Welcome to Gaia! ::

TheArkayne

Anyone wanna play some 3S on GGPO.. speaking of 3s?

Not that I can right now (at work)... but there needs to be more of an awareness of this. More people need to go on GGPO and Supercade.

KOF98 seems to be the most popular game on GGPO.
I play mostly Super Turbo and KOF98.
I can play everything else but I'm not that pro at it.

Supercade is the place to be if you want to play a variety of games.
Supercade has poor netcode compared to GGPO. I'd rather deal with frame skips than input lag.
Sio
Supercade has poor netcode compared to GGPO. I'd rather deal with frame skips than input lag.

Haha... who have you been playing against to get that sort of lag. Pakistan?

But you're right. GGPO is superior to Supercade.
For the record, Chun only has two anti-airs: cr.HK from a distance, and SA3.

Everything else is risky or used after parrying a jump-in. And cl.HK(knee) is a better followup instead of b.HP since it comes out and recovers faster, not to mention you can super-jump away if cl.HK gets parried.

And for the record, Supercade back when it was 2DF was vastly superior to GGPO, in my experiences. I managed to play completely lagfree games at one point against even US players(I live in Japan), and my computer & internet were hardly fast or powerful.

Then they switched to Supercade, and yes, it does suck compared to GGPO. But I fuggin' HATE playing on GGPO because I will always get lag no matter who I play against...and that is if I even manage to connect with a player.
Well I've begun the process of switching my secondary character from Cammy to Viper. God Viper is so hard to use but she is so badass.
JohnnyRainbow
And for the record, Supercade back when it was 2DF was vastly superior to GGPO, in my experiences. I managed to play completely lagfree games at one point against even US players(I live in Japan), and my computer & internet were hardly fast or powerful.

Then they switched to Supercade, and yes, it does suck compared to GGPO. But I fuggin' HATE playing on GGPO because I will always get lag no matter who I play against...and that is if I even manage to connect with a player.

I've been hearing this from everyone since that guy Damdai made the name switch. I never got the chance to try out 2DF when I first heard about it but with everyone saying it's gone downhill since being called supercade, I don't even want to bother trying now.

GGPO though has stepped down since the last time I played it. I dunno why. When me and Arkayne did connect earlier this year, it was decent. Past few days we've played, we can't parry for s**t (and I mean simple projectiles.) and he's throwing out random supers that aren't supposed to be there.
Yeah, GGPO isn't spectacular for CPS3 games since emulation isn't perfect. Playing anything else on there is perfectly fine. That's why I don't really play 3S on GGPO at all.
i never realized it. ssf4 now has two boxers, balrog and dudley!
i like dudley. he holds teacups even with his boxing gloves on! xd
Shin Oni

I've been hearing this from everyone since that guy Damdai made the name switch. I never got the chance to try out 2DF when I first heard about it but with everyone saying it's gone downhill since being called supercade, I don't even want to bother trying now.

GGPO though has stepped down since the last time I played it. I dunno why. When me and Arkayne did connect earlier this year, it was decent. Past few days we've played, we can't parry for s**t (and I mean simple projectiles.) and he's throwing out random supers that aren't supposed to be there.

It was an interface fail. It's not very user friendly anymore. All you can do at the moment is list all your favorites and have it put on the list for people to choose.
Shin Oni

Speaking of Damdai, I saw his performance in last year's Evo HD Remix Top 8. His performance reminded me of why I ******** hate HD Remix. Why should HP Shoryu recover that fast? It's like faster than Akuma's SA2 recovery in 3S. Yeah you can sweep it, but it just ruins the whole point of the "high risk high reward" factor that HP shoryu in general had. Stupid as hell...

Clean Rabbit

5,450 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Signature Look 250
According to the front pages of SRK and Eventhubs, SSF4 is go on the PC!

I. Am. HYPED! Keyboard-mashing on the quest to character-mastering...HERE I COME! (I wonder if the PC-version will be based off the arcade version...I hope so---)
ZX Virtuous

I. Am. HYPED! Keyboard-mashing on the quest to character-mastering...HERE I COME! (I wonder if the PC-version will be based off the arcade version...I hope so---)

"..PC players should go die in a fire." - Seth Killian, Evolution 2009 HD Remix Semis/Pools commentary
ZX Virtuous

this shouldn't surprise anyone really. I don't even know why Capcom tried to make it out like there was not one coming or some huge maybe.

Varient's Husbando

O.G. Gaian

Shin Oni
ZX Virtuous

this shouldn't surprise anyone really. I don't even know why Capcom tried to make it out like there was not one coming or some huge maybe.
Because Capcom likes to play where can we make/get money from. Hell they made a Itouch/phone SF4, they're make a Nintendo DS version for god sakes which is dumbed down. All we need is a wii version and everything will be alright in the world

Clean Rabbit

5,450 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Signature Look 250
Ugh, and less than 24 hours after confirming the PC-version, apparently that was a misprint. DANG IT! WHY?!?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff