• Forum Regular 100
ANTER0S
The Chosen Captain
ANTER0S

Utterly disappointed. Was this purely marketing, I think so. *scoff*
Now to enjoy the trolling and noobish stupidity, we apparently worked
and spent our money for. Bravo.

Marketing it is not.
If it was marketing the dev notice would look better and they'd try to sell us something.

Not about the 'dev notice'.
Just my overall opinion.
I do not deny that Gaia, had clearly stated that this would happen sometime soon.

Then I misunderstood. In what way would you call it marketing?

Phantom

12,450 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Nerd 50
Even though I don't benefit from it, I'm very happy with the extension on the Bloodstone refund offer. 3nodding I also hope you will unsoulbind the Amulets!

Original Sex Symbol

I think its a great idea to have it unsoulbind on a variety or reasons (for me):

1. Bought it since DMS opened w/ "zOMG bloodstone amulet" and no refund option.
2. I barely play zOMG for months now and probably never will (moved onto Dragon Nest RPG)
3. Its useless rendered in my inventory rather than a wearable item itself.
4. If unsoulbind - I can sell it on marketplace and give it to someone who actually loves zOMG.

Combative Soldier

13,450 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Shinmetorii
Even though I don't benefit from it, I'm very happy with the extension on the Bloodstone refund offer. 3nodding I also hope you will unsoulbind the Amulets!

I read somewhere that they did already. IM'm not sure though

Apocalyptic Lover

siskataya
011100000110100101100101X
siskataya
* Regarding the complaints that not enough notice was given that DMS was being opened to the public, we agree that we could have done better on announcing this. We just got excited that it was now open, and thought since we has said before it would one day be made publicly available, that a fun surprise dev notice would be a good way to let everyone know. Sorry if this seemed random and out of the blue! From now on, we'll try our best to give at least 2 days notice that such changes are about to happen. This does not, of course, include any surprise features/changes that we want to be fun surprises for the community, in which case it makes no sense to make an advance notice! That would be silly!

For an event like this, more than two days would seem better. You would refund any Amulet/Gem from the past two weeks and not send an early reminder the same? Some events would require different timing depending on the situation. Which is how people got so riled up. I think it would be better for four days since that is the amount of days we had gotten when DMS was first opened with the Amulets. Oh well, can't go back in time- yet.

Quote:
* We're looking into unsoulbinding the Amulet and I'll let you know once we have a decision on this biggrin

Really, what is the point of unsoulbinding it?
If DMS is free now, who would want it besides the aesthetic feature it gives?
Can't sell it when DMS is free forever.

Thanks for the response and your feedback! The two-day notification was just a minimum guideline - of course we'll try and give a reasonable heads up on things, but it might be the case that in some situations we don't have more time. We'll do the best we can though smile

And as for the amulets, we've had a LOT of requests from community members asking for it to be unsoulbound. This is why we'd unsoulbind it, if that is the route we choose to go and/or can go.

Take care,
Sisky

So, uhh, since you guys explicitly told us they were to be soulbound and limited and DMS would be open later to everyone, but are going against this anyway, does that mean you'll re-release halos and stuff? Cause I mean, alot of people want that too. :/
While the Boardwalk tickets made sense, since you guys stopped working on the game and all, why does this get something? People got what they bought.

Also, you guys really should have at least, I dunno, fixed people's paid content before releasing it to everyone. I mean, once it worked and they had a chance to finish all the quests, then release it. confused

Beloved Vampire

There were still plenty of noobs during the free days..idk about regular times...that bogged down the process. Heck, there were plenty of experienced bloodstone players that were sucky t o be with. Now that there is free access, the amount of experienced EB cl10 players is much higher. I posit fewer dumdums, actually, percentage wise.

Writing from mobile, sry for typos
Utsuha Moon
Truthfully, after I have calmed down from the rage, I can see how this will be amazing. The problem with users who just bought the gem or amulet was just solved, so I have nothing more to complain.

But here is something: Not everyone who bought the gem or amulet was able to access DMS for almost an entire year. I only joined Gaia towards the very end of March 2012, so the whole idea of DMS opening to everyone was foreign to me until I really started digging into the older threads when I started learning how to aggro. I've only had the Bloodstone Gem since the beginning of August, give or take one or two days.

I do not regret buying the gem, however, since I got priceless experience with friends and met dedicated zOMG users.

I think one of the most important factor that is making most of Gaians rage is simply because of the noobs. Not newbs, but noobs who give a bad reputation to the people who are dedicated to learning their way around DMS. Personally, during the 3-day free access days, I was recrewted multiple times into a really inexperience crew in which I had to argue with many people to not take certain rings (Fire Rain, Dervish, Diagnose). THAT is what most of us are afraid of.

I took a small peak at Ranch and found that the majority of people had Fire Rain and/or Diagnose on. It doesn't look so good, though I believe most of them will change their ringsets when told. It's just that 5% of new players will be stubborn and demand to take certain rings into DMS. That is what I'm most afraid of.

I'm not scared to crew with five other 10.0's. I'm not worried about having to teach new players. I'm only concerned about the noobs who destroy the fun of DMSing.

siskataya

As a side note because I'm too lazy to make another post, thank you for the clarification. I (and I'm sure many others will) really appreciate it. 3nodding

Nishishazima's Significant Otter

Vicious Kitten

15,700 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Devoted Fortune Seeker 400
  • Ultimate Player 200
Ok im sorry to say but im PISSED. They know allow it open to everyone after i spent 600k on the bloodstone that i could have used on my friends item that im helping him create. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nishishazima's Significant Otter

Vicious Kitten

15,700 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Devoted Fortune Seeker 400
  • Ultimate Player 200
Peria
k3wjcat5:0="Periantha]

This is so true. Besides that the amount of people being on causes more lags than you can imagine it also takes the fun out of dms. The noobs think they no so much amd then we start telling them what to do they get pissed and leave, or they dont have the right rings powered up and have to leave. It is going to be a pain to recrewt and a pain to teach them. They start ahead and do stuff there not supposed to and get killed and kill the rest of the team by aggroing nf or bd.

Genius

I'm having problems submitting a ticket.
When I go to the help center/my tickets page there is no button to submit a new ticket.
I've searched for information but none of the posts seem to answer what to do/how to submit a ticket, any help would be great x:

Lonely Lunatic

My Orange Juice
I'm having problems submitting a ticket.
When I go to the help center/my tickets page there is no button to submit a new ticket.
I've searched for information but none of the posts seem to answer what to do/how to submit a ticket, any help would be great x:

You're not alone, i don't know either how to submit one too, i bought the gem exactly a week and half ago :. Any answers would be nice to know.

PS. I made a previous post at Page 7 with the bought date, just in case.

Shy Werewolf

allegoriest
siskataya
011100000110100101100101X
siskataya
* Regarding the complaints that not enough notice was given that DMS was being opened to the public, we agree that we could have done better on announcing this. We just got excited that it was now open, and thought since we has said before it would one day be made publicly available, that a fun surprise dev notice would be a good way to let everyone know. Sorry if this seemed random and out of the blue! From now on, we'll try our best to give at least 2 days notice that such changes are about to happen. This does not, of course, include any surprise features/changes that we want to be fun surprises for the community, in which case it makes no sense to make an advance notice! That would be silly!

For an event like this, more than two days would seem better. You would refund any Amulet/Gem from the past two weeks and not send an early reminder the same? Some events would require different timing depending on the situation. Which is how people got so riled up. I think it would be better for four days since that is the amount of days we had gotten when DMS was first opened with the Amulets. Oh well, can't go back in time- yet.

Quote:
* We're looking into unsoulbinding the Amulet and I'll let you know once we have a decision on this biggrin

Really, what is the point of unsoulbinding it?
If DMS is free now, who would want it besides the aesthetic feature it gives?
Can't sell it when DMS is free forever.

Thanks for the response and your feedback! The two-day notification was just a minimum guideline - of course we'll try and give a reasonable heads up on things, but it might be the case that in some situations we don't have more time. We'll do the best we can though smile

And as for the amulets, we've had a LOT of requests from community members asking for it to be unsoulbound. This is why we'd unsoulbind it, if that is the route we choose to go and/or can go.

Take care,
Sisky

So, uhh, since you guys explicitly told us they were to be soulbound and limited and DMS would be open later to everyone, but are going against this anyway, does that mean you'll re-release halos and stuff? Cause I mean, alot of people want that too. :/
While the Boardwalk tickets made sense, since you guys stopped working on the game and all, why does this get something? People got what they bought.

Also, you guys really should have at least, I dunno, fixed people's paid content before releasing it to everyone. I mean, once it worked and they had a chance to finish all the quests, then release it. confused

User Image The Way of the Sword User Image
~~~0==}|3ladeglory~~~

MCs like Halos: "This month only!"
BB ticket: "Headstart!"
Bloodstone items: A single line in the original announcement saying it was possible that it would free.

Most people had no idea it would "one day be free" and telling them that it was buried in an old, vague announcement does not help. Giving people options helps soothe them.

cxnceited's Senpai

Omnipresent Spirit

17,900 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Cheercrusher 50

Mr Clocksy's Queen

Devoted Lover

20,425 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Object of Affection 150
I doubt these "good deeds" you speak of was really gaians trying to make gold and other trying not to be noobs anymore be becoming lvl 12(all rings) thank for the clarification though but what about those who been had the gem for months and work there butt a** to get it and be where they are will they at least get more then 50k refund for something that costed 800k+ at least 400-500k will surely make them happy

Fashionable Sex Symbol

13,600 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
Clouderoth
I refuse to pay cash for this site anymore. Straighten up, and be professional, and maybe I'll reconsider, but until then, I have more important things to do with my money.

This exactly.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces