Welcome to Gaia! ::

Magical Mrs. Mistoffelees
Taiga Ameca
User Image

You didn't answer my question, but okay. Because you wish to have a child, and you are not taking the risk of disease proper responsibility behind it. Meaning that if you catch a disease, you would have to pay for the medical bills, not your parents.

Now would you kindly answer the question.

I didn't answer said question because it actually didn't look like it was directed at me. You did answer it yourself, but whatever.

But first of all, you're assuming that the only reason to have sex is to have children? Yeah right. If "adults" only have sex to procreate, explain why contraceptives exist, Explain why the majority of abortions are done by adult women who have used protection and it failed? People have sex for other reasons then procreation even as they are adults. Heck, people who are infertile due to genetics, accidents, or simply old age keep having sex even though they cannot have kids anymore.

Not to mention, even if you are underage, STDs don't pop out of nowhere. It's called getting tested before having sex.

Now as for your question, first of all -> http://marriage.about.com/cs/sex/a/sexfrequency.htm

Second, yeah because it feels good, because a person wants to share a bond with another, because someone is in love with the other, do you want other clichéd reasons?

Reasons to have sex are personal and change from person to person. If you feel like having a kid is the only reason, then good for you, that's your opinion. But hey, for some people that's a terrible reason, just as "'cause it feels good" seems to be a terrible reason in your opinion.

User Image

Oh! You thought that it was retorical question!

As to the love thing, peoples brains are not fully developed untill they are 21. This means that their skills at making decisions are somewhat lacking. If you want a source, I can find one, but I am pretty sure that that is common knowledge.

The other cons are the fact that if you (general you) were to get a disease or pregnant as a minor, your parents would be expected to pay medical bills. You are thus not old enough to except the concequences. When you are an adult you are old enough to accept the concequences if only because society forces you to.

How does this make it impossible for someone under 21 to feel love?

Get your partner tested before you do anything. We also have abortions, though, there are some excessively retarded and dangerous laws (to the minor) in some states regarding those.
Lord Setar
Taiga Ameca
User Image

You didn't answer my question, but okay. Because you wish to have a child, and you are not taking the risk of disease proper responsibility behind it. Meaning that if you catch a disease, you would have to pay for the medical bills, not your parents.

I didn't answer said question because it actually didn't look like it was directed at me. You did answer it yourself, but whatever.

But first of all, you're assuming that the only reason to have sex is to have children? Yeah right. If "adults" only have sex to procreate, explain why contraceptives exist, Explain why the majority of abortions are done by adult women who have used protection and it failed? People have sex for other reasons then procreation even as they are adults. Heck, people who are infertile due to genetics, accidents, or simply old age keep having sex even though they cannot have kids anymore.

Not to mention, even if you are underage, STDs don't pop out of nowhere. It's called getting tested before having sex.

Now as for your question, first of all -> http://marriage.about.com/cs/sex/a/sexfrequency.htm

Second, yeah because it feels good, because a person wants to share a bond with another, because someone is in love with the other, do you want other clichéd reasons?

Reasons to have sex are personal and change from person to person. If you feel like having a kid is the only reason, then good for you, that's your opinion. But hey, for some people that's a terrible reason, just as "'cause it feels good" seems to be a terrible reason in your opinion.

User Image

As to the love thing, peoples brains are not fully developed untill they are 21. This means that their skills at making decisions are somewhat lacking. If you want a source, I can find one, but I am pretty sure that that is common knowledge.

The other cons are the fact that if you (general you) were to get a disease or pregnant as a minor, your parents would be expected to pay medical bills. You are thus not old enough to except the concequences. When you are an adult you are old enough to accept the concequences if only because society forces you to.

Get your partner tested before you do anything. We also have abortions, though, there are some excessively retarded and dangerous laws (to the minor) in some states regarding those.

User Image

I am not saying that it is impossible, I am just saying that a 14 year old is less experienced along the lines of love then, say, a 21 year old. And even if the 21 year old was not experienced in love, and had sex to only find that it was hormones talking, not the heart then she/he, if they caught a disease/got pregnant would be old enough to be forced to pay reprecutions for their actions. If they got a disease as an adult then they would have to pay for the hospital bills, but if they were a minor, that responsibility would fall on the parents shoulders.
Lord Setar
Taiga Ameca
User Image

User Image

User Image

I am not saying that it is impossible, I am just saying that a 14 year old is less experienced along the lines of love then, say, a 21 year old. And even if the 21 year old was not experienced in love, and had sex to only find that it was hormones talking, not the heart then she/he, if they caught a disease/got pregnant would be old enough to be forced to pay reprecutions for their actions. If they got a disease as an adult then they would have to pay for the hospital bills, but if they were a minor, that responsibility would fall on the parents shoulders.

Which is why I said to get your partner tested before you do anything. I believe that some places such as Planned Parenthood offer some services at less cost if you're in a bad situation financially - such as being a minor.
Lord Setar
Lord Setar
Taiga Ameca
User Image

User Image

User Image

Which is why I said to get your partner tested before you do anything. I believe that some places such as Planned Parenthood offer some services at less cost if you're in a bad situation financially - such as being a minor.

User Image

I agree that you should always have your partner tested. And I also agree that there are some lower, cost effective places to go. I just don't think that people at that age are metally mature enough to make such a decision. I don't think there should be a law about it, I just think that it is plain stupid.

Although I have never heard of Planned Parenthood. Thank you for mentioning it, it sounds like a very good organization.
Orion8888
Orion8888
Lily-Anne-Marie
Teenagers want to have sex because their hormones are raging. They don't stop to think about what having sex actually means. There are many dangers with it.

1. IT'S AGAINST THE LAW
2. AIDS
3. STDs
4. Pregnancy

No teenager ever thinks about those things. They are just caught up in the moment and the fact it feels soo good etc.

1.) Against the law isn't an argument. It doesn't prove anything to be wrong.
2,3,4.) All these things happen to "grown-ups" just as much, if not more.

User Image

Yes, but if a younger person catches a disease, or gets pregnant than it is the parents legal obligation to pay for the hospital bills. If an adult catches a disease or gets pregnant then they pay for the bills. That is one major difference. At a young age you are not old enough to financially accept the reprocutions.

Which is why ur parents don't want you having sex. This doesn't make it morally wrong. confused

User Image

You (not you literally, you in general) are taking a health risk that could cause financial problems, yet you would be forcing the cost onto another person. I personally don't have a problem with underage sex, but I can see where people who are against it are comming from. At that age you are not old enough to accept the responsibilities and repricusions that come from it. It is like you crashing your car, but then forcing someone else to pay for it.

I also think it is a stupid decision to make. The only pro is that it feel good, while the cons are far greater in number.

so it's the fincial side of the issue which makes teen sex morally wrong then?
Spicy Jambalaya
I do not think that sex in highschool is the best thing. I think that you should be focused on getting good grades, or at least graduating. There's always a risk of getting pregnant or STDS, and while you're in highschool, why would you want that in your head? In my opinion, Maturity comes with age and life experience- Sex is something that needs to be handled maturely- not by a 13 year old.

so what is a honrey 13 year old supost to do about that? Just accept the fact that they're not supost to be feeling the way they are?
twitxh
Well, I can't give any reasons why it's morally wrong but, as someone who is in the particular age range, when I hear about someone who is my age, fourteen or younger getting pregnant I am utterly repulsed. Unless that 13/14/15 or whatever year old can find a job that pays enough to support a child then they shouldn't be having sex. Heck, most teenagers can barely hold a B averagein school, what makes them think they can hold a job to support a fragile young baby who needs every single moment of attention the parent has?

And don't tell me that they can use condoms because thats not the point. My point is is that if they are not old enough to do all of the things the a parent needs to do for a child, like driving them to the hospital everytime they cough and paying the hospital bills, or paying for the food, diapers, and bedding, then they are obviously not old enough to have sex.

If it were up to me, every female would wear a chastity belt until the were 17.

it's sexist to say that men have the right to have sex while women do not at certain ages. Just saying...

User Image

EDIT: Don't forget the factors that hormones are raging and that people are generally unexperienced at such a young age. Many people who have sex at a young age do not stay in love with the person that they lost their virginity to. So it was not love, just hormones. People at that age are too young to have gotten enough experience with romantic love.

Yeah, sorry about that.

Having your brain not fully developped doesn't mean that you can't experience life. Yes, most high school couples don't last forever, but, are we going to forbide people from living simply because "you can't make all your decisions yet"? Not to mention, why would this only apply to love and sex? We allow teens to get jobs, drive cars, get into college, etc. Clearly, things that demand a good amount of decision making.

Not to mention, what's so wrong with not staying in love with the person you lost your virginity to? Heck, in the adult world, people divorce, people have one night stands, people have raging hormones. And heck, a 16 years old who has never had a boyfriend/girlfriend and is still a virgin is as much inexperienced as a 25-30 years old in the same exact situation. You learn from expirience, going pass a certain age doesn't make you an expert on romantic love, especially if you haven't even dated yet.

And you know what bothers me about the whole "your parents pay" thing? You're assuming that they will permanently lose their money on these things. A teen gets in a car accident, a lot of parents will teel the teen to either deal with it themselves with their own money, pay up (if they're very nice), or loan you the cash and you'll have to pay them later. Not to mention, you are assuming that these teens cannot get money themselves. Have you ever read about what some teens are willing to do so their paretns would not figure out they accidently got pregnant and had an abortion? Why are you assuming that every teen doesn't take any form of precaution and will run to mommy and daddy begging for money if a problem occurs and not expect to pay it back?
--His Creation--
MetalTaco
Nyxelestia

--His Creation--
your body is no longer pure

Tell me what the point of being pure is.

And tell me who in this world is actually pure.

hmm, your DO have a point, but actually, babies are, they are pure until thier first sin

being "pure" is just self image. It deosn't reeeele matter what ppl think of you or how pure you exactly seem to be.
The moral problem comes from the fact that the human brain is not fully developed until the age of 25, and that the part of your brain that controls decision making is severly underdeveloped until you're about 16-20/ Yes, it varies a lot. Yes, it's inaccurate. But it's generally what drives people to want to protect younger generations from themselves.
Orion8888
so it's the fincial side of the issue which makes teen sex morally wrong then?

User Image

No, it just makes it irresponsible. As I have said in a previous post, for me to go into morals I would have to go into religion, which the OP has requested we do not do.
Orion8888
Spicy Jambalaya
I do not think that sex in highschool is the best thing. I think that you should be focused on getting good grades, or at least graduating. There's always a risk of getting pregnant or STDS, and while you're in highschool, why would you want that in your head? In my opinion, Maturity comes with age and life experience- Sex is something that needs to be handled maturely- not by a 13 year old.

so what is a honrey 13 year old supost to do about that? Just accept the fact that they're not supost to be feeling the way they are?

Supposed.

The fact that a child, barely in puberty, is horny astounds me. What do you propose that 13 year old do? Go find someone to shag? I hope not.
Taiga Ameca

User Image

EDIT: Don't forget the factors that hormones are raging and that people are generally unexperienced at such a young age. Many people who have sex at a young age do not stay in love with the person that they lost their virginity to. So it was not love, just hormones. People at that age are too young to have gotten enough experience with romantic love.

Yeah, sorry about that.

Having your brain not fully developped doesn't mean that you can't experience life. Yes, most high school couples don't last forever, but, are we going to forbide people from living simply because "you can't make all your decisions yet"? Not to mention, why would this only apply to love and sex? We allow teens to get jobs, drive cars, get into college, etc. Clearly, things that demand a good amount of decision making.

Not to mention, what's so wrong with not staying in love with the person you lost your virginity to? Heck, in the adult world, people divorce, people have one night stands, people have raging hormones. And heck, a 16 years old who has never had a boyfriend/girlfriend and is still a virgin is as much inexperienced as a 25-30 years old in the same exact situation. You learn from expirience, going pass a certain age doesn't make you an expert on romantic love, especially if you haven't even dated yet.

And you know what bothers me about the whole "your parents pay" thing? You're assuming that they will permanently lose their money on these things. A teen gets in a car accident, a lot of parents will teel the teen to either deal with it themselves with their own money, pay up (if they're very nice), or loan you the cash and you'll have to pay them later. Not to mention, you are assuming that these teens cannot get money themselves. Have you ever read about what some teens are willing to do so their paretns would not figure out they accidently got pregnant and had an abortion? Why are you assuming that every teen doesn't take any form of precaution and will run to mommy and daddy begging for money if a problem occurs and not expect to pay it back?

User Image
I am not saying that all teans will not pay their parents back for medical bills. What I am saying is that the law expects the parents to pay for it, so it is within the childs rights to refuse to pay their parects for those bills. If a minor were to crash their car, the law does not require the parents to pay for the cars repairs/insurance, though they will be expected to pay for medical bills.

I brought up the fact that people do not often stay with the first person they sleep with because you brought up the love arguement. That was my counter-arguement. Most minors have not had enough experience in love to know what true love is. Some adults don't either, but at least they are forced to deal with the consequences, while a minor would legally (whether they are meaning to or not) force their parents to deal with the consequences.

Edit: If I sound rude, that is not my intention. I appologize if that is so.
User Image
I am not saying that all teans will not pay their parents back for medical bills. What I am saying is that the law expects the parents to pay for it, so it is within the childs rights to refuse to pay their parects for those bills. If a minor were to crash their car, the law does not require the parents to pay for the cars repairs/insurance, though they will be expected to pay for medical bills.

I brought up the fact that people do not often stay with the first person they sleep with because you brought up the love arguement. That was my counter-arguement. Most minors have not had enough experience in love to know what true love is. Some adults don't either, but at least they are forced to deal with the consequences, while a minor would legally (whether they are meaning to or not) forge their parents to deal with the consequences.

Still, we allow teens to have cars even if paying the hospital bill falls on the parents. And you keep forgetting one thing, while it might be legal to force your parents to pay the bill without any consequences for yourself, what do you think the parents will do after? Unless you are desperately trying to get on their bad side, you do understand what can happen if you (general) piss them off? You might be able to cheat yourself out of paying the bill, but the trouble isn't over.

And not every teen is a jackass. Yes, a lot of teens do take responsibility when something bad happens.

I still do not get your point. So what if they don't stay in love with the same person forever? Love can last as long or as shortly as you want. Not to mention, you're mixing two things up now. Not knowing "true love" has nothing to do with accidents that can happen in sex.
Spicy Jambalaya
Orion8888
Spicy Jambalaya

Supposed.

The fact that a child, barely in puberty, is horny astounds me. What do you propose that 13 year old do? Go find someone to shag? I hope not.
People enter puberty at different ages. Just thought I would put that out there.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff