Welcome to Gaia! ::

Unholy Abomination

22,350 Points
  • Sunny Side Up 100
  • Abomination 100
  • Conventioneer 300
The Daario Naharis
Hawanja

When you have to put a qualifier like "but" in order to soften your statement, that means you are in fact expressing the exact opposite. Judging people based on how much weight they carry is "treating someone like s**t" in my book. It's like saying "I'm not racist, but..." If you have to put the ******** "but" there then you're guilty of the thing you're trying to avoid. OP is being highly disingenuous. It's called "the stolen concept" fallacy, a way of saying something potentially offensive in a way that's perceived to not be offensive. It's stupid bullshit, and I'm not buying it.

No. What's bullshit is you accusing OP of doing exactly what he says not to do and throwing around more bullshit to cover your a** when it's pointed out to you, dipshit.

Using qualifiers and fallacies in one's statement is not "more bullshit." It is valid to accuse him of doing what he says not to do, because he is doing what he says not to do. Why? Because he used the ******** stolen concept fallacy, that's why. I sense from your "stupid bullshit" line that this is going over your head. I'll explain it to you, one more time.

The stolen concept is when someone constructs a statement like this:

I don't mean to be X, but Y

Examples:

I don't mean to be a d**k, but [d**k statement]

I don't mean to be racist, but [racist statement]

I don't mean to be rude, but [rude statement.]

It's a way of softening what you know will be an offensive statement, to make it look more acceptable.

So when OP posts this stupid s**t:

Quote:

That's not to say treat them like s**t. But don't expect me to act like being fat is ok because that's just so unhealthy.

He is in fact admitting to us all that he's treating fat people like s**t. The rest of his post is him coming to us trying to get support for his bigotry. ******** that s**t.

If you don't get it this time, then I can't help you.

Quote:
Quote:
First off I don't know what the ******** "Thin Privilege Tumblr Activism" is supposed to be.

It's a gaggle of idiots like you. People who view a dog not playing with them as discrimination.

You should look it up. I'm sure you'd fit right in.

Wait, you were too lazy to fully read OP, so I will have to assume you are also too lazy to look it up. Let me make it easy for you.

http://thisisthinprivilege.tumblr.com/

There you go.

Okay. Let me rephrase:

I DON'T GIVE A ******** WHAT THIN PRIVILEGE TUMBLR ACTIVISIM IS.

I don't care about your dumbshit crusade against internet fat people activism. I've never even heard of them, I don't even use Tumblr. I merely commented on OP's pathetic, fallacious post where he's begging for approval for his bigotry. You brought up this stupid tumblr s**t, not me.

Now, if you want my opinion on this tumblr group - which you clearly do, because you keep ******** bringing them up - I say more power to them, and that you're an a*****e, and this whole thread is about you dipshits expressing your pathetic butthurt that you're not allowed to make fun of fat people any more. I'm happy these people are standing up for themselves.

Quote:
Quote:
Secondly, this is not about me, or what I think on a personal level.

Oh but it is. I'm responding to your stupid ******** post,

Nobody put a gun to your head and forced you to respond to me, you idiotic douchebag. You don't like it, then ******** you very much, and move your a** along please.

Quote:
Quote:
But I am correct, you will get old. And when you get old, you're going to gain weight. Then you'll know how it feels.

Know how what feels? Being an idiot? Because that's what I'm going after you for. You can live in your delusional la la land all you'd like, that isn't going to change s**t.

I like how you call me an idiot, but you're too stupid to figure out the logical fallacies in your own argument. It's called "critical thinking," you should learn about it.

Quote:

Coming from Mr. "You *dared* to call me an idiot. Clearly you hold every belief I find disagreeable and I can attack you on those grounds."

Irony abounds.

What the ******** are you even talking about? Please quote to me where, exactly, I said anything like this in either of my two posts. You're ******** delusional.

Quote:
Quote:
Btw, blow me.

Sorry. I only engage in sex acts with people I find intellectually stimulating. You are not such an individual. You'll have to be content with ******** yourself.

You can still blow me.
Yoshpet
It just seems polite not to discuss what you consider unattractive about a person in front of them. Are manners beyond you?
Well said.
Hawanja

Using qualifiers and fallacies in one's statement is not "more bullshit." It is valid to accuse him of doing what he says not to do, because he is doing what he says not to do. Why? Because he used the ******** stolen concept fallacy, that's why. I sense from your "stupid bullshit" line that this is going over your head. I'll explain it to you, one more time.

Examples:

It's a way of softening what you know will be an offensive statement, to make it look more acceptable.

Which would apply were his statement offensive.

I'm sorry, but "Don't expect me to act as though being overweight is a good thing." isn't offensive. Not in the minds of anybody but asshats such as yourself.

Quote:
He is in fact admitting to us all that he's treating fat people like s**t. The rest of his post is him coming to us trying to get support for his bigotry. ******** that s**t.

No. He's not. He's saying that he personally isn't going to act as though being overweight is a good thing.

This is not "bigotry" anywhere but in the dellusion riddled mind of charming individuals such as yourself.

Quote:

Okay. Let me rephrase:

I DON'T GIVE A ******** WHAT THIN PRIVILEGE TUMBLR ACTIVISIM IS.

Oh? That's a damned shame. You'd fit right in.

Quote:
I don't care about your dumbshit crusade against internet fat people activism.

I don't think you fully grasp the meaning of the term crusade.

Quote:
cru·sade (kro̅o̅-sād′)
n.
1. often Crusade Any of the military expeditions undertaken by European Christians in the 11th, 12th, and 13th centuries to recover the Holy Land from the Muslims.
2. A holy war undertaken with papal sanction.
3. A vigorous concerted movement for a cause or against an abuse. See Synonyms at campaign.
intr.v. cru·sad·ed, cru·sad·ing, cru·sades
To engage in a crusade.

Viewing a group of people as idiots and holding an individual such as yourself as similar to them hardly qualifies as a Crusade.

But if we consider...

Quote:
Sorry, but when you say "Being fat is not ok," then that is you being an a*****e.

...I can only imagine what your qualifier for a "Crusade is."

Quote:
I say more power to them,

Yes. This isn't a surprise. Perhaps you missed all my statements to the effect of "You'd fit right in."

I'm sure you are the sort who would view a dog not playing with a person as the dog discriminating against them.

Quote:
Nobody put a gun to your head and forced you to respond to me, you idiotic douchebag. You don't like it, then ******** you very much, and move your a** along please.

I was unaware that one needs a gun to their head in order to call someone an idiot.

Nobody held a gun to your head and forced you to grace the thread with your insanity, but here we are.

Quote:
It's called "critical thinking," you should learn about it.

Please see all of the above and all my previous posts in regard to your statement to thoroughly comprehend the irony in that.

Please also see the following for the same purpose.

Quote:
What the ******** are you even talking about? Please quote to me where, exactly, I said anything like this in either of my two posts. You're ******** delusional.

Quote:
What's nice is that one day, you're going to experience this for yourself.

Quote:
But I am correct, you will get old. And when you get old, you're going to gain weight. Then you'll know how it feels.

So, are you just losing track of your own posts? I get that you didn't read OP, but try to at least read what you yourself are saying before you post it.

Unless "Experience this for yourself" and "Then you'll know how it feels." does, in fact, refer to being an idiot. Which I doubt considering....

Quote:
you're going to gain weight.

Quote:
You can still blow me.

That's the best you can do? Disappointing. If you're not going to try, don't even bother posting.

Unholy Abomination

22,350 Points
  • Sunny Side Up 100
  • Abomination 100
  • Conventioneer 300
The Daario Naharis
Quote:

Examples:

I'm sorry, but "Don't expect me to act as though being overweight is a good thing." isn't offensive. Not in the minds of anybody but asshats such as yourself.

First off, what you think is and isn't offensive is irrelevant. I give a ******** what you think.

Secondly, OP knows it's offensive also. That's why he tried to soften the blow, and ended up betraying himself with the Stolen Concept fallacy.

The Daario Naharis
No. He's not. He's saying that he personally isn't going to act as though being overweight is a good thing.

This is not "bigotry" anywhere but in the dellusion riddled mind of charming individuals such as yourself.

Bullshit, He's coming here asking for our approval for his bigoted views. He came here expecting people to back him up. He thinks he's got it all worked out with his stupid a** non-logic so much so that he thinks no one can possibly disagree with him, but he's too chickenshit to straight out say "I think fat people are stupid because they're fat." He knows what he's saying is going to piss some people off, that's why he put the qualifier on the statement to begin with.

In short, OP is a coward, and so are you - but we'll come to that later.

The Daario Naharis

I fit my p***s inside your mom last night.

The Daario Naharis

Quote:
cru·sade (kro̅o̅-sād′)
n.
1. often Crusade Any of the military expeditions undertaken by European Christians in the 11th, 12th, and 13th centuries to recover the Holy Land from the Muslims.
3. A vigorous concerted movement for a cause or against an abuse. See Synonyms at campaign.
To engage in a crusade.

Viewing a group of people as idiots and holding an individual such as yourself as similar to them hardly qualifies as a Crusade.

But if we consider...

I don't think you've ever heard of the term Joananism, have you?

Hawanja - after I got done ******** your mom last night

Jonanism - Jonanism is the logical fallacy of believing that everyone you hate is the same

You're making this too easy, son.

The Daario Naharis

Seeing how I didn't make a qualifying statement, I now believe that you really, truly, honestly don't know what we're talking about. You've demonstrated a total lack of understanding regarding this entire conversation.

I know what it is - you're not used to people actually having a step up on you, are you son? Welp, judging from this performance, you better get used to it.

Quote:
Yes. This isn't a surprise. Perhaps you missed all my statements to the effect of "You'd fit right in."

I'm sure you are the sort who would view a dog not playing with a person as the dog discriminating against them.

Oh, you mean that statement that you made, just right now, in this comment I'm responding to? Yeah, I guess I missed that, when I was replying to your comment you made before that.

Dumbass.

But regardless, yes I do agree with them. I usually support marginalized people when they stand up to bullies, like OP and you. Because ******** you people.

Quote:
I was unaware that one needs a gun to their head in order to call someone an idiot.

Nobody held a gun to your head and forced you to grace the thread with your insanity, but here we are.

I was unaware that I needed your ******** permission to comment on a thread. I am going to do what I want, when I want, and if you don't like it then you can kiss my big, hairy, flabby buttcheeks. You don't like what I got to say, then how about you NOT ******** READ IT.

Quote:

Please see all of the above and all my previous posts in regard to your statement to thoroughly comprehend the irony in that.

All I see is you calling me stupid, but then you not understanding the basic logical flaw in your own argument, then you committing another logical fallacy in the very same post when you're trying to explain your stupidity. It's not my fault you're simply not intelligent enough to see how you're wrong.

Quote:

So, are you just losing track of your own posts? I get that you didn't read OP, but try to at least read what you yourself are saying before you post it.

Unless "Experience this for yourself" and "Then you'll know how it feels." does, in fact, refer to being an idiot. Which I doubt considering....

I told you to post for me, EXACTLY, what I said that was anything like this in my other two posts. If you can't do that, then gtfo.

The Daario Naharis

That's the best you can do? Disappointing. If you're not going to try, don't even bother posting.

Wow. You said this, then you BLOCKED ME, SO THAT I CAN'T SEE YOUR POST. Was that your plan? To make it look like I chickened out? To make it look like you stumped me with your super smarty non-argument? Are you so ******** butthurt because you got your a** handed to you on a silver platter with all the trimmings that you're resorting to deception to save face? Looks like your stupid plan didn't work out so well, did it? You disingenuous, lying, doublefaced, bottomfeeding sack of s**t. You're a ******** coward.

To the rest of you on this thread who may read this in the future: If I don't respond to this, it's because this sack of s**t blocked me, to try and prevent me from responding. But he's so ******** dumb he doesn't realize it still sends you a message when you quote someone.

That's because he's stupid.
Hawanja
The Daario Naharis
Quote:

Examples:

First off, what you think is and isn't offensive is irrelevant. I give a ******** what you think.

Secondly, OP knows it's offensive also. That's why he tried to soften the blow, and ended up betraying himself with the Stolen Concept fallacy.

The Daario Naharis

Bullshit, He's coming here asking for our approval for his bigoted views. He came here expecting people to back him up. He thinks he's got it all worked out with his stupid a** non-logic so much so that he thinks no one can possibly disagree with him, but he's too chickenshit to straight out say "I think fat people are stupid because they're fat." He knows what he's saying is going to piss some people off, that's why he put the qualifier on the statement to begin with.

In short, OP is a coward, and so are you - but we'll come to that later.

The Daario Naharis

I fit my p***s inside your mom last night.

The Daario Naharis

Quote:
cru·sade (kro̅o̅-sād′)
n.
To engage in a crusade.

But if we consider...

I don't think you've ever heard of the term Joananism, have you?

Hawanja - after I got done ******** your mom last night

Jonanism - Jonanism is the logical fallacy of believing that everyone you hate is the same

You're making this too easy, son.

The Daario Naharis

Seeing how I didn't make a qualifying statement, I now believe that you really, truly, honestly don't know what we're talking about. You've demonstrated a total lack of understanding regarding this entire conversation.

I know what it is - you're not used to people actually having a step up on you, are you son? Welp, judging from this performance, you better get used to it.

Quote:

Oh, you mean that statement that you made, just right now, in this comment I'm responding to? Yeah, I guess I missed that, when I was replying to your comment you made before that.

Dumbass.

But regardless, yes I do agree with them. I usually support marginalized people when they stand up to bullies, like OP and you. Because ******** you people.

Quote:

I was unaware that I needed your ******** permission to comment on a thread. I am going to do what I want, when I want, and if you don't like it then you can kiss my big, hairy, flabby buttcheeks. You don't like what I got to say, then how about you NOT ******** READ IT.

Quote:

All I see is you calling me stupid, but then you not understanding the basic logical flaw in your own argument, then you committing another logical fallacy in the very same post when you're trying to explain your stupidity. It's not my fault you're simply not intelligent enough to see how you're wrong.

Quote:

I told you to post for me, EXACTLY, what I said that was anything like this in my other two posts. If you can't do that, then gtfo.

The Daario Naharis

Wow. You said this, then you BLOCKED ME, SO THAT I CAN'T SEE YOUR POST. Was that your plan? To make it look like I chickened out? To make it look like you stumped me with your super smarty non-argument? Are you so ******** butthurt because you got your a** handed to you on a silver platter with all the trimmings that you're resorting to deception to save face? Looks like your stupid plan didn't work out so well, did it? You disingenuous, lying, doublefaced, bottomfeeding sack of s**t. You're a ******** coward.

To the rest of you on this thread who may read this in the future: If I don't respond to this, it's because this sack of s**t blocked me, to try and prevent me from responding. But he's so ******** dumb he doesn't realize it still sends you a message when you quote someone.

That's because he's stupid.

Ok for one, why would you go out of your way to call me a bigiot while your arguing with someone else?
Secondly, I know people will be offended by it but really I dont think they should be. If I told you having cancer is bad for your health would you think it's offensive? Hopefully not, you would see it as facts. So why then do people get offended when told being fat is bad for your health? Because the majority of the time it's their fault for poor diet and lack of exersize, otherwise you would be able to say that since you work out and eat right it's just how you are. Beleive it or not, I am aware that other things can factor into weight, and I don't hate fat people because that's just plain out dumb. I mean I know people bigger then me that are fitter and eat better too. But I just don't see that as being the majority of cases. So please don't ask me to be accepting of unhealthy lifestyles. Smoking is unhealthy and neglecting your body to the point of obesity is unhealthy, I will accept neither.

I did not make this topic to have people agree with me, and it's pretty obvious most people don't. I would just like people to understand my point of view on the matter, and if someone can give me a logical arguement as to why my thoughts are wrong I would love to see it, I'm not against changing my views if given a good reason to.

Unholy Abomination

22,350 Points
  • Sunny Side Up 100
  • Abomination 100
  • Conventioneer 300
lettuce pray

Ok for one, why would you go out of your way to call me a bigiot while your arguing with someone else?
Secondly, I know people will be offended by it but really I dont think they should be. If I told you having cancer is bad for your health would you think it's offensive? Hopefully not, you would see it as facts. So why then do people get offended when told being fat is bad for your health? Because the majority of the time it's their fault for poor diet and lack of exersize, otherwise you would be able to say that since you work out and eat right it's just how you are. Beleive it or not, I am aware that other things can factor into weight, and I don't hate fat people because that's just plain out dumb. I mean I know people bigger then me that are fitter and eat better too. But I just don't see that as being the majority of cases. So please don't ask me to be accepting of unhealthy lifestyles. Smoking is unhealthy and neglecting your body to the point of obesity is unhealthy, I will accept neither.

I did not make this topic to have people agree with me, and it's pretty obvious most people don't. I would just like people to understand my point of view on the matter, and if someone can give me a logical arguement as to why my thoughts are wrong I would love to see it, I'm not against changing my views if given a good reason to.

Well, I certainly don't think you're a bad person. Please ignore the big pissing match I got into with your bigoted supporter here.

But anyway, I'm afraid I simply don't agree. I support these people, because they're empowering a group that does face a lot of discrimination.
Hawanja
lettuce pray

Well, I certainly don't think you're a bad person. Please ignore the big pissing match I got into with your bigoted supporter here.

But anyway, I'm afraid I simply don't agree. I support these people, because they're empowering a group that does face a lot of discrimination.

But don't you think there wouldn't be discrimination if they took care of themself? I mean things like race and sex should not be discriminated against, because none of that was choice. But being fat or not is usually a direct result of the condition that you keep your body in (again not counting the situations where it's not)

Unholy Abomination

22,350 Points
  • Sunny Side Up 100
  • Abomination 100
  • Conventioneer 300
lettuce pray
Hawanja
lettuce pray

But don't you think there wouldn't be discrimination if they took care of themself? I mean things like race and sex should not be discriminated against, because none of that was choice. But being fat or not is usually a direct result of the condition that you keep your body in (again not counting the situations where it's not)

Well, it's not up to anyone else, to determine how well someone should take care of themselves, correct? It's none of my business if someone eats themselves to obesity.

So why should I treat such a person differently than anyone else? Just because it's my personal belief that what they do is wrong, who am I to judge? I really see no difference between this and discrimination based on any other behavior.
Hawanja
lettuce pray
Hawanja
lettuce pray

Well, it's not up to anyone else, to determine how well someone should take care of themselves, correct? It's none of my business if someone eats themselves to obesity.

So why should I treat such a person differently than anyone else? Just because it's my personal belief that what they do is wrong, who am I to judge? I really see no difference between this and discrimination based on any other behavior.

Good point actually

Fanatical Zealot

lettuce pray
Hawanja
lettuce pray

Let's say a person does choose to be fat, or does choose to die their hair blonde or red, or does choose to wear a silly looking outfit.

Is it okay to discriminate then? If they aren't hurting other people what's the justification for the discrimination?
Suicidesoldier#1
lettuce pray
Hawanja
lettuce pray

Let's say a person does choose to be fat, or does choose to die their hair blonde or red, or does choose to wear a silly looking outfit.

Is it okay to discriminate then? If they aren't hurting other people what's the justification for the discrimination?

If you look above you'll see that I agreed. See, that's why I post these things. I like when people point out that some stuff I say is dumb, can you imagine if I had lived the rest of my life holding my opinion and never considering that? I mean my original point still stands but still, just more to keep in mind.

Fanatical Zealot

lettuce pray
Suicidesoldier#1
lettuce pray
Hawanja
lettuce pray

If you look above you'll see that I agreed. See, that's why I post these things. I like when people point out that some stuff I say is dumb, can you imagine if I had lived the rest of my life holding my opinion and never considering that? I mean my original point still stands but still, just more to keep in mind.

Exactly. ninja

Knowledge is power! blaugh

Unholy Abomination

22,350 Points
  • Sunny Side Up 100
  • Abomination 100
  • Conventioneer 300
Suicidesoldier#1

The word "discriminate" takes on a different meaning in the context you're speaking of. If for the very unlikely reason someone actually did want to be grossly overweight - like maybe, they were going for the world record, or something, then yes, it would be ok to "discriminate" against them, for their poor decision making.

But in this situation, "discriminate" doesn't mean the same thing as it does when one holds a bigoted view towards people of a certain body type.
It's fat phobic to judge others based on being overweight. The fact that you care so much that you'd make a thread to point out that you judge others weight says a lot about you. It's not your body, leave it to them to decide for themselves what to do with their body. If they want to be unhealthy and overweight, how does that affect you? It doesn't. Live your life and chill out, stop caring about people's weight and especially stop acting like you know what's best for their health. And before I get idiots quoting me telling me fat phobia isn't real, check again.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff