Welcome to Gaia! ::

Old school Pokémon! Which starter would you choose?

Bulbasaur! 0.19298245614035 19.3% [ 44 ]
Charmander! 0.32017543859649 32.0% [ 73 ]
Squirtle! 0.15789473684211 15.8% [ 36 ]
Pikachu! 0.17543859649123 17.5% [ 40 ]
I can't choose! D: 0.10964912280702 11.0% [ 25 ]
I don't like Pokémon... 0.043859649122807 4.4% [ 10 ]
Total Votes:[ 228 ]

Beloved Friend

Oh awesome!! *does a happy dance*

That sounds like a lot of fun! smile We've been considering getting Becca a little splash pool. :] Not a full pool yet, but just something that she can play in in our tiny little yard. 3nodding

Mmm, it's not quite as bad but there are times that nothing we do seems to help. I've cut so much out of my diet to see if it's something I'm eating, as we're determined to keep her on breast milk. Hopefully we'll not have to switch her over to formula. *fingers crossed*
Oh, yeah, it definitely is a happy chaos. emotion_hug Just getting sick in the middle of all of it, doesn't help much but I think I'm almost over it. Thank goodness!! smile
Woooeeeewwww...
Internship is taking it's toll. This stuff is heavy..
Squashing in friend-time whenever I'm home and not writing reports or sleeping or preparing for my next trip.. So I wouldn't mind if the day had another 6 hours orso to go on...
BUT IT'S SO MUCH FUN!
I'm learning so much it's dizzying at times.

@Livi: Poor Sophia! Is the colic anywhere near gone yet?
Splash pools are great, especially if your weather's good!
Feel better soon!

@ Ami: I'm trying to go back to the last post I didn't answer, hope all this still makes sense...
I'll try and include more street pictures. I just leave those out most of the time. Because I am never sure whether people would mind having their faces online.
Besides, pictures only show what you want them to show. They just portray an angle. Part of something.
Amitia
Earthsea did come out during the past two centuries? x'D First of the books came out in 1968

I think I meant in the past two decades sweatdrop
Somehow I skipped a zero there. Don't know how that happened.
But yeah, I've been stuck in literature of the past couple of decades, true Classic English literature (Shakespeare, Bronte, Dickens) aside.

And my lovely mum takes care of my kitty whilst I'm away.
Luna's gotten used to their place, she feels right at home there.
Dad sort of adopted her. And spoils and ruins her, too. But she likes him. So that's good.
I'm away too much anyway. I shouldn't have gotten a kitten at all. Just fell for it's cuteness at the time.

I turned in my fully written thesis two months ago.. Or was it three? End of March ish.
But can't do anything (and won't hear anything) till I'm done with my internship first. Which is incredibly frustrating, because I don't know what they think of it yet. Yet, it's also been a relief to just hand it in and not think about it anymore.

Being the more experienced one in a team just springs on you sometimes. It can actually be good HAVING to do something you've never done before. Makes you more independent. Just be careful the pressure doesn't start hurting you. I've come too close a couple of times, I only notice when it's too late..

Enjoy Sweden! Lots of plans there? Or just visiting your friend's home and its surroundings?
Do you speak Swedish? Or do you two manage in English or how does it work?

----
Okay - think I caught up with most of it..

--

@ Qar: How're your plants surviving?
Every time I come home, my parents have a new thing they've planted.
Now it's grapes and figs. Last time it was onions and roses. xD
hippogrifff
Woooeeeewwww...
Internship is taking it's toll. This stuff is heavy..
Squashing in friend-time whenever I'm home and not writing reports or sleeping or preparing for my next trip.. So I wouldn't mind if the day had another 6 hours orso to go on...
BUT IT'S SO MUCH FUN!
I'm learning so much it's dizzying at times.

@ Qar: How're your plants surviving?
Every time I come home, my parents have a new thing they've planted.
Now it's grapes and figs. Last time it was onions and roses. xD

I'm still just a beginner and its been pretty cold and cloudy most of the summer where I am..

The grapefruit plant I planted first has survived ,but it could look better.. Sometimes I'm just
not sure what to do. Someday I'd like to get by with my own home grown things but that's
still way off. I saw an article about the Japanese using LED lamps specificly for growing
plants with and its working pretty well. I'd like to have a greenhouse like that at some point.

My parents have also grown some things ,mostly spices like oregano out on the balcony.
The weather got pretty bad some weekends ago so that it had to be taken inside for a while.

There was a large fire in the city last sunday with a black plume of smoke resembling a
volcano eruption. I walked down to the burn site yesterday and a part of the place was just
one big rubble. Walking there and back took me about 3 hours so I'm kinda just resting today ,
since I haven't walked that much in a while. I got me some feta cheese on the way back
to make pasta with. I tend to have it on the weekends now (Its my fav recipe from Ami) :3

Beloved Friend

Hip: That sounds exhausting, but at least it's fun! :] Where are you interning? :]

Mmm, it doesn't seem quite as bad but then we have bad days here and there, but at least it's not every day now, so that's a plus at least.
Oh, it's been sooooooo crazy hot here, so any little bit is welcome to try to keep cool!
Thanks dear! I've got a doctor's appointment tomorrow morning to see if they can figure out what it is that's caught hold of me.

@ Qar: Everyone starts a beginner, that part's fine wink Besides, you've actually managed to make something grow... I bet you it'd work way better with more sun..
Most fruits especially like a good dosis of sunlight~~
But that's what you have the LEDs for wink

What was it that was burning?
There wasn't any actual volcano eruption, was there?
What feta cheese recipe is that?

@ Livi:: I'm interning at a Belgian travel agency as a Tour Manager and guide.
Means I get to travel every two weeks for 9-10 days on average.
(On average because I think I was home a day and a half in total all the way through May,
but I've been home for ten days straight now.. Leaving again day after tomorrow)
My main destinations have been Spain and Austria, with some France and Germany in between smile -- Mainly because those are my main languages, I s'pose, outside of English, Egyptian.
And my Dutch. Which I use with my groups. Who only speak Flemish. Which proved to be confusing.

I really hope both you and Sophia get completely over all that's bugging you.
Every day or random bad days, both are bad. We need always-healthy never-complaining days biggrin How did the doctor's appointment go?
hippogrifff

@ Qar: Everyone starts a beginner, that part's fine wink Besides, you've actually managed to make something grow... I bet you it'd work way better with more sun..
Most fruits especially like a good dosis of sunlight~~
But that's what you have the LEDs for wink

What was it that was burning?
There wasn't any actual volcano eruption, was there?
What feta cheese recipe is that?
New leaves seem to be growing again now. The brightness has been pretty constant ,
there's just been more or less of it. Its more even these half rainy days so I can water
it more regularly. It would most likely work better if there were less clouds.
I was just confused on the watering part because on the internet it said that the citrus
plants didn't like much water. But mom said that such a young plant needed more of it.

I don't have special led lights like that yet. But it should be pretty easy for me to get some.

There was no volcanic activity anywhere near the city but there have been reports lately
of some earthquakes and seismic readings in the Katla volcanic area (center south Iceland)
and a southern part of the city has been built pretty much into a volcano crater which could
erupt in the future (which some psychics have predicted). The city is on the active belt.
It's an active seismic area that stretches kinda from the south west to the north east.

The fire started in an ironing machine/dryer in a cloths washer place and then spread out
to a store which sells office stuff and books in one direction and another store in another
direction which had a lot of different goods. The latter one had some tanks exploding.
The office/schoolbook store burned so bad that it was just one big rubble which
they had to remove. That store was called "Griffill" which they're relocating.

I've simplified the feta pasta recipe to "Putting the contents of 1 feta cheese jar onto a pan ,
(with similar heat as with making sunny side up eggs but not enough to burn garlic/onion)
boiling water and pasta in a pot for 10 mins ,adding small bits of garlic and onion to pan
and then removing pasta from pot filtering out the water and mixing pasta onto pan contents.
Then I just add what was on the pan into a bowl and have at it with a fork :3 I also like to
have a glass of orange juice with it which I mix with some ginger ale for added nomness :3

Beloved Friend

hippogrifff
@ Livi:: I'm interning at a Belgian travel agency as a Tour Manager and guide.
Means I get to travel every two weeks for 9-10 days on average.
(On average because I think I was home a day and a half in total all the way through May,
but I've been home for ten days straight now.. Leaving again day after tomorrow)
My main destinations have been Spain and Austria, with some France and Germany in between smile -- Mainly because those are my main languages, I s'pose, outside of English, Egyptian.
And my Dutch. Which I use with my groups. Who only speak Flemish. Which proved to be confusing.

I really hope both you and Sophia get completely over all that's bugging you.
Every day or random bad days, both are bad. We need always-healthy never-complaining days biggrin How did the doctor's appointment go?

So sorry for not getting on sooner!!

Oh, that sounds so cool! I'd love to travel!! Do you enjoy it? smile
That does sound like a lot of traveling though! O.o Hope that your latest trip goes well! smile
I wish that I could travel more - maybe once the girls are older. smile

Thank you hon!! Sophia has more good days than bad days - so maybe we've finally, for the most part, figured out what was setting off her colic! *fingers crossed we managed it without having to switch over to formula, which is something we really don't want to do* and I'm feeling better, not quite 100% but way better than I have been!
The doctor used a lot of big crazy terms but I'm pretty sure that it was something just like a basic flu on top of my body deciding to throw tantrums from something I ate - both at once. So at least that's finally working it's way through! *fingers crosseD*

Redd Menace's Waifu

Friendly Gekko

Beloved Friend

Die Fishy Die

Hey there dear! biggrin

Redd Menace's Waifu

Friendly Gekko

LiviInLove

Hey there dear! biggrin

Hello!
How are you?
I was wandering around the FC looking for threads to post in, and here you are.

Beloved Friend

Die Fishy Die

I'm doing pretty good! Slowly waking up here - I've got a sleepy 3 year old curled up against me at the moment. :]
Yeah, this is one of the hangouts I'm pretty regular in - that is, when I actually remember to get on. *lol*

Redd Menace's Waifu

Friendly Gekko

LiviInLove

I'm doing pretty good! Slowly waking up here - I've got a sleepy 3 year old curled up against me at the moment. :]
Yeah, this is one of the hangouts I'm pretty regular in - that is, when I actually remember to get on. *lol*

I got up a couple hours ago thanks to a phone call from my aunt asking about my Sunday plans.
That's adorable. Most I've got curled up against me in the morning is one of my cats.

Haha. Yeah. That's always the problem. Busy busy busy. :3

Beloved Friend

Die Fishy Die

I've been awake for about an hour or so, but I'm not as tired as I normally am. I forgot how nice a full night's rest can be!!
Yeah, she's under the weather at the moment, so we've got a bit of calm at the moment here. :] Sophia is still asleep. Normally the dogs are in on the cuddle fest too - but Alex was walking them before he had to head off to work.

Oh, yeah, with hardly any breaks for personal time! Yay! Life! O.o

Adventuring Dragon

17,325 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Lapin Patrol Kastra: Victory! 250
  • Spirit of the Smackdown! 100
So hot! I hate heat! @.@
Vacation over and back to work, also trying to do some schoolwork every day.
But I did have a good time during vacation, so it's all good!

Livi;; Splash pools are awesome, you should definitely go for it! :3 I remember having enjoyed one as a kid very much. I still have sunny and splashy memories from early childhood. So it's totally worth it!
Has the colic somewhat officially been beaten now?
Oh, oh! I read "dogs"! What kind of dogs do you have?! What are their names?! : D

Gipsy;; If you take them from a bit of a distance and no one is in the center of attention, I'm sure it's fine. I think people get into loads of pictures on the street anyway. I can only imagine how many times I have been featured in social media in the background. xP

Ah, good that the kitty has a good home! :3
And congratulations on having turned in the thesis! I can't wait to not have to think about mine anymore. Wish I could fast-forward to the end. I love writing, even school stuff, but Thesis... with a big T... is too much pressure to stomach at the moment. I want my thesis to be perfect and that is not a good thing right now. Although random fact, I just wrote a paragraph about Gaia Online into it. I was certainly not expecting to write about it when I started but it actually is a great example of gamification. x'D

I enjoyed Sweden! I was mainly just visiting my friend, although since she lives in Stockholm surroundings, there was a lot to see anyway. Highlights were museum of natural history and amusement park Gröna Lund, where I genuinely became a child again.
I speak Swedish, to some extent anyway. Every Finn is forced to learned Swedish and English at school (although I think nowadays you can substitute English with something else too). Mandatory Swedish is an ongoing battle in Finland. The Swedish-speaking minority only covers 5% of the whole population, and especially the people at the Russian border would rather have their children learn Russian than Swedish. Plus Finns in general have a sort of grudging attitude towards Sweden (especially during ice hockey season....), originating from history I suppose. It is a lot alike to how Americans see Canadians. But well, so far Swedish is still mandatory. I don't mind learning it though, languages are fun and I have nothing against Sweden. : P
I talk English with my friend though, as it feels more natural for me and it's welcome diversity for her. And I did notice that my spoken Swedish (as well as listening comprehension) is horrible when I tried to communicate with her parents. ''>___>;; I'll try to work on that.

Invisible Browser

As an American, I don't think we have any issues with Canada. I have a lot of friends in Canada and would like to move there someday, perhaps.

Also, happy birthday to Becca!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces