7,950 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
Lady Callie G
Cimex Nympho
Lady Callie G
Cimex Nympho
I had some flax seed/soy oatmeal for breakfast. Lunch was a spinach salad, some blueberries, some peanuts, and a 10-grain muffin with jam. Dinner was kidney beans with vegetables. Then I had some soy ice cream with fruit, and grapes. I was so damn hungry a few hours later I grabbed some fries -__-;

That actually sounds like a good day of eating. Hmmm. You shouldn't be hungry with that. I would say that you need more carbs from fruit, grains or potatoes. Salad will NEVER be filling. Those foods go through you quickly because they digest normally, unlike meat/dairy.

Yeah...Maybe that's why? Only last week I was eating a bunch of really shitty junk food. So my body just needs to adjust?

Yes, when I eat crappy (even vegan crappy food does it), I feel hungry going back to lots of healthy food.

That's probably why 8D
Lady Callie G
Peppermint Cherry
Wow.. had did I miss 2 pages of new posts?

Anyways, I must vent.

I got on facebook last night, and saw on my news feed that one of my facebook friends is getting rid of his dog. She's 7 and very nice and if she doesn't find a home, he's going to shoot her. I was so angry when I saw that. Not that he could no longer care for his dog, but that it's literally do or die finding a home for him. I told him to take her to the humane society and everyone jumped down my throat saying 'well, she's just going to be put to sleep' and that I'm ignorant for not wanting a relatively young dog to die. I've worked at the humane society in our town, and the employees work so hard to convince perspective pet owners to consider older dogs. Plus, a lot of people want dogs that are already house broken and relatively trained.

I contacted peta, but alas, no response. I don;t know what else I can do. I can't keep the dog(too many animals already) and I can't just go get her and take her to the human society myself, I have no car. I have no idea what to do and I would really like to not see a dog that could have a future with someone who won't just ******** throw her out, get shot.

That's awful. From my experience, PETA doesn't do s**t to help in situations like this. Depending on how crowded the shelter is, the dog is likely to be put down. It's entirely your friend's fault though, and he needs to own up to what he is doing. Is there any way you can look for potential foster homes for the doggie?

He is sooooo not my friend, but anyways, he's thoroughly being a d**k and refuses to answer me. I told him I would take the dog, but nothing. I don't know of anyone who can take another dog or even any animals at all.

Peta finally emailed me back, they wanted to know if he was an adult or a minor, and his address of phone number. Since he refuses to talk to me, I can't get those last 2 things.

@Gai

yeah, but by that point the dog is dead. We have animal cops in our town, but I have no idea how to get a hol of them. My brother did once because the neighbors were neglecting their dog.

8,900 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

That's such a sucky situation. sad
I'm trying really, really hard to get the dog. I can care for her for at least a bit. I have a really big, shaded back yard that's almost completely fenced in. I could essentially be a foster home for her, or keep her till peta comes and does something more than just take her to the shelter.

8,900 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Peppermint Cherry
I'm trying really, really hard to get the dog. I can care for her for at least a bit. I have a really big, shaded back yard that's almost completely fenced in. I could essentially be a foster home for her, or keep her till peta comes and does something more than just take her to the shelter.

PETA euthanizes a lot of dogs they get though. sad Hopefully you can get the doggie, and then hopefully find a good home.
Lady Callie G
Peppermint Cherry

PETA euthanizes a lot of dogs they get though. sad Hopefully you can get the doggie, and then hopefully find a good home.

I haven't gotten any response. I told him again, I would gladly take the dog and I made it clear she would stay with me till I could find her a good home. I was thinking I would register her with the Human Society and just be a foster home as long as my parents would allow and then take her to the shelter and sponsor her so she would stay up for adoption as long as possible.
howdy =) im recent vegetarian. 5 months now, ive cut out everything so far except for shelfish, and other seafoods like octopus and squid... i know i should but its been hard cause its my favorite. anyone know any good seafood alternative?

Bashful Shapeshifter

7,950 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
I believe that technically makes you a pescatarian c:

Just letting you know, cause vegetarians tend to get offended if you call yourself a vegetarian but still eat fish/shellfish.

Sadly, I don't know, cause I never enjoyed shellfish that much.

Sparkly Fairy

My "mommy-friend" was over today and we were chatting about vegan babies. She suggested pescatarianism (that's a mouthful) but that didn't really help with my dilemma sad I also brought the subject up with his dad today and he managed to dig up news stories of vegan parents who killed their babies. Ugh.

Bashful Shapeshifter

7,950 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
Thoughts on the term "flexitarian?"

I feel like it's a load of crock, personally...You're basically still an omnivore...you just don't eat as much meat as other omnivores.

Sparkly Fairy

Cimex Nympho
Thoughts on the term "flexitarian?"

I feel like it's a load of crock, personally...You're basically still an omnivore...you just don't eat as much meat as other omnivores.

I think some people just like having a fancy label razz

Bashful Shapeshifter

7,950 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
I guess. I'm not sure how to describe what I think of it...on the one hand, I understand, but on the other hand, it seems a silly way to describe yourself...I mean...you still eat meat? You just don't eat it three times a day like a lot of omnivores? But it's not morally wrong to you to eat it, so why even have to describe it?

Sparkly Fairy

Cimex Nympho
I guess. I'm not sure how to describe what I think of it...on the one hand, I understand, but on the other hand, it seems a silly way to describe yourself...I mean...you still eat meat? You just don't eat it three times a day like a lot of omnivores? But it's not morally wrong to you to eat it, so why even have to describe it?

If you've ever watched the show Big Bang Theory there is a part in the pilot episode that reminds me of this.

Bashful Shapeshifter

7,950 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
Nope

emo

I don't have a tv xD

The one show I've watched obsessively is The Office >>;

Sparkly Fairy

Cimex Nympho
Nope