Welcome to Gaia! ::

Sapsorrow Grimm
I agree with what was mentioned earlier about Mulan. She is really unlikable.
And as for Whale, the actor said that very few people had guessed his identity so far.

I really hope they don't make a big deal out of the Henry's father storyline. It really sort of bothers me, and it's a tad cliche. I'm happy with it just being some guy in Emma's past. Not a fairytale character, and not a regular.

Well, to be perfectly honest, I think the backstory of Henry's father could be intriguing if it's presented well. And I have confidence that the writers will find some way to mold the story around so it's not super cliche or anything. I'm really quite interested to know. Emma mentions him frequently (though subtly), which says he must be more than a shadow figure. Not to mention she also said "trust me, he (Henry) does not need to know the real story" which of course makes the audience itch with curiosity. That's like saying "don't play with matches" to someone who's never seen fire.
Sid Chastity
The new promo pictures look promising. Apparently there's a new character called "William" who was originally called "Beaman" or something like that during casting.

I am crazy excited about the King Arthur legend coming in! I mean, I might be more excited about this than anything else in this show (except Gold and Bae's reunion of course). I love King Arthur to death. I'm also glad they've cast a black dude as Lancelot. I think it's going to be AWESOME! Can't wait!!! xd

puramuu's Senpai

13,975 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Forum Junior 100
Dream Forager
Sid Chastity
The new promo pictures look promising. Apparently there's a new character called "William" who was originally called "Beaman" or something like that during casting.

I am crazy excited about the King Arthur legend coming in! I mean, I might be more excited about this than anything else in this show (except Gold and Bae's reunion of course). I love King Arthur to death. I'm also glad they've cast a black dude as Lancelot. I think it's going to be AWESOME! Can't wait!!! xd

We're all excited. He's set for the next episode I think, Lancelot I mean.

Dream Forager
Well, to be perfectly honest, I think the backstory of Henry's father could be intriguing if it's presented well. And I have confidence that the writers will find some way to mold the story around so it's not super cliche or anything. I'm really quite interested to know. Emma mentions him frequently (though subtly), which says he must be more than a shadow figure. Not to mention she also said "trust me, he (Henry) does not need to know the real story" which of course makes the audience itch with curiosity. That's like saying "don't play with matches" to someone who's never seen fire.

It doesn't necessarily mean he was a bad guy. Emma didn't tell him about Henry so at least he didn't actually abandon Henry. It might be that he and Emma had a falling out or a vicious fight. To be honest, considering how Emma is now, she probably wasn't a ray of sunshine back then.

puramuu's Senpai

13,975 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Forum Junior 100
Angel_Arianas
Oh stop
xX A m a - S a m a Xx
For everyone's express warning, the entirety of my rant is about tonight's second episode of season two. If you haven't seen it, simply move along and pay me no heed. Otherwise, I'd love to hear everyone's thoughts on my theory.

Alright, so after tonight's episode, I firstly can't help but feel a bit creeped out by the fact that young Regina and 'Stiltskin were kinda flirting... But that would add to an act of jealousy, buried perhaps, in Regina's "getting rid of Belle" back in the storybook world. >,>

Anyways, the whole bit about 'Stiltskin having been with Regina before, when she was more "transportable" makes me believe that she could be the baby that Rumplestiltskin stole in the fable. I've ruled out a fleeting thought that he could be her real father for the sheer fact that they were, seemingly, flirting and by the fact that Regina is good at heart, something that would have to come from her father Henry. Moving along, I think 'Stiltskin has tried repeatedly to kidnap children [first Regina, later Cinderella's child] to replace his lost son, Baelfire. If this is true, and if Rumplestiltskin became the Dark One in time to see a baby Regina, then Baelfire will have been sent to our world a loooooong time ago. Just jugging from the age difference between Regina and Snow White in the storybooke world [ten years, anyone?], that's somewhere between 25 and 35 years at least from Baelfire's disappearance until the time the spell was cast.

If you tack on another 28 years for the time that passed between the spell being cast to the time it was broken, this is over all a timespan of 50 years +. Add in further the fact that Baelfire was 10ish when he left, this means that Baelfire, living in our world and aging, will be an old man like his father when we meet him!!! This blew my mind. Dx And it means Bae most likely is not Henry's father. T-T Unless Emma likes old guys... xD

I just had to get that out of my system. If you made it to the bottom of this post, thank you. <3

LOL on emma liking old guys. xD

One thing you are missing though. Magic can change things. Magic is something very unpredictable. For all we know, Baelfire could have been sent to arrive within the next couple episodes. One thing we must admit to is that magic is unpredictable and anything can happen when it is involved.

I think we need to know how much control Rumpel had on the timeline. Did he purposefully pick a date or did he just get close enough? As someone that spent centuries developing this spell, you think he'd have a clue about this. Yet he believed August was his son, which is impossible unless Bae was supposed to be an adult at the time. Did Rumpel ever question August? I feel he didn't ask why he knew about the dagger and Baelfire. Rumpel seems to keep both those things super secret. He didn't even tell Belle the full story of Bae. So why didn't he ask how Pinocchio of all people knew?

puramuu's Senpai

13,975 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Forum Junior 100
Here is something interesting on Baelfire's age.
Sid Chastity
Twisted_Misery

Seriously?
We can't even trust the Amish to be real?! emotion_facepalm

If his dad was just a normal person with no connections, then it wouldn't be nearly as interesting.
I think he'll be a fairy tale character, with maybe some strange connection to someone we know well, like Rump or Regina.

If he didn't get his memories until then, I guess he got him because it was just his destiny or something...maybe no one else could've gotten Henry.

To see the look on Rump's face when he sees Bae, I'm sure I'll feel like crying.
I mean, Rump seeing Belle again was worthy of crying over.
I really want to know why this idiot woman gave up Rump and Bae.
That would be crazy if she was still alive and came back into Rump's life.

There are rumors about the cast floating around. One says that Rebecca and Abe married a long time ago and have a kid. Nobody doubts that they're Amish, but some people say they have had more interaction with the outside world than they claim.

Yeah, the whole adoption of Henry is strange. I hope they bring a cool twist when they reveal his dad.

Apparently, Bae's mom got bored of being a housewife. So goes the plot synopsis and she joined some thieves but then got in trouble with pirates.

Well it is more interesting to see something like that than see just normal people doing whatever, so I understand why they might lie.

Yeah I feel like they haven't really explained it in detail very much, probably for a good reason.
Me too.

Well, I bet she'd regret that now after all the adventures that Rump created once he changed.

puramuu's Senpai

13,975 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Forum Junior 100
Twisted_Misery
Sid Chastity
Twisted_Misery

Seriously?
We can't even trust the Amish to be real?! emotion_facepalm

If his dad was just a normal person with no connections, then it wouldn't be nearly as interesting.
I think he'll be a fairy tale character, with maybe some strange connection to someone we know well, like Rump or Regina.

If he didn't get his memories until then, I guess he got him because it was just his destiny or something...maybe no one else could've gotten Henry.

To see the look on Rump's face when he sees Bae, I'm sure I'll feel like crying.
I mean, Rump seeing Belle again was worthy of crying over.
I really want to know why this idiot woman gave up Rump and Bae.
That would be crazy if she was still alive and came back into Rump's life.

There are rumors about the cast floating around. One says that Rebecca and Abe married a long time ago and have a kid. Nobody doubts that they're Amish, but some people say they have had more interaction with the outside world than they claim.

Yeah, the whole adoption of Henry is strange. I hope they bring a cool twist when they reveal his dad.

Apparently, Bae's mom got bored of being a housewife. So goes the plot synopsis and she joined some thieves but then got in trouble with pirates.

Well it is more interesting to see something like that than see just normal people doing whatever, so I understand why they might lie.

Yeah I feel like they haven't really explained it in detail very much, probably for a good reason.
Me too.

Well, I bet she'd regret that now after all the adventures that Rump created once he changed.

Yeah, and it's probably hard to get people that are currently Amish to participate in this kind of thing. I thought for sure Rebecca would be the one to annoy me the most, but now it's Kate. She's so whiny now and hates everything. Also, Jeremiah is such a freakin' creeper. He's so much older than the rest of the cast too. Everyone is in their early 20s and Jeremiah is 32. He's so sexist and looks at all women as objects. You can say it's how he was raised, but Abe is not as bad. He's willing to listen when Rebecca tells him something and will do his own things.

Well, she'd be dead by now. Rumpel is centuries old. Granny said her older brothers and dad fought in the second Ogre War. But Rumpel's son was drafted into the first war. The creator made a tweet about it. Here is some good info. But I think the problem for Rumpel's wife, based on what little we know, is that she was unhappy with how her life turned out. The casting said she also started spending a lot of time in pubs, which I assume means she became an alcoholic.

Invisible Rogue

12,725 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Hellraiser 500
Twisted_Misery

This isn't related to the thread, but I just totally love your signature! 3nodding
Sid Chastity
Angel_Arianas
Oh stop
xX A m a - S a m a Xx
For everyone's express warning, the entirety of my rant is about tonight's second episode of season two. If you haven't seen it, simply move along and pay me no heed. Otherwise, I'd love to hear everyone's thoughts on my theory.

Alright, so after tonight's episode, I firstly can't help but feel a bit creeped out by the fact that young Regina and 'Stiltskin were kinda flirting... But that would add to an act of jealousy, buried perhaps, in Regina's "getting rid of Belle" back in the storybook world. >,>

Anyways, the whole bit about 'Stiltskin having been with Regina before, when she was more "transportable" makes me believe that she could be the baby that Rumplestiltskin stole in the fable. I've ruled out a fleeting thought that he could be her real father for the sheer fact that they were, seemingly, flirting and by the fact that Regina is good at heart, something that would have to come from her father Henry. Moving along, I think 'Stiltskin has tried repeatedly to kidnap children [first Regina, later Cinderella's child] to replace his lost son, Baelfire. If this is true, and if Rumplestiltskin became the Dark One in time to see a baby Regina, then Baelfire will have been sent to our world a loooooong time ago. Just jugging from the age difference between Regina and Snow White in the storybooke world [ten years, anyone?], that's somewhere between 25 and 35 years at least from Baelfire's disappearance until the time the spell was cast.

If you tack on another 28 years for the time that passed between the spell being cast to the time it was broken, this is over all a timespan of 50 years +. Add in further the fact that Baelfire was 10ish when he left, this means that Baelfire, living in our world and aging, will be an old man like his father when we meet him!!! This blew my mind. Dx And it means Bae most likely is not Henry's father. T-T Unless Emma likes old guys... xD

I just had to get that out of my system. If you made it to the bottom of this post, thank you. <3

One thing you are missing though. Magic can change things. Magic is something very unpredictable. For all we know, Baelfire could have been sent to arrive within the next couple episodes. One thing we must admit to is that magic is unpredictable and anything can happen when it is involved.

I think we need to know how much control Rumpel had on the timeline. Did he purposefully pick a date or did he just get close enough? As someone that spent centuries developing this spell, you think he'd have a clue about this. Yet he believed August was his son, which is impossible unless Bae was supposed to be an adult at the time. Did Rumpel ever question August? I feel he didn't ask why he knew about the dagger and Baelfire. Rumpel seems to keep both those things super secret. He didn't even tell Belle the full story of Bae. So why didn't he ask how Pinocchio of all people knew?

He does question August in "The Return." Gold says "it's about time you started answering some questions around here, sunshine. Who told you about me and the knife?"
August says "A little fairy."
But yeah... Rumple does seem to keep things to himself quite a bit.
Dream Forager

It doesn't necessarily mean he was a bad guy. Emma didn't tell him about Henry so at least he didn't actually abandon Henry. It might be that he and Emma had a falling out or a vicious fight. To be honest, considering how Emma is now, she probably wasn't a ray of sunshine back then.

Oh, I never meant he was a bad guy at all. Only that he's a "shadow figure," meaning he's some mysterious, unknown dude in Emma's past, that's all. But even though he is a shadow figure, I do still think he's significant enough to be mentioned further in detail in some future episode, which is what I was trying to tell Sapsorrow Grimm, just to state my opinion.
I was responding to Sapsorrow Grimm because he mentioned that the whole thing with Henry's father was a bit cliche, so I answered basically saying it could actually enhance the story without being cliche if it's done well - and of course, the writers of this show seem to be doing well so far, so I have confidence the tale of Henry's father will be promising.
To me, it sounds more like the dude just up and left Emma after screwing her since that's how a lot of guys are, naturally.

puramuu's Senpai

13,975 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Forum Junior 100
Dream Forager
Sid Chastity
Angel_Arianas
Oh stop
xX A m a - S a m a Xx

He does question August in "The Return." Gold says "it's about time you started answering some questions around here, sunshine. Who told you about me and the knife?"
August says "A little fairy."
But yeah... Rumple does seem to keep things to himself quite a bit.

I'll have to rewatch that scene...but that just raises more questions. Was August being truthful? Where would he have met a fairy? Certainly no one told him this as a little boy. Unless that's what he was talking to Blue about. It was weird we didn't really hear what they were talking about and Blue wasn't supposed to have her memory back yet. Plus, someone was feeding him information over the phone.

puramuu's Senpai

13,975 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Forum Junior 100
Is anyone else really suspicious of the Blue Fairy? I find that it'd weird she helped Baelfire. Baelfire hears the story of the fairy from his friend, Morraine. Morraine was drafted into a war at age 14. I'm sure she prayed for her life several times, but no fairy saved her. What about the other kids that were forced into war? So why, out of everyone, did Blue answer Baelfire's call?

She never really tells says "magic comes with a price" like Rumpelstiltskin either, despite the fact that we see this holds true even when it comes to fairy magic. You can't just wish for something without consequences. Rumpel tells Cinderella as much when she was about to make a wish with her fairy godmother. Bae also asks her how he can trust her and she says she's on the right side or something, but I don't think that necessarily means she's good. I get the feeling she's the type of person that things the end justify the means.

When Belle kisses Rumpel, the spell was breaking. It's True Love's kiss and all that. But Emma broke the curse with Henry and that wasn't romantic love. So why didn't the fairy suggest Bae try True Love's kiss with his father? It seems like they do love each other very much. In fact, Bae is what Rumpel loves the most, even more than Belle. But the fairy didn't even suggest he try.

Then the fairy doesn't help Rumpel find his son and is so darn smug about it too. She thinks he'll never be able to get to the same world. She's also smug in Storybrook. After Rumpel sees her have a conversation with August, she says things in a deceiving way to give Rumpel the wrong impression that August is Bae. Did she remember her former life then? Before the curse was broken.

We've seen people get to this world besides using the magic bean that Bae used. Jefferson's or the wardrobe for instance. Plus, Blue says that was her last bean, implying there had been more before. If she just wanted to get rid of Rumpel, she could have lied and send him to another world or helped him get to our world.

So it makes me think Bae might have a special significance. Maybe the important thing was getting rid of Bae or separating him from his father. There are some interesting theories going around about Bae right now, especially because of the meaning of his name.

Also, the Blue Fairy sabotaged Dreamy and Nova's relationship. You could say she did it for Nova's best interest...or not. She was pretty mean to Nova at first and basically acted like she thought Nova was stupid. When Nova said she hoped to be a fairy god mother, Blue was dismissive of her. Yet when Blue talks to Dreamy, she makes it seem that Dreamy is keeping Nova from something great. Nova was also completely willing to go with Dreamy and Blue didn't even talk to her first about what she wanted for herself.

Blue has also proven to be a liar. She tells Snow only one person can go through the wardrobe after she was blackmailed by Geppetto. This shows she can lie. Sure she was coerced, but this just proves she has the capacity to lie. We don't know she hasn't lied for other reasons before either. Anyway, that was a mini rant.

Bloblike Creature

16,525 Points
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Battle: Cleric 100
Sid Chastity
Is anyone else really suspicious of the Blue Fairy? I find that it'd weird she helped Baelfire. Baelfire hears the story of the fairy from his friend, Morraine. Morraine was drafted into a war at age 14. I'm sure she prayed for her life several times, but no fairy saved her. What about the other kids that were forced into war? So why, out of everyone, did Blue answer Baelfire's call?

She never really tells says "magic comes with a price" like Rumpelstiltskin either, despite the fact that we see this holds true even when it comes to fairy magic. You can't just wish for something without consequences. Rumpel tells Cinderella as much when she was about to make a wish with her fairy godmother. Bae also asks her how he can trust her and she says she's on the right side or something, but I don't think that necessarily means she's good. I get the feeling she's the type of person that things the end justify the means.

When Belle kisses Rumpel, the spell was breaking. It's True Love's kiss and all that. But Emma broke the curse with Henry and that wasn't romantic love. So why didn't the fairy suggest Bae try True Love's kiss with his father? It seems like they do love each other very much. In fact, Bae is what Rumpel loves the most, even more than Belle. But the fairy didn't even suggest he try.

Then the fairy doesn't help Rumpel find his son and is so darn smug about it too. She thinks he'll never be able to get to the same world. She's also smug in Storybrook. After Rumpel sees her have a conversation with August, she says things in a deceiving way to give Rumpel the wrong impression that August is Bae. Did she remember her former life then? Before the curse was broken.

We've seen people get to this world besides using the magic bean that Bae used. Jefferson's or the wardrobe for instance. Plus, Blue says that was her last bean, implying there had been more before. If she just wanted to get rid of Rumpel, she could have lied and send him to another world or helped him get to our world.

So it makes me think Bae might have a special significance. Maybe the important thing was getting rid of Bae or separating him from his father. There are some interesting theories going around about Bae right now, especially because of the meaning of his name.

Also, the Blue Fairy sabotaged Dreamy and Nova's relationship. You could say she did it for Nova's best interest...or not. She was pretty mean to Nova at first and basically acted like she thought Nova was stupid. When Nova said she hoped to be a fairy god mother, Blue was dismissive of her. Yet when Blue talks to Dreamy, she makes it seem that Dreamy is keeping Nova from something great. Nova was also completely willing to go with Dreamy and Blue didn't even talk to her first about what she wanted for herself.

Blue has also proven to be a liar. She tells Snow only one person can go through the wardrobe after she was blackmailed by Geppetto. This shows she can lie. Sure she was coerced, but this just proves she has the capacity to lie. We don't know she hasn't lied for other reasons before either. Anyway, that was a mini rant.

I totally agree about Blue. I've been suspicious of her from the start.
She's definitely got a dark side, as seen with Nova.
But I guess we can only wait to see if our suspicions are correct.

puramuu's Senpai

13,975 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Forum Junior 100
Sapsorrow Grimm

I totally agree about Blue. I've been suspicious of her from the start.
She's definitely got a dark side, as seen with Nova.
But I guess we can only wait to see if our suspicions are correct.

She acted like Nova was a total moron and even laughed at her. But then Blue tells Dreamy that he's holding her back and she'd be great. I was like, "You lie!" She never even asks people what they want. She also didn't really give Bae what he wanted. I don't think Bae really wanted to leave his home, he just didn't want his father to be cursed anymore. But she didn't give him alternatives to helping Rumpel at all. She seemed a little too eager to be rid of him if you ask me.

4,100 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
I didn't know Once Upon A Time started again... I've been watching Kdramas! Omo! I need to watch the new season.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff