22,350 Points
  • Sunny Side Up 100
  • Abomination 100
  • Conventioneer 300
The Daario Naharis
Hawanja
Pitch White Knight
I totally disagree.

Does that make me an a*****e? I don't think so. Can anyone say they honestly don't judge people who don't take care or their bodies?

That's not to say treat them like s**t. But don't expect me to act like being fat is ok because that's just so unhealthy.

And don't go and say it's genetics, because most cases i promise it's not. If they eat healthy and work out and are still bigger that's different. But in most cases that's not what going on.

So personally I think it's pretty reasonable to judge people for not taking basic care of their body.

Yeah, it makes you an a*****e.

You may be in marvelous shape now, but that won't last forever. When you get old, then you'll see what it's like to be fat. Then maybe when people start treating you like s**t because of the way you look, you'll remember all those years when you did the same.

Please direct your eyes to the bold parts.

So did you deliberately ignore that part, or just read the first sentence and then post?

Or are you being ironic?

Of course in the brave new world of This Is Thin Privilege, failure to explicitly approve of some trait amounts to treating those who possess it like s**t.

So I suppose you are right in a bizzare 21rst century sci-fi dystopia sort of way.

Sorry, but when you say "Being fat is not ok," then that is you being an a*****e. It's not up to you to decide how someone takes care of themselves. You don't get to dictate to someone how they should live.

You're admitting to us all that you hold a bias against people who you perceive to be overweight, then you're asking us to accept that view. ******** that, I don't accept.

What's nice is that one day, you're going to experience this for yourself.
Hawanja
The Daario Naharis
Hawanja
Pitch White Knight
I totally disagree.

Does that make me an a*****e? I don't think so. Can anyone say they honestly don't judge people who don't take care or their bodies?

That's not to say treat them like s**t. But don't expect me to act like being fat is ok because that's just so unhealthy.

And don't go and say it's genetics, because most cases i promise it's not. If they eat healthy and work out and are still bigger that's different. But in most cases that's not what going on.

So personally I think it's pretty reasonable to judge people for not taking basic care of their body.

Yeah, it makes you an a*****e.

You may be in marvelous shape now, but that won't last forever. When you get old, then you'll see what it's like to be fat. Then maybe when people start treating you like s**t because of the way you look, you'll remember all those years when you did the same.

Please direct your eyes to the bold parts.

So did you deliberately ignore that part, or just read the first sentence and then post?

Or are you being ironic?

Of course in the brave new world of This Is Thin Privilege, failure to explicitly approve of some trait amounts to treating those who possess it like s**t.

So I suppose you are right in a bizzare 21rst century sci-fi dystopia sort of way.

Sorry, but when you say "Being fat is not ok," then that is you being an a*****e. It's not up to you to decide how someone takes care of themselves. You don't get to dictate to someone how they should live.

You're admitting to us all that you hold a bias against people who you perceive to be overweight, then you're asking us to accept that view. ******** that, I don't accept.

Oh no no no. You're not getting off that easy, champ.

Quote:
Then maybe when people start treating you like s**t because of the way you look, you'll remember all those years when you did the same.

Quote:
That's not to say treat them like s**t.

So again, did you just not read OP, are you being ironic? Are you just so dense that you can't notice that he said not to do exactly what you are accusing him of doing?

Quote:
You're admitting to us all that you hold a bias against people who you perceive to be overweight, then you're asking us to accept that view.

Yes. I can see how pointing out that you, on an entirely personal level, which has nothing to do with your body, are being a complete ******** idiot, shows that I have a bias against people I perceive to be overweight.

But hey, in the magical world of This Is Thin Privilege Tumblr Activism, anyone who stands against you is evil fat-shaming anorexic a**-hole, so I'm not surprised by your stupidity.
Quote:

I can only hope that if some day, my mental state has become so stunted that I am angrily attacking OP for doing the exact thing s/he says not to do, some far more intelligent individual will come along and point out how ******** stupid I'm being.

P.S

Quote:
Sorry, but when you say "Being fat is not ok," then that is you being an a*****e.

Go back to This Is Thin Privilege. Your nonsense has no place in intelligent discussion.

Dangerous Browser

Pitch White Knight
I totally disagree.

"People say that you shouldn't judge fat people."

From my understanding you disagree with that because in your eyes it's literally laziness that makes a person fat? I mean you talk of possible health issues and genetics but you still say you disagree and it is just to judge them based on appearance. Does that mean you judge those with the health problems as well?

I'd love it if there was a way we could transfer experiences because I'd love to show you what it's like to grow up with a health related problem causing obesity. I've had to work my butt off so darn hard just to look somewhat normal and even then I'm still considered 'obese'.

So it comes down to the question of is it just to judge?
Personally I think not although it has helped in other areas of life.
Further yet, is it just to judge on appearance?
Well again, areas of life... I don't think weight would do damage in an office environment compared to a modelling career. Then again it comes down to 'looking the part'. Why should we look the part if we can do the job? You might get someone who looks the part but can't play it.

Fashionable Nymph

8,350 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
The saddest thing is that you see overweight people trying to do something about their issue by exercising and if you look around you will find many people staring, laughing, and some even calling out insults.

Sexy Bunny

14,100 Points
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Unbreakable Bond 150
  • Person of Interest 200
Liliahna
The saddest thing is that you see overweight people trying to do something about their issue by exercising and if you look around you will find many people staring, laughing, and some even calling out insults.
Thank you dear for bringing this bit of truth up. It's for this reason that I work out in private. I don't do it to look good, but to be healthy and yet it does not take away the pain of being referred to as a fat and ugly b***h by random douchebag strangers publicly.
Obese people are ******** lazy pigs.

fat.... eh.. not that bad.

Dangerous Browser

Akira Fudoh
Obese people are ******** lazy pigs.

fat.... eh.. not that bad.

Your comment is insulting, have you not bothered to read any of this thread?

Obese means to be overweight. It is calculated through using your height, weight and age. They plot you on a graph and if you're further away from the 'norm'/'acceptable'/healthy line the worse you are. There are 3 lines on this graph as depending on culture and so on, people's eating styles vary and it's not that bad if you are within these lines however being above the top line means you are obese. Being below the bottom means you're underweight. Your weight is not in balance with the expected weight for your height and age.

The problem is peoples understanding of fat and obesity.

Obese is defined as being grossly overweight (according to a google search) and yet that definition itself is an insult. I defined it without being insulting. Simply 'overweight'.

Fat is a substance within the body and yet people use it in a variety of ways to describe weight as well.

This information suggests that being 'fat' and 'obese' is unacceptable and so people frown and look down at people like that. However being fat or obese does not always mean you are lazy.

Unholy Abomination

22,350 Points
  • Sunny Side Up 100
  • Abomination 100
  • Conventioneer 300
The Daario Naharis

Oh no no no. You're not getting off that easy, champ.
Quote:

Quote:
Then maybe when people start treating you like s**t because of the way you look, you'll remember all those years when you did the same.

Quote:
That's not to say treat them like s**t.

So again, did you just not read OP, are you being ironic? Are you just so dense that you can't notice that he said not to do exactly what you are accusing him of doing?

OP posted this, correct?

Quote:

When you have to put a qualifier like "but" in order to soften your statement, that means you are in fact expressing the exact opposite. Judging people based on how much weight they carry is "treating someone like s**t" in my book. It's like saying "I'm not racist, but..." If you have to put the ******** "but" there then you're guilty of the thing you're trying to avoid. OP is being highly disingenuous. It's called "the stolen concept" fallacy, a way of saying something potentially offensive in a way that's perceived to not be offensive. It's stupid bullshit, and I'm not buying it.

Quote:
Quote:
You're admitting to us all that you hold a bias against people who you perceive to be overweight, then you're asking us to accept that view.

Yes. I can see how pointing out that you, on an entirely personal level, which has nothing to do with your body, are being a complete ******** idiot, shows that I have a bias against people I perceive to be overweight.

But hey, in the magical world of This Is Thin Privilege Tumblr Activism, anyone who stands against you is evil fat-shaming anorexic a**-hole, so I'm not surprised by your stupidity.

First off I don't know what the ******** "Thin Privilege Tumblr Activism" is supposed to be. Tumbler is a site for children with ADD and soccer moms who take pictures of cats. I merely saw OP make a highly bigoted, idiotic statement and decided to call him on it, blow me if you don't like it.

Secondly, this is not about me, or what I think on a personal level. The OP made a post to where he admits treating people differently - i.e. bigotry - towards fat people because of some stupid-a** bullshit non-logic he worked out in his head, then wanted all of us to instantly agree with him. ******** that, I do not agree. Don't come on here telling everyone how you hate on people and expect to find allies, because that's bullshit.

Quote:
Quote:

I can only hope that if some day, my mental state has become so stunted that I am angrily attacking OP for doing the exact thing s/he says not to do, some far more intelligent individual will come along and point out how ******** stupid I'm being.

Apparently that person wasn't intelligent enough in this case to know what a qualifying statement is, or how to avoid the Stolen concept fallacy.

But I am correct, you will get old. And when you get old, you're going to gain weight. Then you'll know how it feels.

Quote:

P.S

Quote:
Sorry, but when you say "Being fat is not ok," then that is you being an a*****e.

Go back to This Is Thin Privilege. Your nonsense has no place in intelligent discussion.

Learn critical thinking skills, then you won't be so stupid. You should look up those bold parts, because they explain why you're incorrect.

Btw, blow me.

Beloved Gaian

11,350 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Happy Holidays 2k13! 100

I don’t think we should judge anyone whether its about there weight or religion and stuff like that. Unless you're really concern about someone and their health then maybe you can talk to them about it but other than there its there body. I think people should be more concerned with themselves and stop judging other people in my opinion neutral

Kawaii Transform

Seems like many people like to judge health based on weight.

I'm short and have never weighed much more than 120lbs, even eating fast food and whatnot. But does that mean I'm healthy? No. Not at all.

Once a person decides they want to change their lifestyle, then they can become healthy. Although it can be difficult for everyone, because no one is similar. I have a friend who is desperately trying to gain weight and can't. Then there's the friends who are overweight and try to lose it, but eventually the motivation leaves them. I'm kind of at the point in my life where I have to make choices about my health actively. Just because I'm petite and thin doesn't mean I'll live a long life so long as I keep stuffing chicken nuggets in my mouth.
Hawanja

When you have to put a qualifier like "but" in order to soften your statement, that means you are in fact expressing the exact opposite. Judging people based on how much weight they carry is "treating someone like s**t" in my book. It's like saying "I'm not racist, but..." If you have to put the ******** "but" there then you're guilty of the thing you're trying to avoid. OP is being highly disingenuous. It's called "the stolen concept" fallacy, a way of saying something potentially offensive in a way that's perceived to not be offensive. It's stupid bullshit, and I'm not buying it.

No. What's bullshit is you accusing OP of doing exactly what he says not to do and throwing around more bullshit to cover your a** when it's pointed out to you, dipshit.

Quote:
First off I don't know what the ******** "Thin Privilege Tumblr Activism" is supposed to be.

It's a gaggle of idiots like you. People who view a dog not playing with them as discrimination.

You should look it up. I'm sure you'd fit right in.

Wait, you were too lazy to fully read OP, so I will have to assume you are also too lazy to look it up. Let me make it easy for you.

http://thisisthinprivilege.tumblr.com/

There you go.

Quote:
Secondly, this is not about me, or what I think on a personal level.

Oh but it is. I'm responding to your stupid ******** post,

Quote:
But I am correct, you will get old. And when you get old, you're going to gain weight. Then you'll know how it feels.

Know how what feels? Being an idiot? Because that's what I'm going after you for. You can live in your delusional la la land all you'd like, that isn't going to change s**t.

Quote:
Learn critical thinking skills, then you won't be so stupid.

Coming from Mr. "You *dared* to call me an idiot. Clearly you hold every belief I find disagreeable and I can attack you on those grounds."

Irony abounds.

Quote:
Btw, blow me.

Sorry. I only engage in sex acts with people I find intellectually stimulating. You are not such an individual. You'll have to be content with ******** yourself.

Fashionable Seeker

Yeah, I would have to say you're an a*****e, and wrong to boot.

'Being thin' is not an accurate representation of 'being healthy' or 'fit' anyway. I would know, I weight under 115 pounds, eat crap junk food, and don't exercise. I would be the first to claim that I am a poor representation of being in shape.

My mother, on the other hand, struggles with weight. She gave birth to three kids, and her body never fully recovered from the experience. She's tried everything to get back into shape--first running with my dad, then yoga, finally a personal trainer, and now she's working on her diet as well. She eats better than me, goes through a tough work out two-three times a week, but it's harder for people to stay in shape past a certain age; she's only JUST started to see results after two years of exercise (probably more.)

Regardless, she's got muscle from her efforts, and she's driven to drop the weight. She'd probably last longer than me in a workout, but I'm the one people would automatically assume to be in shape. I can say for certain that the judging stares and opinions of people like the OP hamper my mother's efforts. Those who are already struggling with weight feel ashamed of their own bodies when they go to workout in public because of people like you (it's why my mom works out with my aunt and a trainer--encouragement is a better motivator.)

Of course, I also know people who don't fit your standard of beauty and don't exercise or 'eat right'; people in my family, and 90% of them are kind, selfless people who don't deserve to have horrible thoughts directed towards them just because of their weight.

Aged Sex Symbol

Pitch White Knight

And I'm sure that you've taken the necessary steps to figure out why they are fat, or if they're in a healthy range for their BMI. Because judging without having all the information would definitely make you an a*****e.

There are some people that are on medications that cause them to gain weight. I personally know 4 people who have gained weight from being placed on steroids to make sure their heart wouldn't give out because it was too weak.

I had a medical condition I didn't even KNOW about until I was 18. And it made me gain weight. I am on pills to help regulate the problem, but I sure as hell didn't want this to happen.

How do you know some of these fat people are actively trying to lose the weight? It doesn't come off easily, so maybe instead of assuming that they aren't putting any effort into changing, check your fcking facts.

Fashionable Genius

I know very few people who are fat because they are lazy or genuinely don't care. There's a lot of different factors that can cause weight issues. Not just physical health or genetics. Mental health can be a cause since most sugars and processed foods give a feel good rush; food can be way of self medicating for depression and other emotional issues.

Economic status can play a role. Lets face it. Eating bad is cheap and filling. Eating healthy leaves you (or, well, me) feeling hungry all the time and requires a lot of prep time in comparison.And is expensive. Some people don't even have access to stores that carry staples and healthy food. Ever hear of food deserts?

To make matter worse, once you start gaining weight due to whatever reason the weight itself makes it harder to exercise which can lead to more weight gain in a vicious cycle.

So, no. I don't think its fair to judge people on being fat.
Pitch White Knight
I totally disagree.

I guess the same thing can be said of homosexual men, then, since that buttblasting they like to do so much literally makes them over 40 TIMES as likely to contract HIV as someone else.

Jesus that's ******** gross. I should be allowed to judge these people for not taking basic care of their bodies.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff