Welcome to Gaia! ::

I have no superstitions, but I have reason to believe I get lucky on the thirteenth day of every month. razz

Oh, and a true fact about the 13th: In the US, Fridays are unlucky; in South America (or most of it, from what I gather), it's actually Tuesdays that are unlucky "Martes 13, oooooo!"; and I think it's France or somewhere around there that have unlucky Wednesdays the 13th.
Yeah, I don't know what to think about superstitions anymore. razz

"It's bad luck to be superstitious!!"

Did you know there's a building that skips about 20 floors because somewhere in the world, that number is considered to be unlucky? whee
(I wanna ride that elevator just to see if I can get all of them right!! >D 4, 7, 9, 13, 16?, 23... Hmm...)

Shy Sex Symbol

10,700 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Tycoon 200
cry hey I read the posts ;c callin' me stupid huh? >.>

Blessed Prophet

8,800 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
User Image

HA.
I have a geography exam on that day. FML.

3,650 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Full closet 200
ninja I need money, but i get great luck on friday the 13th!

Feral Genius

9,500 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Elocutionist 200
Cecilia Sakura-Hime
I have no superstitions, but I have reason to believe I get lucky on the thirteenth day of every month. razz

Oh, and a true fact about the 13th: In the US, Fridays are unlucky; in South America (or most of it, from what I gather), it's actually Tuesdays that are unlucky "Martes 13, oooooo!"; and I think it's France or somewhere around there that have unlucky Wednesdays the 13th.

Did you know there's a building that skips about 20 floors because somewhere in the world, that number is considered to be unlucky? whee
(I wanna ride that elevator just to see if I can get all of them right!! >D 4, 7, 9, 13, 16?, 23... Hmm...)
In Japan, 4 is the number of the dead. whee
Hajima Hotaru
Cecilia Sakura-Hime

In Japan, 4 is the number of the dead. whee

They actually don't put 13 on airplane numbers because of the fear of it. rolleyes
how is it bad luck on friday the 13th
agreed tbh. every day of my freaking life is friday 13th :l
i mean today, after months of being underminded, and derogatory behavior towards me i quit my job, crying my eyes out, although i now dont feel worthless at my job, i feel worthless at home because i dont have one, im only 17 :l every frigging day is friday the freaking 13th -_-;.

Fashionable Shapeshifter

7,400 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Wall Street 200
"You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret..."

Idk if someone already put this, but here it is:

Wikipedia!

I honestly don't believe in any superstitions. If you go under a ladder, it just might fall on you which is really the only reason you shouldn't do that. Black cats are born black (but they were associated with witches, which is the original reason why people believe they're bad luck.)

My mom was also born on Friday the 13th. She doesn't have any unexplainable bad things happen to her or something. But she's not extremely lucky. She's pretty much average (in the luck sense I guess).

"...all the best people are."

5,050 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Flatterer 200
Hajima Hotaru
Phantoms Harpy
Hajima Hotaru
Phantoms Harpy
Hajima Hotaru
That's the way people thought back then. If something bad happened, it was because it was a bad day. If someone went missing, dragons ate them. The bubonic plague was God's wrath unleashed upon mankind. They couldn't determine the causes of everything around them, so they filled in the blanks with beliefs.

I can understand that. I just don't see why it seems to have just kept going. Friday the 13th is just another day to me. It's no more dangerous than any other day. I'm not going to go hide under a rock because of a number.
It's the same reason organized religion still exists; the power of belief is great.

(NOT TRYING TO START ANY RELIGION DEBATES HERE ;-; )

It's fine. I have my step mother who's a pagan and my other family is Christian. I'm a very open minded person about things like this. It's just a friendly debate but we're all entitled to our own opinions. Like for instance I own a tarot deck and do readings. But while I respect the cards and their meanings I still believe that it's just me picking cards at random and then interpreting what they mean. My step mom always said that the cards were only as powerful as you let them be. I've adopted that belief into much of my life.
The religious disclaimer is for the various idiots that will inevitably read these posts; it wasn't directed toward you at all. :3

I'm a big fan of Tarot and Astrology because I've noticed a good amount of daily horoscopes turn out to be true. Tarot kind of freaks me out a little, so I don't consult it too often. (My mom told me it was powered by demons when I was little. XD)

I'm more freaked out by a Oujia board than anything else. I think Tarot just tells you something you've already known and just gives you possible outcomes.

5,450 Points
  • Member 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
Superstitions mostly mean close to nothing.
I think it was because way back when some people claimed they had evidence that Jesus was not the son of god, so on friday the 13th the vadican went out and killed all of them. Please not im not religious, but that is what i was told.

5,800 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Consumer 100
Because of the "bloody crusades" back in the day. During the days back in 1310 when the Knights Templar and the catholic church were told to have mass killings on anyone against the church. That is why people hold frinday the 13th as bad luck. It is just a stupid superstition, that people take too far.

5,800 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Consumer 100
FrostyPrincess
I think it was because way back when some people claimed they had evidence that Jesus was not the son of god, so on friday the 13th the vadican went out and killed all of them. Please not im not religious, but that is what i was told.
well my friend you were told wrong, totally wrong, the catholic church was involved during the dark ages with the knights templar to kill anyone who was a non believer for hersey at about the 1300's and that is why 13 is superstitious.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff