Welcome to Gaia! ::

Eloquent Streaker

Lil Enslaved Kitten
my main issue here is that i think the law needs to be rewritten and the looked over again. i think that someone in the medical feild should be able to keep their religious views and say i'm sorry i can't do that but they should have to refer the woman to a doctor that can help them.
Except for the part where they deny an abortion to a woman even though trying to carry the baby to term will kill her, because they're "fundamentally opposed" to abortion.

Religion should be kept out of modern medicine. The two are incompatible with one another.
Neko_Bast
Personally, I think that religious rights should be upheld. On the other hand, I think that women should be able to get those medical procedures if they want them.

Was someone violating them? I didn't see that.

Lady Kin

Religion should be kept out of it. Just because a medical professional doesn't personally agree to it, since it's their job, they have to do it. If a restaurant refused to serve someone because they were gay or a different religion, that wouldn't be acceptable. Nobody agrees with or likes 100% of their customers.

Destructive Detective

19,200 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
Vanilla-Parfait
Religion should be kept out of it. Just because a medical professional doesn't personally agree to it, since it's their job, they have to do it. If a restaurant refused to serve someone because they were gay or a different religion, that wouldn't be acceptable. Nobody agrees with or likes 100% of their customers.
Did you notice that no definition was given of what constitutes a "medical professional"? Are you aware that many doctors specialize in certain fields? By your logic, a plastic surgeon or dermatologist must perform an abortion if her patient requests it, because, after all, they ARE medical professionals by any definition of the term. No one in the medical field should ever be forced to perform an elective procedure if they do not wish to. I believe they should be required to refer the patient to a doctor who will perform the operation, but that is all.

Restaurants can refuse service to anyone. They are under no obligation to have customers they do not want.
Religion should not be involved in the medical field at all and should not be used as leverage to oppose a woman's right to her own sexual health. Its bullshit in every form. As a medical practitioner in any form, an oath is taken to ensure that you are going to serve your patients to the best of your ability. If something is so grossly against your morals you have the right to hand it off to someone who will do that but the fact that even something as harmless as birth control is taking the spot light as a taboo in both the political and medical field is just asinine. There are so many different things being thrown at a woman's right to take care of her sexual health right now that goes beyond just this story. In my opinion, its no ones business what a woman is doing with her private sexual life since really it has no affect on your own personal life. I'm just sick of the extreme radical conservatism that is popping up this election year; it doesn't even make a lick of sense anymore.
Democracy is one of the best systems when sensibility is one of the final resorts.
Lil Enslaved Kitten
my main issue here is that i think the law needs to be rewritten and the looked over again. i think that someone in the medical feild should be able to keep their religious views and say i'm sorry i can't do that but they should have to refer the woman to a doctor that can help them.
i agree with this.

i don't think anyone should be forced to give a woman an abortion if it is against their religious beliefs. if a doctor doesn't believe in abortion i doubt they'd work in a place that does such anyhow. if it's a life-threatening pregnancy i can see that, but i imagine there are plenty of doctors who are not opposed to abortion that would be available to perform it.

i also don't think an official or church should be forced to provide marriage to gays, but i do believe that officials and churches who do not oppose gay marriage should have the right to perform them.

church and state should be kept apart.

Wheezing Prophet

7,350 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
tererun the horrifying
Women have many solutions they have to start pushing. One is to get the ******** out of states that do this sort of thing. get a ******** job and start paying for yourself. Start getting divorces from disgusting women hating republicans and christians.

The women are half or more of the state and they vote against themselves. Women who want rights for themselves should realize the red states are pretty much the Iran of the christian world. make the effort to get the hell; out, and if you really want to ******** republicans move in large numbers to swing voting states and make sure you vote democrat.

I would like to say that rational arguments and intelligence are going to prevail, but not in states that embrace ignorance as their religion. the women in those states are just baby machines, and because a lot of them hate themselves and feel that as women they do not have the rights or intelligence of men you will never get rid of the crap. If that is not what you want to be then get out.

once a state is a sausage fest with a few female sex slaves that is when you will see the men start coming around. they will either be forced to respect women, or they will start going after the farm animals.
Slightly irrelevent, but it is ineresting that the wives of the GOP and tea party tend to be pro-choice and pro-woman while their husbands tend to be anti-choice and andti-woman.
Omorose Panya
Slightly irrelevent, but it is ineresting that the wives of the GOP and tea party tend to be pro-choice and pro-woman while their husbands tend to be anti-choice and andti-woman.
Sounds like an insurrection / subversion conspiracy.

Wheezing Prophet

7,350 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Brandan J Cromartie
Omorose Panya
Yeah, it's totally weird.

I think the men kidnapped their women and repeatedly raped them. Penises and all that.
Omorose Panya
Brandan J Cromartie
Omorose Panya

I think the men kidnapped their women and repeatedly raped them. Penises and all that.
Oh. This is where I back away slowly. Nice talking to you.

Wheezing Prophet

7,350 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Brandan J Cromartie
Omorose Panya
Brandan J Cromartie
Omorose Panya

You can't escape me. Sorry.
Omorose Panya
Brandan J Cromartie
Omorose Panya
Brandan J Cromartie
Omorose Panya

You can't escape me. Sorry.
crying Rape? With vaginas and all that? Is it coming?

Wheezing Prophet

7,350 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
tererun the horrifying
Omorose Panya
tererun the horrifying
Women have many solutions they have to start pushing. One is to get the ******** out of states that do this sort of thing. get a ******** job and start paying for yourself. Start getting divorces from disgusting women hating republicans and christians.

The women are half or more of the state and they vote against themselves. Women who want rights for themselves should realize the red states are pretty much the Iran of the christian world. make the effort to get the hell; out, and if you really want to ******** republicans move in large numbers to swing voting states and make sure you vote democrat.

I would like to say that rational arguments and intelligence are going to prevail, but not in states that embrace ignorance as their religion. the women in those states are just baby machines, and because a lot of them hate themselves and feel that as women they do not have the rights or intelligence of men you will never get rid of the crap. If that is not what you want to be then get out.

once a state is a sausage fest with a few female sex slaves that is when you will see the men start coming around. they will either be forced to respect women, or they will start going after the farm animals.

they are not pro-woman. If they were pro-woman they would make sure their choices remained. They would make sure they got paid fairly in case them or their daughters did not have a man, or were getting pushed around by one. they would make sure they did not pay more for their health care, and that they would not be treated like second rate people and have their doctors be allowed to lie to them, or not prescribe them needed medicines. they certainly would not allow a panel of all men with no medical background or even scientific knowledge govern their medicine.

instead republican women vote for these people and listen to them. They rely on the left to save things if they get too out of hand. they should scare the ******** out of them and get some sort of right wing infiltrator to write some bills threatening to remove their ability to vote, be employed, and to go down the road of iranian women's rights.
I mean the wives of the candidates, not republican and tea party women in general. Should've clarified. But, yeah, I could narrow it to pro-choice.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff