< 1 2 3 4 >

Invisible Healer

9,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Megathread 100
  • Cheerleader 200
Pikkewyn
I don't like cereals with milk.
I like to drink milk on the side - at least I used to do so before I quit drinking milk

And I eat my cereals with plain yogurt. With milk, it is just too sweet for my liking and the cereals get soggy. While yoghurt tastes fresher and doesn't leave your cereals as soggy.. unless you let them soak for like 30 minutes.

Oh? Why did you quit drinking milk?

Yogurt huh? That's a new one for me. Never even considered that. And really, it seems so simple when you think about how people put granola in parfaits. Huh! I'll have to try that sometime! Plain yogurt you say? Not vanilla or anything?
Sh1ngo
Reeses Puff cereal with Vanilla almond milk, or Lucky Charms and regular milk = YUMMY!!!!

YEAH! >D Second that bruthuh! Oh, dude, I'd never tried almond milk until I saw it in my university cafeteria, and I loved it immediately. It's like, the only milk substitute I actually like. Soy milk just tastes gritty and rice milk is too sweet. >.< Oh, and don't even get me started on coconut milk. >/ I digress. Anyways! But, I didn't know at the time that there was vanilla and original almond milks, so I just bought the original and was like, "Woah... That tastes like almonds waaayyy too much." I totally need to get the vanilla next time. razz Do you prefer a certain brand?
Ehumo
I measure my cereal then measure half a cup of milk. Typically a serving size of cereal is good with half a cup of milk in my opinion. But the cereal goes first. Always. lol

Serving size huh? That's a good idea. I always pay attention to those, and then most of the time proceed to give myself more than one serving anyway. They should do something about that. All it does is make me feel bad. Either that, or I should do something about it. But then it's so difficult to get full... Ugh! That's it! Fruits and veggies! D< Much easier to deal with. Mmm, I could sure go for a plum right about now...but instead I'm going to finish my day with some Chocolate Frosted Mini-Wheats. Oh the guilt! D8
CrazyBunnyShota
Cereal for me, then the milk. After that, more cereal if I'm craving more. >u<

Yeeeah. One bowl is like, almost never enough, right? X) I know how ya feel man! I can usually go for a bowl and a half. Two if I skipped dinner, or two and a half to three if I haven't eaten all day and/or the day before.

Conservative Capitalist

10,775 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
BlackRose169
CrazyBunnyShota

Yeeeah. One bowl is like, almost never enough, right? X) I know how ya feel man! I can usually go for a bowl and a half. Two if I skipped dinner, or two and a half to three if I haven't eaten all day and/or the day before.
Last time around, I was craving Apple Jacks like crazy and as a result, had multiple servings of it in the same milk from the initial serving. o.o

Gotta love how the milk picks up the cereal flavors, and quite quickly I might add. >u<

Invisible Healer

9,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Megathread 100
  • Cheerleader 200
CrazyBunnyShota
Last time around, I was craving Apple Jacks like crazy and as a result, had multiple servings of it in the same milk from the initial serving. o.o

Gotta love how the milk picks up the cereal flavors, and quite quickly I might add. >u<

Oh jeez, seriously? xd Yeah, I sometimes think the companies who make the cereal do that on purpose. Like how Chocolate Rice Krispies practically turn the milk chocolate.

I have to finish the milk and cereal I poured in the bowl before I get more though. I can't handle that collection of flavor in the milk. I like everything to be nice and cold and taste, well, like it just came out of the fridge. razz

*sigh* And speaking of Apple Jacks! We're down to a box of Apple Jacks, and a box of Chocolate Frosted Mini-Wheats (which my roommates refuse to touch). Time to go out shopping for more in a bit! :/

Generous Fatcat

24,325 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Generous 100
  • Dressed Up 200
I put in the cereal and then the milk. I usually have raisin bran or multigrain cherrios.
BlackRose169
Pikkewyn
I like to drink milk on the side - at least I used to do so before I quit drinking milk

And I eat my cereals with plain yogurt. With milk, it is just too sweet for my liking and the cereals get soggy. While yoghurt tastes fresher and doesn't leave your cereals as soggy.. unless you let them soak for like 30 minutes.

Yogurt huh? That's a new one for me. Never even considered that. And really, it seems so simple when you think about how people put granola in parfaits. Huh! I'll have to try that sometime! Plain yogurt you say? Not vanilla or anything?
Sh1ngo
Reeses Puff cereal with Vanilla almond milk, or Lucky Charms and regular milk = YUMMY!!!!

YEAH! >D Second that bruthuh! Oh, dude, I'd never tried almond milk until I saw it in my university cafeteria, and I loved it immediately. It's like, the only milk substitute I actually like. Soy milk just tastes gritty and rice milk is too sweet. >.< Oh, and don't even get me started on coconut milk. >/ I digress. Anyways! But, I didn't know at the time that there was vanilla and original almond milks, so I just bought the original and was like, "Woah... That tastes like almonds waaayyy too much." I totally need to get the vanilla next time. razz Do you prefer a certain brand?
Ehumo
I measure my cereal then measure half a cup of milk. Typically a serving size of cereal is good with half a cup of milk in my opinion. But the cereal goes first. Always. lol

Serving size huh? That's a good idea. I always pay attention to those, and then most of the time proceed to give myself more than one serving anyway. They should do something about that. All it does is make me feel bad. Either that, or I should do something about it. But then it's so difficult to get full... Ugh! That's it! Fruits and veggies! D< Much easier to deal with. Mmm, I could sure go for a plum right about now...but instead I'm going to finish my day with some Chocolate Frosted Mini-Wheats. Oh the guilt! D8
CrazyBunnyShota

I quit drinking milk because I noticed that after two weeks without any stress, my skin got a lot calmer and I got a lot less eczema. So I quit drinking milk as a total.

You can put vanilla yoghurt (or strawberry, just whatever you like) as well, but most cereals are already sweet by theirselves and the plain yoghurt gives a nice contrast with that. Plus, it is healthier.
BlackRose169
Pikkewyn

Sh1ngo

Ehumo

CrazyBunnyShota

I like Silk Products =] Almond Breeze is not bad too

Conservative Capitalist

10,775 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
BlackRose169
CrazyBunnyShota

Oh jeez, seriously? xd Yeah, I sometimes think the companies who make the cereal do that on purpose. Like how Chocolate Rice Krispies practically turn the milk chocolate.

I have to finish the milk and cereal I poured in the bowl before I get more though. I can't handle that collection of flavor in the milk. I like everything to be nice and cold and taste, well, like it just came out of the fridge. razz

*sigh* And speaking of Apple Jacks! We're down to a box of Apple Jacks, and a box of Chocolate Frosted Mini-Wheats (which my roommates refuse to touch). Time to go out shopping for more in a bit! :/
I probably should do the same post-work today. Spent way too much time this morning working on a Fallout New Vegas mod and didn't have time to make myself some scrambled eggs, so perhaps I should start having cereal around the house again. =u=

Invisible Healer

9,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Megathread 100
  • Cheerleader 200
Pikkewyn
I quit drinking milk because I noticed that after two weeks without any stress, my skin got a lot calmer and I got a lot less eczema. So I quit drinking milk as a total.

You can put vanilla yoghurt (or strawberry, just whatever you like) as well, but most cereals are already sweet by theirselves and the plain yoghurt gives a nice contrast with that. Plus, it is healthier.

Wow, seriously? o.O I didn't know that milk had anything to do with eczema. Fun fact!

Yeah, I was thinkin' some flavored yogurt might be nice. True, many are very sweet, though some people would argue the opposite. razz One of my roommates sticks sugar in her cereal even if the cereal is already covered in sugar. Healthier than milk huh? Well I'm all for that! Thanks so much for the idea! (:
Sh1ngo

Yeah, Silk is good. Though kind of expensive. >.o I consider myself super lucky if I can find it in the markdowns pile. I just found some Almond Breeze on sale, though not in a vanilla flavor. I agree, not bad. X]
CrazyBunnyShota
I probably should do the same post-work today. Spent way too much time this morning working on a Fallout New Vegas mod and didn't have time to make myself some scrambled eggs, so perhaps I should start having cereal around the house again. =u=

Ha ha, yeah, games can tend to replace that time we used to spend eating. I always keep cereal around just because technically it's cheap. I've been trying to do this thing where every major meal I have is under a dollar. And cereal just makes that so easy for breakfast because a box is at least four meals, if not six or more (depending on the box size). Then milk is $2-3 a gallon, which lasts me a couple of cereal boxes, so it all works out! Quick, convenient, cheap, delicious. wink

Destructive Detective

19,200 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
Cereal first. I'm out of regular milk right now but have 2 gallons of chocolate because it was half price. Golden Grahams with chocolate milk is... emotion_kirakira
BlackRose169
Pikkewyn

Wow, seriously? o.O I didn't know that milk had anything to do with eczema. Fun fact!

Yeah, I was thinkin' some flavored yogurt might be nice. True, many are very sweet, though some people would argue the opposite. razz One of my roommates sticks sugar in her cereal even if the cereal is already covered in sugar. Healthier than milk huh? Well I'm all for that! Thanks so much for the idea! (:
Sh1ngo

Yeah, Silk is good. Though kind of expensive. >.o I consider myself super lucky if I can find it in the markdowns pile. I just found some Almond Breeze on sale, though not in a vanilla flavor. I agree, not bad. X]
CrazyBunnyShota

Ha ha, yeah, games can tend to replace that time we used to spend eating. I always keep cereal around just because technically it's cheap. I've been trying to do this thing where every major meal I have is under a dollar. And cereal just makes that so easy for breakfast because a box is at least four meals, if not six or more (depending on the box size). Then milk is $2-3 a gallon, which lasts me a couple of cereal boxes, so it all works out! Quick, convenient, cheap, delicious. wink
That's true, but there are also people who add butter to already greasy foods >.>

Well, I don't know whether yoghurt is healthier than milk, but plain yoghurt is healthier than flavoured yoghurt.

Invisible Healer

9,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Megathread 100
  • Cheerleader 200
Pikkewyn
That's true, but there are also people who add butter to already greasy foods >.>

Well, I don't know whether yoghurt is healthier than milk, but plain yoghurt is healthier than flavoured yoghurt.

Aw yeah. Like fried Twinkies. gonk Are those people trying to give themselves heart attacks?!

Ohhh, makes sense. Well, I'll be sure to check the ingredients. God knows there's corn syrup in most everything nowadays. @~@

Invisible Healer

9,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Megathread 100
  • Cheerleader 200
Ratttking
Cereal first. I'm out of regular milk right now but have 2 gallons of chocolate because it was half price. Golden Grahams with chocolate milk is... emotion_kirakira

Aw jeez, I haven't had chocolate milk since like, middle school or something. That stuff scarred me. I just could never help the feeling that there was something weird and unnaturally thick in the chocolate milk, so I really haven't touched it since. Plain milk for me, thank you!

Oh man, but it sucks because my roommates right now like 1-2% milk, and in order to make recipes involving liquid cheese, I need whole milk or else it adopts a sort of gritty texture. D8 Bummers! Which sort of milk is your favorite?

Destructive Detective

19,200 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
BlackRose169
Ratttking

Aw jeez, I haven't had chocolate milk since like, middle school or something. That stuff scarred me. I just could never help the feeling that there was something weird and unnaturally thick in the chocolate milk, so I really haven't touched it since. Plain milk for me, thank you!

Oh man, but it sucks because my roommates right now like 1-2% milk, and in order to make recipes involving liquid cheese, I need whole milk or else it adopts a sort of gritty texture. D8 Bummers! Which sort of milk is your favorite?
Well, chocolate milk is often thickened with carrageenan, which comes from seaweed.

I don't like reduced-fat milk unless it is chocolate. It's hard to find whole-milk chocolate here. I always buy chocolate or whole milk.
BlackRose169
Pikkewyn

Aw yeah. Like fried Twinkies. gonk Are those people trying to give themselves heart attacks?!

Ohhh, makes sense. Well, I'll be sure to check the ingredients. God knows there's corn syrup in most everything nowadays. @~@
Yeah, or at least a shitload of sugar.
If you want like strawberry flavour you also could add fresh berries C:

Invisible Healer

9,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Megathread 100
  • Cheerleader 200
Ratttking
Well, chocolate milk is often thickened with carrageenan, which comes from seaweed.

I don't like reduced-fat milk unless it is chocolate. It's hard to find whole-milk chocolate here. I always buy chocolate or whole milk.

Aw yilch! xp Good to know! Err, at least, I think it's good to know. That confirms my suspicion anyway.

Really? For the most part I can't tell the difference. At our school they would water the "low-fat" milk down, but like in the stuff you buy in stores I was told that all they do is take some of the solid fat off of the top of the milk. Whole chocolate? You mean most of the chocolates aren't made with whole milk? Huh. And you can't just stick chocolate syrup into regular whole milk or anything?
Pikkewyn
Yeah, or at least a shitload of sugar.
If you want like strawberry flavour you also could add fresh berries C:

True, true. Pit some strawberries and stick those in there. Ugh, I hate the dried stuff they put in Special K. I always try to eat around that stuff. It even seems like the milk makes it nastier, not more fresh tasting.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff