Welcome to Gaia! ::

Greedy Conversationalist

maenad nuri
aww, that's cute. My dance teacher just said that to be a pagan (or a yogi or feminist) means you should be vegan.

...I don't even think she's vegan full-time.

It's adorable really. It's not worth my time to argue with her about it, but it's adorable.

Yeah, I've met some of those.

Horses met one that insisted you had to run naked through the woods at least once. I think there was something about a full moon or a rainstorm, or something, but regardless. yeah.

Eloquent Bloodsucker

You have to be vegan to be a feminist? What?!

I've met vegans who think you just have to stop eating eggs and milk products. They don't realise how many animal products are in practically every food item. I mean, all the vegetarians I know still eat things with gelatine in them. neutral You can't call yourself a vegetarian if all you cut out is meat, surely? s**t made with cow feet must still count?

Hallowed Prophet

11,850 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Timid 100
maenad nuri
aww, that's cute. My dance teacher just said that to be a pagan (or a yogi or feminist) means you should be vegan.

It's adorable really. It's not worth my time to argue with her about it, but it's adorable.
Well I'm screwed. cat_whee

San: I thought that's what a vegetarian was. Someone who didn't eat meat. And then vegan was no animal products whatsoever.

Familiar Hunter

X-Yami-no-Ko-X
maenad nuri

Well I'm screwed. cat_whee

San: I thought that's what a vegetarian was. Someone who didn't eat meat. And then vegan was no animal products whatsoever.

Vegetarians I thought weren't meant to eat anything you get from killing an animal, whereas vegans don't eat anything that comes from an animal. So a vegan wouldn't wear wool or eat anything with milk products or egg products in or used to produce them, and a vegetarian wouldn't be able to eat anything that had bone, fat or blood used to make it.

To me it's a bit much to eat blood but draw the line at muscle, you know?

Hallowed Prophet

11,850 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Timid 100
Thorns and Spices
Vegetarians I thought weren't meant to eat anything you get from killing an animal, whereas vegans don't eat anything that comes from an animal. So a vegan wouldn't wear wool or eat anything with milk products or egg products in or used to produce them, and a vegetarian wouldn't be able to eat anything that had bone, fat or blood used to make it.

To me it's a bit much to eat blood but draw the line at muscle, you know?
Ah ok. See I've never thought about becoming vegan or vegetarian. Humans are omnivores. Plus I wouldn't want to give up bacon. Mmm... Bacon. And I have a jacked up diet right now as is. So the thought never really crossed my mind to look farther into it.

Eloquent Bloodsucker

X-Yami-no-Ko-X
Ah ok. See I've never thought about becoming vegan or vegetarian. Humans are omnivores. Plus I wouldn't want to give up bacon. Mmm... Bacon. And I have a jacked up diet right now as is. So the thought never really crossed my mind to look farther into it.

God I know. Bacon is amazing.
Sanguina Cruenta
You have to be vegan to be a feminist? What?!

Something something about how industrial farming is inherently patriarchal and animal slavery, forced breeding.

It's a feminism, but it's not my feminism.
Guys I am so anxious right now. XP
Guess who might be going to Sweden at the end of the summer!? blaugh

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100
HorsesOfTheNight
Yay Horses!

Hallowed Prophet

11,850 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Timid 100
Sanguina Cruenta
I really want some bacon now cat_emo But I think I devoured all the bacon we had when we got it.

HorsesOfTheNight
Would that person be you?
X-Yami-no-Ko-X
Sanguina Cruenta
I really want some bacon now cat_emo But I think I devoured all the bacon we had when we got it.

HorsesOfTheNight
Would that person be you?

Esiris: Thanks! heart

Yami: Yes! I might being going to a conference in Sweden to represent Penn State!

Hallowed Prophet

11,850 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Timid 100
HorsesOfTheNight
Yami: Yes! I might being going to a conference in Sweden to represent Penn State!
That's awesome! I hope everything goes well.

Eloquent Bloodsucker

Dapper Lunatic

HorsesOfTheNight
Awesome. I wanna go!

As to the vegetarian thing, I have some friends who are veg (not vegan) and they don't eat gelatin. Basically they're not against the idea of eating meat, they just have an issue with factory farming so they don't get a chance to eat meat very often. They do eat cheese though but I don't think a lot of people are aware of where rennet generally comes from, or even that it's something you need to make cheese. There is vegetable rennet but I don't know how common it is in mass produced cheeses.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff