Welcome to Gaia! ::

Greedy Consumer

Suicidesoldier#1
Quote:
Can anyone say they honestly don't judge people who don't take care or their bodies?

That's not to say treat them like s**t. But don't expect me to act like being fat is ok because that's just so unhealthy.

1. Yes

2. There's not a lot of absolute proof proving that it's unhealthy. And yes, here comes the storm. xp

I imagine that since you try to justify your attitude on factors of health instead of societal shame, you're against most forms of drugs, including cigarettes, and you also eat perfectly and have ripped six pack abs yourself?
my my my my myyyy
Tons of biases and incorrect claims. Belly fat is directly related to aging and increases risks for diseases such as heart disease diabetes and more. So, well, depends on how one defines fat. But honestly, you must be fat to argue such a position so biased, or you just have a habit of denying everything like the conspiracy theorist you are.

Greedy Consumer

xMalaresian Queenx
What about skinny people who overeat and guzzle sodas? Nobody complains about them,
They probably exercise, such as that Japanese dude I saw on tv before could have massive bowls of ramen and drink the broth, and he runs alot, turns out he has a stomach 3x the normal size.

Savage Fairy

13,250 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
Yoshpet
I AM R U
I don't really know how this falls into the issue, but with both smokers and people who are over weight, some people simply do not care and refuse to even consider the broader impact their health and unhealthy behaviours can impact on others (both in society and their families etc)...

I understand how something like second-hand smoke might present a risk to others, but obesity seems like more of an individual problem. I have a lot of obese family members but I can't think of any way it really detracts from the quality of my life. I suppose I worry about my parents' longevity sometimes, but I'm not sure expressing my concern about it would be helpful to them.

There are the issues with health care costs etc associated with illness that is avoidable, and with the influence they can have over children in their care (adults have a choice about what they eat and the exercise they engage in, but children rely on adults to provide healthy food and encourage activity), and the health risks obesity posses to having children in the first place... That's just off the top of my head.
You're technically allowed to judge whoever the hell you want for whatever reason you want. Saying you think fat people are disgusting is like saying yellow is an ugly color or boys aren't sexually attractive. It's nothing more than your own personal opinion.
Do you need to be vocal about these opinions? Not necessarily and in most cases you probably shouldn't, since it can lead to the person being judged feeling like crap (though not so much in the example of hating a color). You might care about their own feelings, but that doesn't really excuse being a d**k about something that is difficult for them to change.

Fanatical Zealot

No-Mi-Jutsu-Yu
Suicidesoldier#1
Quote:
Can anyone say they honestly don't judge people who don't take care or their bodies?

That's not to say treat them like s**t. But don't expect me to act like being fat is ok because that's just so unhealthy.

1. Yes

2. There's not a lot of absolute proof proving that it's unhealthy. And yes, here comes the storm. xp

I imagine that since you try to justify your attitude on factors of health instead of societal shame, you're against most forms of drugs, including cigarettes, and you also eat perfectly and have ripped six pack abs yourself?
my my my my myyyy
Tons of biases and incorrect claims. Belly fat is directly related to aging and increases risks for diseases such as heart disease diabetes and more. So, well, depends on how one defines fat. But honestly, you must be fat to argue such a position so biased, or you just have a habit of denying everything like the conspiracy theorist you are.

wut

Where is this proof?

Also I'm pretty far from fat; I'm not only fit but like, I'm fairly athletic, and can run a mile in under 6 minute and bench press like, over 300 pounds.

I have a six pack but, that comes with the trade. xp
Pitch White Knight
I totally disagree.

Does that make me an a*****e? I don't think so. Can anyone say they honestly don't judge people who don't take care or their bodies?

And don't go and say it's genetics, because most cases i promise it's not. If they eat healthy and work out and are still bigger that's different. But in most cases that's not what going on.

So personally I think it's pretty reasonable to judge people for not taking basic care of their body.
Uhhh genetics play a HUGE role in weight gain/loss.

I eat the shittiest, unhealthiest foods ever and never go above 120lbs max. I usually gravitate between 110-115, without trying. (5'4" wink

It's just my natural body type.

My sister has actively tried to GAIN weight (she's always under 110lbs, and 5'8" wink and she struggles with it, because again our bodies just work that way.

I will however, agree with you when it comes to morbidly obese people. There are SOME obese people, where simply by looking at them, it's side effect of a medical problem. (Ballooned fat etc. from diabetes etc.)

But the majority of morbidly obese people got that way simply by never stopping to breathe between mouthfuls of food.

Dangerous Businessman

Suicidesoldier#1
Where is this proof?

National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute

Personally, I don't judge overweight people simply because they are overweight (to each his own). However, if circumstances were different (say we were in a life/death situation where fitness was of paramount importance)... They might get a staredown. >.>

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Fanatical Zealot

King Halloween
Suicidesoldier#1
Where is this proof?

National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute

Personally, I don't judge overweight people simply because they are overweight (to each his own). However, if circumstances were different (say we were in a life/death situation where fitness was of paramount importance)... They might get a staredown. >.>

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Thanks for a source! blaugh

Unfortunately your source has no source D:

Strangely enough, the chance of death by these diseases is actually significantly lower for those who are Obese.

As well, the rate of contracting the disease is slightly lower, in statistics, but it's marginal.

Although they've been linked as causes for the morbidly obese, the rate of contracting the disease are strangely lower.

Which brings up the question of whether or not extreme obesity is the cause, just as how extreme anorexia will also damage the heart and other organs.
So I'm assuming you're a pinnacle of human health with a perfectly sculpted body?
While you're certainly entitled to your opinion on any matter, really, you're also directly entitled to the consequences of expressing that opinion. Namely the hate.

I'll agree that most obese people definitely aren't helping themselves. I used to be chubby. At my worst I weighed in at 240lbs. I lost about 50lbs since, but it's a hell of a chore. Is it metabolism? Genetics? I don't know, and frankly I don't care, I feel like I'd just be trying to find reasons for giving up if I bothered dwelling on it.

The fact remains that for whatever reason, I don't burn off as much of the food I eat as some people do. I suppose it's all a question of willpower from there. Does my desire to remain healthy outweight my love for food?

It does, but I need to constantly remind myself just how awesome my body is for putting up with the abuse I've put it through in the past, and how it deserves more respect than what I've given it.

Lonely Millionaire

7,600 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
I work at a 21 and over movie theater/restaurant. I judge most heavily on the people that complain that the tables are too small. Your fat a** is too big!!!

Tipsy Smoker

I like big butts and I cannot lie...

Friendly Friend

5,650 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
Is it even possible to not to? lol sweatdrop
Not judging Fat people is really just a matter of not being an a*****e.

That said, I'm not convinced by recent movements to have society accommodate to fat people as if we should just accept that that is going to be the societal norm and that it's OK.

And I mean, obviously there are people with actual genetic and medical conditions, but by the way the internet tells it it sounds more like 99% of obese people as opposed to 1%.

Also, in comparisons I've had with with several people, my judgement of what counts as unacceptably "fat" is reasonably higher than others.

Unholy Abomination

22,350 Points
  • Sunny Side Up 100
  • Abomination 100
  • Conventioneer 300
Pitch White Knight
I totally disagree.

Does that make me an a*****e? I don't think so. Can anyone say they honestly don't judge people who don't take care or their bodies?

And don't go and say it's genetics, because most cases i promise it's not. If they eat healthy and work out and are still bigger that's different. But in most cases that's not what going on.

So personally I think it's pretty reasonable to judge people for not taking basic care of their body.

Yeah, it makes you an a*****e.

You may be in marvelous shape now, but that won't last forever. When you get old, then you'll see what it's like to be fat. Then maybe when people start treating you like s**t because of the way you look, you'll remember all those years when you did the same.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff