Welcome to Gaia! ::

<3 </3

donuts

1 100.0% [ 165 ]
Total Votes:[ 165 ]

Athebyne's Partner

Big Member

Dammit Kef, now I'm craving some poutine.

Learned Protagonist

31,625 Points
  • Spirit of the Smackdown! 100
  • Redecorator 50
  • Deal Me In 50
Now you know how I feel every couple of months. I don't know how common poutine is in Georgia (or wherever it is you currently live), but if you can get it you should. A decent amount of restaurants offer it near me, including the chain that bought the place near me; but I don't know if it spread to the south as much.

I wonder how long it'll be before Kinny comes by. lol Poutine is one of the topics that summons Canadians.

Athebyne's Partner

Big Member

Currently still in Georgia. No places selling poutine in sight.
This may be one of the things wherein I go "******** it" and make it myself.
(The only place I've had it is, funnily enough, this one place in Manila my late aunt (who spent some time in Montreal) used to frequent. Admittedly not super authentic, but it was good.)

Learned Protagonist

31,625 Points
  • Redecorator 50
  • Deal Me In 50
I've made poutine out of leftover gravy and frozen fries before. It's not great, but still pretty good. Nothing will beat the stuff from the cafeteria when I was doing student exchange in Newfoundland though. That stuff was amazing. It's so much better when the cheese curds aren't fried, but that's how most places do it here that I've seen.

Partying Cultist

kefkadragon

I wonder how long it'll be before Kinny comes by. lol Poutine is one of the topics that summons Canadians.

How dare you call me out like this! classified_mcsourface

Learned Protagonist

31,625 Points
  • Redecorator 50
  • Deal Me In 50
Countess Kinoko
kefkadragon

It worked didn't it? mrgreen

Partying Cultist

kefkadragon
Countess Kinoko
kefkadragon

It took a few days! Gotta work on them summoning skills!

Learned Protagonist

31,625 Points
  • Redecorator 50
  • Deal Me In 50
Countess Kinoko
kefkadragon
Countess Kinoko
kefkadragon

It took a few days! Gotta work on them summoning skills!

Only two days. Considering I have no levels in summoner or any magic using class, I think that's pretty good. Would you have come faster if I said Tim Bits?

Athebyne's Partner

Big Member

Mmm, Tim Bits.

For my money I think the best thing at Tim Horton's are the chocolate eclairs. emotion_omnomnom

Also, Kef: I've been reminded that this glorious cover exists:

Partying Cultist

Tim bits are pretty good! The sour cream glazed ones were always my fave. Though I haven't had one in a long time lol!

Learned Protagonist

31,625 Points
  • Redecorator 50
  • Deal Me In 50
I've only had them once, but under suboptimal circumstances. It was at a meeting of the exchange students run by the program people when I was in Newfoundland. One of them had got some for the meeting, but forgot them in her car. They were there for over an hour in Canadian winter, so they were really dry. They were decent, but I knew they would be better if they weren't sitting in a car for a long time.

I'm sure they're better when relatively fresh. There's probably one in my state, but I've never passed by one. If there is it's probably in Minneapolis or something.

Athebyne's Partner

Big Member

Oh man, I haven't had a sour cream Tim Bit (or really any Tim Bit) in a long time. Funnily enough it's in Manila where I've had them. emotion_omnomnom

And ******** chocolate eclairs. I want one soooooo bad. Maybe I'll teach myself to make choux pastry.

Learned Protagonist

31,625 Points
  • Redecorator 50
  • Deal Me In 50
Now I want doughnuts from a bakery I go to every once in a while. They have a maple bacon bar that is delicious. The jelly doughnuts and cinnamon rolls were also good from what I remember.

The only bad thing I had there was some filled doughnut where the top frosting had the taste and texture of toothpaste.

NiChangelo's Wife

Empyrean Mama

Gimme a doughnut, STAT.

Elrom's Waifu

Beloved Wife

14,250 Points
  • Married 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200
I mentioned Gaia to a worker at hot topic and we both realized how old we are.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff