Welcome to Gaia! ::

ninja

Romantic Bookworm

Anjoulie
yuki_lily
I just used MS Paint to make the pixel dolls. Pixel art at it's most basic. I guess I could use it to make a cross stitch grid, but it also would be very time consuming. I'm sure there's a program out there to make your own patterns on.

Ooo! Thank you for the link. That will certainly help. I've made a bit of progress, but all the Philosopher's Caches are taking up a goodly amount of space. Maybe I should get them all open and use the recipes that only take caches.

It's just the regular stuff in the salsa. It says it has peppers in it, but it doesn't taste like it does. Rather than Asian, it's reminding me more of pineapple on pizza. It's not bad, just odd. I don't think I'll get it again and just stick to my chipolte and garlic salsa.

Oh ok. That does sound like it might be time consuming. What I think might be more useful would be something you could just draw the outline on (or use a scanned drawing), then put a grid on top and add the snow. - I was thinking Inkscape maybe but I haven't gotten around to actually learning that yet. (And I vaguely remember Inkscape was about images that scale, which could be the opposite of what one wants when doing pixel art. XD)
There are definitely programs to make patterns. The shop that sells those fox and bird kits sells one that allows people to turn their photos into patterns but I'd expect there are also programs that allow you to draw free-hand.

You're welcome. :3 I can tell you what happens when you open all the caches and start using them. You end up with a looooot of colored caches in your inventory that you can't quite use and keep running out of the ones you need. Ask me how I know! =)
I put them into my storage sorted by unopened, then colors, so I could only pull out those I needed. But a few days/weeks ago somebody threw lots of swift caches into the dumpster, so now my other inventory is a bit cluttered with random components. @.@

The regular stuff is like the stuff you get in movie theaters, for example? In my books that's tagged as "edible but not great". ^^
I've never had one of those pineapple pizzas. Probably because it's odd and usually comes with ham.
The salsa recipe I use is similar to this one, except that mine contains radish and I omit the cilantro because it's ew.

I didn't think about sorting my opened cache into the storage. That's a good idea!

So I did an adult thing today! I bought shelves and with help from the hubby (cause he's a giant and can reach things without needing a step stool) we even got them up. =D Though the adulting pretty much ends there. Top shelf is for Christmas stuff, second for vinyl Pop figurines, and the last one is for things we don't mind the three year old getting his hands on. Right now that's a collection of Peanuts comics he calls "Charlie Brown".

O.o They serve chips and salsa at the movies? Seems like a messy food to eat in the dark. Though I've seen nachos sold at movie theaters. Again, too messy. I like cilantro in my salsa. Though I know a lot of people says it tastes like soap. I don't think I've ever had salsa with radish in it. Could be interesting.

Magnetic Phantom

yuki_lily
I didn't think about sorting my opened cache into the storage. That's a good idea!

So I did an adult thing today! I bought shelves and with help from the hubby (cause he's a giant and can reach things without needing a step stool) we even got them up. =D Though the adulting pretty much ends there. Top shelf is for Christmas stuff, second for vinyl Pop figurines, and the last one is for things we don't mind the three year old getting his hands on. Right now that's a collection of Peanuts comics he calls "Charlie Brown".

O.o They serve chips and salsa at the movies? Seems like a messy food to eat in the dark. Though I've seen nachos sold at movie theaters. Again, too messy. I like cilantro in my salsa. Though I know a lot of people says it tastes like soap. I don't think I've ever had salsa with radish in it. Could be interesting.

I did that way back because I used to get lots of them from the dumpster and they were all over the place and hard to find. I also have chance items, surplus aquarium stuff (I need to dump), and surplus event items and such in the storage.
Oh and make sure to sort stuff while in the "all" tab. Last night I accidentally moved a few things while in the "equip" tab and it messed up that page and half of the next one. ._.

Wait, you didn't have shelves before? o.o I always imagined your place to be crammed with bookshelves and cats. XD
Did you secure them to the wall too? Recently, I noticed that Ikea has this added to the description of just about every piece of furniture that's usually put up against a wall. While I remember I did climb up shelves as a kid, I don't remember ever knocking one over but I suppose it happens.
I think I know the Peanuts books you mean. Interestingly, the Peanuts are more popular here as "Snoopy & the Peanuts". As a kid, I mostly just thought of them as "The Snoopy comics". =)

Yeah, tortilla chips (so they're a bit more sturdy than potato ones) and they let you choose between salsa and that nasty cheese dip. At least they did, last time I went to the movies quite a while ago. I agree that it's not a great idea though, once I saw someone drop theirs.
Cilantro even tastes like bugs to some people. ^^
I was sceptical about the radish too but found out it doesn't make a big difference taste-wise. My guess is that it mostly just adds volume and something more solid than tomatoes and cuts down on the cost. (At least here, a radish bundle is often cheaper than tomatoes.)

Romantic Bookworm

Anjoulie
yuki_lily

I did that way back because I used to get lots of them from the dumpster and they were all over the place and hard to find. I also have chance items, surplus aquarium stuff (I need to dump), and surplus event items and such in the storage.
Oh and make sure to sort stuff while in the "all" tab. Last night I accidentally moved a few things while in the "equip" tab and it messed up that page and half of the next one. ._.

Wait, you didn't have shelves before? o.o I always imagined your place to be crammed with bookshelves and cats. XD
Did you secure them to the wall too? Recently, I noticed that Ikea has this added to the description of just about every piece of furniture that's usually put up against a wall. While I remember I did climb up shelves as a kid, I don't remember ever knocking one over but I suppose it happens.
I think I know the Peanuts books you mean. Interestingly, the Peanuts are more popular here as "Snoopy & the Peanuts". As a kid, I mostly just thought of them as "The Snoopy comics". =)

Yeah, tortilla chips (so they're a bit more sturdy than potato ones) and they let you choose between salsa and that nasty cheese dip. At least they did, last time I went to the movies quite a while ago. I agree that it's not a great idea though, once I saw someone drop theirs.
Cilantro even tastes like bugs to some people. ^^
I was sceptical about the radish too but found out it doesn't make a big difference taste-wise. My guess is that it mostly just adds volume and something more solid than tomatoes and cuts down on the cost. (At least here, a radish bundle is often cheaper than tomatoes.)

I have plenty of bookcases throughout the house, but these are the first "floating shelves" we've put up. I'm not sure where I'm going to put the bookcase I moved from that wall space (there's now a children's bookcase in the shape of a house below the floating shelves). I'm not sure where I'm going to put it though. I might have to do some rearranging in my crafting room. XD

It's the same here, with radishes being cheaper than tomatoes. My sister-in-law introduced me to sautéd radishes. They taste a little like potatoes when cooked through and loose their heat/bite. So yummy!

It's been a while since I've gone to the movies as well, but we're going today to see Frozen 2. I'm hoping I can get the one year old to sleep through most of it. And hopefully the three year old will be distracted by popcorn.

Magnetic Phantom

yuki_lily
I have plenty of bookcases throughout the house, but these are the first "floating shelves" we've put up. I'm not sure where I'm going to put the bookcase I moved from that wall space (there's now a children's bookcase in the shape of a house below the floating shelves). I'm not sure where I'm going to put it though. I might have to do some rearranging in my crafting room. XD

It's the same here, with radishes being cheaper than tomatoes. My sister-in-law introduced me to sautéd radishes. They taste a little like potatoes when cooked through and loose their heat/bite. So yummy!

It's been a while since I've gone to the movies as well, but we're going today to see Frozen 2. I'm hoping I can get the one year old to sleep through most of it. And hopefully the three year old will be distracted by popcorn.

Ah, now I get it. And oooh, you have your own crafting room! =)

That's interesting, I don't think I've ever had radishes that were heated before.

Oh nice! (Well, I guess it's gonna be. I haven't seen the first part. XD)
Isn't it too loud in a movie theater for somebody to sleep tho?
Now I'm kind of craving popcorn too ... and that is distracting. :3
ninja

Romantic Bookworm

Anjoulie
yuki_lily

It's the same here, with radishes being cheaper than tomatoes. My sister-in-law introduced me to sautéed radishes. They taste a little like potatoes when cooked through and loose their heat/bite. So yummy!

Ah, now I get it. And oooh, you have your own crafting room! =)

That's interesting, I don't think I've ever had radishes that were heated before.

Oh nice! (Well, I guess it's gonna be. I haven't seen the first part. XD)
Isn't it too loud in a movie theater for somebody to sleep tho?
Now I'm kind of craving popcorn too ... and that is distracting. :3

My crafting room is an awful mess right now though. I moved around some bookcases so there's stuff all in the middle of the room. And it's not a very large room either. It's kinda like a small home office.

The movie was okay. Songs were not as catchy as in the first movie. Though sequels rarely hold up compared to the first one. The baby totally slept through most of the movie. The three year old wanted me to hold him the whole time and kept asking to leave. He is apparently not a fan of Frozen.
ninja

Magnetic Phantom

yuki_lily
My crafting room is an awful mess right now though. I moved around some bookcases so there's stuff all in the middle of the room. And it's not a very large room either. It's kinda like a small home office.

The movie was okay. Songs were not as catchy as in the first movie. Though sequels rarely hold up compared to the first one. The baby totally slept through most of the movie. The three year old wanted me to hold him the whole time and kept asking to leave. He is apparently not a fan of Frozen.

Oh that reminds me of when I had the "fun" idea to reorganize my books once. Also, a while ago I got a little lost on youtube watching random people's art/craft room decluttering videos. (Let's say some people have surprising lost of stuff ...)
But hey, it's still a room of your own! :3

Now that you mention it, I'm not sure I've ever seen one of the Disney sequels.
Maybe Frozen is more of a girl thing and/or he's a bit too young for it?
But since he likes he Peanuts, maybe he would like the Moomins.

Romantic Bookworm

Anjoulie
yuki_lily

Oh that reminds me of when I had the "fun" idea to reorganize my books once. Also, a while ago I got a little lost on youtube watching random people's art/craft room decluttering videos. (Let's say some people have surprising lost of stuff ...)
But hey, it's still a room of your own! :3

Now that you mention it, I'm not sure I've ever seen one of the Disney sequels.
Maybe Frozen is more of a girl thing and/or he's a bit too young for it?
But since he likes he Peanuts, maybe he would like the Moomins.

I like watching organization videos. And organizing other people's stuff. Maybe that's why retail appeals to me? (Everything has a place and you just need to keep it tidy.) It's just difficult to apply to your own stuff. XD

Moomins? *looks it up* I've never heard of them before. I quickly watched a little bit on YouTube. The Japanese animated one reminds me of Little Nemo's Adventures in Slumberland. Though the English voice acting is lacking.

Vicious Visionary

15,300 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Conventioneer 300

Magnetic Phantom

yuki_lily
I like watching organization videos. And organizing other people's stuff. Maybe that's why retail appeals to me? (Everything has a place and you just need to keep it tidy.) It's just difficult to apply to your own stuff. XD

Moomins? *looks it up* I've never heard of them before. I quickly watched a little bit on YouTube. The Japanese animated one reminds me of Little Nemo's Adventures in Slumberland. Though the English voice acting is lacking.

I can relate. XD
On the other hand, one of the videos I stumbled upon was this one and I think I would have dispaired at that task.

Oh, I assumed the Moomins were more popular in the US. Drawn & Quarterly published some nice collection volumes at about the same time that the Peanuts books were made. They're listed here, if you scroll down a bit. (Amazon will let you look into some of them.) I think the ones at the top right are novels with illustrations.
I haven't watched any of the animated stuff, actually, I only had the first volume of those comics which I bought for fair-weather-friend once who was a huge fan.
ninja

Romantic Bookworm

Anjoulie
yuki_lily

I can relate. XD
On the other hand, one of the videos I stumbled upon was this one and I think I would have dispaired at that task.

Oh, I assumed the Moomins were more popular in the US. Drawn & Quarterly published some nice collection volumes at about the same time that the Peanuts books were made. They're listed here, if you scroll down a bit. (Amazon will let you look into some of them.) I think the ones at the top right are novels with illustrations.
I haven't watched any of the animated stuff, actually, I only had the first volume of those comics which I bought for fair-weather-friend once who was a huge fan.

Yeah, taking a month to just organize a craft room is crazy. Though I kinda want the racks she had her stamp collection on. Or maybe a little bit bigger, for housing DVDs and Blurays. My husband's collection is expanding and we're running low on shelving.

Speaking of weird white creatures, I'm trying to gift hunt for a white elephant give exchange. We have a $15 limit, but I don't want to do anything that is completely useless or something that people have a million of (i.e. mugs, fuzzy socks, lip balm, scented candles, etc.). Amazon is not being helpful.

Magnetic Phantom

yuki_lily
Yeah, taking a month to just organize a craft room is crazy. Though I kinda want the racks she had her stamp collection on. Or maybe a little bit bigger, for housing DVDs and Blurays. My husband's collection is expanding and we're running low on shelving.

Speaking of weird white creatures, I'm trying to gift hunt for a white elephant give exchange. We have a $15 limit, but I don't want to do anything that is completely useless or something that people have a million of (i.e. mugs, fuzzy socks, lip balm, scented candles, etc.). Amazon is not being helpful.

She has a crazy amount of stuff tho, even afterwards.
I thought basically everyone was using those Ikea Billy shelves these days. XD
I haven't even been keeping up with movie releases for the past ... few years or so. The surfeit of super hero stuff was part of why. There's just too much of everything. o.o

What was the white elephant thing again? Do you have to buy something for a random person or for someone specific? The latter would be easier.
I wouldn't mind getting socks, as I keep running out of them.
But yeah, the rest might end up being clutter. I have a friend who loathes scented candles. We went to Ikea once, her reaction to the scented candle section that you inevitably pass was priceless. XD

Some (card) games would be within that limit, I think ...
... Searching your local Amazon isn't fun. It keeps badly translating stuff and asking me to search my local one. Also, I shouldn't get lost down that rabbit hole ... XD
I found a few cat-themed ones, if that helps: Cat Chaos, Cat Lady, and Cat Crimes - the latter is a single-player game.
Also some nerdy ones (Virulence, Covalence, Ion, Peptide). (And now I want the Cytosis and Subatomic board games ... but those were > $15)
and some somewhat naughty stuff because I used "card games for adults" as the search term.
Oh, there's even one in hipster design.
Ah, this one might be fun for your son. (There's a second one of this also.)
Kanoodle (seems to have two follow-ups), Little Master Chef, Trash Pandas
*deliberately closes that tab and stops searching* XD

ETA because my brain is slow:
How about a book? There should be some decent paperbacks in that price range. :3

Also, there are way too many XD in this post.

ETA2 "found" a book:
Fox 8
an illustrated book that is not for children - at least not for those learning how to spell. =)

I suppose you probably got something by now tho.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff