Death parade is not bad,, I think you'll enjoy it

anyway,, April Fool's FLAME!!!

Aekea Scarface

No fire. emotion_awesome

Hardcore Smoker

Hi guise.

Fouuund youuu. (:

Aekea Scarface

I lied. I ended up watching the first 6 episodes of Death Parade dubbed and then the last 6 subbed. gonk

Next up will be Steins;Gate.
Then, I'll watch From the New World.

Any more recommendations? Dubbed or subbed. Doesn't matter. I'd rather watch shows with one season. I'm not ready to get into super long ones yet. What I've watched so far, I've really liked, including: Shiki, Another, Parasyte, and Death Parade.

In a relationship with t3h marth

Versatile Shapeshifter

jeebus christ i envy your time to watch so much

Kawaii Carnivore

I am a little envious too !
From the new world is great , still one of my favorite animes .I think it' s not very popular because of the animation and the slow start but it's reaaaaaally worth the watch !

Alien Invader

has anyone watched Gintama? there seems to be like a series from 06 and like a few OVA's...idk. it's in the top 10 highest rated anime on myanimelist but that's not always reliable for my taste in anime haha

but all the reviews are like
this is the best anime ever made
rofl idk i watched two episodes it wasn't...bad? it's straight up comedy and i did laugh a couple times...for how it's set up i wasn't as annoyed as i'd usually be?????

idk lol i only like two longer anime series out of all the ones i like .-. so i'm like will this be worth the commitment? haha

Aekea Scarface

lol, I think it's more just that I procrastinate and binge watch a lot. I'm also not working any jobs, so I have that time off. It's a good and bad thing, I think. On the one hand, I have a lot of "free" time {that I could should be using working on research for school}. On the other hand, I have no source of income.

Anyway, I just finished Steins;Gate. lol
If From the New World has a slow start, I think I can handle that. I thought S;G had a bit of a slow start. I didn't get it at first; however, it grew into a really great show.

As a side note, I tried watching the Food Wars anime {which just had its first episode in Japan} for something lighter. But, I couldn't make it through the first episode. Too much ecchi. Apparently, there won't actually be a lot of it throughout the series, but yeah...I'm definitely not a fan of ecchi.

High-functioning Unicorn

@su: well,, if you like comedy, you'll enjoy Gintama. Not necessarily the best anime ever, but still fun to watch biggrin

@DCB: Steins;Gate any good? I'm generally not really good with too serious anime, unless it's really mind-blowing genius.

oh, and I just remembered that 2 years ago I bought Card Captor Sakura DVD box, complete season+movies biggrin Haven't watched it yet... I'm afraid I'm gonna feel really old after watching couples of episodes classified_fu

Aekea Scarface

@yaki; Steins;Gate actually starts off as not that serious of an anime. While there are definitely a few serious moments, the first episodes are really light-hearted.

I'd say go for it. Overall, I think it has a good balance of light and serious.

EDIT; Also, the English dub is available on FUNimation's YouTube channel. I, personally, watched the subbed version. However, I think the dub version would still be just as good.

Cat

Susue
has anyone watched Gintama? there seems to be like a series from 06 and like a few OVA's...idk. it's in the top 10 highest rated anime on myanimelist but that's not always reliable for my taste in anime haha

but all the reviews are like
this is the best anime ever made
rofl idk i watched two episodes it wasn't...bad? it's straight up comedy and i did laugh a couple times...for how it's set up i wasn't as annoyed as i'd usually be?????

idk lol i only like two longer anime series out of all the ones i like .-. so i'm like will this be worth the commitment? haha
I've tried watching a few episodes. It's funny but didn't blow my mind. I bet it's one of those nostalgia series that people start then just fall in love with and continue to love for the sake of nostalgia.

Alien Invader

Kitt Koneko
I've tried watching a few episodes. It's funny but didn't blow my mind. I bet it's one of those nostalgia series that people start then just fall in love with and continue to love for the sake of nostalgia.

haha the idea of feeling nostalgic over a 2006 anime makes me feel SOOOO ANCIENT classified_fu

i was talking to my bro about how i really want to rewatch the android and cell sagas from DBZ and he was like you should really just keep those enjoyable memories in your past because you will not feel the same as you did when you were like 11 years old lol
emotion_donotwant

Aekea Scarface

The DBZ sagas are all just, "Oh, it's still this saga?"

Like they last forever. gonk

Alien Invader

one fight takes 6 episodes to complete
and IT'S NOT EVEN THE BIG FIGHT YET?

i heard there was like an abridged version of DBZ that came out rofl maybe one day if i find myself in the deepest depths of boredom

Aekea Scarface

Oh, DBZ Kai? It's supposed to be more faithful to the manga. It's like the same deal Sailor Moon Crystal.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff