Welcome to Gaia! ::

So far, I'm having a blast with the game. To say that all the complaints I've heard about it were overblown would be an understatement.

If it stays as awesome as it has been so far, it will unseat FFXII as the best FF in the series.

6,100 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
Can anyone help me with chapter 9 boss bartandus(i hope i spelled his name right) we could also call him the primarch easier for me though.

What paradigm shifts should i customise. and what characters is the best for this boss battle. it would be easier for me if i could change party leader but i can't :/
No, don't call him Primarch, you noob, some people who come to this thread will get spoiled.
(It's Barthandelus btw).

Anyway, here's an extract from the FF Wikia page;

Quote:
First Encounter

Recommended Paradigms: Diversity (MED/COM/RAV) - Solidarity (COM/MED/SEN) - Relentless Assult (RAV/RAV/COM) - Combat Clinic (MED/MED/SEN) - Evened Odds (MED/SAB/SYN) - Bully (COM/SAB/SYN)

Start the fight with Diversity (MED/COM/RAV) and turn your attention to the adornments, using a Librascope at the start of the fight to use the respective elemental weakness from each. After each adornment is destroyed quickly switch to Evened Odds (MED/SAB/SYN) or Bully (COM/SAB/SYN) and buff yourselves up fully, hopefully getting a slow on the boss at the same time. Then, Switch to Relentless Assault (RAV/RAV/COM) if you feel safe enough or back to Diversity (RAV/MED/COM) otherwise. Proceed to use these two Paradigms to stagger him as quickly as possible.

After he's been staggered once, Barthandelus will begin to randomly cast Destrudo Depending on you're characters states you can do a number of things here, if you're team is pretty much 100% hp, fully buffed, feel free to switch to Relentless Assault (RAV/RAV/COM) because its possible to hinder the ability so it doesnt hit as hard, again ONLY do this if your teams in perfect shape. If, when he begins casting it you lack buffs, are at about 50% etc you need to quickly switch to Evened Odds (MED/SAB/SYN) and heal up to 100% while Hope buffs your team and Fang weakens the boss. When this is done switch to Solidarity (COM/SEN/MED) to mitigate some of the damage from the huge attack(From start of charge to the actual cast is about 20-25 seconds). After the attack, immediately go to a paradigm with at least two medics in it such as Combat Clinic (MED/MED/SEN) heal yourself and chip away using Diversity (RAV/MED/COM) or Solidarity (MED/COM/SEN).

If things go awry switch to Combat Clinic (MED/MED/SEN) and try to regain some footing in the fight. You should be able to stagger him a couple of times although it should be noted that when he begins to cast Destrudo he will reset the chain gauge even if hes in the middle of stagger. During the fight try to remain buffed at all time switching to Evened Odds (MED/SAB/SYN) when needed, Barthandelus' other attacks shouldn't cause to much of a problem for a decently developed team covered in buffs.
I'm hoping that my older brother will surprise me with a copy of Final Fantasy XIII within the next couple of weeks.
He pretty much said he'll get it for me when he gets payed.

Romantic Fatcat

The game is so fun. But I'm stuck on chapter 5, that damn boss is kicking my a**, even when it's near the end of death it comes back and kills me. DX

Beloved Sex Symbol

14,150 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Tycoon 200
Orgasmic Usagi
The game is so fun. But I'm stuck on chapter 5, that damn boss is kicking my a**, even when it's near the end of death it comes back and kills me. DX
User Image

<3

The 'bulbsaur' boss as people are calling it? xD
He was a pain. >.<;;

Romantic Fatcat

`J i r a i y a
Orgasmic Usagi
User Image

<3

The 'bulbsaur' as people are calling it? xD
He was a pain. >.<;;

Lol, yes the 'bulbsaur'. It's such a pain. But I must beat him.

Beloved Sex Symbol

14,150 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Tycoon 200
Orgasmic Usagi
`J i r a i y a
Orgasmic Usagi
User Image

<3

He was a pain. >.<;;

User Image

<3

He's a pain! >.<;;
The hardest fight i've had yet. >>;;

What I found worked best was going into the fight with an Aegisol on. The Paradigms I used were:

Open up with Lightning commando/ Hope ravager.
switch between that and Lightning commando/ Hope medic to heal myself. Those two alone should be enough to get him staggered the first time.
Have a paradigm for Lightning medic/ Hope medic for that annoying spinning move he does that will hit both Lightning and Hope if they're too close. Switch to it asap to get both members healed up. You should be able to stagger him a second time. By then your buffs from the Aegisol should have wore off. A paradigm of Lightning medic/ Hope synergist after the second stagger ends to have Hope reapply the buffs. Also, don't be afraid to use potions and Odin near the end of the fight! o_o;;
Potions worked wonders for me. ;d

Romantic Fatcat

`J i r a i y a
Orgasmic Usagi
`J i r a i y a
Orgasmic Usagi
User Image

<3

He was a pain. >.<;;

User Image

<3

He's a pain! >.<;;
The hardest fight i've had yet. >>;;

What I found worked best was going into the fight with an Aegisol on. The Paradigms I used were:

Open up with Lightning commando/ Hope ravager.
switch between that and Lightning commando/ Hope medic to heal myself. Those two alone should be enough to get him staggered the first time.
Have a paradigm for Lightning medic/ Hope medic for that annoying spinning move he does that will hit both Lightning and Hope if they're too close. Switch to it asap to get both members healed up. You should be able to stagger him a second time. By then your buffs from the Aegisol should have wore off. A paradigm of Lightning medic/ Hope synergist after the second stagger ends to have Hope reapply the buffs. Also, don't be afraid to use potions and Odin near the end of the fight! o_o;;
Potions worked wonders for me. ;d

Oh, awesome. Thank you very much. I've been going back and forth figuring out a strategy to kill him. Potions and Odin does help a lot towards the end. But alas, Bulsaur gets mad. ^^

Beloved Sex Symbol

14,150 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Tycoon 200
User Image

<3

Mhm. You'll get it soon! ^^
Is anyone else having trouble with the boss on Chap. 9 where the four heads just 'spit' magic at you constantly? I was doing well until I had two heads left to take down. Anyone have a good strategy? i rather not waste another hour trying to kill it x'D

Eloquent Explorer

7,850 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
AliceXUnderground
Is anyone else having trouble with the boss on Chap. 9 where the four heads just 'spit' magic at you constantly? I was doing well until I had two heads left to take down. Anyone have a good strategy? i rather not waste another hour trying to kill it x'D
I'm stuck on him too.
The magic spamming heads will be the least of your worries, if you're still alive after 20 minutes, he casts Doom on Lightning and you have 5 minutes left to kill him.

I failed with Hope and Fang, Sentinel doesn't seem to be doing much good against all the AoE spells so I'm going to try again with Hope and Sazh, for faster and more powerful attacks to take him down faster.

Eloquent Explorer

7,850 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100

6,600 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
Ima get Versus XIII when it comes out.
Mm, Prince. <3
x_SilentTearsxx
Ima get Versus XIII when it comes out.
Mm, Prince. <3

you want to get a game because you think the main character is attractive? wow you must be a really interesting person ^_^

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff