Welcome to Gaia! ::

Magnetic Phantom

merefire
Merry belated Christmas, mere!

Sweet Sex Symbol

Anjoulie
Happy Holidays, Sid!
(We celebrate on the 24th here btw, so it wouldn't have been early for me. wink )
Thank you.
Oh? I had no idea. Learn something new every day ;P
Aldfridus
Thank you. Much love.

==========================

So I stayed up in NY to hang out with Dar (the boyfriend) and his family for Christmas. I also was house/dog sitting with Dar from 20th-26th. Poji (POH-gee) is a little over 10 mo. old Great Pyrenees. Probably around 100 lbs already. Some pics:
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.............User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Since he's a puppy, he's quite friendly and playful. So much energy and could play pretty much all day. He kept trying to get me to wrestle him when I was doing stuff. Also he does that cat thing with the door to the backyard. I'd get tired of it so I'd leave him out there for a bit until he actually wanted to come in.
Also he followed us around like a baby. Cute. But he also kept putting him nose in my butt...not so cute. >.>

As for Christmas, we went to Dar's house on the eve to hang out with his mom and watch A Christmas Story with cookies. Relaxing. Next day went back to his house (slept at Poji's for house sitting) for presents. She got us a lot of lotto tickets. We only won $3 between the both of us. Heh. Later went to his grandparents' place with other relatives. More presents and lotto tickets. I won a dollar. >.>

It was all pretty fun and relaxing. Then I had to drive home by myself. That was pretty tiring. 8-ish hour drive. At least the weather was clear. Well, at least up until about an hour left, but I got home without incident. Yay.

Two New Year's parties planned. Hurray, socializing! Must get fun in now. Gonna work soon after January starts. Back to my line cook job for a couple weeks before going back to RIT. Money gaia_gaiagold gaia_diamond gaia_gaiagold

Oh, also, my parents like to go out shopping when I get back from college. Fine by me since they buy me things...ah, to be a (kind of) spoiled only child. Today we went to the mall and I got two Hello Kitty pj's and a faux leather jacket. We also went to see the 3rd Hobbit movie this morning. It was all pretty good except for the guy behind me kicking the seat. Ugh.

/end rant

Feline Enchantress

lovely_sidney
But he also kept putting him nose in my butt

Can you really blame him?

emotion_awesome

lovely_sidney
Two New Year's parties planned. Hurray, socializing! Must get fun in now. Gonna work soon after January starts. Back to my line cook job for a couple weeks before going back to RIT. Money gaia_gaiagold gaia_diamond gaia_gaiagold

I have nothing planned for New Year's. BUT, I'll go camping later.

I'll be working a lot, too. Gotta get money to waste money.

lovely_sidney
Today we went to the mall and I got two Hello Kitty pj's and a faux leather jacket. We also went to see the 3rd Hobbit movie this morning. It was all pretty good except for the guy behind me kicking the seat. Ugh.

/end rant

I want to see the 3rd Hobbit movie, but I fear I'll be disappointed!

Magnetic Phantom

lovely_sidney
I thought the Christmas-on-24th thing was somewhat known by now. XD

Those are huge dogs.
My guest dog isn't quite as big but she still successfully mutinied running in the woods today. ._.

I've never driven for this long. I hope you took breaks! o.o

Maybe their spoiling you is just some kind of extension of Christmas. Since they don't get to see you as often, they may not know as well what you might want or need, so they take you shopping and you identify it for them. =D
I'd like to have some of these US-kind PJs, but not Hello Kitty or superhero-themed ones,
just some with normal silly stuff on them. A few years ago I found one here that had apples on it, but it was ridiculously expensive. ;_;

I have yet to see the third Hobbit movie. I'm not sure that's going to happen.
Also, I love your rants and I hate it when people kick the seat.
Aldfridus
I want to see the 3rd Hobbit movie, but I fear I'll be disappointed!
By the movie itself or by you not getting to see it?

Romantic Bookworm

Happy New Year guys!

*is currently trying to clear out PM inbox as a way to start the new year fresh and without PMs from 2012*

Feline Enchantress

Anjoulie
By the movie itself or by you not getting to see it?

By the movie itself. But people have found it amusing, so there's that.

yuki_lily
Happy New Year guys!

*is currently trying to clear out PM inbox as a way to start the new year fresh and without PMs from 2012*

Aw, crap. Now you made me remember that I did that by mistake last year.

I had saved PM's from 2006, even.

Happy new year <3

Magnetic Phantom

Happy New Year!
yuki_lily
Happy New Year guys!

My PM inbox is a mess, but I did clear my desktop trash bin! =D

Aldfridus
Well, at least it will finally have an end. I still think it would probably have been better as one or two movies instead of three. With less battles. Perhaps also without the tacked-on love story.
It might have made them a bit less money, but then again, maybe Tolkien's son would have allowed them to make more Middle Earth movies.

Sweet Sex Symbol

Aldfridus
That's pretty much what my boyfriend said every time I complained about Poji doing so. I mean I think my derriere is nice, but I don't want a dog snout up there.

Good luck and have fun with camping. With friends/family or just by yourself? I've actually never been real camping with a tent, making fires, and catching own food. Just been to summer camp where we had cabins (although a bit dingy) and day hiking.

Did you like the other two? I think the 3rd part had the most action (although I don't remember that much from the third, but I feel like it was the most boring and drawn-out of the three).
Anjoulie
I had no idea, but that may be because the US is pretty naive and uncultured. Most of the history classes we take are "American History" of some sort. Even the "World History" classes focus mostly on US and European countries. Those other continents? Nah, who cares.

I took breaks during the drive if you count the two gas stops I took (well one of those was also pee break). I mostly just ate on the road.

Hmm, that might be it. I think it's a sort of "honeymoon" effect when I come back. Just happy to have me back and want to express their joy. I don't have a problem with it.

Ha, good to know that you enjoy them. Since my visits are sometimes far and in between, I usually have a lot of subject to cover. Yeah, after some passive-aggressive pushing the seat back at him, I just stood up, turned around, and glared at him. It was some middle-aged white man, so he really has no excuse to be doing that. It's not like he's a young child that doesn't know any better.

Feline Enchantress

Anjoulie
Aldfridus
Well, at least it will finally have an end. I still think it would probably have been better as one or two movies instead of three. With less battles. Perhaps also without the tacked-on love story.
It might have made them a bit less money, but then again, maybe Tolkien's son would have allowed them to make more Middle Earth movies.

It would have been one great movie. And I liked the amount of battles in the other two films.

It's just that they dragged on and on and on.

lovely_sidney
That's pretty much what my boyfriend said every time I complained about Poji doing so. I mean I think my derriere is nice, but I don't want a dog snout up there.

Good luck and have fun with camping. With friends/family or just by yourself? I've actually never been real camping with a tent, making fires, and catching own food. Just been to summer camp where we had cabins (although a bit dingy) and day hiking.

Did you like the other two? I think the 3rd part had the most action (although I don't remember that much from the third, but I feel like it was the most boring and drawn-out of the three).

Yeah, I wouldn't like that either. But it could be worst.
One of my ex's girl doggy used to bite my butt. That's worst, really.
(And her little sister started to do it later on. That's worstest).

I'm going camping with friends, and maybe family, if they want to join us.
I'll catch crabs and bring other good food. And I won't bathe for days!

I did like the other two movies, and the synergy between the cast.
But most long movies get boring, if they start to stretch the plot just because.

I disliked the second one the most. I was all like:

- "Why does it takes so long to find a plant?"
- "They should be dead with all of those stunts"
- "Why aren't they burnt already?"
- "That not how molten gold works"

Salty Smoker

Anjoulie
I... have no idea

On a side note, the fact that this holiday's gold sink had to go into the trillions is a sad reflection of the shambles that gaia has become.

Magnetic Phantom

lovely_sidney
I had no idea, but that may be because the US is pretty naive and uncultured. Most of the history classes we take are "American History" of some sort. Even the "World History" classes focus mostly on US and European countries. Those other continents? Nah, who cares.

I took breaks during the drive if you count the two gas stops I took (well one of those was also pee break). I mostly just ate on the road.

Hmm, that might be it. I think it's a sort of "honeymoon" effect when I come back. Just happy to have me back and want to express their joy. I don't have a problem with it.

Ha, good to know that you enjoy them. Since my visits are sometimes far and in between, I usually have a lot of subject to cover. Yeah, after some passive-aggressive pushing the seat back at him, I just stood up, turned around, and glared at him. It was some middle-aged white man, so he really has no excuse to be doing that. It's not like he's a young child that doesn't know any better.
I was hoping for something better - or rather I think it would be better if that was happening.
I mean, we get our fair share of German and European history (more than that, if you ask me, it's not like there's much to enjoy there).
I've always wished we'd get some more of other, more far off countries,
but we did cover most things at least a little bit, I think.
Reading National Geographic magazines for a while also helped, although it gave me an overdose of ancient Egyptian and Central/South American cultures. (Sorry, Al.)

Did the staring work though? I'm always a bit afraid to do that. Once there was a kid sitting close to me texting all the time, with the keystroke noise enabled. He seemed like that low-life person who only goes places with a gang of friends and I thought that he was much older than he turned out to be when the lights came back on. So I merely glared which he didn't even notice, of course.

Magnetic Phantom

Yotsudai
On a side note, the fact that this holiday's gold sink had to go into the trillions is a sad reflection of the shambles that gaia has become.
I don't even notice anymore since I adblocked the code for the direct link to it a few gold sinks ago.
It's surprising that people are still donating to them at all because it's not like we were getting anything good from them - or rather, it's like that justifies them holding for ransom whatever their dubious rewards are. Meanwhile, the "events" just get less and less accessible for anyone who doesn't throw money at them, even after those "kickstarters."
Aldfridus
It would have been one great movie. And I liked the amount of battles in the other two films.

I remember sitting in the first one all: "I don't think that happened in the book ..." but I admit I still didn't get around to rereading the book.
Oh and I also remember thinking: "Why couldn't they have used the eagles in the first place?" like a déjà vu of the last LOTR movie.

Feline Enchantress

Anjoulie
Aldfridus

I remember sitting in the first one all: "I don't think that happened in the book ..." but I admit I still didn't get around to rereading the book.
Oh and I also remember thinking: "Why couldn't they have used the eagles in the first place?" like a déjà vu of the last LOTR movie.

Oh, the eagles.

There's tons of crackpot theories about why they didn't use the eagles in LOTR.

In The Hobbit, not so much.

Magnetic Phantom

Aldfridus
Oh, the eagles.

There's tons of crackpot theories about why they didn't use the eagles in LOTR.

In The Hobbit, not so much.

Yeah, the eagles. sad They're such a deus ex machina in LOTR.

I'm pretty sure the eagles weren't in the book version of The Hobbit.

How was your camping trip? :3

Feline Enchantress

Anjoulie
How was your camping trip? :3

Ate tons of crab and fish. Spent a lot of time swimming and going around on a boat.

Played with my little cousins. I'm so sore.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff