Welcome to Gaia! ::

I'm aware that, here on Gaia, we're all filled with misconstrewed opinions about God. We don't believe in God because he's a 'hypocrit' or whatever, or we're questioning our faith.

So I ask, short of actually seeing Him, what would you need to see to believe in God?
Every idiot on the planet struck with lightning.

Twice.
God! Not another God thread. Give it up.
.[exe]

I've never seen a thread like this. I'm just curious, what would make people believers? Who knows! Maybe God is reading this thread and will take note. xd
What would you need to see to believe in God?
... God...

(Seeing, feeling, smelling, touching) is believing. Only a messenger of god would suffice in his place, or some sort of godly answering machine. stare
Celdor

Twice.

But, smartass comments asside, and assuming God created these people, why would he strike down his own Children?
Maybe an angel that bonks me on the head and says "fool, God exists". Then I need to be sure that I wasn't on drugs and didn't hallucinate. I still wouldn't follow a religion though.
I'd need him to show himself. With thunder, lightning, divine punishment and all the likes.
sparks_501
What would you need to see to believe in God?
... God...

(Seeing, feeling, smelling, touching) is believing. Only a messenger of god would suffice in his place, or some sort of godly answering machine. stare

So you want the second coming of Jesus?
Jim Jesus 2.0
Celdor

Twice.

But, smartass comments asside, and assuming God created these people, why would he strike down his own Children?

Maybe for the same reason he sends them to Hell. I never understood how he could love everybody, but then send people to Hell. Is it like that parental love when your parents say they still love you after they sell off all of your possesions to a charity because you failed a class?
Jim Jesus 2.0
.[exe]

I've never seen a thread like this. I'm just curious, what would make people believers? Who knows! Maybe God is reading this thread and will take note. xd

God: I meant is as a theme to a topic. It's over used.
Jim Jesus 2.0
Celdor

Twice.

Because he's ashamed of his creations?

If I created people like some of the idiots that exist, I'd probably hide away and never speak to anyone.

Hey wait, maybe God does exist. And just doesn't want anyone to see him, because he's so ashamed. YES! Or not.

Strike 'em down!
Halo 3 coming out in febuary of this year... and chiaki kuriyama or Michelle Rodriguez showing up at my house to give me a kiss... or my school suddenly becoming an arcaide any of the three would be good enough for me.
GoldenCrater
I'd need him to show himself. With thunder, lightning, divine punishment and all the likes.

Why must God prove himself with destruction? There have been several replies like this. If Christianity is based on his teachings of peace, how can destruction prove Him?
Jim Jesus 2.0
Celdor

Twice.

Bad children, bad. I don't know what I believe in... but I beleive in something.. I just don't know yet.. I'm not entirley sure myself.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff