Welcome to Gaia! ::

5,600 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
Hello, I'm Akane, and since I'm new to Gaia and don't have many friends I've decided to draw attention to myself with my one true talent. Writting. Here's a fanfic that got a lot of attention on FF.net when I posted it awhile back. This is my personal theory of Ash Ketchum's parentage, enjoy.

Discovery

Idiots.

That was the thought that went through Giovanni's mind as he stared down at his groveling squad of grunts, his worst squad of grunts. Jessie, James, and their talking Meowth were the worst Team Rocket members in the history of the entire organization. They were bumbling, fumbling, buffoons who couldn't steal a Pokemon to save their worthless lives, Giovanni often wondered why he even kept these fools around in the first place other than as an example to the other grunts of what not to do.

The head of Team Rocket stared down at his least favorite squad as the three tried desperately to explain why the hadn't stolen any of the Pokemon from the Magicarp festival as he had instructed. The three began to throw him a plethora of excuses, stupid ones. Magicarp were probably the easiest Pokemon to catch and to steal ever, and these idiots couldn't even do that...

Pathetic.

Then, when Giovanni couldn't even think of other way's these three could get any more useless, they brought him up again. Giovanni has never heard his name, they only refer to him as 'The Twerp' but apparently everywhere these three go, when they almost make a perfect heist, he shows up and stops them with his 'special' Pikachu. Team Rocket's mastermind scowls, why would they tell such a ridiculous and unflattering lie like this? Whenever his other grunts would screw up to the point of having to see him in person they would make up grand stories to explain their failure, often including legendary Pokemon and psychic Officer Jenny's as their stars. But with this trio of imbeciles it's always the same boy with a Pikachu and two other friends, the friends change over time, but never the boy.

Well on one particularly horrid failure Giovanni has his least favorite grunts in front of him again, telling him the fantastic tale of their defeat to the 'twerp' boy for the hundredth, possibly the thousandth, time. He knows he really shouldn't get curious on the lie they tell constantly, but he does. Giovanni asks in utter exasperation if they know just who this 'twerp' really is. Jessie, James, and Meowth scratch their heads for a bit, making Giovanni think that he caught them in their five year long lie.

He didn't expect them to produce a picture of the mystery boy.

He also didn't expect for them to have a name this time.

“Ash Ketchum.” was Meowth's reply as he handed the photograph to his superior, cautiously eying the Persian that was sprawled lazily beside its master. “Dat's da twerp's name, boss.” Giovanni stared at the picture long and hard before he harshly ordered the trio out of his sight. Jessie, James, and Meowth complied fearfully as they all but ran out of the room, wondering quietly to themselves as what had set their boss off. Carding a hand through his slicked back hair Giovanni stared at the picture in shock, Ketchum was a name he was familiar with.

And that frightened him.

Because in the picture was a boy and a woman, the boy was about ten years old with happy brown eyes, a bright smile, and messy black baseball cap covered hair. The woman was beautiful with long auburn hair , warm brown eyes, and a slender figure. They both seemed so happy as they stood side by side holding hands, the boy was holding up a trophy that Giovanni recognized as the Indigo League victory prize. He stared at the picture so long that he knew it would be imprinted into his memory for all time, his eyes wandered back to the woman in the picture and a name that he had been trying to forget for years came tumbling passed his lips.

“Delia...”

Before he even knew what he was doing his fingers had dug themselves into the pocket of his three thousand dollar suit, pulling out the slim black cellular phone he only used for business calls he dialed a number that was sketched into his memory. He placed it to his ear and listened to it ring, it didn't take long before the person on the other end of the line picked up. “Hello?” Was the cheery inquiry, Giovanni's throat tightened upon hearing it as emotions he thought that were long dead began to pool into his chest. “Hello?” the voice asked again, still cheery and sweet.

“Delia.” Was all he said as he struggled to regain control of his emotions, Delia Ketchum quieted fearfully on the other end of the line upon hearing his voice speak her name...

She had hoped to never hear his voice every again.

“What do you want, Giovanni?” she asked, a slight quiver in her voice as she prayed to the Gods that he wasn't going to say what she thought he was.

“I thought...that you'd lost the baby.” Were the words Giovanni spoke and Delia let out a painful sob.

He knew...

That b*****d knew about her sweet baby...her precious little Ash...

The secret she had tried hard to hide for fifteen long years, and now he knew...and Delia feared dreadfully of what he was going to do next now that he knew about Ash, her baby...

And his son.

The End

5,600 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
I hoped you all liked it! This fic embody's my personal theory about Ash's dad, originally, I just thought that he had died (As alluded to in the canon) and that Ash was off on his journey to emulate him, because he was such a great Pokemon Master...

Or really?

Maybe that's just all a lie. A lie that a woman told her eager young son to hide the truth, that, either she didn't exactly know who his father was, or, that his father wasn't a the great man that she'd whisper to him before bed. No. That he was a very bad man indeed. I think that Delia and Giovanni got together when Madame Boss (Gio's mother) was still running Team Rocket. I think that they were foolish young teenager's who thought that they were in love and did what people in love (and foolish young teenager's) usually do. They had sex. And of course, Delia got pregnant, and then Delia realized the true nature of her beau. I'm guessing she didn't know about his connection's to TR originally, but when she found out she was adamantly against it, as a pupil of Prof. Oak would be.

Giovanni would ignore it, the begging for them to leave and raise their baby somewhere nice, and focus on his true goal. Successing his mother for Rocket's seat of power, greed is a heavy thing, and not even young love could rip Giovanni from it's hold.

And one day, after a confrontation between Madame Boss and Delia over her having an abortion, they two got into an argument. I think Giovanni really did love Delia and the baby, but he was twisted from being raised by a crime boss, and he snapped. He screamed, she cried, and he hit her, slapped her right across the face. Delia fell, hard, on the floor and sobbed, she was five months pregnant, and she was convinced he'd just knocked the baby loose. That she would miscarry. Giovanni was too far gone in his anger to care, and he left, left her crying on the floor and left their chances of being a happy family behind.

Delia left that night, she ran back to the only family she had, Prof. Oak, and told him everything. The kindly old man was bowled over, and lent her enough money for a small house nearby, still not believing that such a good girl would get herself mixed up in crime and become pregnant. So she lived there, and had her child, a boy, and was relieved that he looked nothing like Giovanni. It took Giovanni about several months to realize his mistake, but when he came looking for her she'd already had Ash. Delia, not wanting him near her sweet boy, lied and said that he'd indeed made her miscarry, and that she never wanted to see him again. Heartbroken, he left, and never came back, he couldn't face her again, after he'd ruined what undoubtedly would have been a wonderful life.

And so Giovanni became cold, money hungry, and greedy, just like his dear mother, and never cast another painful though to his lost child until his least favorite bunch of grunts screwed up...

Soo...that's my theory, I'm thinking about doing another where Delia and Giovanni meet again to discuss everything (AKA Delia to tell Gio to piss off her son), and another where Silver goes to find Ash, the child that Giovanni had given all his love to, so much so that their was none left for him.

Hoped you liked the story and didn't think the theory is to out their.

In my sig is a link to my FF.net page, all the newer stuff is worth reading, the older entries need to be fixed.

In a relationship with echo of the rose

Lucky Zealot

To my understanding there's a large percentage of people who think that Giovanni could be the brat's father, myself included, and from a writer's perspective I think it would tie in to the ending of the Pokemon series and franchise perfectly well. I think that's the reason they haven't seen each other in the anime to date. The only thing Rap Master G knows about Ash is that he's a 'twerp with an abnormally strong Pikachu' and that's just by reports from field agents, not personal witnessing.
That's just my interpretation however, but I really like the theory you've put together as well. I'll probably end up rethinking my understanding of the reasons because of what you've presented.

But just for information's sake, it sounds like you haven't heard of the other two candidates for Ash's father. Of the more likely between the two in my opinion, again, is a one-shot character of the day in the Pokemon Chronicles named Silver. The other option is (ew) Professor Oak. You can have nightmares about that concept on your own time. @_@

5,600 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
Dark Rogue Hellord
To my understanding there's a large percentage of people who think that Giovanni could be the brat's father, myself included, and from a writer's perspective I think it would tie in to the ending of the Pokemon series and franchise perfectly well. I think that's the reason they haven't seen each other in the anime to date. The only thing Rap Master G knows about Ash is that he's a 'twerp with an abnormally strong Pikachu' and that's just by reports from field agents, not personal witnessing.
That's just my interpretation however, but I really like the theory you've put together as well. I'll probably end up rethinking my understanding of the reasons because of what you've presented.

But just for information's sake, it sounds like you haven't heard of the other two candidates for Ash's father. Of the more likely between the two in my opinion, again, is a one-shot character of the day in the Pokemon Chronicles named Silver. The other option is (ew) Professor Oak. You can have nightmares about that concept on your own time. @_@

Oh, trust me, I have heard that theory. Ick. In my opinion Ash's mom and Prof. Oak have a platonic fond teacher, kind student thing going. My eyes rolled into the back of my head when I actually started researching it.

And Silver, well, personally I think that he's Ritchie's father. Yes, he bares similarity's to both boy's, and he knew vague details about Ash, but that doesn't prove that he is his father. In my opinion, he looks a hell of a lot more like Ritchie than Ash, and he could have learned about Ash from watching him battle in a tournament on TV. Not to quote from the link, but to me it sounds about right.

Thank for the comment though, I appreciate the constructive criticism.

Lucky Zealot

I admit that the Silver theory is a wee bit far-fetched (obligatory duck picture here), but after hearing the Oak theories I'd believe anything else. My game corner coins are still on the Giovanni bet, personally. There's a lot more believable ideas and suggestions than there are points against it, if any. I'd also argue that divorce is a little too heavy for the Pokemon anime as it is right now, but then Brock's parents come to mind and... yeah.

2,900 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Full closet 200
Dark Rogue Hellord
I admit that the Silver theory is a wee bit far-fetched (obligatory duck picture here), but after hearing the Oak theories I'd believe anything else. My game corner coins are still on the Giovanni bet, personally. There's a lot more believable ideas and suggestions than there are points against it, if any. I'd also argue that divorce is a little too heavy for the Pokemon anime as it is right now, but then Brock's parents come to mind and... yeah.

Farfetched? Clearly you never brought a Celebi to the forest shrine in Heart Gold and Soul Silver

Lucky Zealot

Miles Sawyer
Dark Rogue Hellord

Farfetched? Clearly you never brought a Celebi to the forest shrine in Heart Gold and Soul Silver

Clearly you haven't read the previous posts either. I'm not referring to the antagonist in the GS games, I'm referring to the anime. The games were never even mentioned.

5,600 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
Dark Rogue Hellord

Thanks again for quoting, and yeah, the Silver theory is kinda out there. I don't know about you but I am a little tiny bit skeptical about the Oak theory. Just a tiny bit. I personally think that Prof. Oak wouldn't have an affair with a women so young, his star pupil at that, and the approximate timeline of Ash's birth would mean that he'd been cheating on his wife all the way until her death. I don't think Oak is a cheater, also, he showed much more interest in Gary that his supposed 'son' in the first episode. So, yeah, you putting all your money on Giovanni is smart, you might just get you're Porygon yet. xd

Also, though I don't really give this much thought, there is the possibility that Ash may have either been adopted or Delia had had an artificial insemination. But I doubt it.

Lucky Zealot

AkaneShinigami
Dark Rogue Hellord

Thanks again for quoting, and yeah, the Silver theory is kinda out there. I don't know about you but I am a little tiny bit skeptical about the Oak theory. Just a tiny bit. I personally think that Prof. Oak wouldn't have an affair with a women so young, his star pupil at that, and the approximate timeline of Ash's birth would mean that he'd been cheating on his wife all the way until her death. I don't think Oak is a cheater, also, he showed much more interest in Gary that his supposed 'son' in the first episode. So, yeah, you putting all your money on Giovanni is smart, you might just get you're Porygon yet. xd

Also, though I don't really give this much thought, there is the possibility that Ash may have either been adopted or Delia had had an artificial insemination. But I doubt it.

I'm used to hitting the reply button instead of the quote button, gomen.
As far as genetics go I don't think Ash looks even the tiniest bit like Oak or even Gary. There's a thought, he's lifelong rivals with his uncle. xD Out of his supposed fathers he looks more like Giovanni, but then none of those dads have black hair either which allows for some other possibilities I guess.

2,900 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Full closet 200
Dark Rogue Hellord
Miles Sawyer
Dark Rogue Hellord

Clearly you haven't read the previous posts either. I'm not referring to the antagonist in the GS games, I'm referring to the anime. The games were never even mentioned.

So? Silver was never in the anime

Lucky Zealot

Miles Sawyer
Dark Rogue Hellord
Miles Sawyer
Dark Rogue Hellord

And we were never talking about that Silver. Never implied that we were. Reread the previous posts and check the link again.

5,600 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
Dark Rogue Hellord
AkaneShinigami
Dark Rogue Hellord

As far as genetics go I don't think Ash looks even the tiniest bit like Oak or even Gary. There's a thought, he's lifelong rivals with his uncle. xD Out of his supposed fathers he looks more like Giovanni, but then none of those dads have black hair either which allows for some other possibilities I guess.

That's funny, if that is the case, and I highly doubt it, I think Ash would have Gary pony up for all those years of calling him a 'loser'. Smell you later, indeed. biggrin

Also the black hair could have easily been a recessive gene carried by both Delia and Giovanni. Just a thought, but really that could be true.

2,900 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Full closet 200
Dark Rogue Hellord
Miles Sawyer
Dark Rogue Hellord
Miles Sawyer
Dark Rogue Hellord

And we were never talking about that Silver. Never implied that we were. Reread the previous posts and check the link again.

What do u mean never talking about Silver? You literally SAid "I admit that the Silver theory is a wee bit far-fetched" what were actually secretly talking about purple?

Lucky Zealot

AkaneShinigami
Dark Rogue Hellord
AkaneShinigami
Dark Rogue Hellord

That's funny, if that is the case, and I highly doubt it, I think Ash would have Gary pony up for all those years of calling him a 'loser'. Smell you later, indeed. biggrin

Also the black hair could have easily been a recessive gene carried by both Delia and Giovanni. Just a thought, but really that could be true.

Something I've noticed is that one's uncle is always either a really funny guy or a big jerk. Weird that way, but Gary would at least get points for falling into the appropriate category. Geeze, Pallet Town is seriously messed up, huh? xd

I thought about the recessive gene idea, but I don't know how often those happen in anime of any kind. Even kid's shows unless the main character has unnatural hair and whatnot, but that's a separate argument entirely.

Lucky Zealot

Miles Sawyer
Dark Rogue Hellord
Miles Sawyer
Dark Rogue Hellord
Miles Sawyer
Dark Rogue Hellord

What do u mean never talking about Silver? You literally SAid "I admit that the Silver theory is a wee bit far-fetched" what were actually secretly talking about purple?

Nobody in this thread was ever talking about Giovanni's son Silver. We were only talking about the theory of Ash being Giovanni's son or the anime character Silver being Ash's father.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff