• Voter 100
  • Mark Twain 100
redroosters
Keltoi Samurai
redroosters

"Bakane" is one of my favorite Japanese expressions, meaning "You fool."

why not just say "you fool," then?

Not the same impact.

arguably more impact, since gratuitous foreign languages thrown into any conversation primarily in another language is just pretentious bullshit, barring of course, cases where the language you're communicating in lacks a word for the concept being expressed
Keltoi Samurai
redroosters
Keltoi Samurai
redroosters

Not the same impact.

arguably more impact, since gratuitous foreign languages thrown into any conversation primarily in another language is just pretentious bullshit, barring of course, cases where the language you're communicating in lacks a word for the concept being expressed

English is a s**t language used by the West, which I despise.

Alien Dog

17,850 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Voter 100
  • Mark Twain 100
redroosters
Keltoi Samurai
redroosters
Keltoi Samurai
redroosters

Not the same impact.

and you say you're not a weeaboo.
Keltoi Samurai
redroosters
Keltoi Samurai
redroosters
Keltoi Samurai
redroosters

Not the same impact.

Japan is also s**t, like the West. However, both have excellent nerd cultures what produce good things for the community to enjoy. Call me an international nerd.

Familiar Poster

Hmm.....Something about a guy just driving down the road randomly jumping out of his car to fire off his gun into the woods seems off to me.

Dapper Shapeshifter

We actually have a problem with deer inside of our town (Cody, Wyoming) so the city put together a "Deer Management Task Force"...I mean goodness. Just take a few and use the meat to the low income families.
zaptar13
Hmm.....Something about a guy just driving down the road randomly jumping out of his car to fire off his gun into the woods seems off to me.

clearly if you have ever been hunting in your life, you were not paying attention.

Familiar Poster

Michael Noire
zaptar13

clearly if you have ever been hunting in your life, you were not paying attention.
Never been hunting before. But I probably wouldn't be paying that much attention either.
Michael Noire
Tee the Wicked
Owns a gun and bullets? Check
Owns a vehicle capable of hauling a full-grown doe? Check.
Can afford gas to power the vehicle? Check.

So I call bullshit on this guy's EXCUSE that he "was unemployed and couldn't feed his family" He obviously has money to buy gas. He could sell his vehicle and buy a cheaper one/find alternative transportation. He could sell his gun. This guy just did what he wanted and now doesn't want to face the consequences. Personally, I don't have a problem with what he did, but I do have a problem with his excuse and lack of responsibility.

logic failure.

Cost of Gasoline: 3-4 bucks/ gallon
Cost of Venison: 7-20 bucks/ pound
Cost of Ammo: 50-90 cents/ bullet

We don't know his circumstances, but we do know a hunter who already has guns and ammo in his possession will get more food shooting it than he would by selling a used truck and saving his gas money.

.. Entirely depends on the round he was using. Rifle cartridges can range quite a bit higher than that. Not to mention that a rifle will cost at least 200-300 dollars at the very least.

So yes, there is some logic failure going on here.

Fanatical Zealot

redroosters
Keltoi Samurai
redroosters
Keltoi Samurai
redroosters

Not the same impact.

Japan is also s**t, like the West. However, both have excellent nerd cultures what produce good things for the community to enjoy. Call me an international nerd.

A weeaboo.

Alien Dog

17,850 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Voter 100
  • Mark Twain 100
zaptar13
Michael Noire
zaptar13

Never been hunting before. But I probably wouldn't be paying that much attention either.

so, tell me, when did willful ignorance become something to be proud of?
Tactical Leg Sweep
Michael Noire
Tee the Wicked
Owns a gun and bullets? Check
Owns a vehicle capable of hauling a full-grown doe? Check.
Can afford gas to power the vehicle? Check.

So I call bullshit on this guy's EXCUSE that he "was unemployed and couldn't feed his family" He obviously has money to buy gas. He could sell his vehicle and buy a cheaper one/find alternative transportation. He could sell his gun. This guy just did what he wanted and now doesn't want to face the consequences. Personally, I don't have a problem with what he did, but I do have a problem with his excuse and lack of responsibility.

logic failure.

Cost of Gasoline: 3-4 bucks/ gallon
Cost of Venison: 7-20 bucks/ pound
Cost of Ammo: 50-90 cents/ bullet

We don't know his circumstances, but we do know a hunter who already has guns and ammo in his possession will get more food shooting it than he would by selling a used truck and saving his gas money.

.. Entirely depends on the round he was using. Rifle cartridges can range quite a bit higher than that. Not to mention that a rifle will cost at least 200-300 dollars at the very least.

So yes, there is some logic failure going on here.

you are missing the common sense that goes with logic:

gasoline is a new expense.
he already owns the car
bullets are bought in bulk, which means he probably already owns the bullets
he already owns the rifles, and has hunted in the past

so his bullet expense is close to 0, so is the car, so is the rifle.
the only new expense is gasoline, and possibly insurrance, which people sometimes pay in 6 month to year lump sums, so we can assume that's already paid too.

Net result: it is cheaper to hunt because he's already got these things.

if you owned your own lumber yard and had a bunch of power tools and spare time, making your own furniture would also be cheaper than buying it. Imagine if making furniture was made illegal. What seems sensible to some seems ridiculous to others.
Michael Noire
Net result: it is cheaper to hunt because he's already got these things.

if you owned your own lumber yard and had a bunch of power tools and spare time, making your own furniture would also be cheaper than buying it. Imagine if making furniture was made illegal. What seems sensible to some seems ridiculous to others.

Why have you stubbornly refused to address the issue of wildlife and ecosystem conservation in favour of spouting anarchist gubbins? The man already has the option to receive food from the government, and therefore did not need to shoot anything to feed his family. If people are allowed the wantonly shoot deer instead of getting their handout, you could see a species annihilation.

Address this Michael. Now. Before you say anything more on this, and make fatuous comparisons to furniture building, address this.

Familiar Poster

Keltoi Samurai
zaptar13
Michael Noire
zaptar13

so, tell me, when did willful ignorance become something to be proud of?
Hmm...I see no problem with it.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces