Welcome to Gaia! ::

Sid Chastity
Is anyone else really suspicious of the Blue Fairy? I find that it'd weird she helped Baelfire. Baelfire hears the story of the fairy from his friend, Morraine. Morraine was drafted into a war at age 14. I'm sure she prayed for her life several times, but no fairy saved her. What about the other kids that were forced into war? So why, out of everyone, did Blue answer Baelfire's call?

She never really tells says "magic comes with a price" like Rumpelstiltskin either, despite the fact that we see this holds true even when it comes to fairy magic. You can't just wish for something without consequences. Rumpel tells Cinderella as much when she was about to make a wish with her fairy godmother. Bae also asks her how he can trust her and she says she's on the right side or something, but I don't think that necessarily means she's good. I get the feeling she's the type of person that things the end justify the means.

When Belle kisses Rumpel, the spell was breaking. It's True Love's kiss and all that. But Emma broke the curse with Henry and that wasn't romantic love. So why didn't the fairy suggest Bae try True Love's kiss with his father? It seems like they do love each other very much. In fact, Bae is what Rumpel loves the most, even more than Belle. But the fairy didn't even suggest he try.

Then the fairy doesn't help Rumpel find his son and is so darn smug about it too. She thinks he'll never be able to get to the same world. She's also smug in Storybrook. After Rumpel sees her have a conversation with August, she says things in a deceiving way to give Rumpel the wrong impression that August is Bae. Did she remember her former life then? Before the curse was broken.

We've seen people get to this world besides using the magic bean that Bae used. Jefferson's or the wardrobe for instance. Plus, Blue says that was her last bean, implying there had been more before. If she just wanted to get rid of Rumpel, she could have lied and send him to another world or helped him get to our world.

So it makes me think Bae might have a special significance. Maybe the important thing was getting rid of Bae or separating him from his father. There are some interesting theories going around about Bae right now, especially because of the meaning of his name.

Also, the Blue Fairy sabotaged Dreamy and Nova's relationship. You could say she did it for Nova's best interest...or not. She was pretty mean to Nova at first and basically acted like she thought Nova was stupid. When Nova said she hoped to be a fairy god mother, Blue was dismissive of her. Yet when Blue talks to Dreamy, she makes it seem that Dreamy is keeping Nova from something great. Nova was also completely willing to go with Dreamy and Blue didn't even talk to her first about what she wanted for herself.

Blue has also proven to be a liar. She tells Snow only one person can go through the wardrobe after she was blackmailed by Geppetto. This shows she can lie. Sure she was coerced, but this just proves she has the capacity to lie. We don't know she hasn't lied for other reasons before either. Anyway, that was a mini rant.

I had (and have) my suspicions about Blue, too.
The theory of true love's kiss is very interesting... a father-son kind of true love's kiss... I never thought about that. It totally makes sense though, since he seems to love Bae more than anyone else.
I wanted to knock Blue out when she treated Rumple like that, telling him he'd never find a way back to his son and all that. And then when she treated poor Nova like that, too, disappointing her dreams of becoming a fairy godmother and then contradicting herself later telling Dreamy she'll be great one day if he stays away from her. I'm starting to see a pattern that she almost sort of enjoys keeping people apart....
And I do think that Blue also knew more than she lead on. I think she knew about FTL at least to some extent and just kept up a facade to deceive others because she does seem to possess a sneaky disposition, doesn't she. She was awfully cryptic to Gold when he confronted her about August. (But I love how Gold threatens the information out of her, after she tells him "I don't have to tell you that," Gold says "And I don't have to now double your rent..." I was like Yeah, Gold!)

puramuu's Senpai

13,975 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Forum Junior 100
Dream Forager

I had (and have) my suspicions about Blue, too.
The theory of true love's kiss is very interesting... a father-son kind of true love's kiss... I never thought about that. It totally makes sense though, since he seems to love Bae more than anyone else.
I wanted to knock Blue out when she treated Rumple like that, telling him he'd never find a way back to his son and all that. And then when she treated poor Nova like that, too, disappointing her dreams of becoming a fairy godmother and then contradicting herself later telling Dreamy she'll be great one day if he stays away from her. I'm starting to see a pattern that she almost sort of enjoys keeping people apart....
And I do think that Blue also knew more than she lead on. I think she knew about FTL at least to some extent and just kept up a facade to deceive others because she does seem to possess a sneaky disposition, doesn't she. She was awfully cryptic to Gold when he confronted her about August. (But I love how Gold threatens the information out of her, after she tells him "I don't have to tell you that," Gold says "And I don't have to now double your rent..." I was like Yeah, Gold!)

I don't see why a father-son kiss can't work if Emma broke the Dark Curse by kissing Henry. I think what's awesome about this show is that it presents different types of love. Parent-child relationships are just as important as romantic ones. I feel that shows often focus on one group. If it's about the parents, then the kids are side-characters that only show up to cause drama. If the kids are the focus, the parents are very rarely there unless it's plot relevant for the kid to get a heart-to-heart talk.

But this show presents both sides equally. We get to see parents as people with flaws and who make mistakes. We get to see the kids and how they grow up. I support Rumpel x Belle as much as anyone, but I can't help but feel Rumpel values his son more than Belle. He never told her about his child. He told her he'd had one, but he didn't tell her the full story. It wasn't that he was chose power over Belle when she first left, but that he needed his abilities to find his son. He didn't explain that to her and he didn't give up his powers for her either. More than anything, Rumpel wants his son. I think that kind of dedication and love is true love.

Also, I don't see why you can't have more than one true love. Emma and Graham had a kiss and then he remembered. Could it be you could be a person's true love but they're not yours? Or maybe you can have more than one true love. But back to Blue. Bae finds out about Blue from a girl named Morraine who fought in the Ogre Wars.

Morraine: Reul Ghorm.

Baelfire: What?

Morraine: I heard about it when I was in the trenches. The other soldiers talked about it. Reul Ghorm is an ancient being that rules the night. The original power.

Baelfire: Bigger than Papa, or worse than Papa?

Morraine: Bigger than anything.

I don't know about you, but that doesn't sound like kittens and puppies. That sounds dangerous.Also, this:

Blue Fairy: I can help.

Baelfire: How do I know I can trust you?

Blue Fairy: Because there is good magic and dark magic, and I’m on the right side.

She never really says she's good. She just says she's on the right side. Or what I assume she thinks is the right side. She's also already proven to be sneaky. She tells Rumpel there's no way to get to our world despite the fact that it's not true. We've seen lots of people travel without using the Dark Curse. She also lies to Snow and Charming about how many people can go through the wardrobe. Maybe Baelfire's disappearance was just another means to an end.
You know what else I thought about... Blue says the wardrobe takes two. The original plan was for Emma and her mother to go through, but Gepetto orders to put Pinocchio through. However, Blue comes back into the room and informs Gepetto that Snow is giving birth early, and will need to accompany her child in the wardrobe; but she just told Snow and Charming and everyone at that table only moments before that the wardrobe can take "only one." So how's Blue plan on explaining to Snow that she needs to accompany her daughter after she just said the wardrobe only takes one? She'd be caught in a straight-up lie!

puramuu's Senpai

13,975 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Forum Junior 100
Dream Forager
You know what else I thought about... Blue says the wardrobe takes two. The original plan was for Emma and her mother to go through, but Gepetto orders to put Pinocchio through. However, Blue comes back into the room and informs Gepetto that Snow is giving birth early, and will need to accompany her child in the wardrobe; but she just told Snow and Charming and everyone at that table only moments before that the wardrobe can take "only one." So how's Blue plan on explaining to Snow that she needs to accompany her daughter after she just said the wardrobe only takes one? She'd be caught in a straight-up lie!

I think everyone just takes it for granted she will always tell the truth. I don't remember if she told anyone that two could be taken, besides Geppetto. But she's already proven she can lie. So the real question is why. Why did was it important for Baelfire to be out of the way? Why did she lie to Rumpel and say there was no way to reach his son? Also, how does Blue choose whom to help?

When Morraine gets taken away, I believe in "Desperate Souls" to join the army, the man taking her away implies he's going to rape her. Considering she was a 14 year old girl around adult soldiers, it probably happened more than once. She was in the freakin' trenches when she heard about the Blue fairy. But not once did Blue help her.

Bloblike Creature

16,525 Points
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Battle: Cleric 100
Sid Chastity
Dream Forager

I think everyone just takes it for granted she will always tell the truth. I don't remember if she told anyone that two could be taken, besides Geppetto. But she's already proven she can lie. So the real question is why. Why did was it important for Baelfire to be out of the way? Why did she lie to Rumpel and say there was no way to reach his son? Also, how does Blue choose whom to help?

When Morraine gets taken away, I believe in "Desperate Souls" to join the army, the man taking her away implies he's going to rape her. Considering she was a 14 year old girl around adult soldiers, it probably happened more than once. She was in the freakin' trenches when she heard about the Blue fairy. But not once did Blue help her.

She's so self-righteous at this point that she's just as evil as Regina or Rumpel.
She sees herself as infallible, and doesn't hesitate to manipulate people to suit what she thinks is "right."
Like, she genuinely seemed to rejoice when telling Rumpel that he couldn't get Bae back.

puramuu's Senpai

13,975 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Forum Junior 100
Sapsorrow Grimm

She's so self-righteous at this point that she's just as evil as Regina or Rumpel.
She sees herself as infallible, and doesn't hesitate to manipulate people to suit what she thinks is "right."
Like, she genuinely seemed to rejoice when telling Rumpel that he couldn't get Bae back.

I think she was glad Bae was away from his father. I think there's something very important about Bae that we don't know. He is, after all, the center of the entire plot of the show. Rumpel wouldn't have become the Dark One or made all those deals if it weren't for Bae. And Rumpel also wouldn't have affected everyone else's story without Bae. In a way, Rumpel created Regina.
maiden_of_thy_earth
Twisted_Misery

This isn't related to the thread, but I just totally love your signature! 3nodding

Thanks!
I find your avi very amusing. emotion_brofist
Sid Chastity

Yeah, and it's probably hard to get people that are currently Amish to participate in this kind of thing. I thought for sure Rebecca would be the one to annoy me the most, but now it's Kate. She's so whiny now and hates everything. Also, Jeremiah is such a freakin' creeper. He's so much older than the rest of the cast too. Everyone is in their early 20s and Jeremiah is 32. He's so sexist and looks at all women as objects. You can say it's how he was raised, but Abe is not as bad. He's willing to listen when Rebecca tells him something and will do his own things.

Well, she'd be dead by now. Rumpel is centuries old. Granny said her older brothers and dad fought in the second Ogre War. But Rumpel's son was drafted into the first war. The creator made a tweet about it. Here is some good info. But I think the problem for Rumpel's wife, based on what little we know, is that she was unhappy with how her life turned out. The casting said she also started spending a lot of time in pubs, which I assume means she became an alcoholic.

Yeah I'm sure the true Amish would think they'd burn alive if they did the show.
Anyone I've ever seen in movies or TV that was named Jeremiah, was a creeper.
I'm sure most of the males in that culture are really sexist because they're stuck in the 1800's.

Unless she wasn't human, but I'm sure she was.
Yeah the link goes right along with what we've been saying.
Well I guess I was right about at least someone in their family being an alcoholic.

puramuu's Senpai

13,975 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Forum Junior 100
Twisted_Misery

Yeah I'm sure the true Amish would think they'd burn alive if they did the show.
Anyone I've ever seen in movies or TV that was named Jeremiah, was a creeper.
I'm sure most of the males in that culture are really sexist because they're stuck in the 1800's.

Unless she wasn't human, but I'm sure she was.
Yeah the link goes right along with what we've been saying.
Well I guess I was right about at least someone in their family being an alcoholic.

His sexism bothers me so much. =/ Jeremiah is so annoying.

Doesn't Mr. Gold carry around a flask? I think he's turning into an alcoholic too. I guess it makes sense since he's spent so much time trying to find his son.

Destructive Bunny

I think the pacing of OUaT is a bit slow, but still a enjoyable watch. Since the majority of the backstory is laid out already, I'm hoping the second season picks up the pace smile

A few things I've been speculating about, sory if it's been mentioned before. Is Dr Whale Monstro? If he was then I can't imagine him wanting to be reverted back to a whale.

And the man who receives the "Broken" postcard from the dove, was he Mr Gold's son?

Chatty Shapeshifter

7,900 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Popular Thread 100
Sid Chastity
Dream Forager
Sid Chastity
Angel_Arianas
Oh stop
xX A m a - S a m a Xx
For everyone's express warning, the entirety of my rant is about tonight's second episode of season two. If you haven't seen it, simply move along and pay me no heed. Otherwise, I'd love to hear everyone's thoughts on my theory.

Alright, so after tonight's episode, I firstly can't help but feel a bit creeped out by the fact that young Regina and 'Stiltskin were kinda flirting... But that would add to an act of jealousy, buried perhaps, in Regina's "getting rid of Belle" back in the storybook world. >,>

Anyways, the whole bit about 'Stiltskin having been with Regina before, when she was more "transportable" makes me believe that she could be the baby that Rumplestiltskin stole in the fable. I've ruled out a fleeting thought that he could be her real father for the sheer fact that they were, seemingly, flirting and by the fact that Regina is good at heart, something that would have to come from her father Henry. Moving along, I think 'Stiltskin has tried repeatedly to kidnap children [first Regina, later Cinderella's child] to replace his lost son, Baelfire. If this is true, and if Rumplestiltskin became the Dark One in time to see a baby Regina, then Baelfire will have been sent to our world a loooooong time ago. Just jugging from the age difference between Regina and Snow White in the storybooke world [ten years, anyone?], that's somewhere between 25 and 35 years at least from Baelfire's disappearance until the time the spell was cast.

If you tack on another 28 years for the time that passed between the spell being cast to the time it was broken, this is over all a timespan of 50 years +. Add in further the fact that Baelfire was 10ish when he left, this means that Baelfire, living in our world and aging, will be an old man like his father when we meet him!!! This blew my mind. Dx And it means Bae most likely is not Henry's father. T-T Unless Emma likes old guys... xD

I just had to get that out of my system. If you made it to the bottom of this post, thank you. <3

LOL on emma liking old guys. xD

One thing you are missing though. Magic can change things. Magic is something very unpredictable. For all we know, Baelfire could have been sent to arrive within the next couple episodes. One thing we must admit to is that magic is unpredictable and anything can happen when it is involved.

I think we need to know how much control Rumpel had on the timeline. Did he purposefully pick a date or did he just get close enough? As someone that spent centuries developing this spell, you think he'd have a clue about this. Yet he believed August was his son, which is impossible unless Bae was supposed to be an adult at the time. Did Rumpel ever question August? I feel he didn't ask why he knew about the dagger and Baelfire. Rumpel seems to keep both those things super secret. He didn't even tell Belle the full story of Bae. So why didn't he ask how Pinocchio of all people knew?

He does question August in "The Return." Gold says "it's about time you started answering some questions around here, sunshine. Who told you about me and the knife?"
August says "A little fairy."
But yeah... Rumple does seem to keep things to himself quite a bit.

I'll have to rewatch that scene...but that just raises more questions. Was August being truthful? Where would he have met a fairy? Certainly no one told him this as a little boy. Unless that's what he was talking to Blue about. It was weird we didn't really hear what they were talking about and Blue wasn't supposed to have her memory back yet. Plus, someone was feeding him information over the phone.

You guys...You've all restored my hope for the Baelfire/Emma/Henry conspiracy. I am quite the linear thinker and sometimes neglect the "out of the box" thought process and ignore the fact that, quite simply, "magic" can be the answer lol. x3

On another note, I somehow didn't register the bit with August and "a little fairy" comment. That certainly changes a lot.

Chatty Shapeshifter

7,900 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Popular Thread 100
Sid Chastity
Is anyone else really suspicious of the Blue Fairy? I find that it'd weird she helped Baelfire. Baelfire hears the story of the fairy from his friend, Morraine. Morraine was drafted into a war at age 14. I'm sure she prayed for her life several times, but no fairy saved her. What about the other kids that were forced into war? So why, out of everyone, did Blue answer Baelfire's call?

She never really tells says "magic comes with a price" like Rumpelstiltskin either, despite the fact that we see this holds true even when it comes to fairy magic. You can't just wish for something without consequences. Rumpel tells Cinderella as much when she was about to make a wish with her fairy godmother. Bae also asks her how he can trust her and she says she's on the right side or something, but I don't think that necessarily means she's good. I get the feeling she's the type of person that things the end justify the means.

When Belle kisses Rumpel, the spell was breaking. It's True Love's kiss and all that. But Emma broke the curse with Henry and that wasn't romantic love. So why didn't the fairy suggest Bae try True Love's kiss with his father? It seems like they do love each other very much. In fact, Bae is what Rumpel loves the most, even more than Belle. But the fairy didn't even suggest he try.

Then the fairy doesn't help Rumpel find his son and is so darn smug about it too. She thinks he'll never be able to get to the same world. She's also smug in Storybrook. After Rumpel sees her have a conversation with August, she says things in a deceiving way to give Rumpel the wrong impression that August is Bae. Did she remember her former life then? Before the curse was broken.

We've seen people get to this world besides using the magic bean that Bae used. Jefferson's or the wardrobe for instance. Plus, Blue says that was her last bean, implying there had been more before. If she just wanted to get rid of Rumpel, she could have lied and send him to another world or helped him get to our world.

So it makes me think Bae might have a special significance. Maybe the important thing was getting rid of Bae or separating him from his father. There are some interesting theories going around about Bae right now, especially because of the meaning of his name.

Also, the Blue Fairy sabotaged Dreamy and Nova's relationship. You could say she did it for Nova's best interest...or not. She was pretty mean to Nova at first and basically acted like she thought Nova was stupid. When Nova said she hoped to be a fairy god mother, Blue was dismissive of her. Yet when Blue talks to Dreamy, she makes it seem that Dreamy is keeping Nova from something great. Nova was also completely willing to go with Dreamy and Blue didn't even talk to her first about what she wanted for herself.

Blue has also proven to be a liar. She tells Snow only one person can go through the wardrobe after she was blackmailed by Geppetto. This shows she can lie. Sure she was coerced, but this just proves she has the capacity to lie. We don't know she hasn't lied for other reasons before either. Anyway, that was a mini rant.

After reading all of this, I can't help but wonder about Blue now which is quite the interesting thought. I did find it odd she acted as she did to Rumple when Bae was spirited away, and also thought it odd when the bit with Nova and Grumpy occurred. Perhaps, then, Bae is the young man at the beginning of the season opener. The letter sent by the dove does seem like something a fairy could do. Really, the argument could be made later on that those from the Enchanted Forest who were exceptionally skilled in magic, like Regina, Rumple, and now possibly Blue, may not have been affected by the curse at all. And, if the Blue Fairy had intended to separate father and son out of a twisted sense of justice, then it might make sense that she would keep tabs on the boy after crossing over. I can also see how that could set Bae up as a Peter Pan figure, now, too...

I think this show is going to explore multiple applications of the word love. If anyone could break Rumple's spell, it might make more sense for it to be Bae and not Belle. In Rumple's case, Bae would be a product of his own love which might make that love stronger. I'd just never thought about it once I realized he was the Beast.

On another note. Maybe August knew about Baelfire because he met him in our world, Bae possibly referring August to Blue once he got to town if the wayward son knew she still had her memory. When August was running around being naughty, it's possible that he and rumple's son crossed paths. These people from the Enchanted Forest do seem to be ever connected to one another in one way, shape, or form...

puramuu's Senpai

13,975 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Forum Junior 100
xX A m a - S a m a Xx
Sid Chastity
Dream Forager
Sid Chastity
Angel_Arianas

One thing you are missing though. Magic can change things. Magic is something very unpredictable. For all we know, Baelfire could have been sent to arrive within the next couple episodes. One thing we must admit to is that magic is unpredictable and anything can happen when it is involved.

I think we need to know how much control Rumpel had on the timeline. Did he purposefully pick a date or did he just get close enough? As someone that spent centuries developing this spell, you think he'd have a clue about this. Yet he believed August was his son, which is impossible unless Bae was supposed to be an adult at the time. Did Rumpel ever question August? I feel he didn't ask why he knew about the dagger and Baelfire. Rumpel seems to keep both those things super secret. He didn't even tell Belle the full story of Bae. So why didn't he ask how Pinocchio of all people knew?

He does question August in "The Return." Gold says "it's about time you started answering some questions around here, sunshine. Who told you about me and the knife?"

I'll have to rewatch that scene...but that just raises more questions. Was August being truthful? Where would he have met a fairy? Certainly no one told him this as a little boy. Unless that's what he was talking to Blue about. It was weird we didn't really hear what they were talking about and Blue wasn't supposed to have her memory back yet. Plus, someone was feeding him information over the phone.

You guys...You've all restored my hope for the Baelfire/Emma/Henry conspiracy. I am quite the linear thinker and sometimes neglect the "out of the box" thought process and ignore the fact that, quite simply, "magic" can be the answer lol. x3

On another note, I somehow didn't register the bit with August and "a little fairy" comment. That certainly changes a lot.

As I've said before, I'm firmly against Baelfire being Henry's father. I think that would be too obvious. The creators will dangle Bae around us for a while. They said they were going to reveal Bae's fate this season. The creators are actually good at spoiling. They always reveal cast lists and photos and like four promo scenes. There's been a lot of buzz for episode six, Tallahassee, because it's the one where we get Emma's backstory and find out about Henry's dad. It hasn't been mentioned at all Bae will appear, nor have they cast an actor for the role yet. Or at least, there's nothing on the cast list yet.

But I believe it's too early for them to reveal Baelfire just yet. That's one reason I don't think he's Henry's dad. Baelfire is basically the center of the show, despite only showing up twice. He's the entire reason Rumpel does anything. As we've seen, he had a hand in creating the queen as she is now. He also basically ruined a bunch of people's lives all in the name of finding his child. Bae is the endgame. I think they want to focus on more things before they get to him.

Another thing is that Emma calls Henry's dad a "bad guy." She basically implies he wasn't a good person. Baelfire can't be a bad person because he needs to be good for his role. You see, he's the one that will redeem Rumpel. Rumpelstiltskin has sacrificed everything to see his son, even Belle. He did not let Belle break his curse or redeem him because then he would never see his son again. That means it has to be Bae that redeems him. I think Baelfire is a huge part of Rumpel's character and sort of acts as his conscience. Without him, Rumpel won't grow as a character.

Rumpel tends to shift blame. When he found out about Belle, he blamed her father for her apparent suicide. He blames the Blue Fairy for his son's disappearance. He's self loathing and thinks he can't be loved, but desperately wants his son's love back. He needs for Baelfire to push him into becoming a good person so he can change.

puramuu's Senpai

13,975 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Forum Junior 100
xX A m a - S a m a Xx
Sid Chastity

After reading all of this, I can't help but wonder about Blue now which is quite the interesting thought. I did find it odd she acted as she did to Rumple when Bae was spirited away, and also thought it odd when the bit with Nova and Grumpy occurred. Perhaps, then, Bae is the young man at the beginning of the season opener. The letter sent by the dove does seem like something a fairy could do. Really, the argument could be made later on that those from the Enchanted Forest who were exceptionally skilled in magic, like Regina, Rumple, and now possibly Blue, may not have been affected by the curse at all. And, if the Blue Fairy had intended to separate father and son out of a twisted sense of justice, then it might make sense that she would keep tabs on the boy after crossing over. I can also see how that could set Bae up as a Peter Pan figure, now, too...

I think this show is going to explore multiple applications of the word love. If anyone could break Rumple's spell, it might make more sense for it to be Bae and not Belle. In Rumple's case, Bae would be a product of his own love which might make that love stronger. I'd just never thought about it once I realized he was the Beast.

On another note. Maybe August knew about Baelfire because he met him in our world, Bae possibly referring August to Blue once he got to town if the wayward son knew she still had her memory. When August was running around being naughty, it's possible that he and rumple's son crossed paths. These people from the Enchanted Forest do seem to be ever connected to one another in one way, shape, or form...

The maps Rumpel had at the end of last week's episode certainly were a clue. I saw New York, Massachusetts, and New England. That's all I could read. I don't know how he narrowed it down to those areas, though. But we have to remember that the writers like to mess with us. They had us going for a while that August was Bae and the Pinocchio thing came out of nowhere. It's not certain if Rumpel knows for sure if his son is in these areas or if he's guessing.

Regina wasn't affected for sure. She was the one that cast the spell and she couldn't enjoy her position if she didn't remember the forest. Rumpel...I'm not so sure. If you watch the first episode, when he meets Emma, he has this weird pause like he suddenly realized something. I think people say that's when he remembered everything. Not to mention, in "Skin Deep" we have Regina trying to figure out if Rumpel remembered who he was. This implies he shouldn't have remembered. I don't think anyone was supposed to remember before the Savior came before time was frozen. It wasn't until Emma arrived that things changed. Well, save for Jefferson but that was part of the curse to begin with.

I had another thought that maybe the magic bean didn't take Bae where he wanted to go at all. Blue said the bean would take him where he needed to go. Some people theorize that when his father let go of his hand, Bae changed his mind about where he wanted to go. Not to mention, Blue implies there used to be other beans. That means people traveled to other worlds. So we might end up with more people in our world from Fairy land that weren't cursed. Or they could have gone to other worlds besides ours. But there was something important about the two, Bae and Rumpel. And the fairy didn't seem concerned that Rumpel didn't also get sent to our world. So maybe it wasn't as important as sending Baelfire away.

I don't think Bae sharing DNA with Rumpel makes their love stronger. To be blunt, I think Rumpel loves Bae more than Belle. When Belle was going to leave him, Rumpel had to basically decide between his lover and his son. Belle didn't know this, but Rumpel had to decide to give up his powers and love Belle or keep his powers and find his son. He picked Bae. Belle was someone Rumpel had a connection with, but he'd only known her some months. I don't deny his feelings were real, but I feel the feelings he had for Bae were stronger.

Think about it. His wife left him and he raised his son all on his own. The townspeople mocked Rumpel because he was the coward that ran away from the war. For a long time, Bae was all he had. I assume they did everything together since it wasn't like he could leave the child alone. He taught his son how to spin wool, how to be a good person, how to live, etc. As much as Rumpel will love others, I don't think he lets himself put anything but his child first. Actually, the devotion to his child is borderline obsessive.

He turns a man that hits his child with a cart into a slug. The guy only skinned Bae's knee. He's so concerned with making sure his child is safe that he can't even see how horrible he's become. Everything is always about Baelfire. I feel it's interesting that despite getting little screen time, this kid has such a deep impact.

I thought August might have meet Baelfire. It only makes sense. How else would he know about the knife? Even if you know the knife exists, it seems a little much to be able to draw it exactly. I mean, Blue can tell you there's a knife, but we don't know if she got a good enough look to know the exact font on the knife and the exact physical appearance. Plus, how many people know Bae calls his father "Papa?" Or that Bae exists for that matter. It all seems very odd. Some people think August disappeared because Rumpel sent him to find his son. But I guess we'll see.

Chatty Shapeshifter

7,900 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Popular Thread 100
Sid Chastity
xX A m a - S a m a Xx
Sid Chastity
Dream Forager
Sid Chastity
Angel_Arianas

As I've said before, I'm firmly against Baelfire being Henry's father. I think that would be too obvious. The creators will dangle Bae around us for a while. They said they were going to reveal Bae's fate this season. The creators are actually good at spoiling. They always reveal cast lists and photos and like four promo scenes. There's been a lot of buzz for episode six, Tallahassee, because it's the one where we get Emma's backstory and find out about Henry's dad. It hasn't been mentioned at all Bae will appear, nor have they cast an actor for the role yet. Or at least, there's nothing on the cast list yet.

But I believe it's too early for them to reveal Baelfire just yet. That's one reason I don't think he's Henry's dad. Baelfire is basically the center of the show, despite only showing up twice. He's the entire reason Rumpel does anything. As we've seen, he had a hand in creating the queen as she is now. He also basically ruined a bunch of people's lives all in the name of finding his child. Bae is the endgame. I think they want to focus on more things before they get to him.

Another thing is that Emma calls Henry's dad a "bad guy." She basically implies he wasn't a good person. Baelfire can't be a bad person because he needs to be good for his role. You see, he's the one that will redeem Rumpel. Rumpelstiltskin has sacrificed everything to see his son, even Belle. He did not let Belle break his curse or redeem him because then he would never see his son again. That means it has to be Bae that redeems him. I think Baelfire is a huge part of Rumpel's character and sort of acts as his conscience. Without him, Rumpel won't grow as a character.

Rumpel tends to shift blame. When he found out about Belle, he blamed her father for her apparent suicide. He blames the Blue Fairy for his son's disappearance. He's self loathing and thinks he can't be loved, but desperately wants his son's love back. He needs for Baelfire to push him into becoming a good person so he can change.

I dunno that it's such an impossible plot. Indeed, things do center about Bae. However, in Storybrooke, things seem to center around Henry quite a bit also. It might make sense if the two center points, Henry for Storybrooke and Bae for the Enchanted Forest, are connected.

I had also considered the thought that just because we see who Henry's father is in the Tallahassee episode doesn't mean he will suddenly be a show regular. We may not even learn this guy's name and will just get a face. If the man at the beginning of the season opener episode is some wild card character like the white rabbit and not Bae, it would be even more doable.

I do also recall the bit about Henry's father being evil. There's no guarantee that someone who was originally good will stay that way. Regina is a prime example. If Bae suddenly turned up alone in our world, abandoned by his father, a lot of anger could come out of that [and as Yoda put it, it's a "path to the Darkside"]. Bae could be evil, could be Henry's father, and could be on the back burner for several seasons before he shows up and interacts with Rumple. If Belle is able to chip away some at Rumple, begin to turn him good, and his son suddenly entered as an evil character, it would substantially effect his character. Not being there for Bae and seeing what it caused in his character could cause a lot of regret in Rumple. Quite suddenly, we could see a shift where Bae is now the main antagonist and Rumple is now a conscience character while still being lost in his own right. Rumple could still step on the toes of the "good characters" because they will be at odds with his son, who he will side with, even though there's a part of him desperate to change.

The sad part about this is I think it'll be a looooong time before we find out if any of this is right lol. xD

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff