice way to spend a holiday. For now, she would keep the thoughts to herself, icy eyes sliding over to Bambi. Her curious inquisition told Mara she too was interested in the secrets of this place. Perhaps that was something useful. "How long have you been here? Or has this place been here?" She suddenly asked, watching as two heartless scurried back and forth beyond the kitchen door.

Hilarious Fatcat

9,025 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Dressed Up 200
Yuni's riotous laughter could be heard for a solid minute as she heard and imagined the two girls' reactions to the tale. Though honestly, she was just parroting what she had heard Saria say about them. The mixed smell of spices and potpie was starting to waft out of the kitchen to tease the noses of those around.

"Oh, dun sweat yaself, Miss Bambi. I say odd things all the time, even in m'sleep!" She said, and with an assumed shrug, began to explain the library. "Wel, y'know how illusions and such work. There was such an illusion that hide the stairs that led to another floor, where the library is."

Golden Gatekeeper

“So…it’s just something you accidently stumble upon if you’re not looking…” Bambi could imagine herself being knocked flat on her face by an illusion and probably left for dead in the library because no one else would think to come looking for her…let alone be able to find her in an unfindable library. Her lower lip then quivered into a pout as she watched her form decay and eventually turn into one of the shadow ant like creatures wondering about the place.

“Are illusions common around here?” She would eventually bring herself to ask, wondering if this might become a problem with her if she stayed too long or not…though, she did come to realize that Mara was making some of the same gestures as she was…which made her wonder if the girl suffered from the same delusions as Bambi did. Well…at least the headdress disappeared from atop of her head.

Anxious Shapeshifter

7,250 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Mara listened back and forth while the two talked and leaned forward on the bar counter while the spices tickled her nose. It was hard to think on such an empty stomach! It gave another growl and Mara let her head be held up by her hand while she waited still. "Illusions and secrets.. places are surely yet to be found here..." she said more to herself, having temporarily forgotten that Bambi was next to her at the bar. "I'm beginning to like this place" she started to grin with a certain flare in her eyes, but then snapped back into frame and gave a friendly smile to Bambi. "It's quite interesting, right? I bet it's lots of fun here." Mara inwardly sighed as she saved herself, wondering as well if more than Heartless dwelled here. If she did happen to run into something, Mara was well prepared in wards! She crossed her ankles as they hung idly below the stool, but jumped when a Heartless brushed by, seemingly popping out of the ground!

Hilarious Fatcat

9,025 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Dressed Up 200
"Illusions could be. I dunno. I 'aven't been payin' much mind to any." Yuni said, coming out of the kitchen with a plate balanced on either hand. One had a big bowl of creamy cajun chicken pasta with alfredo sauce and plenty of spices, the other held a plate with a full chicken potpie on it.

"Usually illusions are set by people that dun want somethin' to be found, and I try to stay outta trouble 'round 'ere." She said and put the plates down on the counter in front of the two girls, grinning. "Now what can I getcha two to drink?"

Yuni looked up suddenly and looked behind her, finding one of the shadowy creatures hanging onto her tail. She laughed, wagging the tail to try and get it off.

"What's up with ya buggers tahday?"

Golden Gatekeeper

Bambi subtly leaned away as Mara’s stomach started to growl even more, still fearing that something would come jumping out. But when Mara did the jumping herself when the Heartless brushed up against her, the sound of alarms went off in Bambi’s head and caused her to not only jump but scream in a panic as well!!!

“AAAAAAAAAAAIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!” She toppled out of her stool, effectively knocking another one over. It’s a wonder that Bambi didn’t have a pile of hospital bills that needed paying for random fractures and broken bones that needed setting with how clumsy she was! Hopefully she didn’t cause Yuni to drop the plates…or whacked the plates off of the counter.

“Hot cocoa…please…” She would whimper from the floor in answer to what she’d like to drink…and that would be the best sort of comfort drink she could use at this point in time. “…with some Irish Crème.” Yeah…definitely going to calm her nerves.

Anxious Shapeshifter

7,250 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Mara was again startled by Bambi's scream and nearly toppled over herself! She gripped the bar counter just as the food was put down, one hand going to her plate to secure it form being knocked over. That's Mara for you, her first instinct is to protect the food! Her eyes widened and look of confusion and concern came over her as she looked down to where Bambi landed. "Are.. are you okay?" She hesitantly asked, just a pause after Bambi ordered her drink. On second thought, perhaps this person wouldn't be too useful to Mara at all...
A moment after, she would sigh and calm herself with a breath before looking to Yuni again. "Uhh... Do you have any apple ale? Or spiced wine?" Mara gave a weak smile to her, then another look to Bambi to see if she could even get up this time. "What startled you so bad?" The treasure huntress asked, looking around for some invisible culprit. The food called to her nose and taste buds, and it wasn't long before Mara was forced to turn to the delicious looking plate! "Wow-o-wow..." She mumbled with a dreamy gaze at her food. She could hardly wait to eat! Yet, it was best to wait for her drink to arrive.

Hilarious Fatcat

9,025 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Dressed Up 200
Yuni jumped a little at the girl's scream, her sensitive ears flattening against her messy slate hair as she looked over to where Bambi had been sitting. Then she was laughing, a hand covering her mouth. As skiddish at the baby deer she was named after? Possibly. Peeking over the edge of the counter at the fallen girl, Yuni grinned down at her.

"Dun worry. We got a good doctor upstairs if ya break anythin'. Ya all right?" The teen asked before backing off, moving about the bar to get the two drinks requested. One Irish Creme spiked hot cocoa, and one bottle of Red's Apple Ale, was set on the counter within minutes.

"I'll tell the little buggahs to calm down a tad." Yuni smiled apologetically down at Bambi, ears twitching. "They 'aven't seen a lot o' people come in for a while. I guess they're jus' excited."

Golden Gatekeeper

“Sorry…yes…I’m fine…” She would murmur…her face bright pink as she helped herself up…untangling her legs from the spokes of the stool she was sitting in…”It’s ok…I’m fine…they’re fine…” Bambi tried to laugh it up with a weak chuckle. “I doubt anything is broken…I’ve got strong bones…I think…” She tried to explain, though she wasn’t really sure. It’s not like she went to the hospital that often. “I…um…” She patted herself down before putting the chairs straight. “Sorry…I have um…let’s just say I have an overactive imagination and it tends to carry me away.” That should set it straight…hopefully.

Carefully climbing back into her chair, she blew the steam off of her cup of cocoa before taking in a long…drawn out sip of it. Oh yeah…that hit the spot. “But knowing that there’s a doctor in house is good to know.” She pointed out before looking at the potpie…and smiled. It looked like what they used to make at home. “Thank you for the food and drink, Miss Yuni.” Her smile growing a bit more genuine. “I’m sorry for upsetting the both of you.” She then looked over towards Mara’s food. “Oh…that looks tasty. Don’t let it get cold.” She said…thinking it silly that she was waiting to eat it. After all, Bambi was now digging into her potpie and enjoying the steam gravy and chicken, accented by subtle spices and thickly chopped veggies and potatoes. “Perfect…” She purred in between bites.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff